IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png
EFDACD6A-A27D-49B1-99F1-A94B7086313E (resized).jpeg
bop_2_rules (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1756 Product info Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #1758 Availability update Posted by Fourbyracer (7 years ago)

Post #1788 Key workaround info Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #1859 How to backup your ssd drive for BOP 2.0 Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #2104 Betabrite installation notes Posted by mgpasman (7 years ago)

Post #2776 1.21 software update (improved 1.0 support) Posted by KoenHeltzel (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sd_tom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 9 years ago

You BOP guys hear anything new yet? End of June was last word I was able to find. Not in on BOP 2.0 but as a TBL want to see them make their commitments to you guys first. Since we have a payment due July 1 hoping they have a big newsletter soon that they are shipping for you guys and maybe an artwork reveal for us

1 week later
#84 9 years ago

couple people mentioned it on other BOP 2.0 thread. Happy for you guys.. as a TBL customer excited to see them succeed in this area.

1 month later
#93 9 years ago

Maybe days is dutch for weeks?

#100 9 years ago

Looks like at least 45 P-ROCs in the pictures.

1 week later
#104 9 years ago

So, nothing more from them after the photos?

i would have to believe they are "so close" that they think all will be forgiven by hunkering down and trying to pound it out. Hope they are as close as they think they are New company and all that though, plus they got all "official" with PPS.. wonder if there's a lot of review process now with Rick and/or Williams for their new stuff?

#108 9 years ago

Well, as a TBL guy I'm certainly watching what happens here so fumbling BoP 2.0 certainly doesn't help them with TBL. They are doing a VIP thing at expo for TBL people.. If they haven't come through by then should be able to find them in person to get some answers if anyone is going.

#114 9 years ago

good to hear a timeline is in place now, official or not

1 month later
#156 9 years ago

I wouldn't assume the whole team is showing up in Houston cause you're right, they need to get bop shipping. Given a day to travel both ways and all that , plus getting the prototypes they likely left in the states moved from their IL HQ down to Houston is a pain too.. And that's the same guy or small USA staff that would be prepping your BOP kits. They have the dutch pinball open show this weekend as well.

1 week later
#169 9 years ago

yeah and can be hard to notice too. I was noticing on my NGG buzz was having problems going down. When I got in there, I found the wrong coil #, wrong coil stop on both Buzz and Bud, and a piece of coil sleeve used as a spacer on the wrong coil. I'm fixing all that this weekend... but yeah, I could of gone years without finding that, and some new software might be tuned slightly different on the timings where the old hacks don't work (as they were hacked just until "good enough" to make the old software happy). so, yes, potential is out there.

3 weeks later
#192 9 years ago

Just wildly speculating.. they added a VIP party in NYC for this weekend for TBL. If there is some part they need to bring over here to get USA shipping going, it is much easier to fly it over here as excess baggage and walk it through customs yourself... vs. shipping it and who knows what happens. So, just a guess is that this weekend has dual motives of also getting BOP2.0 rolling here.

#201 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

algrande, can I have mine shipped to you and pick it up?

Hopefully by the time that got sorted out, you'd have or got very close to having yours anyway really feel them visiting the states this weekend is going to be the final stage in getting these out the door here... if they started shipping them by the end of next week in USA.. maybe could start seeing them around Christmas? Maybe there's a few Christmas miracles to happen still.

3 weeks later
#232 9 years ago

I just want to know when RareHero gets his? This week?

1 week later
#252 9 years ago

couldn't you just mask out the DP logo and spray paint the grill whatever color you want?

1 week later
#278 9 years ago

Not sure how many check the DP forums but they just posted about signing up for beta testing if interested.

#286 9 years ago

There was also the beta software release notes.. Looks like mostly improvements to bop 1.0 and being more tolerant of 20 year old games with busted switches? (If I'm reading that correct).

Awaiting some USA unboxing posts!

#290 9 years ago

ah ok... that covers most of it. What's the the heartbeat ramp (no entrance switch required) bit about then? similar?

#321 9 years ago

Congrats!!

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

So it got stranger... I got a package that was not addressed to me from "The Sports Authority". I called FedEx. I put it back on the porch. I had to go out for 2 Hours and when I got back, the right package was here. Crazy!

Maybe 50% of your DP order got put on his porch! and they got swapped? Weird. Glad you are whole again.

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I got one box delivered.....great. Hopefully the second one will show up today.

The Awarner special . Just have to wait for your sports authority box next

#445 9 years ago

You can't go there and pick it up? I thought you could tell them you wanted to pick up at their facility, they pull off their truck and then you go to counter..

#447 9 years ago

Can't get it tomorrow though? That sucks

1 week later
#538 9 years ago

Wasn't this a problem with the original version of software but fixed in 1.09 (most USA kits shipped with this though vs 1.08.

#607 9 years ago

Its just for fun.. If someone feels the need to cheat thats sort of their personal issues.

1 week later
#648 9 years ago

how about this, don't store any sensitive data on your pinball machine

2 months later
#799 8 years ago

Wow editing video mode levels and sharing them between games. Nice..

#824 8 years ago

as a anecdote.. xmen had a few ghosting problems when it shipped, and it was cabling.. there was some cross talk happening and by physically separating a wiring harness inidividual strands as it traveled around you could get ghosting to stop. So if the two lights giving you problems are part of the same harness, may be worth playing around.

2 weeks later
#855 8 years ago

I dunno.. Entering network settings from some coin door buttons seems a lot more work.

#857 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How so? I use a Macbook as my main computer. I don't have keyboards and mice laying around, nor am I comfortable navigating in the "computer mode" of this mod. If BOP 2.0 has online capability, I'd like to be able to set it up in a user-friendly way from the game's menus. Otherwise I probably just won't use the functionality.

Just thinking about , as an example, setting a wireless password. Without a qwerty interface of some kind it will be a pain depending on complexity. More/less pain than hooking up a keyboard/mouse once.. Guess it depends on comfort level with PC tech.

I thought everybody had a drawer in their home with keyboards and mice. heck I just bought another one just for raspberry pi last month.

I think they said TBL will be Linux based so changing network settings programmatically from within python or whatever they're writing stuff in will be easier, so maybe it will get better for that.

#875 8 years ago

I understand where rarehero is coming from, my mom would have the same concerns.

as I imagine some might get on route? No wifi everywhere, etc.. I think updating via media is always going to have to be supported; so that's prob safe

2 months later
#941 8 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I wondered what they were working on.

Getting TBL out this quarter (with at least some software) is prob top priority.. I'm sure they have Koen working in shifts down at the crime lab.

2 weeks later
#957 8 years ago

Seeing BOP2.0 getting love makes me even more excited for TBL. Sorry that it's taken this long.. but, compared to "other projects" mishaps going on in the hobby guess relatively it's not so bad. It's too bad BOP2.0 has been a rather sleeper project, they are really doing some cool shit.

1 month later
#1030 8 years ago

Maybe mayuh can live stream some for you?

1 month later
#1110 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

PM sent...................to Barry.
Hold that....will be sending a PM after the DPO.

Yeah no funny stuff (distractions) right now

2 months later
#1186 8 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

I also installed based on the European version video found here: http://www.dutchpinball.com/bop2/bop-manual-eu
I didn't have a fuse either. When spending this amount of money it would be nice if there was a single piece of paper directing me to some valid install instructions! Nothing came with the kit explaining anything. I tried starting up but the computer keeps shutting down a couple of minutes after starting up. It tells me on the display that it is shutting down. Anybody run into this issue? Also, no sound. Hesitant to troubleshoot much without some guidance.

Will probably get more help at the dutch pinball forums.

#1216 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Thanks and please let guys like us know when its safe to dive into our machines to do the conversion without stress.
"It's only pinball"

The reality is that you still could have issues.. Even after the batch 2 variances are sorted.

Just have to think about what this kit is trying to do.. Swap out the boards on 25 year old games.. Which have huge variability in quality of the harnesses, IDC connectors, switch gaps, and repairs that may have just barely worked for the original boards, or maybe only worked due to degraded original boards. It's major surgery regardless so, I guess I would just wait till your stress level is ready to handle potential tweaking at least

#1239 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg

Haha my college roomate was Adam. Going to forward this to him.. He didn't know he was in the credits till I caught it on a video. He's kind of gotten out of pinball

#1248 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Got my kit, installed it last night, started playing my first game and it rebooted. Kept rebooting about the time the second ball came out... tonight I'm going to have to dig into it and figure out why. Install was easy.

If you haven't already, the DP forums are more help with these issues than pinside since DP staff participate. I think there's a support email to report issues as well / opening a ticket kind of thing.

6 months later
#1596 7 years ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sd_tom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only?tu=sd_tom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.