fullsizeoutput_5282 (resized).jpeg
231E1676-14F3-40FE-9F90-3403AC7C986F (resized).png
IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
bop_cabinet_complete_7 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1756 Product info Posted by rubberducks (4 years ago)

Post #1758 Availability update Posted by Fourbyracer (4 years ago)

Post #1788 Key workaround info Posted by awarner (4 years ago)

Post #1859 How to backup your ssd drive for BOP 2.0 Posted by awarner (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 7 years ago

anyone know about a warranty or tech service for bop 2.0 ?

7 months later
#110 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Update - I had some off the forum conversations with Barry in regards to BOP 2.0. I wont post the full conversation as that would be in bad taste since it was a private conversation but I did ask if it was OK to post the main item of our conversation of which he was good with me doing, so I will.
Barry has advised that they have a goal to have these kits shipped by Expo. He's also advised that, as of know, things are finally going as planned so this goal is a real one that they are pretty confident will be hit. Looks like we have a bit over a month longer till these go out. While not ideal, I'm happy to know what the plan is and if that timeline is hit I will be happy. I asked that if something came up I would be more than happy to keep you all posted so if I hear otherwise I'll let you know.

when and where is the expo ???

4 months later
#353 6 years ago
Quoted from Postmortem:

Is the second batch of pre-orders remotely close to being filled by chance?

i asked barry the same question.. as of 2 weeks ago, they were half filled. im waiting to see what everyone says before i order mine. hoping to hear that the music tracks can be changed and how to do so.

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from Postmortem:

You would think, now that a bunch of people have their kits, there would be a bunch of new gameplay videos. Maybe a video of someone going over all the rules while showing it visually. That would be cool. it would give me something to hold me over while I impatiently wait for the second batch of pre-orders to finally ship out =D

you read my mind ! im still debating on getting 2.0 or not. last i knew the pre-orders for the second batch was half way there. you have any updates ? i was also informed that the music files are in the directory and can be changed. the reason why id like to make sure is the latest video music is so lame compared to the 2013 video which i think had the multi ball tracks right from the begining. would like to hear from 2.0 owners about this.

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

You should add to your poll: How many BOP owners do not plan on purchasing the BOP 2.0 kit.
Will give more perspective. I for one voted I'm waiting for the more complete package. But I appreciate you trailblazers! Keep the conversation going....

you are waiting for the more complete package... will this be the case with the second batch ? from what i know, there might not be a third preorder.

2 weeks later
#675 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Wait a minute... Are you telling me that the reproduction face plastics sometimes let the ball fall through the face into the cube? WTH?

CPR...are you listening ??? you need to reuse the metal bracket for the first two faces and this will not be a issue.

3 weeks later
#707 6 years ago

the 2 above posts is mostly why i havent gotten 2.0. why would i want to compromise anything for that kind of money ?

1 month later
#859 6 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Still waiting patiently for preorder batch #2

just pre-ordered mine !

1 week later
#904 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Just received an update to the 1.11 code. Sure most you have it already being beta testers but us non-testers got the code today

what are the changes with the update ?

1 month later
#934 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Faceplate Repro and head bugs
during th bug in BOP 2.0 sometimes the ball falls in the head
someone told me the PPS Repro holes are to big
anyone knows a fix for this?

im guessing you are refering to the holes for her eyes and mouth ? if so, you need to reuse the oem brackets from the orignal for the first 2 faces.

3 weeks later
#943 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Barry just announced on the Dutch Pinball Forum that the final completed code for the game should be released by the end of this month. This is awesome news. It will include the "Metamorphosis"!!! Check it out at:
http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67&sid=6db2e8b6ecddae95b0bdf3a14b107f79

awesome ! glad im in for batch #2 !

2 weeks later
#967 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I can't imagine even the best player getting this far in a competition. It is REALLY hard. There is so much before it. Even with the glass off (how I'm testing) it takes a while to do.
Multiball two requires you to hit the heartbeat ramp, then immediately hit the shuttle ramp (in 5 seconds) to lock a ball. You have to do this 3 times! I have never done it in regular play. I'm not that good yet, I guess.

what is required to get to metamorphosis ? how does it compare to the orignal ? cant wait to see this !

1 week later
#1011 6 years ago

looking forward to seeing some game play video of the new modes... especially metamorphosis !

3 weeks later
#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I'm working on a plug and play solution for streaming to twitch. I built a setup and I'm currently testing it... I'll be streaming for 30+ hours at http://www.twitch.tv/flippart
Of course I choose BoP2.0
Friday evening at around 7pm (CET, so around 1pm east coast, 23 hours from now) there will be actual games
If you feel like watching, come join us...

was only able to catch a bit of this...really hoping to see someone post game play videos from the latest modes!!!

2 weeks later
#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

To prove I'm not full of crap. Here is the game video I promised above. Decent game so you get to see some game progress. Forgive some of the stupid mistakes. You should get a decent idea of some of the new modes at least too. Sounds like Mayuh has a guy that can show more of the game without taking the glass off. If there is something people want to see that don't wind up on his next video post it and I'll try to accomplish it in another video.
» YouTube video

thanks for posting this ! hoping you can post metamorphosis in the next video !

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

I really like that new side art as well.
I might and know my wife would miss having that striking purple cabinet though. Any chance you could swap out the black back ground for a deep purple or whatever purple looks best with your design?

hey bigdan !...can you imagine these black cabinet decals with the pinblades you posted in the non 2.0 thread ! that would be perfect !

#1063 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Anyone hear any updates on the latest round of kits from Dutch Pinball? They asked for our full money a few months ago, I thought that meant the kits were in production and coming soon. I can't tell from their website, but it still looks like they are looking for a few more people to get on board.

Last I knew it was going to be 8 to 10 weeks which should be sometime very soon. Like you... I'm waiting to get mine.

4 weeks later
#1092 5 years ago

while that looks really nice... what about the quality ? most are gonna compare these to next gen2 decals. if they are that good, id be in for a set as a virtuapin cabinet on on my list.

#1103 5 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

No, I definitely won't sell them.
I print a couple and try to apply them on my cab. The leftovers will be sent out to my friends, if they don't care to print them themselves.
For those who do, my work is free to those who ask. I reduce to 150dpi, but they'll turn out fine nonetheless. Go ahead and ask me.
Here is the preview:
image.jpeg

Ok! Count me in!

1 week later
#1123 5 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I just returned from my friend, the printing guy. Damn. They are frigging awesome. Really, never seen so accurate colors. And I didn't do a thing, didn't even convert it to CMYK. Wow!
Have a look:
image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_3.jpeg

pm sent

1 week later
#1127 5 years ago

hoping to get some upcoming news on the next batch of 2.0...

#1132 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Anyone know the scoop on when the current batch of 2.0 kits is shipping?

i last heard that there were a few procs damaged and had to be sent back .shipping will be very soon.

1 month later
#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Mine is waiting for me at the post office.
Let the fun begin
New playfield: check
New plastics: check
New starpost set: check
New decals: check
New ramps: check
New led set from pinball bulps: check
Bop 2.0: only thing missing. Soon, I hope. Can't be long now, can it?
Thinking back and forth if I should replace the translite with cpr backglass. Tempting, but not cheap

If I had to do it over again... I'd stick with the factory translite.

#1172 5 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Why Molly? I had been considering this like Karl.

there are minor details that arent crisp such as the flag above the williams logo and the tip of her nose. over all its very nice but if theres nothing wrong with yours, save the $ and move on.

#1174 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I got around to updating from 1.13 to 1.15 over WiFi (which is amesome, btw!). I liked the changes with the skill shot, although I still wish that it would not stop moving when the ball leaves the shooter lane switch.
I went into 1.0 to see if it looked any different. I didn't notice and differences except that the audio lag seemed even worse since the last update. Maybe just my bad memory, but annoying just the same. Anyone else feel that way?

Couldn't tell ya.... Still don't have my kit

1 week later
#1182 5 years ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

Just got my kit today too. Installing it based on an old installation video that someone sent me. The computer has changed from the early design, but installation seems to be the same. Didn't see any 1.6A slow blow fuses in the kit (they ask you to replace the 1A slow blow on the main driver board) and I have never even seen a fuse that size. Also, the installation directions does not say anything about where the display power supply should be routed to, but I assume under the playfield (which would make 5 wires coming forward from the rear of the machine...the directions say 4 wires coming forward.)

when did you get a shipping notice ?

#1188 5 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

So upon starting it up for a third time, everything worked fine, besides some newfound switch issues like ball loading. Got some homework to do... Hope there is more than meets the eye.

keep us posted . hopefully ill get mine this week !

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I stupidly told them I had no service outlet in my game (it's a German reimport), so my kit is delayed because they have to send me a modified power strip.
I just ordered parts from Mouser to install a service outlet. I think I will supply my own power strip. I don't like having to splice into the existing power cords per their instructions.

same here. i didnt even think of installing a service outlet. from what ive read some guys are using a belkin powerstrip anyways.

any idea how much of a delay itll be ?

#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

No idea. I wouldn't think it could be much? I wish I could just have PBL ship my kit without the power strip, but I don't want to bug them.

posted this question on the dp forum.

1 week later
#1250 5 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

pimp my bride

IMG_4501_(resized).jpgIMG_0058_(resized).jpg

Stunning!

1 week later
#1284 5 years ago

She's alive!

image_(resized).jpeg

#1287 5 years ago

After a nite of games happy to report no shutdown or rebooting issues.

Game play is very impressive! The only thing missing is her sexy laugh and sighs.

I am however disappointed with the dmd display. I knew it was dots going in but it should be scan or high res like what Randy is doing at color dmd. Hopefully this can be a future update !

1 week later
#1314 5 years ago

What do you mean by random? Can you post a pic?

1 week later
#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

@mayuh
how's the 2.0 translite going? Just paid for my BoP, can't wait to get the cab done with new decals .. now need a 2.0 kit.

Would like to see a matching apron decal as well!

1 month later
#1409 5 years ago

Looks like DP is playing version 1.17 on the live page!

3 weeks later
#1418 5 years ago

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but, I'm no longer receiving trophies upon completion of modes. I'm selecting my profile before game play.

#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

You can't earn the same trophy twice.

That would make sense but I think it should be set up where you can still earn trophies for past achievements if playing a new game. Then have it tracked of how many times each trophy was earned.

#1426 5 years ago

This sometimes happens to me as well. I adjusted the right side of the gate to a higher angle on the rail. I have yet to tweek the pitch of the game.

#1436 5 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

I've got to do something to curb my impatience for my 2.0 kit. So I'm getting the lady ready. New PF, New Decals (Your art rocks Mayuh!), getting powder coating armor and a lot of love. I'll belong in the club soon...
IMG_4273_(resized).JPGIMG_4209_2_(resized).JPGIMG_4266_(resized).JPG

Looks great! Can't wait to get my decals installed ! I strongly suggest CPR faces as your guides look yellowed. They are now back in stock.

#1447 5 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

I wounder if Tilt pinball graphics would be intrested in printing them and some matching pinblades?

They are working on the pinblades and I believe a matching apron for 2.0

2 weeks later
#1458 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I just picked up a BOP 2.0 kit for my lovely BOP (Thanks Jetzxi). Looking forward to getting it installed.
Now that everyone has had there's for awhile, what's the verdict? Still loving it? Did the 1.0 pinmame sound ever get squared away?

Couldn't imagine not having 2.0... It's that good!

No changes in the 1.0 sound. It's mainly pinbots callouts. Doesn't bother me too much but that's probably because I've only switched back to the original a few times.

2 weeks later
#1477 5 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

Getting closer. Powdercoating came in.

who did your powercoating ?

2 weeks later
#1486 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

2 weeks ago Melissa said they were 30 days out. Another 2 weeks and we'll see .... hope they manage to stick to it, particularly after the ridiculous delays with batch #2 (not of CT's making).
She also said they were changing the speakers, after I said I thought they'd be mad to keep Flipper Fidelity as they're so expensive and the speakers' quality is not reflective of their price at all. She also said it ought to be an upgrade.

i cant imagine 2.0 sounding any better than it does now... AMAZING !

2 weeks later
#1529 5 years ago

I like the last one

Are you open to ideas for maybe some changes?

#1531 5 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Sure, go ahead! I'd like the pinbot in the corner right for instance
Be open! I can take that!

Can I suggest to bring back the space men and vehicles as in the original, move the Williams / DP logos to the bottom right, add the shuttle taking off as in your decals above that and not even having pinbot in the design.

That's just my opinion and I'm sure whatever you come up with will be awesome!

#1533 5 years ago

Gonna change my mind and say I like the 5 th one the most. Can't wait to see the final decision!

#1536 5 years ago

Pinbot looks washed out... Other than that... Looks great!

1 week later
#1549 5 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Re-adjusted a few objects to match the backbox GI and - most important the flashers. Added planet Pythonia.
I'd need LEDs for the backbox now, and a few shouldn't be installed either [left to her hand, under her knee]

any updates to report ?

#1553 5 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Here is my final design. Works great together...

stunning!

#1560 5 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Here is my final design. Works great together...

Can you post a pic of this on your bride?

3 weeks later
#1591 5 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

New code dropped today, was removed, then reposted.

#1593 5 years ago

If and when... I sure hope you can continue modes after multiball.

1 week later
#1616 5 years ago

Haven't seen any comments from beta testers on the DP forum on 1.17. Anything anyone can share? Can't wait for the release!

#1624 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarkko:

Another potential glitch that I noticed was that during the multiball I sent one ball to the bumpers and the other to the scoop. I then held both flipper buttons to get the energy bar thingie. When the first ball returned to the flippers, they both went briefly down, making me lose the ball and ending the MB. Could have been a mechanical issue (or my concentration disappearing for a split second), but quite a coincidence and I haven't seen anything similar on my Bride before. I'll see if I'm able to reproduce this - probably not I mention this only to see if anyone else has noticed anything similar.

mine does this as well with 1.16. i always just thought it was supposed to be like this.

1 week later
#1630 5 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

I am wondering the same thing..when cointaker was at replay fx, they said it would start delivering in two weeks... Lies all lies I tell you.
Why do companies even speculate.. Seems every date for things always gets pushed back for some reason or another.
I'm ready to do my playfield swap and want to install 2.0 at same time. Looks like I will just do swap then install 2.0 later..

just have patience the 2nd batch took what seemed like forever to get here and i think the 1st batch was even worse. once you get a few games under your belt... youll forget all about the downtime !

3 weeks later
#1656 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Sold my first run repro playfield and got the prototype on the last run. So beautiful

Cant believe you waited that long! I was on the first batch like you and I couldn't wait to get mine installed. Had they offered the prototype earlier, I probably would have gotten one. Nice pick up!

#1676 5 years ago

One step closer to completing my bride !

image (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1737 4 years ago

Anything special planned for the apron?

#1761 4 years ago

First and second batch were 25. Hopefully we'll be seeing 1.17 soon!

#1763 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oooh - is there a confirmed software update in the works? Awesome!

Sure is!...beta testing now. Biggest thing I like is the modes will now continue if interrupted by multiball!

1 week later
#1808 4 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

He's right! She got a face lift in the night!

Nice! Here's mine.

image (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1869 4 years ago

anyone know of any updates for the release of 1.17 ? nothing new on the DP forum.

1 month later
#1897 4 years ago

Really hope DP can work out all the bugs soon and release the official version ! No updates on the DP forum.

1 week later
#1905 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

mine still dont work, but they have been in contact and stand behind it. I just need to get it all sent back. fingers crossed

so you haven't played a single game yet??? I remember seeing your postings when batch 2 came out.

1 week later
#1934 4 years ago

Interesting... Now if DP would release 1.17!

2 weeks later
#1980 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

but I'm happy with 1.16 if that's all we ever get.

best thing of 1.17 is modes continue after multiball... i cant wait for this !!!

1 week later
#1994 4 years ago

Looks like 1.18 was released to beta testers today.

#2007 4 years ago

Just installed a played a few games of 1.18( beta). Love that modes will continue if interrupted by multiball and the scoop shot will now add time to a mode! A great game is now even better!

1 week later
#2026 4 years ago

Anyone encounter any bugs with 1.18? Haven't seen any postings on the DP forum.

2 weeks later
#2053 4 years ago

1.19 just became available today!

#2074 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Any feedback on 1.19 before I download and install? Curious and cautious.

Don't waste anymore time! It's the ritz!!!

4 weeks later
#2164 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Wishing Koen all the best...
but man....I wish he wasn't leaving us.
Want to publicly say thank you for all you have done for DP and all the work done on 2.0 and TBL. You will be missed man.

guess i havent heard the news ... so fill me in.

4 months later
#2232 4 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Asking $7500.00..Here is the link:
atlanta.craigslist.org link
Description is calling it a basically new game.

looks like that belonged to 85vett https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-or-trade-restomod-bride-of-pinbot-20-7500-obo and it's priced correctly.

#2233 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

my 2.0 is working after 2 years of frustration. thanks to some help from Eric N in cali.
I got 0 help from dutch and it ended up costing me a little over $300 to get it going.
from the beginning my set up continued to freeze up and shut down. never played a whole game once.
i send the kit to Eric to test out in his working bride. after lots of testing he came to the conclusion
that the gigabyte had fatal errors. I bought a new one from amazon with larger hard drive and more ram.
and send it to him. He managed to get software transferred over, updated and working.

Glad you finally got your kit working! Sorry to hear DP didn't step up.

1 month later
#2283 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I am selling my fully restored bop 2.0. It is listed in the classifieds here. Honest question, am I out of line asking $6950? I swapped a nice ij Williams plus cash to get this. Part of cash went to delivery and pick up of games. He lived 10 hrs away. I want to be realistic in my expectations.

You are priced correctly

#2298 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I just finished this up for a buddy of mine. I would have put chrome trim on it if it was mine.

Looks great but no CPR faces?
What did you do with the back panel crate as mine are brittle and yellowed?

1 week later
#2303 3 years ago

Would like to see these installed on a game.

image (resized).png

#2310 3 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I am thinking about selling my BOP 2.0. What would the price range on it be?
New playfield from bothamburg
New ramps
LEDs
New decals
New translite
New plastics
And so on...

pics ???

1 month later
#2335 3 years ago

My 2.0 bride will be getting phase 2 of her makeover with a new cabinet from virtuapin! Can't wait to get my hands all over her!

image (resized).png

image (resized).png

1 month later
#2341 3 years ago

My bride got some serious attention this weekend!

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#2342 3 years ago

she requested black gloss Powercoating . Now she's sexier than ever!

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2357 3 years ago

Here's something you dont see everyday... A set of nos skill shot rollers! Well ok not really :liar:I was able though to get my hands on these newly made rollers ! They didn't make it into production due to being slightly harder than the oem version. There's no difference in game play so I'm super happy to get these in my game!

image (resized).jpeg

#2358 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Here's something you dont see everyday... A set of nos skill shot rollers! Well ok not really I was able though to get my hands on these newly made rollers ! They didn't make it into production due to being slightly harder than the oem version. There's no difference in game play so I'm super happy to get these in my game!

#2360 3 years ago

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Please share when I could get a set.

These didn't get the final approval for production sorry.

#2366 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Awe crap, I'd take a set too. Where did you get that apron, from Dutch?

Got this from arcadeskin before pps put a stop to them. Glad I got it when I did !

1 month later
#2376 3 years ago

Got mine !

image (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

atlanta.craigslist.org link

I can't believe this game is still on the market. Especially at that price!If I didn't already have one, I'd be all over this!

1 month later
#2404 3 years ago

I thought he left DP ?

#2407 3 years ago

Anyone willing to part with their flipper mod from Scott danesi ? He's out of stock and might not be making anymore. Please pm to let me know!

#2409 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Don't think I've ever even seen them ...?
Link / pic?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#2414 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I did a small write up on the installation of my aux flipper board recently - http://www.enteryourinitials.com/2018/06/16/bride-of-pinbot-2-0-repair-service-log-5/
I hope Scott does make a new batch as they're an excellent addition to a BoP 2.0 machine

Agreed! His support here and on the DP BoP 2.0 forums is very much appreciated!

I saw your write up and enjoy your site!

4 weeks later
#2418 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Same here guys
I have not installed mine yet, waiting on the next code drop and to finish my gameroom, but being prepared is where I’d like to be... any help is appreciated

Your waiting for a code update from DP? I don't think this will happen or at least any time soon. I can't believe people haven't installed their kit yet!

1 week later
#2438 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiball33:

Looking to replace the trim on mine. Trying to decide between all chrome, including coin door or purple/blue trim? Here is the purple blue trim I am considering. Have the 2.0 cab decals on mine. Also considering a darker purple with metallic flake. Most I have seen have the chrome which looks real good?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

have you considered black trim?

image (resized).png
3 months later
#2466 2 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

DP is dead and all but gone. I’d love to be proven wrong, but sounds like we’ll never see snux‘s hard work come to light.

On a positive note... DP (Barry) is still there for tech support. Hope it all works out for DP and all 2.0 owners.

3 weeks later
#2471 2 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I think I have a new one that I never installed.

Pm sent

2 months later
#2482 2 years ago

Why not go with the metal protectors for the legs? Don't think those felt ones are going to do much. Besides possibly wrinkle your new decals.

1 month later
#2484 2 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

As far as backup is concerned, I did a video about how to do an image backup with Clonezilla Live. My game had crashed and a friend had taken an image backup with Linux. I got my game restored with his help to a used SSD. Then I decided I wanted a new drive and shot the Clonezilla video while I did it.
It worked perfectly and I was able to prove that the backup was usable. It is free other than needing an external hard drive.
Also, the serial number for the software is on a sticker on the top of the drive. There is an easy to find file on the hard drive that also contains it. When I applied my friend’s image to my drive, I had to change that number.
Video is here:

On that note... This is something that I've known I needed to do but was always afraid I'd botch something along the way. So I reached out to Barry at DP and he was able to send me a back up SSD ( for a fee of course ). For me it made sense to go this route and I feel it was well worth it.

#2486 2 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

How long ago did you do this? That's a great idea but probably too late for this now huh?

Not at all! I just recieved it yesterday. Contact Barry at DP. He will ask for the number off your SSD.

#2489 2 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I have secretly gone one step further with my “backup” and I bought another computer to have as a spare. I figure that all of the boards are replaceable since it’s just a WPC compatible P-ROC. The same(ish) computer might be hard to find in 10 years though. But no matter what method you take to get there, please get some sort of backup of your drive.

Where and what type of computer did you purchase?

#2495 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I am missing the CSSC out of my system as I went to install from holding for a very long time. With Barry and Jaap basically gone, does anyone know how or have one to sell so can make this 2.0 fly? Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated Cheers

Have you reached out to Barry?

#2498 2 years ago

What's everyone's opinion on having a second kit as a back up ? Are any items in the kit going to be non replaceable or non serviceable down the road?

#2501 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Anyone have Barry's email or phone #

Pm sent

1 month later
#2508 2 years ago
Quoted from dethfactor:

Just got my BoP 2.0 kit installed and I've been reading up on the issues. Does anyone know if Scott is going to do a re-run of the aux flipper boards or if he'd give out the designs to have something made? Lastly, I had LEDs in my game, not sure what kind but the lighting worked great on the standard boards but now they're very ghosty since installing the upgrade. What LEDs do you guys have in your games? or is there a setting or something I'm missing for LEDs.
Thanks for your time,
-Mike

I'm using cointaker super brights and premium frosted. No issues with mine.

As far as the flipper mod...good luck.
I contacted Scott but nothing came of it.
I was able to pick one up from another pinsider .

3 months later
#2514 2 years ago

Starship fantasy now has BOP helmets back in stock!

2 months later
#2522 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Excited to finally be apart of the club! Any tips on how to get my left flipper in the right position? Also, the lighting pattern of my helmet doesn't seem to match what I've seen in others. Is this because they are LED? Would and OCD board fix this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just loosen the mount under the playfield
And adjust the flipper.
Not sure about your lighting. I'd have to compare it to mine. You do know that the pattern is different in 2.0 compared to the original ?
Lastly , get those so called leg protectors off ASAP ! Theyll wrinkle those stunning decals !

#2527 1 year ago

These recent posts are confusing to me. 2.0 has a different helmet lighting pattern. I'm also using cointaker premium frosted and have zero ghosting.

#2540 1 year ago
Quoted from Snux:

It's an agreement between DP and Pinsound that's missing. The sound improvements are done by playing the original WMS sounds through the Pinsound studio software instead of emulating the old hardware. The BOP original orchestration on the Pinsound website has some issues / errors that we've fixed up too.
The Pinsound folks don't want their software used in a commercial application without some kind of compensation, which I can understand. They'd like access to the BOP 2.0 sound assets to make a revamped 1.0 soundtrack. DP don't want to give that up, which I also understand given that improving BOP 1.0 on their platform is *real* low on their priority list right now.
So for now unfortunately it just sits with me and one beta tester. I know it could just get "accidentally" released but I'm not into that. I want it to be a properly supported release that both sides are OK with

I'm guessing this would never happen. We'd understand and forgive you if you had a accident!

1 week later
#2551 1 year ago
Quoted from Snux:

OK, email sent to Barry. Let's see if this goes anywhere!

This is in regards to the sound emulation?

2 months later
#2576 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Ok so the weirdness is back. Did an exhaustive test of all switches and reseated cables to no success. Does anyone know how I can get a replacement cpu?

Have you reached out to koen?

#2578 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Do you see switch issues in both 2.0 and original modes?

I believe the video stated just in 2.0

#2581 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

After another round of switch tests, the game is back to normal. This is the constant back and forth, I think my bride is torturing me.

Interesting

1 week later
#2583 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Any one looking for a full set of 2.0 decals?

Pm sent

1 month later
#2592 1 year ago

Got myself covered with a spare pc and ssd.
image (resized).jpeg

#2597 1 year ago
Quoted from waynestatemac:

Those ADATA drives are notoriously bad. I've had two of those go bad within months of each other in a computer and laptop. I vowed never to buy one of those things again! There not high quality at all and if you look at the Amazon reviews there is a bunch of them failing. I have a few older Samsung SSDs in my main computer at the house and they seem to run very well.

That's reassuring! Didn't know that . I'll have to look into it.

4 weeks later
#2608 1 year ago

image (resized).jpeg
#2610 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Are they still making and selling 2.0 kits?

No. Cointaker sold the last kit not too long ago. There are no plans from DP to make anymore at this time from what I was told.

#2618 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Success!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice ! I say this everytime I see them...
Get those leg protectors off ASAP or say hello to wrinkled decals!

#2620 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’ve never had wrinkled decals from leg protectors. I guess i could get the metal one but all my pins from that era have leg protectors and I haven’t had issues

Forget what era the game is from. Those are newer decals. Get the metal stand offs. Your bride will be happy you did !

#2624 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

He is right on new cab art.
I took them off tonight and it was starting to wrinkle them. I couldn’t believe it. I pushed them down as much as I could but shouldn’t of put them on.
Wish I wouldn’t of put them on

There still may be hope. When you install the metal stand offs, you can cut around the metal and remove the decal so it's now on the bare wood. The newer sterns come this away.

#2628 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

When you guys shut your bop 2.0 off do you turn off the power strip in the inside as well?

I assume your asking because your computer stays on after shut off ? My bride is wired slightly differently so when i shut her down, everything goes off . However the service port is dead with the game off. I've some times wondered how others are as you should have power to the port at all times . Not sure if there's a computer setting for this or not.

#2631 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, that is why I am asking. My port stays on so the amp and the other stuff is on when I shut it off with just the cab switch. Not sure if that’s a big deal the other stuff stays on.
Also, I have to switch versions to be able to get the option to play 2.0 or the original. It doesn’t ask me everytime I turn it on. It always goes straight to 2.0 which is fine but it would be cool if that game selection screen would pop up. Is it supposed to pop up?

I didn't like that the kit stays on after shutting off the game. Again not sure if there's a computer setting for this. Maybe someone else can let us know.
There's no pop up for game selection. I've only played the original a hand full of times since getting the kit. I'm guessing you know how to switch back and forth ?

#2633 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, I have to go and switch version to 1.16 if on 1.19. Then I get the option to select which game with my flipper. After i play original I shut it off And it goes back to 2.0 next time I turn it on. I switch versions back to 1.19 and it gives me the option again to choose original or 2.0. It’s the only way I know how to do it and the previous owner

If I remember correctly, you can hold both flippers at the same time to select versions. No need to switch codes.

#2635 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesder:

To get to the game select screen, you hold the start button in for a few seconds. You will see a loading (confirmation) bar appear and once complete, the game select screen will appear. You do the same to go from 1.0 back to 2.0, which will let you switch between both games without having to reset. The only difference is a ball will be put into the shooter lane before the game select screen appears when going from 1.0 to the loading screen.
If you want your 1.0 scores and audits to stay, I found you will need to switch back to 2.0 before shutting the machine down.
From memory, if you shut your machine down while running 1.0, you will be asked at start up which game mode you want. If you shut down while running 2.0, it will boot in to that automatically next time.

Thanks for clarifying . It's been sometime since I've done that.
Speaking of sometime...when will we see some updates on your site?

1 month later
#2650 1 year ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

here you can hear the soundmodifications i did to the BOP

Not bad. Except for multiball and 250k .
I like your shooter lane cover!

#2652 1 year ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Thank you for the Cover
And thank you for your Feedback...
What you didn't Like about the 250k?
This was the first try I have to replace some Files and have to pay more attention to the Transitions

I just like the original music better. This one seems slow to me for this mode.
When this all started I had mentioned the released backround music on start of game play seemed lame compared to the early released video from DP. Over time I've liked it better. Maybe you can use this track somewhere ? I've been told from a good source that this track still remains in the programming that can be accessed .

8 months later
#2672 7 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

snux
I sent you a DM, looks like DP / Barry is ready to jump in.

What can you tell us?

#2674 7 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Good news for everyone that is looking for a kit, DP is creating a new batch of kits., Barry said that now would be the time to implement any fixes to the software that need to be done. He just needs those that have the fix to get in touch with him to start moving forward.

When you say the fix, do you mean the sound on 1.0?

1 week later
#2679 7 months ago
Quoted from Snux:

Cross your fingers and watch this space some more, there is some movement in the 1.0 sound improvements / bug fixes being made available........ Hopefully more news soon.

Haven't reached out to Barry myself but can you find out if they can add call outs in a attract mode?

#2683 7 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

If they release new kits with new hardware and programming, I'm sure there is an instamarket for mini-kits for the 100 or so of use that have the original kits. And I'm guessing it won't be that hard to sell another 50 new kits at 2K a pop after it's been off market for so many years. I've been surprised all along Dutch hasn't made more, I know they've been focused on getting Big Lebowski up and running again, but there is $ to be made off Bride 2.0 kits to help in that effort.

I was thinking this was going to be a code update for existing users. Not a whole new or add on kit.

1 month later
#2693 5 months ago
Quoted from Snux:

I just heard that DP and Pinsound have come to an agreement which permits the improved sound package for 1.0 (and a few other 1.0 fixes) to be released. DP are going to be building another batch of 2.0 kits, so this is great timing! I'm not sure yet about timing for updates on existing machines as that will need some testing, but we'll be working with DP to get that sorted out.

I hope this will be a easy upgrade for existing 2.0 owners. Even though I never play the original version .

2 months later
#2695 3 months ago
Quoted from Snux:

I just heard that DP and Pinsound have come to an agreement which permits the improved sound package for 1.0 (and a few other 1.0 fixes) to be released. DP are going to be building another batch of 2.0 kits, so this is great timing! I'm not sure yet about timing for updates on existing machines as that will need some testing, but we'll be working with DP to get that sorted out.

Any updates to report?

#2698 3 months ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

We need alpha testers for this update somewhere in the coming weeks.
Please apply if you have some time and are comfortable to hook up mouse and keyboard in the case the update needs to be reverted. Send me a PM with your email address to apply, thank you.

So is it safe to say this will be a simple software update?

1 month later
#2707 52 days ago

Any progress on the update?

image (resized).jpeg
#2710 51 days ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I signed up to test the new software over a month ago and never heard back.

Oh come on!

#2712 50 days ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Hi guys,
Two factors in this delay:
1) I had no BOP2.0 to test with, but 5 weeks ago one was finished at DP HQ.
2) I then found a bug in the PinMAME update (the helmet lights being inverted). Snux wanted to fix this but his PinMAME development laptop broke down (somewhere before the PinSound agreement was done) and setting up this environment is a hassle. But he wanted to try and do that, so that's what we are waiting for at the moment.
Sorry about not replying to those who reached out to beta test, I was hoping the delay wouldn't be this long.
- Koen

Thanks for the info !

1 month later
#2714 9 days ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Are there going to be any big improvements in the new 2.0 batch? It sounds like a patch is underway for old batches to correct a couple issues

Doubtful . Sound improvements to the orignal version from what I understand .
Reached out to Keon to see if he could add some attract mode sounds. Let's see what happens.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside