Topic Stats

• 2,479 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by floyd1977
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 347 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

acronis2 (resized).JPG
P_20181012_180256 (resized).jpg
P_20181012_180247 (resized).jpg
6340d7788c2bb027ebd3c9635a2f8578c2e195a8 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
IMG_20180817_222456993 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180820-091016 (resized).png
Screenshot_20180820-091010 (resized).png
Screenshot_20180820-090526 (resized).png
Screenshot_20180820-090516 (resized).png
20180815_061552[1] (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
image (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
Bop Space Container II sm (resized).jpg
3_Side installed (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1756 Product info Posted by rubberducks (2 years ago)

Post #1758 Availability update Posted by Fourbyracer (2 years ago)

Post #1788 Key workaround info Posted by awarner (2 years ago)

Post #1859 How to backup your ssd drive for BOP 2.0 Posted by awarner (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2050 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

These are good tips, I have had similar problems with other games that I've upgraded with Pinball Pro speakers. What "rattle tape" are you using?

Don't waste your money on special tape. Just center a strip of electrical tape on the edge of the glass. Fold it over both sides. Problem solved.

6 months later
#2294 1 year ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

From your ad:
$2000-base game
$2000-Bop 2.0 package with color dmd.
$500-new Bop 2.0 decals and translite
$100-new rails
$300-new ramps
$1000-brand new playfield
(included with 2.0 kit) -flipper fidelity speakers and amp
$15-new shooter rod assembly
-lit flipper button
-comet leds throughout
-the good pop bumper led rings from pinball life
-new legs
-new colored posts and purple silicone rubbers
-custom bop apron magnet
$50 -new upper playfield
-helmet super nice original
$100-new faces
I'm guessing around $6k in parts. Labor costs really depends. Some people like doing it, some people don't. Not sure how to charge for it unless it was done by one of the big names in restorations, but let's say $1k. You are the second owner, it has been enjoyed, etc. Say it has 500 plays since being redone. At $1 per game, take $500 off.
$7k seems high, $6500 seems more reasonable.

BoP is a really fun game, but it's basically a system 11 in terms of play, not boardset. It's a 1500 game, play-wise, and can be had for half that in working order if you are patient. If your look here yeah you'll overpay for the base, it's what people do here. 2.0 kit runs better part of 2k. Expect $1500 returned on that cost. Alternate cab and translight are with nothing and cost money to replace. You did that because you like it, that don't mean anyone else will pay extra for it. New shooter, nothing. New pf has value but it's used now too, $700 to start but unless the old one is coming too it's not $700 more in game value. Just because you put not into a game thank it's worth did not make it worth that much. A 2.0 is worth about 3-3.5k. I wouldn't sell mine for that, but that does not make it worth what I'd need to get to take it from me. Just adding the parts cost is unrealistic. Putting a 50k kitchen in a run down house does not make the house worth that much more. There is an intrinsic value of things that people here don't like to pay attention to when pricing things. Will someone pay 7k, sure it will take time but you can always find a sucker if you get lucky and are patient.

#2297 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I just finished this up for a buddy of mine. I would have put chrome trim on it if it was mine.

I'm not a fan of the changes that were done, but as always the work you do is absolutely fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate to have you do a game of mine if I was needing one done.

9 months later
#2419 6 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Same here guys
I have not installed mine yet, waiting on the next code drop and to finish my gameroom, but being prepared is where I’d like to be... any help is appreciated

good luck on that wait.

#2421 6 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thanks! I’ll take good luck
I have 2 problems... one, I’m building a gameroom by myself, its taken all of my time and focus, I don’t have space to pull my bop and install the kit, I also have a new playfield, so I need to wait to do it all.
Two; I love 1.0, it’s got lag in the switches on the 2.0 software, going to get real annoying pretty fast
Some day soon I’ll get on the project

code update is unlikely to fix the lag, and the lag seem more on the audio trigger than the switch hit itself. get your room done, and install the kit don't wait on code. its fantastic as is. BoP is a really fun game, 2.0 blows it out of the water.

#2423 6 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Honestly, I used to play 1.0 a lot more than I play 2.0/emulated 1.0 now. BoP was originally on my "I can't see selling this" list. Now that I have 2.0, it's frankly on the short list of potential games out the door. For me, whatever 2.0 gained in modes and rule depth, it lost in personality, and I just haven't ever enjoyed the emulated 1.0 as much as the original I had before the conversion. Oh well, likely funds for something new I guess.

Then put your boards back in and sell the kit, keep BoP, fun game.

1 week later
#2440 5 months ago

have you considered the original excellent art and stainless so that the game stands out in a lineup rather than being a boring black base cab?

#2442 5 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Looks like the 2.0 art package is already on...
what about pink, or white for the trim, or a really great blue, blue would be great, none's done it yet that I know of, maybe that electric blue thats on the art under the brides feet?

I know the ugly updated package is on it. He could fix it is the point.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 50.00
$ 28.00
£ 79.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
3,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Boards
PinSound
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside