IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1756 Product info Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #1758 Availability update Posted by Fourbyracer (7 years ago)

Post #1788 Key workaround info Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #1859 How to backup your ssd drive for BOP 2.0 Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #2104 Betabrite installation notes Posted by mgpasman (7 years ago)

Post #2776 1.21 software update (improved 1.0 support) Posted by KoenHeltzel (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maplesyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#172 9 years ago

Just received my bride yesterday! Looking forward to the 2.0 arrival. Quick question... Does this game not have a ball save feature at all?? I couldn't find anything in the menus. I saw "Bonus Flips", but I'm not sure what that is?! Anybody? It's pretty simple to nudge, so I don't mind no ball save, but it's always nice for kids and newbies.

#175 9 years ago

Thanks for the info.

This is my first machine from this era. Here's a question. As I noticed a single lamp was out, I lifted the playfield to replace it... and realized that the entire playfield mech was unfamiliar to me. Before I screw anything up here, does it simply pivot up, and rest against the head? It didn't seem to want to pull forward at all. Is there a latch system, or something I should acquaint myself with??

I just held the playfield on a 45 degree angle with one hand while replacing the lamp with my other hand! I didn't want to mess anything up.

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Yeah it just rotates up past 90. Make sure you remove the balls before you go up that high.
There is a hold bar on the right side of the cabinet. It goes to a hole halfway up the playfield. It works in a pinch but I am uncomfortable with it's small contact area and the flex it puts on the playfield.
Generally the first time you put it all the way up make sure it's not going to touch your glass. If it touches throw a towel over the end.

Thanks for that info. Super helpful.

5 months later
#766 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Had BOP 2.0 in an IFPA event last weekend.
51 person tournament, double elimination Swiss style
Huge hit at the party.
A Canadian destroyed my GC...

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Was that score on current code??! Yikes. I think 62 is my best.

#778 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Speaking of being on the list. Anyone know how close the next batch of modes is to release? That's what I'm looking forward to the most.

Do you know what the next batch of modes are supposed to be??

#798 9 years ago

I've had no issues with either multiball, although multiball 2 is very tough to reach. I've got it set on the default of 5 jackpots during MB1 to qualify MB2.

I've made it to MB2 a few times, though it's a tough one to qualify comparatively. It takes 3 timed combo shots of the heartbeat, and shuttle ramp. It's very satisfying, and the animations that accompany it are really amazing.

Hats off to DP for what they've done and continue to do with this title. People have balked about the price of the kit to me privately. They say, "you've put more than a BoP should be worth in to modding a BoP?!?", or something similar. Nope, I've added another game entirely to my lineup. It's now 2 machines in one, and both get played here. The DMD work is stunning. The sounds on BoP2.0 are incredible. It's a VERY impressive package.

In my opinion, what DP has done with the DMD should be direction all the manufacturers should take. Its incredibly impressive, and likely way easier to program than a giant LCD.

#802 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

+ 1000. I just don't understand that argument anymore. I started paying more attention to the money I put into games and I'm spending $500-$1000 in mods to make a game look better and sound better. In the end it's still the same game. Why not spend just a tad more and make your 1 game 2 as well as make it look better and sound better.
Looking forward to the official release.
P.s.- how do I sync my game to online? I've played several games and I don't see them online. Wondering if I have to sync my router but not sure how.

You need to connect the mini PC in the backbox to the Internet. I used the wifi connection. There are instructions on the DP support page. You'll need to boot the machine in to windows to configure it.

It's pretty simple as long as you're a little PC savvy. The only hassle is that it's tough to see the info on the screen, as it defaults to a full screen view, and much of the info you need would be covered by the speaker panel. I actually unscrewed my display from the speaker panel temporarily to set this up.

#809 9 years ago

I'm not sure about the answer to Your question, in general, but I switched my helmet lights back to incandescent. I don't think it made a difference. The lights are still sort of flickering and strobey... I think it's just how they're programmed. The LEDs were exhibiting the same behaviour, it's just more annoying when the lights are that much brighter.

3 weeks later
#899 8 years ago

I had the beta code, but my machine has locked up trying to install the new code. Anybody else having issues?? Any suggestions on how to fix my problem?!

#900 8 years ago

I have managed to boot the machine in Windows, and I've deleted the 1.11 file. Attempting a reinstall now. I'll let you know if it works.

#901 8 years ago

i have the screen removed to make working in Windows easier

image.jpgimage.jpg

Yes. Looking good.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Yes, fine. And then...

It just stays on this screen after saying "Starting Version 1.11"

image.jpgimage.jpg

Anybody else having this issue?!!

#902 8 years ago

Hmmm. I've now removed the 1.11 version. But machine will not boot up without using a keyboard to enter Windows and run the specific game file.

#903 8 years ago

Re downloaded the 1.11 file. Tried reinstall. No joy.

I can get the machine to boot in the old code, but only using the keyboard and mouse to navigate to it in Windows. It will no longer auto run.

#906 8 years ago

Thanks Koen. I'll try the new update ASAP. That was a VERY speedy fix!!

#907 8 years ago

All sorted now, thanks to Koen. It required inserting a small pause in to the start up procedure of the PC. I guess the PC was starting up before the proc had a chance to come online. Working great now.

#911 8 years ago

If I could make a suggestion for an upcoming code update. My Bop has this really interesting mechanical head with differnt faces on it. They simulate some sort of transformation... A metamorphosis,if you will. It would be really cool to work that in to an upcoming code update of some sort!!

2 weeks later
#921 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i agree. one of the best parts of this game is the metamorphosis of the bride. if that is only available as a final wizard mode then i think i am out. i do not know if i can reach said wizard mode or not, but i know that i can shoot the ramp over and over again.
i like what i am seeing, but the moving head is one of the biggest and best toys in pinball (imho)

Yes, as has been said, you may be looking at this the wrong way. The original game is still there to be played at your leisure. If you like the simple rule set of the original, hold the start button, and select Williams BoP. If you want 2.0, hold the start button and select DP 2.0.

It's not just a slick reskinning of the original code... It's a WHOLE NEW GAME! The rules are different. The other shots are used for much more interesting modes. There are different Multiballs now which ramp up in difficulty.

I have no idea how DP intends to implement the metamorphosis eventually, but I LOVE where they're going thus far. Having it be a final wizard mode would be awesome.

Right now, multiball one is about loading a shuttle, and getting it off world. During that multiball you must complete 5 jackpots. If you do, you enable MB 2.

Multiball 2 is about loading the balls you transported in your shuttle up to the BoP. You do that by making combo shots. It's pretty tough to do, but very satisfying when you pull it off.

I have nothing but great things to say about this kit. Yes, it's pricey, but it really is like adding a whole second game to your collection in the space of one! I wish there were more kits like this for older classics that are, despite being awesome for what they are, ultimately shallow for repeated play. I love my BoP 2.0!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maplesyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only?tu=maplesyrup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.