fullsizeoutput_5282 (resized).jpeg
231E1676-14F3-40FE-9F90-3403AC7C986F (resized).png
IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
bop_cabinet_complete_7 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1756 Product info Posted by rubberducks (4 years ago)

Post #1758 Availability update Posted by Fourbyracer (4 years ago)

Post #1788 Key workaround info Posted by awarner (4 years ago)

Post #1859 How to backup your ssd drive for BOP 2.0 Posted by awarner (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2609 1 year ago

Are they still making and selling 2.0 kits?

#2611 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

No. Cointaker sold the last kit not too long ago. There are no plans from DP to make anymore at this time from what I was told.

Thanks! Any idea how many were made/sold?

#2612 1 year ago

I found a 2.0 kit in an existing bop. I would like to put it in my bop and return the other one to an original bop. Basically swap them. Is that going to be a major challenge? I’m pretty handy but not sure what all goes into it

#2616 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Should be easy. I think mine took less than an hour to install and I was moving pretty slowly.

Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm pretty sure there are 100 in existence and not all of those have been installed. 2 batches of 25 bought directly from Dutch Pinball, then the 3rd/final batch sold by Cointaker was 50.

Thanks!

I’m glad I found this one yesterday so I can put It into mine. I’m going to do the swap today.

#2617 1 year ago

Success!

2C09922A-1FDF-403E-939B-3BC65AEEE784 (resized).jpeg4B62A3F2-9288-49C9-B52B-64D424AA8DA7 (resized).jpeg
#2619 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Nice ! I say this everytime I see them...
Get those leg protectors off ASAP or say hello to wrinkled decals!

I’ve never had wrinkled decals from leg protectors. I guess i could get the metal one but all my pins from that era have leg protectors and I haven’t had issues

#2621 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Forget what era the game is from. Those are newer decals. Get the metal stand offs. Your bride will be happy you did !

Ok, I’ll order some

#2623 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Huh, I've never had that problem. I'm usually using them to cover up wrinkled decals on '90s Williams games to make it look clean and sharp again.

He is right on new cab art.
I took them off tonight and it was starting to wrinkle them. I couldn’t believe it. I pushed them down as much as I could but shouldn’t of put them on.
Wish I wouldn’t of put them on

#2625 1 year ago

When you guys shut your bop 2.0 off do you turn off the power strip in the inside as well?

#2629 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I assume your asking because your computer stays on after shut off ? My bride is wired slightly differently so when i shut her down, everything goes off . However the service port is dead with the game off. I've some times wondered how others are as you should have power to the port at all times . Not sure if there's a computer setting for this or not.

Yeah, that is why I am asking. My port stays on so the amp and the other stuff is on when I shut it off with just the cab switch. Not sure if that’s a big deal the other stuff stays on.

Also, I have to switch versions to be able to get the option to play 2.0 or the original. It doesn’t ask me everytime I turn it on. It always goes straight to 2.0 which is fine but it would be cool if that game selection screen would pop up. Is it supposed to pop up?

#2632 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I didn't like that the kit stays on after shutting off the game. Again not sure if there's a computer setting for this. Maybe someone else can let us know.
There's no pop up for game selection. I've only played the original a hand full of times since getting the kit. I'm guessing you know how to switch back and forth ?

Yeah, I have to go and switch version to 1.16 if on 1.19. Then I get the option to select which game with my flipper. After i play original I shut it off And it goes back to 2.0 next time I turn it on. I switch versions back to 1.19 and it gives me the option again to choose original or 2.0. It’s the only way I know how to do it and the previous owner

#2636 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesder:

To get to the game select screen, you hold the start button in for a few seconds. You will see a loading (confirmation) bar appear and once complete, the game select screen will appear. You do the same to go from 1.0 back to 2.0, which will let you switch between both games without having to reset. The only difference is a ball will be put into the shooter lane before the game select screen appears when going from 1.0 to the loading screen.
If you want your 1.0 scores and audits to stay, I found you will need to switch back to 2.0 before shutting the machine down.
From memory, if you shut your machine down while running 1.0, you will be asked at start up which game mode you want. If you shut down while running 2.0, it will boot in to that automatically next time.

That worked, thanks!

1 month later
#2655 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Just saw an amazing BOP 2.0 that Top Score built. Kinda missed the boat on this a few years back a I wasn't 100% sold.
Now I am kind of regretting not picking one up now. From a long-term standpoint perhaps it was a good decision but
you always want what you do not have.

I love our 2.0, no regrets here. Fun to be able to play updated code and the original.

#2657 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I haven't played the original game since upgrading many years ago. Which is kinda crazy, but I guess that's how much I like 2.0

2.0 is a blast.

I usually show people 1.0 when they never have played BOP so they can see the original and Appreciate the 2.0 code

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside