IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png
EFDACD6A-A27D-49B1-99F1-A94B7086313E (resized).jpeg
bop_2_rules (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1756 Product info Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #1758 Availability update Posted by Fourbyracer (7 years ago)

Post #1788 Key workaround info Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #1859 How to backup your ssd drive for BOP 2.0 Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #2104 Betabrite installation notes Posted by mgpasman (7 years ago)

Post #2776 1.21 software update (improved 1.0 support) Posted by KoenHeltzel (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dethfactor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2507 4 years ago

Just got my BoP 2.0 kit installed and I've been reading up on the issues. Does anyone know if Scott is going to do a re-run of the aux flipper boards or if he'd give out the designs to have something made? Lastly, I had LEDs in my game, not sure what kind but the lighting worked great on the standard boards but now they're very ghosty since installing the upgrade. What LEDs do you guys have in your games? or is there a setting or something I'm missing for LEDs.

Thanks for your time,
-Mike

2 years later
#2951 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey everyone!
Just to give everyone an update on the flipper mod kits. I actually open sourced the files for people to make their own boards. dethfactor looks to be running these things now and making full kits for people and should be done soon. Hopefully I have his pinside name right.
Well anyway, here is a link to all the files you will need to make these things. The zip file contains the Gerber files, BOM, and STL files for the 3D printed brackets.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Z7YGvi_VT6TUlqa2RTN3JBcTA/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-TZBXbVw_jh4MsjHSPRrsLA
Enjoy!
--Scott Danesi

Thanks Scott! You got me correct! I just received the boards this weekend and I will be putting together some kits. Waiting for the rest of the parts to come in (didn't have the right diodes) Anyone interested PM me. I'd be willing to sell the PCBs for $5 shipped in the CONUS as is if you wanted to source/build it out yourself, else once I get a kit together I'll figure out what the total would be once I 3d print the switch bits and whatnot and figure out my costs for build time.
Big thanks to Scott for not only creating the mod but also making it public so goons like me can still make it.
6006AF2F-69A7-4D61-B42F-70DF84BF2D01 (resized).jpeg6006AF2F-69A7-4D61-B42F-70DF84BF2D01 (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#2964 1 year ago
Quoted from dethfactor:

Thanks Scott! You got me correct! I just received the boards this weekend and I will be putting together some kits. Waiting for the rest of the parts to come in (didn't have the right diodes) Anyone interested PM me. I'd be willing to sell the PCBs for $5 shipped in the CONUS as is if you wanted to source/build it out yourself, else once I get a kit together I'll figure out what the total would be once I 3d print the switch bits and whatnot and figure out my costs for build time.
Big thanks to Scott for not only creating the mod but also making it public so goons like me can still make it.
[quoted image]

So I bought enough to make roughly 5 full kits not including the one I made for myself. Which I have confirmed it works. 2 sets of parts have been spoken for as of now so that leaves 3 full kits. I'm offering these up as a completely assembled kit, a DIY kit or I'd be willing to sell the boards separate and/or individual parts depending on what you're looking for. I also have spare boards in case you just want the boards on top of the 5 full kits.

1 year later
#3083 6 months ago

So the worst possible thing happened tonight, I went to investigate why my BoP 2.0 was having such a hard time booting up. I had recently replaced the battery but it wouldn't boot and I'd often have to manually boot it. Needless to say when I pulled the glass and opened the headbox one of the power button leads from the PC fell out of the screw terminals and fell onto one of the fuse holders below and killed my PC. Does anyone have a source/recommendation for spares or even a modern replacement? I had the Gigabyte model.

#3085 6 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Did you try Amazon?

It’s a ~10 year old machine, Amazon and other computer/electronics retailers don’t have anything that old that would be a drop in replacement as far as my knowledge.

#3087 6 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Lol! Did you look? Google it then and find one. That’s what I did when I picked up a spare not too long ago. Best of luck !

Uhhh. Yes. I tried that. I wouldn’tve posted here had that worked. I searched for the model, what did you search for?

#3089 6 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Surprised then if it didn’t come up. I don’t remember exactly what I searched under. Maybe you can try DP directly and see if they can help. I think you may need another ssd card / image if you didn’t back up your existing.

I pulled my hdd and it worked luckily. I was able to pull an image and mirrored it and put it on a cheap new 128gb ssd drive. I also managed to find a lot of stripped machines on fleabay. I’m probably going to try to cobble together 2 working machines and then test and offer the rest up here if anyone wants spares for a backup machine. Should get them by the end of the week.

#3092 6 months ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I get backglass lights and operational flippers, the audio cues that the pc is on…

Quoted from dscapo:

Does anyone else have issues where their machine won’t start when it’s been powered down for awhile?
I get backglass lights and operational flippers, the audio cues that the pc is on…
That’s about all she wants to do.
No display, cannot start a game

Have you tried hooking up a different monitor to confirm the display is working?

When you say "audio cues" I assume amp pops/hums but just confirming.

#3094 6 months ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I don’t have another monitor to check it.
It just kind of resolved itself by slowly working better until I had display all the time. I was turning the machine on almost daily without issue. Haven’t played it in months and it’s back to forgetting how to work correctly.
I don’t understand how/why it does that.
Wondering if other owners experienced the same.

That's odd, it really does kinda sound like a display issue. Like the inverter/backlight is failing and has a short in it and after a bit it warms up it kicks in.
So when it's black/going on and off, can you take a flashlight and shine it on an angle and see anything on the screen? Or does the screen just have the "No Signal" box on it?

#3097 6 months ago
Quoted from dscapo:

It turns white actually.
White with lines, flickering blocks.
I’ll take a photo.
It seems to be cued almost to game play.
It will start normal but turn white when a ball is launched and in play etc.
Be normal again for the next ball or after a drain.

It really does sound like it could be a display/panel issue. The only way to rule that out would be hooking up another monitor/tv with an hdmi input. If you don’t have one either ask around to borrow one or run to a goodwill/Salvation Army / resale shop and get a cheap one or a Best Buy and buy one and return it if you don’t need it otherwise.

#3098 6 months ago

Was able to build a new working one with the parts / mirrored hdd. Trying to get the WiFi sorted out though. Ended up buying and adding the remote battery holder that was mentioned externally and running a smaller gauge lead line in so I can change the battery/turn it off for a bios reset without fighting with the bios post screen. Soldered it to the original holder and works great.

IMG_1599 (resized).jpegIMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3099 6 months ago

So I was able to finally test / weed out my fleaBay pile of barebones systems and I figured I'd offer them up here to see if anyone was interested. These are tested and I was able to boot to windows / fire up the BoP 2.0 software on them.

These do not come come with RAM, nor a hard drive / cable nor a case bottom. They're mostly clean but the cases are a little dirty / scuffed. Also, the relay leads for the power button would have to be installed. But these are a drop in for the original BoP 2.0 PC with those items. I also pulled all the CMOS batteries as these were problematic and I had to monkey through a boot loop to finally get Windows to boot. I had 6 of these and I was able to get 5 of them running. I'm using 1 and keeping a spare so I have 3 for sale.
IMG_1705 (resized).jpegIMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
Two of them have CPU fan failures on post. The fans are BSB05505HP-SM - They're like $5-10 or if you're feeling frisky you can disable the boot warning in the CMOS.

I'm selling these AS IS but I can help if you need. I also have some spare battery holders too so if you like the idea of having the battery remote and aren't handy enough to do it, we can probably work something out. Same goes for soldering the power leads to the switch. Or if you need a ssd with the image on it setup for your key, etc. Looking to get around $45-50 + shipping for one mobo + case + wifi - depending on if you want the good fan or not. You can always swap the fan on your original one down the road if it comes to it. PM me if interested or have questions.

IMG_1681 (resized).jpegIMG_1681 (resized).jpegIMG_1682 (resized).jpegIMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#3129 3 months ago
Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

Where are you guys getting your flipper 2.0 mod kit from? Doesn't look like it's on scotts website anymore.

I have bare PCBs for sale for the mod for $5 + shipping. You'd need to source your own parts as I sold out of my stock, PM me if interested.

#3130 3 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Found the problem. I’ll have to reach out to Scott and see if he has any extra parts laying around.

I think I have a few spare printed leaf switch mounts. Let me know if you still need them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 40.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dethfactor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only?tu=dethfactor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.