fullsizeoutput_5282 (resized).jpeg
231E1676-14F3-40FE-9F90-3403AC7C986F (resized).png
IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
bop_cabinet_complete_7 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1756 Product info Posted by rubberducks (4 years ago)

Post #1758 Availability update Posted by Fourbyracer (4 years ago)

Post #1788 Key workaround info Posted by awarner (4 years ago)

Post #1859 How to backup your ssd drive for BOP 2.0 Posted by awarner (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#154 6 years ago

I've come to interpret DP deadlines as a rough gauge of the current status, not an expectation that anything will happen by that date. Way too many missed deadlines for me to continue getting my hopes up. I'm really excited about getting this, I just hope the game doesn't provide the same over-promise/under-deliver feeling that the rest of this process has resulted in.

1 week later
#159 6 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Another week past, another missed deadline, with no communication.....

There is no way I would ever buy anything from them again. I was one of their biggest fans when this whole thing started.

They have had my money for almost a year interest free and used it to get TBL off the ground.

If you look at the timeline. They came back from Expo last year, got their 50 pre-orders and the next week announced that they had bought the rights to TBL and pretty much stopped working on BoP 2.0 for the last year. But somehow they were able to get some prototype TBL's to Expo. I know they said that they had some licensing issues that held things up, but I would have concerns for a company that is taking money from customers before they have all the licenses.

I'm really frustrated how BoP 2.0 has become the step-child and frankly gets treated more like an annoyance by DP than anything. It is plainly obvious they would rather be dealing with TBL right now. What will be interesting for the TBL buyers, is whether they will become the step children when their machine gets delayed and DP is busy pumping whatever their second machine will be around expo next year.

This has really exposed that they don't seem to care about how they treat their customers and says a lot about their business practices. I understand that there were unforeseen delays, but they didn't need to keep putting out bogus dates and they certainly could have made a point to communicate with the people that fronted them money. Pretty insulting way to run a business.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

As a person that bought a BBB "Back in the day", I can tell you that people just reach a breaking point with a long wait like this. I do feel that DP needs to communicate better about where they are. If we were told by them that they are packing boxes in IL and The Netherlands, we would be a lot happier. I really wish they would communicate with us better. Being told to wait, is a lot better than all of the speculation that happens when you get people on a forum talking about it.

I was one of those people too. I actually didn't get worked up at all during that process. I have more of a stomach for these things than others apparently.

The analogy here would have been if Gene was showing and promoting Kingpin while ignoring the BBB buyers.

2 months later
#320 6 years ago

No shipping notice here either...

But guess what the FedEx guy just dropped off. Surprised to say the least!

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

No shipping notice here either...

But guess what the FedEx guy just dropped off. Surprised to say the least!

Doesn't appear to have any installation instructions included and I didn't see anything on their site. Anyone who has the kit get instructions or know where I go to determine how to install this stuff?

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

OK, serious question now.

These were said to have been shipped out on Monday. I haven't received a notice of shipment nor was I asked where it needed to be shipped to. Who should I speak with to make sure my order was shipped and to the correct address? Is that Terry, Scott, Barry, etc?

Probably worth checking, but mine showed up yesterday and I never received any shipping notice.

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from Postmortem:

I don't think anyone wants to change the music to something custom. people want to make the music like it was in the 2013 video (they used a certain multiball track as the main music instead)

Totally agree. The current music is so dreary. I really liked the old music and would gladly swap to the old version if we can.

I also hope 1.0 can be fixed. The music quality is horrible and everything seemed laggy. In the current condition I have no desire to play 1.0, and originally I would have had a harder decision buying the kit if it sacrificed 1.0.

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

you are right Koen
BOP 1.0 is not DP
but th complete package is called
BOP 1.0 & BOP 2.0
and 1.0 should send the same quality at the original
i hope they can fix it or can try that a pinmame developer may be can advance the sound quality

Have to agree here. There were no caveats given as to the performance of 1.0 when we bought in. I still love 1.0, especially since 2.0 has not really sustained the ambiance of the original. I'm hoping the finished 2.0 game will be awesome, but the vibe is so different that 1.0 really still needs to work as originally advertised.

2 years later
#1943 4 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Try a lower number upgrade first. I think there was a a major upgrade you need to go to first then you can upgrade to current from there.

Thanks, I actually figured it out. I found an old post on DP's site that said you needed to have the USB connected before the game powered up for version 1.09 and older, which I had. This solved the issue and I'm currently up to date.

#1944 4 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Is anyone interested in a tutorial/PDF/instructions kinda thing on how to add a Lightshow (backboard) and shaker Arduino based mod to BoP2.0? If so, I will document my build and share it here. Costs for parts is around $120 (ymmv, depending what you already have around and what sources you have).
Goals are:
LEDs ws2812b, fading blue to violet and back, plus some light show depending where the ball hits switches (just like Rudy following the ball), shakermotor driven by the flashers and head motor.
Should be easy to build... and if I can do it, everyone can

How would this compare to the Pinduino out there for BoP? I have been debating on that setup. I like the chase lights up the ramp, but didn't really like the full multicolor (your idea of blue and purple was what I was thinking). I also can't tell from the video when/why the chase lights went up the ramp. Were they at times when you are supposed to shoot the ramp? That would make sense, but I think they do that at non-related times. I'd be very interested in your ideas on game related lights, and a shaker is always cool.

#1946 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I have it right now, and the setup/code is configurable if you want to change these things. I haven't had time to customize it. It lights when something goes up the ramp, but it also lights at other times (attract, other modes, etc.). Basically, the same as Pinduino works with any setup, you just have to decide what triggers you care about.

Can an insert light be a trigger? I would thing the shuttle insert at the entrance to the ramp would make sense.

1 week later
#1986 4 years ago

Where can you get 1.17 if you weren't in their beta group? I don't see it over the wifi update. I'd just assume try it and roll back if needed.

#1988 4 years ago

BOO! There were some definitely improvements in that version. It would be really nice if they would just fix the bugs / generally release what was supposed to be the final general release.

1 month later
#2120 4 years ago

I have an extra head pan I can sell.

1 week later
#2150 4 years ago

Is 1.19 the latest? And if so, is "update failed" or something like that the normal message if you're up to date? I tried running a wifi update and it just said failed, so not sure if that's cause there's nothing to update or if the update process isn't working.

4 months later
#2239 4 years ago

My game works fine now, but what should I be doing (if anything) to ensure it doesn't crap out on me down the line with no recourse? Should I be upgrading or backing up the computer? Other things?

2 weeks later
#2264 4 years ago

After every game, sometimes every other game, the machine will not power back up via the normal power switch. I need to crawl under the machine and pull the power to the computer (or I can pull the plug inside the backbox). Any idea why the computer is not shutting down correctly like this?

1 week later
#2273 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

After every game, sometimes every other game, the machine will not power back up via the normal power switch. I need to crawl under the machine and pull the power to the computer (or I can pull the plug inside the backbox). Any idea why the computer is not shutting down correctly like this?

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

10 months later
#2422 3 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

code update is unlikely to fix the lag, and the lag seem more on the audio trigger than the switch hit itself. get your room done, and install the kit don't wait on code. its fantastic as is. BoP is a really fun game, 2.0 blows it out of the water.

Honestly, I used to play 1.0 a lot more than I play 2.0/emulated 1.0 now. BoP was originally on my "I can't see selling this" list. Now that I have 2.0, it's frankly on the short list of potential games out the door. For me, whatever 2.0 gained in modes and rule depth, it lost in personality, and I just haven't ever enjoyed the emulated 1.0 as much as the original I had before the conversion. Oh well, likely funds for something new I guess.

1 year later
#2600 1 year ago

Anyone know if it's possible to swap out music in this game like you can in Sterns with Pinball Browser? I absolutely can't stand the main music track that plays in this game. I've been trying to sell my 2.0 game (or possibly pull the kit and keep the 1.0 game), but I played with headphones listening to unrelated music the other day and enjoyed the game more than usual. I was thinking if I could put different theme music in, I might want to keep the game around a while.

Anyone know if this is possible?

#2605 1 year ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Hookup a keyboard/mouse/USB stick with the new wav file music to the PC, open Windows explorer on the BoP PC and swap out main_theme.wav file, it's in something like C:\brideofpinbot\1.16\assets\music\main_theme\main_theme.wav
If you don't understand the above instructions, or how to backup/restore the file/game PC in case it blows up your BoP, you shouldn't do anything I suggested.

WAIT...seriously? Is this really that easy? Do you know if I can throw anything in there, or do I need to maintain song length like you do in Pinball Browser?

If this really works, you're a *bride* saver!

#2606 1 year ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Hookup a keyboard/mouse/USB stick with the new wav file music to the PC, open Windows explorer on the BoP PC and swap out main_theme.wav file, it's in something like C:\brideofpinbot\1.16\assets\music\main_theme\main_theme.wav

Holy crap...this worked and to answer my own question, no -- the new audio does not need to be the same length. I'm officially pulling my game off the market for the time being.

I threw in some Carpenter Brut - Turbo Killer and it actually fits with the rest of the music pretty well. I choose to splice it up and put part of the song as the skillshot music and the rest as the main theme. The wife and I love it so far. Thanks!!!

The one problem, the sound quality sucks once it's run through the game. I used the same bitrate file as the original music. If I play it in the machine through Windows it sounds fine (and WAY louder), but once it gets pumped through the game, it sounds pretty muffled. Any idea why this would happen?

Regardless, SO much better.

1 week later
#2630 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I assume your asking because your computer stays on after shut off ? My bride is wired slightly differently so when i shut her down, everything goes off . However the service port is dead with the game off. I've some times wondered how others are as you should have power to the port at all times . Not sure if there's a computer setting for this or not.

I would say 60% of the time the cpu shuts down appropriately when I turn off the game's main power switch. The other 40% it doesn't really shut down and gets caught in limbo. I don't realize this until I turn the game on the next time and the cpu doesn't boot up. I need to pull the power from the game or the cpu in the backbox. After plugging back in, the game will boot up from the game's main switch. Not sure what the problem is.

#2639 1 year ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Powering off the pin sends another pulse to the PC, letting it shut down Windows gracefully, and when it does, it also turns off slave devices.

Any idea why almost half the time my computer doesn't shut down properly when I turn off the main power switch? It kinda looks like it does, but the next time I turn on the main game switch, a few playfield lights come on and the rest hangs. I end up having to pull the power plug to "reset" things. Then turning on the main power switch boots the computer as expected.

4 months later
#2660 1 year ago

Were you able to maintain high audio quality? I swapped out some music too, and while it sounds good if I listen to the files from Windows File Explorer, it sounds like shit when they're played in the game. I don't know squat about audio, but it appears I'm using the same quality settings as the original. I've tried multiple files and it's the same with all of them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside