IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1756 Product info Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #1758 Availability update Posted by Fourbyracer (7 years ago)

Post #1788 Key workaround info Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #1859 How to backup your ssd drive for BOP 2.0 Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #2104 Betabrite installation notes Posted by mgpasman (7 years ago)

Post #2776 1.21 software update (improved 1.0 support) Posted by KoenHeltzel (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 9 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a place to plug in mods on a proc system?

1 week later
#143 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Any word on when US shipping will start? I've only heard mention of EU.

I asked on the DP forum a week ago and bumped this morning...crickets

2 weeks later
#176 9 years ago

Yeah it just rotates up past 90. Make sure you remove the balls before you go up that high.

There is a hold bar on the right side of the cabinet. It goes to a hole halfway up the playfield. It works in a pinch but I am uncomfortable with it's small contact area and the flex it puts on the playfield.

Generally the first time you put it all the way up make sure it's not going to touch your glass. If it touches throw a towel over the end.

3 weeks later
#189 9 years ago

Dude I can't upvote you enough for even a glimmer of hope.

#200 9 years ago

algrande, can I have mine shipped to you and pick it up?

#215 9 years ago

If bop gets delivered to all orders and dp goes out of.business maybe the owners of bop2 can buy the source and maintain it as a community project

4 weeks later
#236 9 years ago

Anybody get a US shipping notice or email yet?

#268 9 years ago

While the bezel color discussions do not affect me (and I experience the same amount of frustration at the "appearance" of new news that is not new news. I think that any traffic signals to DP that we are still waiting and maybe creates some pressure on them to get this delivered.

#270 9 years ago

It's been a month since "the 'package'" was sent to the US and there has been no follow up. I've been getting some info from Scott but we shouldn't have to bug him to tell us what DP is doing.

DP, how about a f'ing update once in a while?

#273 9 years ago

Anybody got a shipping notice yet?

#293 9 years ago

Notice on the DP forums: US Kits will ship from pinball life today.

Anybody get a shipping notice yet?

#295 9 years ago

dunno, Barry didn't say. I'm hopeful but if I have to pay I want to pay for faster delivery

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I received a shipping notice from Fedex out of Huntley Ill. That should be it! Scheduled to arrive Wednesday! Hallelujah!

Did you have to pay for shipping?

#357 9 years ago

No notice and no kit yet. I wonder if CA would be delivered tomorrow. Question for those with the kits. What shipping method was used?

#369 9 years ago

Got my tracking number, package is due tomorrow!

#418 9 years ago

Pinsound had the files extracted at one time. Now the have instructions on how to do it from the Rom. I'd be happy to extract these.

#423 9 years ago

The sounds are available on pinsound if you make an account. There are a lot of sounds so hooking them into the code (if even possible) would be time consuming.

#425 9 years ago

Here's a thought for the sound lag issues in 1.0. Pinball browser can be used to alter audio files in wpc roms. the work offenders can be extracted from the rom, shifted backwards by a certain amount of milliseconds and the pushed back into the rom. Some of the sounds may lose sounds at the beginning and wont work with this method.

Thoughts?

Edit: I opened the sample "Hi There" in audacity and there are .139 seconds of breath at the start of the sample. Removing this would make the sound much less laggy

Edit 2: don't think I can open the rom in pinball browser since it's pre dmd

#437 9 years ago

I love getting boxes from marco!

#441 9 years ago

Just got my kit! I'll install tonight

#451 9 years ago

I was able to improve the sound quality in 1.0 by turning down the windows volume. pinmame at the default 50% is overdriving the amp. I dropped it to 25% and turned up the amp and it sounds much better

#452 9 years ago

of course now 2.0 is too quiet even with the amp cranked. I'll verify this still occurs in the beta and then report it

#457 9 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

Interesting. If you have things back as they were, what effect do the Vol +/- button inside the coin door have. Quality still not good, but just quieter? There is also an option to control overall pinmame volume which can be used on its command line; I just checked and its default is cranked up as high as it'll go. I'm wondering if dropping that down some and dropping the sample rate down (BOP, being pre-DCS, has the same sample rate as Sys11 and doesn't need the high pinmame default) might help. I'll drop a note to DP.

The issue is the volume is not normalized between 1 and 2. Naturally setting the volume for 2 distorts the output for 1. The volume buttons did not have an effect in 1. I'll look into the command line option.

#458 9 years ago

I looked through the command line settings for pinmame and the -volume should work for me. I'm going to install a vnc server on the pc to make it easier to administrate. Once I get that set up I'll mess around with this.

I also found a setting for audio latency -audio_latency. I haven't noticed many patency issues on my setup so I'm not going to mess with that yet

#460 9 years ago

Chimera mode. I'm not sure I like this but I'll give it some time. I did the same to the flippers but it's not as obvious.IMAG0607.jpgIMAG0607.jpg

#507 9 years ago

I've started an instruction card. Here are my simplified rules. Any suggestions?

Skillshot: Shoot the lit value for 5X Super Skillshot

Multiball: Shoot ball up shuttle ramp, enable locks in heartbeat ramp, lock balls up shuttle ramp & start multiball

Jackpot: Shoot the shuttle ramp during multiball. 5 jackpots enables Super Jackpot at the scoop

Power Charge: Shoot the scoop during multiball to enable Power Charge. Hold both flippers to score Power Charge and increase bonus

Small Wheel Modes: Shoot the scoop to start a mode
Move Your Shuttle: Shoot the loops left to right
G-Force Challenge: Shoot right loop
Space Station Dock: Shoot the spinner
Fueling Frenzy: Shoot the jets
Return to Base: Shoot the left loop to light Extra Ball
Mission Control: Light rollovers to light Extra Ball

#531 9 years ago

Sounds like the switch entering the face is flaky.

#541 9 years ago

Just finished the alpha test of a stats display on my BOP2. I use a lightweight web server to read the existing database and serve the information.
Screenshot_2015-02-07-14-34-22.pngScreenshot_2015-02-07-14-34-22.png

Future Pages:
Daily High Scores
Trophys Per Player

Limitations:
This is all it does so far
I am not good at art
The database is specific to the version, Newer releases will require an update to the path to read the db
The timezone appears to be set to dp headquarters, anything that displays a time will need to be adjusted to the local timezone
Several apps need to be installed to make this work.

If you are interested in more info let me know. Since this is a mod to an expensive product I wont be doing any sort of public release. If you are interested in adding this to your machine I can help and share.

#543 9 years ago

Cool, I'll wait for the release

#547 9 years ago

Can you add an option to set your local time zone so the Times are displayed locally?

#549 9 years ago

I haven't been able to get back there all week. I'm lucky if I can get into the high 20s. Now I have something to strive for. My heartbeat shot is really tight so that slows me down. I have never been great at the scoop shot either so I spend alot of time trying to hit those 2 shots and it is reflected in my recent scores.

I'll catch you soon enough.

#553 9 years ago

I installed tightvnc server so I can remote into mine

#556 9 years ago

I've had a couple people pm me asking if I recommend buying this kit. Based upon the quality of what's been delivered, the updates delivered since then (beta, etc...) and how fun the gameplay is, the answer is...

Yes, in a heartbeat. I think this is a great add-on that breathes life into this already great game.

#559 9 years ago

turn the bass up to a nice rumble and lean in. Until we get a shaker motor this will have to do

#561 9 years ago

I started with the dp recommended settings and turned the master level to what I wanted. I turned down the bass to the mains and turned the sub volume up to get the rumble. I'm ignoring the software volume until the levels are equalized between 1.0 and 2.0

#566 9 years ago

yeah, I've had some weird face rotation issues in multiball and this is the only way to get the ball out. At least I get my bonus after the ball drains. I've notified DP about the face issue but not the flipper issue

#569 9 years ago

Lol, he has a wtb thread as well. I advised him to check this community as I sold my sound board last week.

As far as potentially going back, if I ever get board I plan on trying to make my own set of rules.

#577 9 years ago

I heard about a month back they were halfway to the 25 they needed. This was prior to the US release

#604 9 years ago
Quoted from Von_Drehle:

Nice feature, but would take scores with a grain of salt. How do you confirm someone isn't cheating?

Have one of the lowest scores like me. If I'm cheating I suck at it

#614 9 years ago
Quoted from TheKorn:

Not to mention you're playing on 5-ball! (BOOOOOOOOOOO! )

If I can get my game time up I'll switch to 3 ball. I'm still in training mode on these new rules.

#620 9 years ago

Anyone else have issues wit. The WiFi antenna not screwing in?

#629 9 years ago

wow lot's of hate on the 5 ball. I thought pinball was supposed to be fun. Fine, I've been "5 ball shamed" back to 3 ball. I'll ask them to remove my ifpa ranking!

#632 9 years ago

I can attest that the super jackpot is an amazing score! I was able to score the extra ball and a multiball on the first ball. This drove the jackpot up as well as the bonus. Ball 2 was an insta-drain (the extra ball is cursed!) but I had 80% of my score on the first ball.

Now my GC score of 98 mill is on a 3 ball and legit!

1 week later
#635 9 years ago

Any change in the volume difference between 1.0 and 2.0? I wont be able to load it until tonight

#638 9 years ago

wait a second, the bet is to make the pc boot up and then perform hackery. It is difficult to hack a pc that's off. I wont say impossible because in the words of Chris Rock "now I'm no expert"

#652 9 years ago

Ok guys, whip em out, I'll grab the yard stick.

#684 9 years ago

I need to do some cable management in the cab to finish. I was waiting for the repro play field.

I am a little nervous about the PC mount. What's going too hold the PC in place when the head is folded?

1 month later
#738 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

OT: I still have one for sale for $200 shipped/insured to the 48 states and includes lift channel and surround protection. Shipped in original box and was only in my game for 45 minutes. PM to buy.
Thanks,
-Al-

PM Sent

#741 9 years ago

Just played the new version. Like the video mode! Reminds me of the video modes on IJ and STTNG. Getting the mode is pretty deliberate. I was worried about the mode being a momentum killer but you have to work to get there. If you're just playing modes or multis it's unlikely you'll ever get it.

Thanks DP

#742 9 years ago

I love the new locking mechanism and animation for the second multiball! Note: this is not the second multiball mode but the second time you start enabling locks for shuttle multiball.

#774 9 years ago

I just installed the Danesi flipper kit and I love what it does. The install was dead simple although I had to move my button lights out of the way. Video mode is much better without the mechanical flipper noises!

Thanks Scott!

#784 9 years ago

Is anyone having the issue where in the second shuttle multi ball the balls don't release? I posted this on the dp forums but there's been no response.

If I manually release the balls let 2 drain and then hit the scoop to restart it works as expected.

#786 9 years ago

MB 1 works every time. If I complete MB 1 and start MB 2 (with the balls locked in the belly) the balls never release from the lock.

#788 9 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Thanks for the info, I am going to look into that and see what could be causing it. Please also send this info to [email protected] so we can add it to the list of potential issues. Please also include your version number as I believe you are on v1.102.
Thanks man,
--Scott

Will do Thanks!

P.s. Great work on the flipper mod!

#832 8 years ago

I need some help from fellow BoP owners. I think my mb2 issues are due to the head position switch. I have several of the right switches but what I have installed and what I see online does not match what I see for sale as a replacement (as fa4r as diode position).

Does anyone know if this is a Normally Closed NC or Normally Open NO switch? I would assume NO but if I'm wrong that could cause my problems.

Thanks

#835 8 years ago

ok I'll reflow the pads. I don't see any that look broken but it can't hurt.

I have an additional mystery! I have the original faces but consulting the manual on page 2-24 (#92) it shows the open indents on the backplate as lining up like this

1 Open
2 Open
3 Closed
4 Open

But My Faces are installed like this

1 Open
2 Open
3 Open
4 Closed

Additionally I cannot move the faces to the positions described in the manual because the mounting screws are not in the right spots (but are for the faces as installed).

Does anyone have theirs open and can take a look for me?

I've noticed I'm only rotating in one direction so I think the motor coltroller is the culprit. I'll work on that next and see where I get.

#836 8 years ago

Update, reflowed the solder on the reg and relay boards. I am now turning both directions. Still not starting second mb though!

#838 8 years ago

Thanks for the reply and the pic!

So as I read this your setup matches mine

My Faces are installed like this (Counted counter clockwise from mouth)
1 Open Mouth (B)
2 Open Eyes (A)
3 Open Robot (D)
4 Closed Human (C)

The head position seems to be working now although I need to put it through more tests. I ordered a new switch although this one tests fine.

I was able to play pinballnuts BoP2 last night and the MB2 started perfectly so I don't think it's a bug. Right now I am looking at the scoop switch as if I let the balls drain and shoot the scoop in MB2 to restart MB restarts but the scoop does not release the ball.

1 week later
#847 8 years ago

In prep for Pin-a-Go-Go next weekend I made a custom instruction card. Here you go guys.
BoP2 Instruction Card.pngBoP2 Instruction Card.png
I made a live scores card too but it points to my machine
BoP 2 Live Scores.pngBoP 2 Live Scores.png

3 months later
#990 8 years ago

You won't be able start the update without the proc connected. There might be a way but not suree what it is.

3 weeks later
#1023 8 years ago

Pinsider agodfrey is selling dmd display panels for $18. I picked one up and it looks great on my BoP2. It's more purple than it appears here
IMAG1133.jpgIMAG1133.jpg

4 weeks later
#1053 8 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

http://www.twitch.tv/flippart/v/17547513 at the 56 minute mark... Sorry I played so bad and gave up pretty quick... 2.0 is way more attractive
Btw, I think of redoing my cabinet for 2.0. What do you think of this design?

image.jpg image_1.jpg

it's awesome. I would buy a set if you made them available

2 months later
#1158 8 years ago

I'm going in for a proto playfield. If anyone in the US is interested in my first run playfield in flawless shape I will let it go for what I have into it $750 + shipping

pending sale!

#1159 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I'm going in for a proto playfield. If anyone in the US is interested in my first run playfield in flawless shape I will let it go for what I have into it $750 + shipping
pending sale!

Sold!

2 weeks later
#1193 8 years ago

I had some issues with the shutdown controller/belkin combo. What I wanted to do was insure that the strip stayed on until I could guarantee the pc was off. In the end I used the display as the master on the belkin as it has the most robust power saver and is the most dependable. It also gives me a delay from when the pc turns off as well. I haven't had any issues since.

#1196 8 years ago

I was having serious face issues that were switch related. The moving face triggered an eye switch and prevented the 2nd multiball from working.

here's how I found it:
Start a game
Enter settings and enable switch test
Have someone video the screen while you play

Watch for switches that trigger or not

#1200 8 years ago

Barry just posted a manual with install instructions on the dp site: http://www.dutchpinball.com/bop2/bop-manual

It looks european. Not sure if it calls out US differences

#1240 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I've been working on a few things on my BOP. The apron drives me crazy how bad it clashes with the rest of the game. I think this really compliments the game. I'm having them printed on magnets or decals for easy installation and removal. The magnets are slick!
IMG_4841_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg

Put me down for one of these. That is slick

3 weeks later
#1315 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

What is the best solution for the helmet's lights with the 2.0 kit? I have LEDs in there, their lighting and patterns seem sorta random now. I know the kit doesn't control them, but I'd like for something better to be happening with them.

If you are having helmet light issues in BoP2 please look at the dp forums. I fixed an issue and posted videos of the behavior

#1317 8 years ago

Wow, my apologies. I can't find the thread at all. Let me search for the video and see if I can find it that way.

#1319 8 years ago

Ok I'll summarize here as I found the post but it only had the solution.

In BoP2 an update made the helmet lamps go from a recognizable pattern to random. I was able to verify it was not the helmet or the bulbs by trying those in a different BoP2.

Here's the lights in action:

I replaced Q24 and Q26 on the driver board and this fixed the problem. These are the Helmet Lights Clock Port and Data Port respectively. My theory is the update reduced the voltage to the bulbs for LEDs and this caused the 30+ year old transistors to have problems.

Here is a video of it fixed:

and again with LEDs

HTH

#1322 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Nice tip, I'll do that this weekend. Thanks!

Does it look like you have the same issue?

1 week later
#1362 8 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Got a good one for you guys... It seems now when I drop from the first multiball down to single ball in 2.0 the head only goes partially back from the first face. Worked perfectly till now. I don't have the pan to catch loose balls so its a game ender.
Switching back and forth from 2.0 to 1.0 to 2.0 resets the head. It moves to the 1st face just fine at the start of the MB, but never makes it all the way back to the 3rd face. Re-solder and check connections? I do have the a NIB relay I can swap in as well...

In 2.0 you can have switch test while playing. I had an issue where amn eyeball switch was triggered when the face turned. Playing in switch test made it easy to see it happening

1 month later
#1416 8 years ago

I am working with a guy to get some of these reproduced. The metal is cut, they just need to be bent.

1 week later
#1422 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I hate these types of issues. Here is shot of where I am dealing with a stuck ball.
I have already snugged the gate bracket as close as I can on the top of the starpost..... If I bend the gate up enough for the ball to roll down the sling, the ball can sneak under the gate and back down the shooter lane. If I put a larger rubber on the sling it creates a deeper well for the ball to hang up in. considered relocating the starpost, considered drilling the gate bracket to snug it up to the starpost, and also thought of just making a new gate wire. Whats my best option?

ball_stuck_(resized).JPG

I think I'd prefer the shooter lane to this. Sneaking down the shooter lane is a common problem and on mine is probably why I never get caught up here.

3 weeks later
#1456 7 years ago

FYI there will be 2 BoP2s at Pin-a-Go-Go next weekend in Dixon Ca. While there you can also enjoy Ghostbusters, Full Throttle, the Hobbit, Lexy Lightspeed, CCC , DMoS and 200+ more.

4 weeks later
#1491 7 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

Could use some help. My BOP 2.0 is losing balls about every game after they drain. I've checked my trough switches and they all register. Once the ball drains she still thinks they're in play. This doesn't happen with every ball, but I can rarely get through a whole game. I never had this issue before installing 2.0, but it could be an intermittent switch fault? Anyone else seen this?

You can leave switch test on while you play. Start a game. Go into settings and start switch test. Let the balls drain. You'll see the switches register on the screen. It might be easier to record the screen so you can play it back.

You might have a playfield switch that is stuck as well. And this will help eliminate that.

1 month later
#1571 7 years ago

I had to reduce the volume on the pc and turn up the volume at the amp. The sound was leaving the pc distorted.

#1573 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How did you do that?
Is there a volume switch on the pc?

I hooked up an external monitor, keyboard and mouse to the pc. Use escape to close the game and use the volume control panel to reduce the volume. Reboot to re-enter the game.

#1575 7 years ago

Thanks - are there any links to photos/instructions/videos on how to do this? Sounds complicated! Couldn't find anything on DP website.

No I just did it with my pc experience. It's just a windows pc and works the same as all the others. It just has a startup item that runs the game.

Here's the instructions for getting in and out of windows while it is running: http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44

#1578 7 years ago

if you use the built in screen you'll have to unscrew it from the panel as the screen size exceeds the opening. Using an external monitor or vnc software lets you see the whole screen.

What area are you in?

#1581 7 years ago

What volume setting do you recommend?

Sorry I don't remember. I was in the first batch so it's been over a year since I set it

#1583 7 years ago

Maybe 25% ? !
Decided easier option is to take panel off so only need to connect mouse and keyboard - would a regular wireless keyboard and mouse work?

They might work if they use the standard drivers. While you're in there put the machine on wifi so you can you the live score site

2 weeks later
#1605 7 years ago

I would think an unrestored BoP2 would start at 4k. 7.5 doesn't sound unreasonable for a restored model. But like all collectors pieces it will wait for the right buyer.

Selling it at a show is probably the best option to get top dollar

3 weeks later
#1640 7 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

I too put my deposit down, on May 7th to be exact. In June I was told "We just got another shipment of parts in today and are only waiting on software and speakers yet so anytime we will begin build out." Its been 2 more months, I would hope they had gotten the parts by now....
Anyway, since then, I have lost the main board on my BOP (acid damage and it affected 1 column of switches). I have heard that 2.0 replaces that board. Can someone confirm that for me? No reason to get a new one if I wont use it with 2.0. The board would probably be an easy fix for someone who works on them since I can see where the damage is on one chip, but dont know if I need to.

Yes that board get's replaced. I can fix that one for you. I just did another BoP with similar damage. Send me a PM if you want more info.

2 weeks later
#1655 7 years ago

Sold my first run repro playfield and got the prototype on the last run. So beautiful2016-09-19 16.43.43 (resized).jpg2016-09-19 16.43.43 (resized).jpg2016-09-19 16.43.50 (resized).jpg2016-09-19 16.43.50 (resized).jpg

#1657 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Cant believe you waited that long! I was on the first batch like you and I couldn't wait to get mine installed. Had they offered the prototype earlier, I probably would have gotten one. Nice pick up!

I've kept busy with a bunch of projects so it wasn't too hard. It will make a nice winter project

#1675 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I'm curious, has any BoP 2.0 owners modified an original speaker panel (with original artwork) to accommodate the BoP 2.0 screen instead of installing the DP one?

I used the purple alternative panel offered here on pinside. I also only used the dp branded items on the right (flipper bat too)70c6ca7ec249421f0db753733799716f2b9740c7 (resized).jpg70c6ca7ec249421f0db753733799716f2b9740c7 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1698 7 years ago

I see you bought a proto playfield. I sold my batch 1 playfield and just got a proto from batch 3. This is going to be a fun winter project!

1 week later
#1748 7 years ago

bend it like this?
<--i_______o

#1755 7 years ago

My 2.0 kit came with a speaker that used the original lugs. All of the wiring was replaced as it needs to route to the power amp (provided)

The first kits came with flipper fidelity. Not sure of later batches

#1760 7 years ago

I don't know where I heard it but I thought first batch was 25 or so

#1766 7 years ago

Nice addition of the DanesiDesigns flipper button mod. These are a must on BoP2

#1768 7 years ago
1 week later
#1811 7 years ago

I've been working with cliff to make a repro. I'll check with him for an update

#1845 7 years ago

I had a problem with helmet lamps in a friend's BoP 2. I replaced the 2 transistors on the driver board that control the lamps and it corrected it. There is a thread on this on the dp site.

The theory was the transistors had aged and weren't triggering correctly of triggering too slowly

2 months later
#1913 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I wonder if something like this would work, if the PC was plugged into the "Control" outlet?
amazon.com link »

i use something like this. works well

#1930 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Is anyone interested in a tutorial/PDF/instructions kinda thing on how to add a Lightshow (backboard) and shaker Arduino based mod to BoP2.0? If so, I will document my build and share it here. Costs for parts is around $120 (ymmv, depending what you already have around and what sources you have).
Goals are:
LEDs ws2812b, fading blue to violet and back, plus some light show depending where the ball hits switches (just like Rudy following the ball), shakermotor driven by the flashers and head motor.
Should be easy to build... and if I can do it, everyone can

YES! I would be very interested

1 week later
#1961 7 years ago
Quoted from BobT:

...just received my BOP 2.0 from the shipper and none of the switches operate. Is there a fuse or cable, or ? HELP!

The mpu has the same form factor and location as a wpc board. Check the switch connectors on that board and make sure the USB cable from that board to the pc is connected

2 weeks later
#1996 7 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Joined the club. Did 2.0 cabinet decals also clear coated the cabinet. Added new playfield,ramps,plastics,mini playfield,faces,all chrome,posts,switches and the 2.0 kit.

Should have sent a poet!

1 month later
#2126 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

plus (what I still need) the controller from awarner that shuts off the flippers during videomode. Can I order them still?

I ordered a couple from notrashcouger (danesidesigns.com) not too long ago. I put one in CCC as well.

#2140 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Is there a problem I am not seeing yet, with mounting the PF an inch deeper?

I'd be worried about the coin mechs hitting the front edge of the play field.

1 week later
#2169 6 years ago
Quoted from nonik:

Anybody happened this in her BOP2.0?
The head lights are crazy! not have a good secuence.
same of this video:
» YouTube video
I have the same problem im my bop ...
what can i do?
Thanks in advance.

I have fixed this issue in a friend's bop2. There are 2 drive transistors (q24&q26) that control the helmet lamps data and clock. Replacing both of these fixed it.

4 months later
#2227 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

my 2.0 is working after 2 years of frustration. thanks to some help from Eric N in cali.
I got 0 help from dutch and it ended up costing me a little over $300 to get it going.
from the beginning my set up continued to freeze up and shut down. never played a whole game once.
i send the kit to Eric to test out in his working bride. after lots of testing he came to the conclusion
that the gigabyte had fatal errors. I bought a new one from amazon with larger hard drive and more ram.
and send it to him. He managed to get software transferred over, updated and working.

I used the excellent video tutorial from awarner to transfer the content from the original drive to the new larger drive.

I also advised him to keep the old pc to maintain the license since the pc has the bally williams sticker on it.

#2235 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

You also have remember there are really not a lot of these around, I think the two Dutch Pinball runs were each 25, I can't imagine the Cointaker/Nitro run was more than 50. So 100 kits out there, probably only 50-75 of them installed.

25% never got installed or was left after not working right sounds spot on.

I have personally had my hand in 3 of these that didn't work right out of the box

#2237 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

One of these days I'm going to get the courage up to do the playfield swap and really take my game to the next level. But I have too many projects currently to mess with a working game.

Me too

#2240 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

My game works fine now, but what should I be doing (if anything) to ensure it doesn't crap out on me down the line with no recourse? Should I be upgrading or backing up the computer? Other things?

Buy a new larger hard drive and clone your existing drive to it.

Put the original drive in secure storage and use the larger drive in your game.

Al's instructions here:

#2246 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I need to do this at some point. So question, why use a larger drive and not just clone the drive and save it as back up as recommended in the video? Is the current drive close to full and it will run better with a bigger drive?

The existing drive is almost full @ 30GB. If you ever have any driver or other software issues and have to update you will run out space very quickly. Also as awarner said, 30GB is hard to find.

I like to give windows plenty of room to be it's bloated old self.

#2248 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

There are definitely programs out there to resize partitions without formatting. If you're restoring to the new drive, with a partition the same size as your backup, there will be an unused section of your hard drive. At this point, you could expand the smaller partition into the additional space. Kind of a pain, takes forever, but it should work.

This is what I did. Didn't take long at all

3 weeks later
#2276 6 years ago

I use a different setup with an autosensing power strip.

The PC is plugged into always on power
The Monitor is plugged into the master outlet
The amp is plugged into the controlled outlet

On mine shutdown goes like this
I turn off the machine power at the switch
PC starts shutdown
PC completes shutdown and turns off
Monitor goes into power saving
Power strip senses the monitor is off and turns off amp

If the pc is not shutting down we need to find out why the startup/shutdown controller is not working

2 weeks later
#2286 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Could you please help me find a $2000 base bop!?? I’d really appreciate it

I know of one in CA. It plays fine but it needs restoration.

4 weeks later
#2321 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Saturday night I noticed some strange behavior in my Bride 2.0. Occasionally on a new ball, the lights aren't lighting up on the skill shot values. It seemed pretty random when it would happen. It would happen for one ball and then be back fine on the next. Any idea what would cause this?

2.0 will let you play while in switch test. Put it in switch test before you start playing and see if anything comes up that shouldn't be happening. 2.0 seems to be switch sensitive in some areas

2 months later
#2344 6 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Bought new computer after I fried old computer...switched ssd then installed now I got bootlooping on start up.. I read that someone else had same problem,anyone know the fix? Says gygabyte then starting bride of pinbot 2.0 then reboots

Did you set the bios settings?

#2347 6 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

I did not..how do you go about that?

See if these instructions are correct for your computer: http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42

#2349 6 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

My computer is a gygabyte

the settings will be similar. I can't be sure. I have the zotac

11 months later
#2472 5 years ago

Just listed

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Selling a Bride of Pinbot under the face tray. Price includes priority shipping in the US.”
2019-01-21
Lodi, CA
100 (OBO)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 82 times

2 months later
#2494 5 years ago

Is CSSC the shutdown controller? I was able to get one from Scott Danesi for a CCC

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
$ 9.99
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only?tu=cheddar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.