IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1756 Product info Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #1758 Availability update Posted by Fourbyracer (7 years ago)

Post #1788 Key workaround info Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #1859 How to backup your ssd drive for BOP 2.0 Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #2104 Betabrite installation notes Posted by mgpasman (7 years ago)

Post #2776 1.21 software update (improved 1.0 support) Posted by KoenHeltzel (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbrad97.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 10 years ago

I am just putting the finishing touches on my full BoP restore. I have owned it for 2 years and this was the incentive I needed to fix her up.

I am paid and ready for 2.0....

1 week later
#40 10 years ago

It was 100 Euros. So like $800 US dollars? (joke)

$136.00 US for speakers and the amp.

#43 10 years ago

In Euros........
Bride of Pinbot 2.0 Upgrade Kit € 995,00
Vishay Color LED DMD € 200.00
Speaker set and 2.1 amplifier € 100.00

Total Amount: € 1,295.00

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

We are still definitely making progress with the kit. Stay tuned.
--Scott

Great news. and by "progress" do you mean "progress with Stefanie"?

(Is this bordering on harassment yet?)

2 months later
#50 10 years ago

Thanks Al. I wish that Dutch Pinball would say more about what is going on now that they have the licensing figured out.

1 month later
#75 9 years ago

Got my plastic set from CPR last week. (very nice) Been emailing Dutch Pinball. They say if things go well, they will be shipping kits from the states in 6-8 weeks. Right when I am moving. Oh well....

1 month later
#83 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Surprised I'm first to provide an update as I'm always the last to know, but I received a message from Dutch pinball saying that the parts are being shipped to the US to be assembled and shipped out. Getting close
PPS - Any word on the repo playfields?

Yeah I was surprised that no one is getting excited that this may actually happen in the near future.....

1 month later
#90 9 years ago

Cool. Thanks Al.

2 weeks later
#102 9 years ago

I know how to fix this. All I need to do is cancel my order. Then everyone else's kits will ship immediately and then they will be sold out when I try to reorder.

You are welcome.

2 months later
#158 9 years ago

Another week past, another missed deadline, with no communication.....

There is no way I would ever buy anything from them again. I was one of their biggest fans when this whole thing started.

They have had my money for almost a year interest free and used it to get TBL off the ground.

If you look at the timeline. They came back from Expo last year, got their 50 pre-orders and the next week announced that they had bought the rights to TBL and pretty much stopped working on BoP 2.0 for the last year. But somehow they were able to get some prototype TBL's to Expo. I know they said that they had some licensing issues that held things up, but I would have concerns for a company that is taking money from customers before they have all the licenses.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

Don't forget there is another thread running on BOP 2.0
That got an update a couple of days ago by the person receiving the first kit in Europe - they're doing a final "non Dutch Pinball person" check that it install properly by following the supplied instructions etc, before it gets released to everyone else..
Here....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-pre-ordered-bop-20-kit/page/9#post-2028283

I think that the lack of communication is what is so frustrating for me. HEY DUTCH PINBALL!! POST SOMETHING ON YOUR WEBSITE THAT SAYS THE FIRST KIT WAS RECEIVED AND BEING TESTED!!!
Or how about send out an email that gives the impression that you give a crap about the people who forked out $100,000 a year ago. Are you too busy to send us an email update?

Looking back, knowing what I know now, I would still have bought 2.0 because I love the game. Maybe that will change if I have to wait another 2 months.

3 weeks later
#186 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Curious as to what is blocking you. I use FortiNet web filters and I can get right through (I'm the IT engineer but I still block myself).

Looks like it might be additional Malware software or something.

I hope Dutch Pinball's reputation hasn't gotten bad enough that it is getting blocked by Malware software. They aren't that late... lol

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Indicators say U.S. = Soon...

Now is this "Netherlands soon" or "US of A soon?"

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

As far as I know, most of the EU kits have been shipped. So...

Ok. That is pretty cool. I would love to have it before the first of the year. I have 2 weeks off for Christmas and I need a break from my kitchen renovation.

#203 9 years ago

I got mine today! Ok. I didn't really. That was a cruel joke.

But maybe soon....

1 month later
#250 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

I have no idea what your gameroom looks like. I just know that the purple is what makes bop cabinet stand out in a lineup. And the new panel is purple so it won't match a black cab.

I disagree. I went with the black decals on my machine with purple under cabinet lighting, purple leds in the helmet, purple pop caps and everything chrome. Mine stands out in my lineup. I think the panel (which looks black with purple trim) will look awesome from what I have seen in the pictures.

#259 9 years ago

I will see what it looks like.

If I don't like the way it looks, I will get my guy to print something else. Maybe something that says "Bride of Pinbot 2.0 Black Edition" with "suck it Calvin12" in little letters.

#265 9 years ago

Not sure why they would do a purple panel which doesn't match the translite anyway. I would want the panel black even if my cabinet decals were purple.

If I ever get my kit, I will see what needs to be done to change it.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

So, for one year I have been following this thread for updates. At first patiently and late, not so patiently. Suddenly 12 new posts appear and I think: "Hey, must be some big news!"... Nope...... Just 12 more purple vs. black posts.
I'm not saying there is no need for that discussion, but that maybe a new thread to conduct it would be nice.... Just sayin'.

Sorry. I thought that was what the "club" was for. Talking about things related to 2.0.

#277 9 years ago

I heard there was a hold-up on licensing. Ok. That was a bad joke, I know.

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Fair enough. None of it would matter if they would just ship the darn kits already......
Ok, back to purple vs. black.

You are getting your wish. Now we can talk about Black vs. Purple again. Yay!

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Not so fast, my friend. This whole escapade has jaded me to the point that I won't be convinced by another possible empty promise until I see a tracking number.

Wow, you are jaded. What has DP ever done to you? Oh wait. nevermind...

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Hopefully these will tie in the black decals and the purple 2.0 scoreboard boarder. If not, I'll change it up.

rail 3.jpg 82 KB

rail 2.jpg 104 KB

I'd like to see that when it is back together!

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

I just got a shipping notice, should be here tomorrow, YEA!!

Barry and Scott hate me... I will probably be last....

#328 9 years ago

We do not hate you!
--Scott

I knew that would get a reaction.

So it's just Barry? Lol

#363 9 years ago

Also a bunch of work went into the audio from our very skilled musician/audio engineer!

I second that. I love the music. "Someone" did a really great job. I just don't understand why DP hates me and won't send me my kit. I have been standing on my front porch for a week now. Lol

#379 9 years ago

Well, my kit was delivered. Sadly it was delivered to the place I was living a year ago when I placed the order. I DID update my address with Barry and he replied and said it was updated. Good news is, that the person at my old address sent it back to Pinball Life. Pinball life called me and it is on it's way back to Pinball Life and then to me. So maybe I will get it next week.

Fingers crossed.

#413 9 years ago

Thanks Snux. That makes a lot of sense.

#421 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

At a time I should be excited, as I got my kit, I find my self disappointed. Frustrating to say the least but I'll stay tuned in to see how things progress before I make my final decision to sell or install.

I am in the same boat. I really love 1.0 and would hate to give it up for a substandard version of 1.0. I think that I would be more likely to install the kit if the code was complete. It will be really lame to play 2.0 without the main feature of the game (spinning head) not functioning. I think if the code was complete and all the modes were there for 2.0, I might not miss 1.0 as much.

#476 9 years ago

Had my huge super bowl party so I was afraid to try to put Bride 2.0 together before the game. My kit went to my old address and the people at my old address were nice enough to update FedEx with my new address so my kit arrived Friday instead of Wednesday. That was a surprise.

I am thinking I will try to install it tonight, if I am not still hung over.

#488 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I installed the Beta code last night. Initial impressions are very good. I noticed that the original code would miss my Heartbeat Ramp shots from time to time and now, it's getting it all the time. I didn't have a lot of time to play last night but it feels a lot more solid.

What is the process for doing the update?

#510 9 years ago

Darn so close to having it installed.
Shouldn't my power strip have the crimp connectors instead of a plug?
No big deal, I can go to AutoZone and get them. Just a bummer.

This is what I got. You might want to check your kits.

20150205_194700.jpg20150205_194700.jpg

#529 9 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

If your machine has a service outlet inside, then you can just plug it up to that. I received an email back in Jan. asking if my machine had a plug inside or not.

You know what? I think they asked me that too a while back. I must have said yes, I have the service outlet and that is what I used. That was actually easier.

Scott, you didn't make a mistake after all.

She's alive.

#530 9 years ago

Played for about an hour last night. I am really liking everything. I even played 1.0 and yes the sound was distorted some, but I really didn't see a much of a lag.

I did have one thing happen in 2.0 that I am going to try to track down.

It had to do with the sequence of locking the balls. Here is what I did...
Heartbeat ramp lock 1, shuttle ramp ball locked, heartbeat ramp lock 2, heartbeat ramp lock 3, shuttle ramp locked ball 2. At this point 2 balls were locked and the game hung. I repeated this twice.

If I did it in order, Heartbeat, shuttle, heartbeat, shuttle, heartbeat, shuttle then I was able to lock all 3 balls and go into multiball. I repeated this twice too.

I will double check the switches and see if something is flaky.

#532 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Sounds like the switch entering the face is flaky.

That's what I thought too but I checked all the switches in test mode and during game play and they all seem to be registering well.

It looks like the real issue is that the ball is not getting locked when it should. The ball rolls out of the face, stops then says locked and then the coil drops and releases the ball, but the game still thinks there is a ball there. It is pretty consistent.

I made a short video and put it on YouTube.

#583 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

That's what I thought too but I checked all the switches in test mode and during game play and they all seem to be registering well.
It looks like the real issue is that the ball is not getting locked when it should. The ball rolls out of the face, stops then says locked and then the coil drops and releases the ball, but the game still thinks there is a ball there. It is pretty consistent.
I made a short video and put it on YouTube.
» YouTube video

Cheddar, you were right all along. With Koen's help we tracked it to the switch entering the face. The switch was snapping back and registering twice so the machine thought a second ball was coming through. Making the switch less sensitive fixed the issue and I am up and running. Yay

#627 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Thank you,
Lots of multiballs
One multiball was really lucrative
Started three ball and first shot was to power charge
Then the jackpots went to triple hit two of them (does power charge instantly send you to triple JP?)
Lost one ball
Then 3 SJ with two balls in play at 23.5mil a piece
3 ball

And then you put the glass back on. I am just kidding!!!

2 months later
#758 9 years ago

Hey Everyone,
For those Beta Testers that want to get their hands on a Flipper Mod kit for the BoP 2.0 project, I have made a small test run of 10 units available on my website.
http://www.danesidesigns.com/products/aux-flipper-switch-hookup-board/
Please note, that you need to be running BoP version 1.102 or greater to be able to utilize this kit in the software.
Once these 10 are gone, I will begin another run which should take a week or two. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you,
--Scott Danesi

Ordered. Thanks!!

#772 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Had BOP 2.0 in an IFPA event last weekend.
51 person tournament, double elimination Swiss style
Huge hit at the party.
A Canadian destroyed my GC...

I need to just sell all my machines now. I truly suck...

2 months later
#940 8 years ago

I wondered what they were working on. Seemed kind of quiet lately. I bet if they finish the code and include the metamorphosis, they would sell a lot more of the 2nd batch and even need a 3rd batch. It is well worth the $2000 with all the bugs worked out and the complete code all day long. I don't think there would be any question.

#944 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Barry just announced on the Dutch Pinball Forum that the final completed code for the game should be released by the end of this month. This is awesome news. It will include the "Metamorphosis"!!! Check it out at:
http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67&sid=6db2e8b6ecddae95b0bdf3a14b107f79

He must have heard me....

2 weeks later
#968 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Spilling the beans: A small group of "Pre Beta" testers are going through a special edition of the software to test the new features. This special edition doesn't play the small wheel modes or the first multiball so the new stuff can be tested. I have found at least one bug so far. This is going to be one of the best rulesets to come out in years (I'm not kidding). OK, back to testing...

I got the offer to Beta test but I was just too busy last week. I wish I would have done it so I could see it early....

Can't wait to see the new stuff!

#976 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

BOP 2.0 Beta testers - Check your e-mail NOW! Beta 1.13 is released. The game is now complete. Yeah Buddy!

I will be installing tonight. Great. There goes my weekend....

#979 8 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

The new promo video is fantastic! If you're still on the fence, prepare to be knocked off!
» YouTube video

Great. There goes next week too.

1 month later
#1048 8 years ago

Thanks for the gameplay video. I have wondered why someone else hasn't do it before. I would put one up, but you wouldn't have seen that far into the game. It was fun to watch the video display. You really don't get to see how awesome the graphics are when you are actually playing the game while trying to watch the ball.

Again, nice job

3 months later
#1293 8 years ago

Since it's stainless you can polish the siderails yourself really easily while they are still on the cabinet (and it won't ever turn). Just use sandpaper on an orbital sander. I think I went 400, 600, 800, 1200, 2000 and then rubbing compound and polishing compound. Like you would on a clearcoat playfield.

I still had Mike Chestnut do my lockdown bar and hinges, but I saved a couple hundred dollars.

BoP1_(resized).jpgBoP1_(resized).jpg

BoP2_(resized).jpgBoP2_(resized).jpg

Bop3_(resized).jpgBop3_(resized).jpg

2 years later
#2470 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Does somebody know where I can get a Aux Flipper Switch Hookup Board for the BOP 2.0 ? Seems Scott doesn't do any new boards

I think I have a new one that I never installed.

1 year later
#2659 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

here you can hear the soundmodifications i did to the BOP

Very cool. I was able to change some of mine out too. Mostly the main theme was bothering me. I think the reason it bothers most people is that it is a loop of only 45 seconds. I used the TNA main theme and it is 4 minutes long, so if you have a really good ball it doesn't get repetitive. I also changed the intro, multiball, bonus calculation and game over to different TNA songs. I am thinking about changing out the rest soon as well.

Thanks for the inspiration.

#2661 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Were you able to maintain high audio quality? I swapped out some music too, and while it sounds good if I listen to the files from Windows File Explorer, it sounds like shit when they're played in the game. I don't know squat about audio, but it appears I'm using the same quality settings as the original. I've tried multiple files and it's the same with all of them.

Mine actually sounded really good. I exported them as 16 bit, if that helps. The level was not quite as high as the originals. Maybe if the originals were a 10 in Volume the new files were an 8 which is actually ok with me since it isn't as distracting and the sound effects are louder.

1 year later
#2928 2 years ago

About the only way I can think of is with a UPS. Back in my IT days, you could program a UPS to shut down a machine gently. Really, that is all this is now, a computer.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

For those using a remotely controlled outlet to turn on your games, how did you integrate this with the BOP 2.0 kit? Right now I have my games all connected to a remotely controlled power strip, so I just flip one switch to turn on all of the games and one switch to turn them all off. It looks like the 2.0 computer doesn't like a sudden power cut in this fashion, but I would still like to be able to remotely turn it on and off like the other games. Is this possible?

1 year later
#3071 8 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

You need to update to the latest code. It’s a huge improvement !

I agree. The latest code update fixed the horrible sound on 1.0. I honestly can't tell a big difference between Williams BoP and Dutch Pinball 1.0 now.

The best part of 2.0 though is the ability to change the music and sounds. I have a bunch of cool music and some of the sounds/music from Total Nuclear Annihilation. It was pretty simple to change them out.

1 month later
#3082 6 months ago

If you ever have to replace the CMOS battery for the bios, I would recommend using a battery holder (for the 3v batteries) instead of the expensive sealed CMOS batteries that come in it. I had one of the first couple 2.0 systems maybe 8 years ago? My first battery lasted about 5 years and then the ones I have been buying from Amazon (and others) only last a year or even less. (they are probably old stock) Last time, I bought the holder and soldered the wires with the plug to it. Over a year now, no issues. Definite upgrade.
https://www.amazon.com/Alinan-Button-Battery-Storage-Container/dp/B09KTVG1Y5

2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 9.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 27.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbrad97.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only?tu=badbrad97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.