IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1756 Product info Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #1758 Availability update Posted by Fourbyracer (7 years ago)

Post #1788 Key workaround info Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #1859 How to backup your ssd drive for BOP 2.0 Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #2104 Betabrite installation notes Posted by mgpasman (7 years ago)

Post #2776 1.21 software update (improved 1.0 support) Posted by KoenHeltzel (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider awarner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

If you sent in your money for BOP 2.0, You're in! The Dutch Pinball forum should be the main place to get info and share, but I figured that someone would probably start one here anyway so I did.

#7 10 years ago

My Invoice is #52 so I'm late to the party but obviously just as excited. Plus, I'm friends with Python so it's close to my heart in other ways. The color screen is going to make this so much more special. And what did I give up to buy the game and the kit? AC/DC Premium that I lost $1000 on. Yes, that's how excited I am about it.

#10 10 years ago

I guess I'm wondering when we will get details about buying the Color (or Colour) screen. I'd really like to know if this will delay the shipping date or not as well. I asked on the forum, but it hasn't been responded to.

I'd also like to know where they are in the ruleset right now. I know that people can be a pain, but I would feel a lot better about a delay if I knew it was because something wasn't working properly and they were close or not.

The BBB project had an issue where someone was running back to Williams at the first sign of anything Williams going into the game. Capcom was very careful to design everything from scratch. Because of that, information stopped flowing to the buyers. I took two trips and interviewed Gene Cunningham and released parts of the video to keep people happy. I used parts of it in Pins And Vids III but the BBB buyers were able to download more of it, or let's say an uncut version.

That helped until we finally decided to lock down the forum to prevent outside influences from trying to ruin the project.

The delay over a coil bobbin with a Williams part number on it may have added 6 months to the project.

Anyway, BOP 2.0 will ROCK!!!

#11 10 years ago

Still haven't heard anything about the cost of the Color screen. Any word as to when/if we can pre-order it?

1 week later
#12 10 years ago

So the Pre-Orders are on hold while they work out Licensing issues. Am I the only one that's worried that this will de-rail the project?

#15 10 years ago

Cougar's been quiet lately as well. Very quiet!

1 week later
#23 10 years ago

OK, so Dutch Pinball announced TBL and they are shipping the games bought in the US from a US location. Can our kits be shipped that way as well?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey Brad,
Who said we were having "licensing issues"? We are just in the final stages of the license agreement with the respected companies. This is a very common thing for the licensors to approve the final design of a product that contains their IP. Nothing to worry about. We were just being respectful and stopping pre-orders until we get the final word from the companies.
Hope that makes sense.
Thanks,
--Scott

You make it sound like a good thing... <grin>

I'm OK with a delay, I'm working on my BOP to get it ready for the kit.

#34 10 years ago

I asked this on the DP Forum, but got no response.

So the DIY audio people like myself would love to know some specs so we can prepare for the kit's arrival:

1) What size speaker is the speaker panel set up for?
2) Does the computer being used have a digital out or is it analog only?
3) Are there audio controls already built into the software or will the amp we install have to do all of it?

Feel free to elaborate.

Thanks!

#37 10 years ago

If I remember correctly, the audio package was also optional. I'm working out an inexpensive audio system for my game. If anyone would like to collaborate on it, please let me know.

I'm going to try this as an amp:
ebay.com link: ws

And I see that our local Fry's has Polk 10" powered subwoofers for $80 in this week's ad.

I need to come up with an audio system for a pinball machine anyway so it's a good experiment anyway.

Now for the main speakers...

#39 10 years ago

How much was the Audio kit? I forget and the order page is still down. At the time, I figured it was one less thing that had to be shipped from The Netherlands...

2 months later
#49 10 years ago

Figured I'd revitalize this thread:

DUTCH PINBALL PARTNERS WITH PLANETARY PINBALL AS GLOBAL LICENSEE OF THE MACHINE: BRIDE OF PIN•BOT™ TO PRODUCE BRIDE OF PIN•BOT 2.0.

REUVER, THE NETHERLANDS, March 28, 2014 — Dutch Pinball is partnering with Planetary Pinball Supply, Inc. (PPS) as the licensee for The Machine; Bride of Pin•Bot™ for the exclusive global production of Bride of Pinbot 2.0™. The joint announcement is made by Barry Driessen of Dutch Pinball and Rick Bartlett of PPS.

The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot was released by Williams in 1991 as the second game in the Pin•Bot series. Over 8,000 pinball machines were produced and sold. The new conversion kit is built upon a new control system, and can be optionally equipped with a color display and high fidelity speaker set.

The Bride of Pinbot 2.0 game conversion kit brings players a brand new gaming experience with a completely revamped rules sheet, full stereo music and sound effects, and 3-D DMD animations, but honors the spirit of the classic game in terms of visuals and sounds. According to Barry Driessen of Dutch Pinball, “As huge fans of the original Bride, we wanted our upgrade kit to stay true to the original. We’ve incorporated the original game into the software and were even fortunate enough to have Stephanie Rogers, the original voice of The Machine, record the new callouts for the upgrade kit.”

Rick Bartlett of PPS added, “The Dutch Pinball team have worked with PPS and in turn we have worked with WMS resulting in an official way to extend the rules and features of existing WMS games while keeping the originality, which opens up another new chapter in making pinball more fun for everyone.”

Preorders for Bride of Pinbot 2.0 are now available at http://www.dutchpinball.com.
The kit will ship in the second quarter of 2014.

#51 10 years ago

I agree. I've asked privately and publicly and it's a lot of silence.

#52 10 years ago

I'm wondering if it's still going to be a P-Roc and a PC or not...

#63 10 years ago

The only reason I asked was that since PPS has their own board system and the two companies are working together, that there might be a change. Personally, I'm a huge fan of P-ROC and I feel as though the entire pinball industry has been changed by its creation (Thank you Gerry). I'd like nothing more than for BOP 2.0 be released on P-ROC.

#64 10 years ago

I have been assured that BOP 2.0 will be P-ROC. This makes me very happy! And, my machine is ready! I really hope it's done in time for the Atlanta show (http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/). I've been promised a really good location to showcase it if it's ready!

2 weeks later
#69 10 years ago

I was really happy to get that message as well. It has been pretty quiet lately.

-Al-

2 months later
#86 9 years ago

I have been poking them in the background for an update. I'm extremely excited, especially after selling 12 of my pins and only keeping 4 (this being one of them).

BOP 2.0!!!

#88 9 years ago

Really Excited - I'm just hoping that the sound system I bought to put in it works as well as I hope. We shall see!

1 month later
#89 9 years ago

Barry just posted this on the Dutch Pinball Forum:

Hey guys,

We will send an update in a couple of days. Including some pictures of some of the parts which have been specially produced for our product.

Thanks,
Barry

I (and others) have been asking him for an update.

-Al-

1 week later
#101 9 years ago

Pics are great, but it really doesn't show progress. The thing that matters is whether the code and colorized graphics are done and so far, we have had no updates since last year's pinball expo. Not sure why they can't let us know where it's at.

#103 9 years ago

Brad - you and I have been through this before, yet, it was better some how...

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

New company and all that though, plus they got all "official" with PPS.. wonder if there's a lot of review process now with Rick and/or Williams for their new stuff?

I don't think there's any more approvals required, but then I don't really know. Like you, I hope they are just tweaking the code and aren't waiting for speaker panels to be manufactured...

2 weeks later
#115 9 years ago

I e-mailed Barry and he wrote back and told me that the pre-Expo ship date that 85Vette posted above looks good and that things are on course for that to be a reality. I feel a lot better now.

2 weeks later
#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

There was a post on the DP forum saying that kits may start shipping today. Anyone hear anything more on this?

No but it said "Oktober 3th" and didn't specify a "Year" so it's anybody's guess...

1 week later
#119 9 years ago

Barry sent this out last week:

I know you are all waiting anxiously for an update, so here it is.

We had difficulty in acquiring two very important components for the kits, but as of today, all of the parts are now in our HQ in The Netherlands for building the EU kits, and nearly all of the parts for our US (and Canadian) customers are in our US office.

One of the two components was paid several months ago, but not delivered until last week – despite repeated emails. The final item that we need to have delivered to the US is the PC’s. The ones we originally chose couldn't be sourced in the US, so we’re shipping the PCs from Europe,

We really tried to get the kits out before Pinball Expo, but unfortunately we won't make it. We were very busy with finalizing everything to make it happen and of course we also had some extremely busy weeks preparing the Lebowski prototypes for Expo.

image-423.jpgimage-423.jpgimage-2.jpgimage-2.jpgimage-647.jpgimage-647.jpgimage-620.jpgimage-620.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

After Expo, our #1 priority will be finishing the BoP kits. As you can see in the pictures above, it's just a matter of putting them together and shipping them .

The first EU kits will ship within two weeks after we get back from Expo (We will be back on 10/21/14).

We really apologize for the unexpected delay, and have added some cool DP extras as a thanks for your patience.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

Best regards,

Barry
Dutch Pinball

2 weeks later
#146 9 years ago

The first person that gets a box in the mail needs to put pictures up!

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

what if we pick it up?

Then pictures apply as well!

1 week later
#164 9 years ago

As a person that bought a BBB "Back in the day", I can tell you that people just reach a breaking point with a long wait like this. I do feel that DP needs to communicate better about where they are. If we were told by them that they are packing boxes in IL and The Netherlands, we would be a lot happier. I really wish they would communicate with us better. Being told to wait, is a lot better than all of the speculation that happens when you get people on a forum talking about it.

#168 9 years ago

Barry announced in the "Pre-Order Thread" that they are working through the problems that their test installer has had and are working out the problems. This brings up a concern I've had. I've seen a lot of hacks over the years on pins. Some of which worked just fine but would change what a future kit would expect. When I shop a pin, the first step I take is to replace any connectors and pins that have even the slightest sign of damage. I'm hoping that we don't see a lot of this when installing our kits. I'm guessing that the machines that are the most correct will have a better installation experience.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

yeah and can be hard to notice too. I was noticing on my NGG buzz was having problems going down. When I got in there, I found the wrong coil #, wrong coil stop on both Buzz and Bud, and a piece of coil sleeve used as a spacer on the wrong coil. I'm fixing all that this weekend... but yeah, I could of gone years without finding that, and some new software might be tuned slightly different on the timings where the old hacks don't work (as they were hacked just until "good enough" to make the old software happy). so, yes, potential is out there.

I owned my HS2 for 16 years before I found that the ball diverter on the supercharger had it's outer coil removed and the wire was disconnected. I replaced the coil and the diverter worked totally differently.

3 weeks later
#185 9 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

Funny. From work, if I click on the dutchpinball link, it's blocked..
URL Categories: Malicious Sites
Policy: Block URLs With Bad Reputation
Made me smile, I guess I shouldn't be trying to read their forum from the office

Curious as to what is blocking you. I use FortiNet web filters and I can get right through (I'm the IT engineer but I still block myself).

#188 9 years ago

Indicators say U.S. = Soon...

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Now is this "Netherlands soon" or "US of A soon?"

As far as I know, most of the EU kits have been shipped. So...

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

Got mine yesterday, installing today! Pictures to follow

Cool - Was it shipped from IL, USA?

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

They shipped it directly from the Netherlands to Canada

Ahhh, I figured that since Canada is a suburb of the U.S. they might have shipped it from here.

Cool! Let us know how it goes.

1 month later
#282 9 years ago

There's a note on the DP Forum that all of the US kits are assembled and will be shipped by Pinball Life in the next couple of days!

#342 9 years ago

Looks like mine will be here today. At least that's what it looks like from the tracking info. We'll see!

#345 9 years ago

I will be installing this weekend and shooting the install for our next (and last) Pins and Vids video. It'll take me a little longer to do because of that, but I hope to have it up this weekend.

#349 9 years ago

I only got one of my boxes. FedEx promises the other one will be here tomorrow. Still a little worrisome.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#354 9 years ago

So it got stranger... I got a package that was not addressed to me from "The Sports Authority". I called FedEx. I put it back on the porch. I had to go out for 2 Hours and when I got back, the right package was here. Crazy!

image-167.jpgimage-167.jpg

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Maybe 50% of your DP order got put on his porch! and they got swapped? Weird. Glad you are whole again.

I'm sorta thinking that too. It would suck that he got my computer and I got his jock strap!

Follow up (they lost it):

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

#434 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'm a bit too lazy to get out of bed as its only noon. But perhaps this is mine
image.jpg 61 KB

Maybe, where do you live? <grin>

#473 9 years ago

I got mine mostly installed yesterday. I videoed it and it took a lot longer. I have to clean up some of the wires still. Seems to play pretty well. My 1.0 experience would be categorized as "not perfect but certainly not unplayable". I like the kit, I just want them to get the metamorphosis back in. The 3-ball multiball was a blast and the new sound and graphics are awesome!

image-77.jpgimage-77.jpg
image-815.jpgimage-815.jpg

#474 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

BTW, how many of us 2.0 owners are there so far?

I added a poll to help figure this out.

-Al-

#477 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Had my huge super bowl party so I was afraid to try to put Bride 2.0 together before the game. My kit went to my old address and the people at my old address were nice enough to update FedEx with my new address so my kit arrived Friday instead of Wednesday. That was a surprise.
I am thinking I will try to install it tonight, if I am not still hung over.

It took me about four hours to put it in, but honestly, it would have taken under two if I wasn't videoing it. I use a tripod and lights and stuff when I do it. I was done at 5:00pm and we played a game of both original and 2.0 and cooked dinner and watched the game. Went down after the game and played a few more games. Pretty cool. I'm going to install the Beta code tonight.

#478 9 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

That'll only catch those who are actually on pinside, and are reading this thread. Sometimes we think pinside is the world, but I'd guess there are a lot of folks with 2.0 who never even heard of pinside...
Guess it'll be interesting to see though

I agree, although people who frequent Pinside seem to believe it, the Pinball world is much larger than just Pinside. I figured it's better than no poll. We'll see how many Pinsiders bought in at least.

#484 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I think he's talking about the code.

Yes, the code is incomplete but they are actually still working on it and we're seeing changes. Some modes need to be added but it's a totally different game with the kit installed but it's not done and I guessed that some people might wait for it to be completed or more complete before purchasing.

Not to be rude, but adding a "I'm not buying it" option on the poll just isn't positive enough for an "Owners Club Thread". "Ain't nobody got time for that"!

#486 9 years ago

I installed the Beta code last night. Initial impressions are very good. I noticed that the original code would miss my Heartbeat Ramp shots from time to time and now, it's getting it all the time. I didn't have a lot of time to play last night but it feels a lot more solid.

#487 9 years ago

One thing that is going to take time for me to get used to is that the game HAS to be powered on and off via the switch. Because there is a PC in there, DP included a rather ingenious little board that shuts the PC down properly after the power switch is hit. This, of course is defeated by my wall switch. If you power down via a wall switch (my whole arcade is wired to 8 wall switches) when Windows comes up on the game, it has to deal with the improper shutdown. So, always power the game down via the power button. If you don't like having your monitor and amp on while the machine is shut down, you can try an intelligent power strip like a Belkin Conserve to turn them off after the PC is shut down.

#499 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Awarner - One question though for you and I think I know already but want to make sure. If the game is shut down and I then turn the power off to the game via a wall switch (or just unplug it) will it remember it's settings? I noticed that the board with the batteries is removed but I'm assuming the settings are saved in the CPU hard drive now though.

Although it's already been said, yes, your settings are safe. The power for the PC, monitor and amp are on the power strip plugged into the service outlet which is always powered, even if the game's switch is off. So, if the game is plugged in but the switch is off, the Amp, and Monitor are on and doing nothing. I have all of my games on wall switches and I normally turn them off and on that way. If I do that to this, the PC doesn't shut down properly so it doesn't restart properly either. The intelligent power strip will sense that the PC is down and shut off the display and amp, but it'll still have to be shut down at the button.

Incidentally, When I built my VectorMAME machine, I used DOS so it wouldn't care when I shut it down. I'm sure that wasn't an option for BOP 2.0 though...

#503 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Are there any expected long-term disadvantages to having the monitor and amp on continuously, and if so can someone provide a link to this smart power strip?

This is the one I ordered but have not implemented yet:

http://belkin.factoryoutletstore.com/details/111564/belkin-f7c007.html?category_id=55707

I'll plug the PC into the Green Outlet.

Also, I used my own amp and speakers so I don't think the amp will turn itself off.

#528 9 years ago

I've probably said this in this thread before, but when checking switches, always test with a ball. Your finger can activate switches with more force than a ball.

1 week later
#622 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Ok... I'm going to ask the dumb question. With Internet added, does this add any risk of getting a virus on the computer? Also, is the computer set up to not automatically install updates? I know on my mame cab auto updates (especially drivers) have made a mess of things.

Any computer on the internet has the potential to be compromised. That said, it's not being used to browse the web or used to get e-mail. Those are the two main vulnerabilities for general use computers. I personally think we should be fine.

1 week later
#634 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

1.092 beta is releasing now, check the DP forums for info.

Includes a fix for the bug that Korn found and the ability to run BOP 1.0 L6 ROM. Good stuff!

#680 9 years ago

How many people have "Fully" installed the kit? By fully, I mean that you could fold the head down, take off the legs and transport your game without anything falling around in there. I still have a few loose ends to tend to like wiring and the amp not being secure. I have everything I need to do it, I just haven't found the time.

#686 9 years ago

I did get some 1" tubing to have the cable run through when the head is down so there isn't a bunch of random wires. My game will be going to shows from time to time so I have to make it look decent.

3 weeks later
#702 9 years ago
Quoted from PromoJoe23:

OK I've read a lot of posts about 2.0 and really just have one question...is it really worth the money to buy the conversion. I've been on the fence for awhile and would love to hear your opinions. Thanks!

As an owner, I'd say maybe. What code has been delivered is incredible. It totally changes the game. It's just really incomplete. The head doesn't work so there's no bride building. Only the modes for the small wheel are implemented (but they are really well done). There's a 3 ball multiball now as well. Like I said, what's there is really good and the color graphics and incredible sound are great. You have to decide whether it's right for you. You'll have to be patient if you do go for it while updates are released.

#705 9 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

As the lucky guy that put the pinmame build together for this project, I'm curious what issues you're seeing as nothing has been passed my way. I know some folks have commented on the sound quality but that's unlikely to improve. If there are other things, have they been reported to DP?

I think the sound is what bothers people the most. Overall, it plays pretty well in 1.0 mode. The fact that we've upgraded the sound system makes the 1.0 sound a lot worse now. The fact that the L-6 ROM has been implemented was a positive as well. It's just not 100% of what it was I guess.

#708 9 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

the 2 above posts is mostly why i havent gotten 2.0. why would i want to compromise anything for that kind of money ?

That's in 1.0 mode. When they get the bride building in the 2.0 code, most people will never play 1.0 that much. At least I know I won't.

I'd like to add that while it was an expensive kit, I think it was totally worth it to me. It's a whole new game with a color screen and incredible sounds. The rules aren't done but I love the stuff that is there. I'm happy with my purchase. There is a video mode coming soon, that will be interesting!

2 weeks later
#713 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Just recieved a mirrored backglass to replace the Translite from CPR.
Looks absolutely incredible

I have one of these for sale if anyone wants to save some money. PM me.

Thanks,

-Al-

#717 9 years ago

Other than the sound quality of PinBot being muffled, mine plays pretty much normal. The Bride sound quality is better than PinBot but still not as good as original. To be honest, If they get the "Build-the-Bride" feature in there, I'll really have no reason to play the original anymore. BOP 2.0 is just too good!

1 week later
#718 9 years ago

The Korn released a video of the new "Video Game" mode that will be added to BOP 2.0. In addition, Scott D. will be selling a board that will cut power to the flippers so when you go into video mode,the flippers stay quiet. Check out the video here: https://vimeo.com/125148018

Also, when you watch the video, look at the upper left of the screen. That's the Tilt cam. A webcam is in the game to let you know you're shaking it too much. How cool is that?

#724 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm sorry to be negative here but that video mode looks really boring. Where is the challenge? It needs to move much faster and have some way to lose the video mode for that to be worth while. I also don't understand the graphics. Shouldn't it be a shuttle that is flying through space?
I understand that is still alpha code but if this is remotely close to what it will be I would prefer they scrap it all together and focus more on adding more modes as that doesn't seem to add anything to the game.
Hope I'm wrong though.

I disagree, it's a little slow, but it reminds me of a game I played years ago that was similar to Q-Bert in that you had to change the squares without jumping off the edge. I like it. I agree that it needs more relevance to BOP but I'm glad there is new stuff like this coming.

#727 9 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

It's faster the 2nd time through and probably even faster 3rd and subsequent times.
BTW, I sent my deposit to Barry on Wednesday, and I'm exited to join the club, just as soon as I get my kit and...oh yeah, a Bride of Pinbot!

Welcome aboard! It's been a little bit rocky but it's settled in and we're enjoying the updates as they happen.

It's really a whole new game now. I'm glad I got it.

#728 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have BOP and am thinking about 2.0 but that video mode looks pretty lame if you ask me. Why do they have a car? Why don't they have the Shuttle flying through space shooting astroids while dodging something. Just sayin.

Dude, this is Alpha code! Chillax!

#729 9 years ago

With all of the negative comments, it's probably best not to post stuff like this. I won't make this mistake again.

#732 9 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

The car is the same car as in the Return To Base mode, which is the car on the translite of the game. We figured the shuttle had enough on screen time as is. The Shuttle and the Brides boots do show up as landmarks across the levels.
The difficulty ramps up over the six levels, level 1 is just getting used to the mechanics, and has been sped up a little based on MGC feedback. In later levels "reverse" pads are introduced which adds a puzzle element to this videomode. Also bases on MGC feedback we removed the extra lifes by default, now you can earn them by shooting the miniplayfield while videomode is already lit.
Users will be able to create brand new levels, share them with other users, and select which levels to load into your game, all via the Live page.
If after all this you still don't like it, it can be disabled in the service menu.
Have a good weekend guys, I will distribute a beta update later today.
- Koen

YAY!!!! Thanks Koen! Nice to know it can be disabled for the people that don't like it. I for one am looking forward to it. My game is going to the Allentown and Atlanta shows so it'll get some play for sure!

#734 9 years ago

Beta Testers - Check your e-mail!!!

#736 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have the bg also and it's beautiful.

OT: I still have one for sale for $200 shipped/insured to the 48 states and includes lift channel and surround protection. Shipped in original box and was only in my game for 45 minutes. PM to buy.

Thanks,

-Al-

#746 9 years ago

I REALLY like the VideoMode! Only got it once but it's very cool. DP keeps making this kit more and more valuable. Thanks!

#747 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

OT: I still have one for sale for $200 shipped/insured to the 48 states and includes lift channel and surround protection. Shipped in original box and was only in my game for 45 minutes. PM to buy.
Thanks,
-Al-

The BG has been sold! Thanks!

#781 9 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I just got a response from Barry that they are close to their goal of 25 to build the next batch of kits.

I wonder how many there are out there now? I don't care about exclusivity, I'm more wondering how many people are enjoying this ride with us. Just a reminder, mine will be at the Allentown and SFGE (Atlanta) shows for people to play (not for sale). I'm really hoping my flipper board gets here today as the post office says so I can install it tonight and in time for the show.

#814 9 years ago

I got my Flipper Board from Scott last Friday and installed it on Saturday. It works really well. If anyone hasn't looked at Scott's page, it is a daughter board that goes in-line with the coin door board. You remove a cable from the coin door board and put this board on the pins then plug the cable into this board. There is another connector on the new board that you connect to the included "2nd Flipper Switches". These switches mount next to your existing flipper switches and are activated when you press the button. When you go into video mode the new switches are what's controlling the game. It took under an hour to install it. Considering what's included, it's a bargain! Come see it work at the Allentown show next week and at the Atlanta "Southern Fried Gameroom Expo" in June.

#830 8 years ago

Reminder: If you'll be anywhere near Allentown, PA this weekend, My BOP 2.0 will be in the Free-Play area. It has the flipper board and current Beta software. Come on by and play some!

1 week later
#849 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When will the new code be public?

Anyone can be a Beta tester so go sign up on the DP forum. Then you'll have whatever code comes out.

#852 8 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

If you are on the beta list, you will get an email when a new beta is out to test. If you are not on the beta list you will only get emails when a new public release is out. You don't get them from the forum.

But info on signing up for beta is on the forum. And as Calvin12 said, you'll get emails about the updates. And, updates will be coming via direct download soon so as long as your game is connected to the internet, you won't even need a USB drive to get the updates.

#860 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look - the people making things like BOP 2.0 are geniuses, IMO - but I hope they realize some of us are computer-dumb. I need as user-friendly as possible...I can follow directions (I installed BOP 2.0!) ...are there instructions or a tutorial showing how to set up the internet functions on this thing for dummies?

Unfortunately, some of the cooler parts of this mod are dependent on getting connected to the internet and it's a Windows 7 PC. Windows 7 is one of the easier machines to connect to the internet and I think that there is definitely a YouTube video you could use to help you (look for Windows 7 and WiFi)

I found this one:

An explanation on how to break out of the BOP 2.0 software is at:
http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44

If you want the added features, you're going to have to do some learning. You'll be better off for it! It's like pinball maintenance or repairs, ya gotta dig in and get your hands dirty!

#866 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I can't imagine Lebowski will make you boot into PC mode to get certain features. Any time I've ever tried to use a PC as instructed, it breaks or does completely illogical things. We just weren't meant to be.
I just hope all software updates become available thru USB update and all features are made available thru game menus.

Yeah - about that, updates are about to come out over the internet only soon. It's one of the new features. Good thing is, once you get connected, it should be easy.

#878 8 years ago

I respect you guys that are staying off-line but you're missing out on some fun stuff (like editing your own levels in video mode). I wanted to put my game on-line during the Allentown show but I just didn't have time. I do plan to try and get it working for the Atlanta show. I can't wait to see what happens when I set it up this weekend and all of the Allentown show data flows onto the website. I have a PDF of the before so it should be interesting.

#880 8 years ago
Quoted from TheKorn:

Hmmm, wonder which smart guy made that and sent it to you?

I never underestimate the genius of "The Korn"!

#883 8 years ago

I'm copying this from the Allentown Regrets topic because it's something BOP 2.0 related - sorta...

I regret knocking over the backglass/translite for my BOP 2.0 on Friday morning shattering the clear glass all over floor. Then cutting my hand trying to get the glass out of the plastic channel with my key instead of just getting a screwdriver to do it and then bleeding all over everything. I am glad that new glass was available for $20.00 but my hand kinda hurt most of the rest of the day. And I regret not having a first-aid kit in the minivan.

I also regret bringing my topper because it got damaged in transit. A lot of people commented on it though - they really liked it). I even had a guy call me last week to ask me about the topper and BOP 2.0. He has a BOP and knew nothing about the kit. He's not on-line at all - he got my number from the game's info card. He was curious about just adding the color screen and I explained that you need to put more than just the screen on. The price seemed to put him off as well since he only paid $800 for his BOP. I tried to explain that it was a new game, and the cool connected features, but it was lost in technobabble. I think he'll buy a Laseriffic topper for sure...

IMG_6002.JPGIMG_6002.JPG

#895 8 years ago
Quoted from JHS:

Hi guys,
Greetings from Sweden. Been hanging around this place a very long time now (since before DP reveled their plans for BOP 2.0) so i thought it was time for me to register.
Got my BOP2.0 installed in December, and i really enjoy it!
Cheers!
//Johan

Welcome Johan! Glad you're part of the group!

#897 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'm copying this from the Allentown Regrets topic because it's something BOP 2.0 related - sorta...
I also regret bringing my topper because it got damaged in transit. A lot of people commented on it though - they really liked it). I even had a guy call me last week to ask me about the topper and BOP 2.0.

So I wrote Joe at Laserrific and he's making me a new bride topper (just the bride, not the back or lights) for a real reasonable price. It velcros on so I'll have the broken one to take to shows and a perfect one for home. I sorta fixed the broken one and it's not too terrible so it'll be OK for shows. Come see it at the Atlanta show.

1 week later
#915 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Huh? With the 2.0 kit you don't build the Bride? The metamorphosis, if you will, isn't integrated in the 2.0 software??? Im looking at ordering the 2.0 kit and never knew this. How is the brides head integrated in 2.0 version?
What does it all mean Basil?

It means that the head integration hasn't been developed yet. We're told it's coming. I'm sure it is, it's just taking a while. The comment here is that it needs to be the next thing they do and I think a lot of people agree.

#918 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you want some Metamorphosis action, switch over to 1.0 for a bit.

I agree and to be truthful, 2.0 is NOTHING like 1.0. The sound and DMD makes it a totally different game. There is already a lot to get to including a videomode and two three-ball multiballs. If you're worried it might be too hard, that's the wrong attitude. It's more of a challenge. It's something to beat. And don't forget, the on-line portion of this game is like no other. You get trophies and stuff like you get in video games and your scores can be shared with the world. You also can edit your own levels of the videomode. It's totally cool. I sold all but 4 of my 18 pingames last year, this was one of them.

2 weeks later
#926 8 years ago

I hadn't done the last update yet, I had downloaded it but I didn't put it on a USB drive. I was showing some friends the menu system and there it was: Download from Internet. I did it and in a few minutes I was up to date. Too cool!

#932 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Where did you see download version from Internet?
you can select the order of the video modes in the online settings.
DP provided 1-10 I think.
You can also select users custom made levels or make your own.

I had successfully installed the 1.11 (that others could not for one reason or another). I think that 1.12 was the same but it fixed the installer problem. All I really did was get the number current but it was there on the update menu.

1 week later
#936 8 years ago

I took my game to the Southern Fried Gameroom Expo and Ben Heck seemed to really enjoy it!

I haven't had the chance to set it up to get any stats. People really seemed to enjoy the game and they were curious about how it was put together so I showed off the inner workings as well (from time to time).

image.jpgimage.jpg

2 weeks later
#938 8 years ago

Time to start a rumor. I've heard that the Big Wheel modes are nearing completion. I don't know what this means about the metamorphosis, but it's been quiet for a while and I thought I'd stir the pot a bit.

#939 8 years ago

From the Dutch Pinball Website:

2nd Batch Order

We are about to build the 2nd batch of the kits.
Production of the second batch will start on 08/01/2015.

Since we don't know if we ever make it to a third batch,
this might be your last chance to get a Bride of Pinbot 2.0 Upgrade kit.

#942 8 years ago

Barry just announced on the Dutch Pinball Forum that the final completed code for the game should be released by the end of this month. This is awesome news. It will include the "Metamorphosis"!!! Check it out at:

http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67&sid=6db2e8b6ecddae95b0bdf3a14b107f79

1 week later
#947 8 years ago

One more bump for anyone interested in a kit. The final update is coming. The 2nd batch of kits are about to be built. There are no worries about this project. Think about it, it wasn't finished and people who bought it AREN'T really complaining. Rush out now in a buying frenzy! (that's an obscure reference - I'll send a rare pinball collectible to anyone that can tell me what 70's video that line was in).

#952 8 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Ha! I loved the Monkees. That's from Micheal Nesmith Live at the Palais.
» YouTube video

Close enough - Elephant Parts (fake ad for "LIve at the Palais"). Still wins a prize! PM me your address - I'm not kidding!

#953 8 years ago

Spilling the beans: A small group of "Pre Beta" testers are going through a special edition of the software to test the new features. This special edition doesn't play the small wheel modes or the first multiball so the new stuff can be tested. I have found at least one bug so far. This is going to be one of the best rulesets to come out in years (I'm not kidding). OK, back to testing...

#955 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Spill a few more beans!

I'd like to, but they want us to keep it quiet until it's all working well enough to go to the regular beta (essentially anyone who wants it). The graphics on the metamorphosis are stunning. There are new modes for all of the Big Wheel spots and a Billion mode. Most of the modes are combo shots or hit the flashing shot games. Not easy. The new ruleset really transforms this game. There are still some graphics and sounds missing but everything plays to some degree. It's Pre-Beta (Alpha) and essentially is only for testing. It's gonna be a blast when it's done! It is nice to know we're in the home stretch!

#958 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to this release as it sounds like the big wheel modes are a bit more creative (shot wise) than the small wheel modes.
I do hope that they make a way to lower the point value of the billion mode though. The billion shot is what really killed BOP 1.0 as it overwhelms the scoring which turned it into the one shot pony that people made it out to be. I like the idea of it but would much rather it be smaller point values to keep things more balanced. I'm sure I'm in the minority there though.

Truthfully - I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's at the end of the big wheel modes so I don't think the average player will be getting to it at all. It's going to take a super player to see it. This is really a tough game now. I like that!

#965 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

If anyone got to Billionaire club in a competition they deserve to win, and most likely will even if they fail at the mode.
It's the final wizard mode after all, not a random mode.

I can't imagine even the best player getting this far in a competition. It is REALLY hard. There is so much before it. Even with the glass off (how I'm testing) it takes a while to do.

Multiball two requires you to hit the heartbeat ramp, then immediately hit the shuttle ramp (in 5 seconds) to lock a ball. You have to do this 3 times! I have never done it in regular play. I'm not that good yet, I guess.

#971 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

what is required to get to metamorphosis ? how does it compare to the orignal ? cant wait to see this !

As of now, metamorphosis happens during second multiball. You light the various parts by sending two balls up the ramp and into the eyes right after each other (timed). After getting all of the parts, you eventually get back to one ball. Metomorphasis happens and you go into a timed wizard mode.

Graphics are awesome. Also, this is right now. It might change.

#974 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Has anyone seen any new plastics for Bride anywhere?

Contact Larry at http://www.starship-fantasy.com and see if he has any. Sometimes, they are just not on the website. Can't hurt!

#975 8 years ago

BOP 2.0 Beta testers - Check your e-mail NOW! Beta 1.13 is released. The game is now complete. Yeah Buddy!

#981 8 years ago

I'd also like to add that new kit owners should consider purchasing Scott's Auxiliary Flipper button kit. This kit disables the flippers in video mode (so when you're driving the car, the flippers aren't flipping every time you push the buttons). The kit is $45.00 and available here:

http://www.danesidesigns.com/products/aux-flipper-switch-hookup-board/

-Al-

#991 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I've got a BoP 2.0 kit from batch one. I opened the box and gazed at all the goodies and promptly packed it away. Now I'm moving away and it will be 2-3 year before I install it.
Can I accomplish a stand-alone software update to the Mini-PC? What's the minimum I need; the Mini-PC, a mouse, keyboard, monitor? Does anyone have suggestions to pass along?

I'd just be sure to keep downloading updates and buy a current USB thumb drive and put it away until you need to upgrade with it in the machine. Basically, don't update until you install but be prepared with what you need.

#995 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

I'm in the club also as I just sent in my full payment.
I'm really looking forward playing 2.0 once I get my new play field installed.
I'm thinking that BOP 2.0 deserves its own game designation here on Pinside so people can rank it separately from 1.0.
There are separate ratings for Stern's Pro models and LE/Prem so I don't see why 2.0 would be a problem.

I have asked Robin for this but nothing became of it. I'll ask again!

Thanks,

-Al-

#996 8 years ago

I just sent Robin a note, let's see what he says!

#1015 8 years ago

I asked Robin to create a new machine designation for Bride of Pinbot 2.0 and he is hesitant to do so. He feels that it will be confusing to people who go looking for machines. I respectfully argued that it is not just a MOD because the rules are drasticly different and most MODs don't affect gameplay like the kit does. He agreed that I should start a poll to allow everyone to vote to see how Pinside feels as a whole. Please take a moment to vote. I'd really like to see it have it's own designation and this really will be the only way.

#1019 8 years ago

Reminder: We have gotten a new machine designation for BOP 2.0. If you add this game to your collection, please remove the BOP 1.0 designation. Also, please consider rating it. 15 ratings will get us in the top 100 ranking.

3 weeks later
#1028 8 years ago

Any word on the next kit deliveries? A good friend of mine bought one and I'm looking forward to him installing it.

1 month later
#1086 8 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Lightning corrected. New background... Any thoughts?! I'm a little confused which one suits better... The old school one for nostalgic reasons, or the new one, that cries 'it's a whole new game!'?
Also added more purple... Thanks for the suggestion
image.jpg
image_1.jpg

I like the new background. These are new games (with old playfields). Let me know if you do anything!

1 month later
#1130 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

This was probably asked before, but how many have bought BoP2.0 and still have it sitting on a shelf awaiting installation?

Mine lasted 3 days... I couldn't wait!

1 month later
#1176 8 years ago

I'm going to redo my BOP 2.0 as well. I had Mayuh's artwork printed and it looks incredible. I got a set of Mike Chestnut chrome side rails but they are the WPC type, not the System 11 type because he can't plate those. I also have the lock-down bar in Chrome as well as the hinges.

I plan to shop the playfield again but this time put on the CPR plastics that have come in since I originally shopped it. Normally, I would be a year or two from shopping it, but it did attend two pinball shows last year and has picked up a lot of dirt. There is also a light out on the skill shot that is not the bulb.

It's gonna be awesome! I'll post pictures as soon as there are some.

-Al-

#1192 8 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

The computer is shut down via the shutdown board by Scott. Isn't that included in the new batch?

Yes, when you turn off the machine, the PC should start shutting itself down. Unfortunately, the monitor and possibly the sound system will not go off. I bought a Belkin power strip that detects that the computer is off and then turns off the monitor and audio amp. It works really well as long as you don't kill power from a wall switch.

#1199 8 years ago

Clay just installed a kit in the BOP at the Michigan Ann Arbor Pinball Museum. He will be having an open house in May. Also I'd like to welcome any new owners to the family. We're here for ya! And don't forget the Dutch Pinball forum as well.

And make sure you get those machines on WiFi for the internet. It opens them up to a whole new world!

-Al-

1 week later
#1242 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I've been working on a few things on my BOP. The apron drives me crazy how bad it clashes with the rest of the game. I think this really compliments the game. I'm having them printed on magnets or decals for easy installation and removal. The magnets are slick!

I'm interested in these as well. My machine is going to be taken apart this weekend for a cleaning and to start putting on new side art.

Keep me in the loop!

Thanks,

-Al-

#1252 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Man I'm out of the loop. Did someone end up selling that sweet cabinet art decal set ?

The artwork is available for you to print yourself. Read back through the posts.

#1281 8 years ago

Just thought I'd mention that BOP 2.0 Version 1.16 is in general availability now. Rush out now and download it!

#1290 8 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Just in case you haven't seen, Tom printed my design and applied it on his BoP. With the narrow wpc chrome siderails, it just looks gorgeous! A real beauty!

I have those same side rails for mine and have the printed art as well. All I have to do is install it all. Oh and the thin rails are required if you want chrome rails. Mike Chestnut said that it was impossible to chrome the original "System 11" rails.

I'm just troubled by sanding down my original cabinet. It has Magic Marker color added, but it's not terrible. Oh well, it's going to me AMAZING!

#1296 8 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Since it's stainless you can polish the siderails yourself really easily while they are still on the cabinet (and it won't ever turn). Just use sandpaper on an orbital sander. I think I went 400, 600, 800, 1200, 2000 and then rubbing compound and polishing compound. Like you would on a clearcoat playfield.
I still had Mike Chestnut do my lockdown bar and hinges, but I saved a couple hundred dollars.

Yes, this is what Mike told me as well. It does look real nice! Great job. Thanks for the update!

2 weeks later
#1353 8 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

As I am aware, the BoP 2.0 kit will replace the CPU board and display units, so I already sold those .
I am assuming, the audio and display driver boards will be replaced as well (by the computer)? If so, I can already remove them and try to sell them on. Just like the old speaker panel.

The only board you need from the original machine is the Driver board. The sound is not used and the CPU is not used. As for selling them, If I had another WPC machine from the same basic era (Early WPC-89), I would hold on to them as spares. I have a Doctor Who and those two are interchangeable. There is no Display or DMD driver on BOP since it was alphanumeric.

I also replaced my driver board with a RottenDog. Now all of the electronics are new.

#1373 8 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

It's pretty much done for the last 4 releases. Koen is working on unbalanced scoring (especially bonus and skillshot) the players reported.

I agree, if you were waiting for it to be finished; you're done waiting. Now it's just a super hard game with a huge ruleset (that's a good thing).

2 months later
#1437 8 years ago

I've started a separate thread for my BOP 2.0 Restore:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-restoration-creation

And this is TOTALLY due to living so close to Flake and seeing those pictures of her amazing cabinet. Inspiring!

#1440 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Where is everyone getting their updated cabinet decals at?
Also, would love to see what an updated translight could look like as well.

Mayuh will give anyone that wants them the artwork to have printed locally. That's what we've done.

4 weeks later
#1475 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Yep, rottendog doing well. Even better than the old one for the first batch of bop2.0s (where we had to replace the fuse)

I replaced my driver with the Rottondog about 6 months ago and it's been fine. I like knowing that ALL of the electronics are new now.

2 weeks later
#1480 7 years ago

My BOP 2.0 will be at The Southern Fried Gameroom Expo (http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com) next week. Unfortunately, the new cabinet I'm building for it will not. There's just too much to do to it to finish in time and I am bringing other games as well. It still plays pretty well (one light doesn't work and it's not a bulb problem). Hope to see some of you there!

Al

#1509 7 years ago

Just a note that my BOP 2.0 will be at The Southern Fried Gameroom Expo (http://SouthernFriedGameroomExpo.com) this weekend.

It almost didn't make it...

I'm building a new cabinet for it and I was moving some parts over to the new cabinet. I noticed that I wouldn't be able to complete it in time so I moved some parts back to the original cabinet. The Light board in the backbox got wired wrong and it locked on the coil that opens the gate on the ramp for the mini-playfield.

All sorted and the machine is ready to be packed tonight.

See you there!

#1512 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I can almost guarantee you the power cord will come of the lcd display in transport, it hangs downward and the cord weight pulled mine out when I brought it to the Seattle show this past weekend. I had a moment of panic when the display didn't come up before we could figure out what had happened. Just to give you a heads up!

Good Advice! I had the power cable for the computer too tight so it stripped the insulation off of it when I put the head down. I disconnected it and taped it up (after I tested it). So it won't boot until I reconnect it anyway. I'll check the power cord for the monitor then as well. Pics when it's set up.

2 weeks later
#1528 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Guys, could you help me decide, which one I should install in my machine?
I personally favorite the non shuttle one...

I like the 2nd one. It's more busy, but I like that!

#1540 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

This one is my favorite (until you slap me hard)
My thoughts on this one were: ok, she's done, pinbot sending her new energy... Go for it, girl!

I think this one is perfect! I wouldn't add the designers to the translite. They should be on the "Free Play Card" at the bottom. Just my opinion.

#1545 7 years ago

I may have said this before, but Python told a good friend of mine that when he died, he was going to Planet Pythonia. When I saw DP had called it Planet Python I asked them to change it and they did. I'm sure he's there now with "The Bride" drinking a cocktail. I know of two other references to Python IN a game. He's the Pinball Python on the backglass of Bad Cats and Pythos on a drop target in Big Bang Bar. Still miss him.

#1547 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

He's on this design too...

All I can say is Thank You! It means a lot to me!

My only regret will be that my existing Translite is signed by Python and John Trudeau. Python was in a bad mood the day when he signed it. Probably because I sent it with a friend to get signed and I didn't go myself. I think he called me an ass on it. I like it; It's genuine Python. I'll get it in a light box and hang it on the wall after I get a new one in there.

1 week later
#1561 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

They are at Pintastic this weekend.

So did anyone get "The Skinny" on whether kits are shipping soon or not?

#1567 7 years ago

Finally at the "Install new art" phase of my newly rebuilt cabinet. The head is from Addams Family and I plugged two of the "Lightning Holes" but not the center one so I can power the Laseriffic topper through it.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

And you might notice that some of the hardware is already installed but there are no bolt holes. I filled all of the external bolt holes (except the hinge) and replaced with screws. This means that the outside art will have no bolts. I also had a friend route the front edge for Chrome T-Moulding. Incidentally, I didn't copy the other poster who did that, it was already routed when he posted the pic. I saw it on a Stern High Roller Casino and thought it might be cool.

#1568 7 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Looks like my transilite now autographed by John Youssi and Jaap Nauta will stay on the game. Should have had John Trudeau sign as well but was working the Pintastic New England show free play room and was lucky to get the 2.

Mine is signed by John Trudeau and Python Anghelo so I'm thinking light box!

4 weeks later
#1613 7 years ago

I paid $3K for my game and the kit was ~$2K. I'm doing a new cabinet with new art plus lots of new parts for that cabinet like Chrome rails, hinges and lockdown (done by the fabulous Mike Chestnut). I'd never be able to get my money out of it. I kinda like that because it makes me want to keep it more. I'm also working on a Bally Strikes and Spares that I'll have at least $3K in when I'm done. No SandS is worth that. But it's for me so it's OK.

#1620 7 years ago

I heard the new "Welcome Back" callouts as well. Sounds good. I haven't seen any bugs yet, but I may not. I'm taking my machine apart this weekend for some refirbing. I'll post pics!

2 weeks later
#1641 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

AFAIK you just need the power board for BOP 2.0. MPU board can be sold / donated to someone.

If you have ANY other WPC-89 games, just keep the boards you pull out. They will come in handy. And yes, you only need your Driver board. The rest are replaced one way or another. I replaced my Driver board with a RottenDog. Now all of my electronics are new.

#1643 7 years ago

I like to call this "How I spent Labor Day 2016".

This is a Whitewater lower cabinet and I'm adapting it to work with my BOP 2.0. I put a new bottom in it and did bodywork on it to get it looking good. Painted the inner cabinet.
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

I put new ground braid in the cabinet. The head is from Addams Family so I filled two of the holes and left the center one to power the topper. I actually got the electronics in it but I haven't gotten any pictures yet.

I used a template I made to put the T-Nuts in the bottom to hold the transformer.

I got one side of the side art on, it went incredibly smooth. Better pictures when I get the other side and front done.

#1644 7 years ago

I finished the side art last night. It came out great. No new pictures until I get stuff moved around. Unfortunately, I'll be slowing a bit on this. Vacation and a trip to pick up a playfield are getting in the way. I did order some more parts yesterday. I needed a lot more Ground Braid then I bought. I also got some super chromed legs. I had already purchased other chrome parts for it from Mike Chestnut. That is going to make it extra special.

#1646 7 years ago

My BOP CPU ended up in Doctor Who and was put in during a show! Spare parts rule!

#1652 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

...looks like my 2.0 is the last one that wasn't shopped yet. Now I feel the pressure...

Shop that sucka! Since I'm doing the new cabinet and art, my playfield is getting a mini-shop in that it's on the rotisserie and getting the CPR plastics installed, replacing the originals. I didn't buy a new playfield because despite some damage I touched up, it's an original DiamondPlate with the extra yellow inserts. I try and work on it every day.

IMG_8733 (resized).JPGIMG_8733 (resized).JPG
IMG_8734 (resized).JPGIMG_8734 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#1681 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I got to play this for the first time tonight. Anyone that has a BOP without this kit is doing themselves a huge injustice. It is a fantastic 'mod' that is worth every penny. I was blown away by the animations and sounds. Truly a work of art. I was not in the hunt for a BOP before but it is definitely in my radar now. My compliments to the DP team that put this together. Bravo!

I agree with everything you said except calling it a MOD. It is not. "It's a whole new game!"

#1687 7 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Not this Scott, a different one.

Although "CougarScott" is an awesome guy and all... Just sayin'

#1688 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Technically I called it a 'mod' with half quotation mark thingy's around the word. My reasoning for this was because I failed to come up with a proper word that encapsulated it exactly.

I've been building a 2.0 machine with a ton of new parts and such. Side art, even cabinet design is being changed a bit. I'm using the best of what Williams did over the years but doing things like minimal external bolts on the cabinet and head and adding chrome. It's been a TON of work, but it's coming along. It will definitely be unique. And the "It's a Whole New Game" thing is a DP catch phrase.

1 week later
#1694 7 years ago

Cleaned the playfield, waxed it, cleaned the rubber. Yesterday, it got a new head motor and rollers un-seized and lubricated.
IMG_8928 (resized).JPGIMG_8928 (resized).JPG

All of the assemblies are ready to go with the new plastics:
IMG_8932 (resized).JPGIMG_8932 (resized).JPG

I had previously did the cabinet and last week got most of the cabinet assemblies installed:
IMG_8929 (resized).JPGIMG_8929 (resized).JPG
2.0 Additions in THIS picture...
IMG_8931 (resized).JPGIMG_8931 (resized).JPG
IMG_8930 (resized).JPGIMG_8930 (resized).JPG

Not rushing, but I'm getting there.

#1696 7 years ago

This is a bastard cabinet. A friend gave it to me. It's the bottom from a Whitewater and the head from an Addams family. The lower back was cut off of it so it could have it's bottom replaced. I did that and fixed the back and it looks pretty good. The bottom speaker is getting moved to... My side rails are for a WPC game so it will be consistent with WPC-89 cabinet style. Lots of chrome on this one. The TAF head HAD three holes in it but now it has one. That will let the cable for the topper go through. I got the bulk of the plastics on tonight. Now for Ramps and such. The playfield is an original DiamondPlate and I didn't want to change it.

#1712 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I see you bought a proto playfield. I sold my batch 1 playfield and just got a proto from batch 3. This is going to be a fun winter project!

Actually, it's an original DiamondPlate. It isn't perfect, but it is the original with the yellow inserts so it's definitely low production.

#1716 7 years ago

I got my playfield in the new cabinet last night. I was really worried because this is a Whitewater cabinet and I filled all of the unused holes but had to drill new ones for the playfield to mount. It actually worked out nicely.

IMG_8949 (resized).JPGIMG_8949 (resized).JPG

#1735 7 years ago

Thanks to Gerry and Scott for providing tech support for us here. We really appreciate you guys!

-Al-

#1736 7 years ago

I had a VERY productive weekend. I got the side rails on, head on, wiring completed, and up on it's legs. It's not playing yet, but it booted!

Still more work to do, but it's 90% there!

IMG_8969 (resized).JPGIMG_8969 (resized).JPG
IMG_8978 (resized).JPGIMG_8978 (resized).JPG
IMG_8979 (resized).JPGIMG_8979 (resized).JPG
IMG_8981 (resized).JPGIMG_8981 (resized).JPG
IMG_8980 (resized).JPGIMG_8980 (resized).JPG
IMG_8974 (resized).JPGIMG_8974 (resized).JPG
IMG_8972 (resized).JPGIMG_8972 (resized).JPG

#1738 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Anything special planned for the apron?

I was hoping that that guy would do the extended art but it didn't happen. The fact that there's no lower speaker or coin door is NOT a coincidence though...

#1741 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Custom air brushed coin door?

Actually, a 12" speaker as a coin door - But don't tell anyone, it's a secret!

#1745 7 years ago

So I found a fatal flaw in using a Whitewater lower cabinet. The pictures below will give it away...

IMG_8983 (resized).PNGIMG_8983 (resized).PNG IMG_8982 (resized).PNGIMG_8982 (resized).PNG

#1747 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

1/2 inch lower?

Yeah, the shooter goes right into the edge of the playfield. I HAVE a plan!

#1750 7 years ago

I was busy last night:

IMG_8984 (resized).JPGIMG_8984 (resized).JPG
IMG_8985 (resized).JPGIMG_8985 (resized).JPG
IMG_8987 (resized).JPGIMG_8987 (resized).JPG

It was a little scary using a jigsaw to cut the hole bigger. I used a Dremel sanding tool to smooth it out. It worked good.

#1751 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I know....a Ray Gun shooter handle, just pill the trigger to shoot the ball..

No, but I like the way you think!

#1753 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But you did it and it works. Is there anything you can do about that decal wrinkle around that bolt head?

Funny, but that bothered me as well. There is a small nick I got when cutting the hole and it wasn't really a big deal but last night, the playfield glass fell and put another mark in the front decal. I have a spare so after I finish the coin door, I'm going to strip the front decal, fill in the shooter hole, and put on the new decal.

I have too much invested to not do it right.

#1764 7 years ago

A couple of additions. Lit Start button and the coin door buttons are back.

IMG_8995 (resized).JPGIMG_8995 (resized).JPG
IMG_8993 (resized).JPGIMG_8993 (resized).JPG

#1767 7 years ago

Does anyone know if I need the "Coin door open" switch for the game to work properly? I know it doesn't cut power to the coils like it does in later WPC games. Does it do anything in BOP 2.0? You can see the wires hanging down in my picture above. Should I just connect them together?

#1770 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Did you drill the hole bigger for the lit start button or find one that fit the existing hole?

Believe it or not, the standard lit Start button works great. I got it from PinballLife. Powered by the coin door lights.

#1773 7 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Working on my 2.0 cabinet. Sanded cabinet down to wood. Primed and painted. Clear coated cabinet. Wet sanded cabinet. Applyed 2.0 decals. Did one light coat of clear and let it dry. Applyed 2 more coats of clear and wet sanded in between. Going to apply one more coat.

Wow! Looks AWESOME! Congrats on a what will be a beautiful game.

#1774 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Believe it or not, the standard lit Start button works great. I got it from PinballLife. Powered by the coin door lights.

Wait... Correction... This is a Whitewater lower cabinet. I don't know if it'll work on a standard BOP cabinet. My Bad...

#1788 7 years ago

I think you need to set the BIOS to Windows 7 instead of Windows 8. Did you do that? You'll need a USB keyboard.

From the Dutch Pinball Board:

Batch 3 (Cointaker) Startup Fix

Postby travisbmartin » October 16th, 2016, 12:03 pm
Hello everyone.

I just got my BoP kit in this weekend from Cointaker and installed it within a couple of hours. However, I had trouble with the PC booting up. It would begin to load the Dutch Pinball logo, but then it would reboot over and over again. But I figured out how to fix it.

Please not that you may have to take the LCD screen off the speaker panel to see what you are doing.

Using the LCD screen and a USB keyboard, turn on the mini PC
Press Delete key until you boot into the PC's BIOS Screen.
Press the Right Arrow key to go to the Chipset Page.
There is a setting here to pick between Windows 7, and Windows 8.1. Mine was preset on Windows 8.1, and I switched it to Windows 7.
Exit BIOS, saving your new settings.

The PC should boot all the way and show you the Program Select screen.

Hope this is helpful for everyone.

#1801 7 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

253 days, one rebuilt cabinet, too much money on powdercoating, and a new playfield later....

And "Trust Me" - She'll have another picture of this machine this weekend to put up...

#1816 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I've been working with cliff to make a repro. I'll check with him for an update

It would be a good idea for anyone who makes this to come up with an alternate mounting plan like tabs at the bottom for it to sit in. Removing the tray is VERY Difficult and when you put it back, almost impossible to put the screws back into. At least when it's in the game.

If someone redid it that way, I'd be talked into replacing my original.

#1820 7 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

super easy with a 1/4" magnetic nut driver

It bounces around and aligning holes you can't see makes it very difficult despite the nut driver.

#1822 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Now, I am really hoping that this kit holds up to some of the hype. However, I did purchase it without having played a BoP 2.0 so if I am disappointed, I have no one to blame but myself. Also, I've been really interested in getting a P-ROC system to see how they work and are configured, so at least, it is a good learning experience. For anyone curious, I have done a teardown of the kit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGI5yhQ8mP3CvvZBRU9gfJ2Lu_7IBL2iDl-Ul_2es4g/edit?usp=sharing. It is still a work in progress.

Interesting your analysis of the kit cost. Pinball Life did have the complete LCD assemblies until recently. So if we round up the cost to $1000.00 in parts maybe (considering that some of it is custom). That's $1000 for the software and profits.

Will you like the kit? I haven't met anyone who didn't find it to be anything less than awesome. It truly brings new life to an old game. I have a LOT of money in mine but I did it because I wanted to and because I was friends with Python. Only advice: Make sure all of the switches in your game and any other parts are working properly.

1 week later
#1853 7 years ago

My SSD drive in my BOP 2.0 died. I'm back up because of a great friend of mine. I'd suggest that every owner back up their BOP2 SSD. I posted all of the details on the Dutch Pinball Forum: http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=125

Don't wait like I did and find yourself without any options.

#1855 7 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Saw your post of the forum on DP and here on pinside - can you provide more details on how to back it up?

It was requested that a YouTube video be made on the DP forum and I can do that (I have a history of making such videos) so I'm thinking of showing the process of backing it up and then restoring to a new drive as proof that it works. I bought a new SSD drive yesterday because the one I used for the emergency was pretty old. I'm sure it'll be fine for a while but who knows how long?

Let me see if I can get it started tonight.

#1856 7 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Saw your post of the forum on DP and here on pinside - can you provide more details on how to back it up?

I'll give you a short list in the mean time.

1) Buy a USB thumb drive (or use one you have) that is 1MB in size or more, and an External hard drive that connects with a single USB cable (I use WD "My Passport") of any size over 60GB (most are 1-3TB).

2) Google "Clonezilla Live" and download it from the official site. There is also instructions on downloading a utility to put Clonezilla Live on the USB drive. Get that and follow the instructions to make a bootable USB thumb drive with Clonezilla Live on it.

3) With your game off and power connected to your game's computer, boot the computer with the thumb drive attached. You'll need a keyboard attached (mouse optional). You should probably unscrew the monitor from the frame as well. If it boots into Clonezilla Live, simply follow the prompts to backup the drive. It will tell you to plug in your external drive at some point in the process and the "home partition" should point to the external drive. There are instructions on the Clonezilla Live site to help you through.

4) If it boots to the BOP software, you'll have to update the BIOS in the computer to allow it to boot to the USB. I didn't do mine this way (YET) so I don't have info on what it takes. I will cover it in the video.

5) Allow Clonezilla to shutdown the computer at the end and disconnect the external drive and thumb drive. Put it back together and away you go.

#1859 7 years ago

You asked for it, You got it! Backing up (and restoring) your BOP 2.0 Hard Disk (SSD). Feel free to comment.

#1863 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I'm fine jumping through hoops on initial install. I'll probably install VNC on the system beforehand, I'm sure it's not too difficult. The challenge is that with things like backups as awarner describes is that you need access to the BIOS screen on bootup. I've done that with serial consoles, but no way that I know of doing that over a network (without a remote serial console device). This is why I mention the external screen; Sometimes you can get a PC to boot up and light up another screen instead (maybe just unplug the existing one and plug in a USB or other powered one).

Any HDMI monitor will plug into the computer so that's not a problem. It's only 4 1/4" screws for the existing monitor to come out and really you only NEED one backup copy. You might have noticed that I accidentally pulled the HDMI cable when I unplugged the USB cables but it's plugged back in for the closeup. The magic of Hollywood!

#1864 7 years ago

I didn't have to do this, but since I'm changing the front decal anyway, I'm doing some light body work:
IMG_9083 (resized).JPGIMG_9083 (resized).JPG

Added over 7 years ago: This was because I used a Whitewater cabinet. Still, I think I'll feel better knowing the hole is plugged. A little body filler and some sanding and a new decal and Sweeet!

1 week later
#1866 7 years ago

I got some work done on my game this past weekend. I finished moving the shooter hole. I had to move it because I used a Whitewater cabinet. Pay no attention to the 12" speaker sitting there. It has nothing to do with the missing coin door.

IMG_9093 (resized).JPGIMG_9093 (resized).JPG

IMG_9096 (resized).JPGIMG_9096 (resized).JPG

I also got rid of some wire clutter by re-pinning the power jumper and removing the connectors that don't plug into anything anymore. I Also attached the black tubes that ride up when the head is lowered.

IMG_9098 (resized).JPGIMG_9098 (resized).JPG

IMG_9097 (resized).JPGIMG_9097 (resized).JPG

#1868 7 years ago

I asked Robin to remove the Poll from this thread. It didn't matter anymore. Thanks for reading...

1 week later
#1876 7 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Is there anywhere I can read current code play rules?

As far as I know, only the flowchart: http://www.dutchpinball.com/files/PDF/BoP2.0_Rules_Logic_Diagram.pdf

Merry Christmas!

#1880 7 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

Merry Christmas to me!! It's finally here...

Congrats! Send some pics when you get it installed and be sure to check that all of your playfield switches are working properly. That's REALLY Important!

Merry Christmas!

#1882 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I've read though the 2.0 install manual, seems like a simple enough install and appears to be reversible if someone were so inclined. Aside from checking playfield switches, any other tips I should know about before 2.0'ing a BOP?

Pay attention to how to wire in the PRoc. It's easy to get it wrong on one of the connectors. Otherwise, the switches are really the only thing you really need to be sure of. And be sure to test the switches with a ball, not your finger. Your finger can press them further than a ball will. I know it's obvious, but it will alleviate a lot of frustration. Also, don't worry about mounting the amp and making all of the wiring pretty at first. Just get it playing and do that stuff later.

1 week later
#1885 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Thanks for the tips! I took the SSD out of the PC and am making a backup image now, I'll probably install the kit tomorrow and get it playing.

I can't upvote this post enough!

3 weeks later
#1906 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Anyone know what this is about?

I'd start by erasing some old updates if you have any. You can do it from the service menu. I'd also get a backup in case there's other problems with the OS brewing (your 2nd picture).

#1918 7 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Finally got my 2.0 "close to 100%" working but I have a couple switches that work in test but not in play. They work easy and do not seem misaligned or anything.
Anyone got any ideas - they seem to the be just the two right side switches behind the right sling shot.
My top pop bumper area sling shot switches do not trigger either - but the coil on the top sling sling shot works. I am hoping to adjust the switches....
Any other ideas?

Did you test with a ball, or your finger? Your finger can push them down further. Try a ball.

#1928 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone seen this before?

Yes, I had this a few times. Eventually, it DIDN'T WORK anymore and my system was CRASHED! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE follow my YouTube video and make a backup of your system ASAP! You don't want to be without a backup. The link is in a post in this thread.

1 week later
#1941 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm STILL running 1.09 software, and I'm finally trying to update. Apparently 1.09 did not have wifi update added yet, so I'm trying to install via USB. I follow the instructions on DP site, but nothing happens when I go to USB Update.
I downloaded a zip straight from one of their links without unzipping or putting in a sub-folder. If I go into windows on the BoP computer, Windows recognizes the zip file on the USB.
What am I doing wrong?

Try a lower number upgrade first. I think there was a a major upgrade you need to go to first then you can upgrade to current from there.

#1942 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Is anyone interested in a tutorial/PDF/instructions kinda thing on how to add a Lightshow (backboard) and shaker Arduino based mod to BoP2.0? If so, I will document my build and share it here. Costs for parts is around $120 (ymmv, depending what you already have around and what sources you have).
Goals are:
LEDs ws2812b, fading blue to violet and back, plus some light show depending where the ball hits switches (just like Rudy following the ball), shakermotor driven by the flashers and head motor.
Should be easy to build... and if I can do it, everyone can

I'd be glad to do a video if we can get together on how to make it.

1 week later
#1976 7 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I am thinking about buying a BOP 2.0 machine. With the TBL situation, does anyone worry about game code in the future?

I've been out of the loop, what is the TBL situation?

2 weeks later
#2011 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Is there a download link for 1.18? Looks like a considerable improvement over 1.16 - 1.17 being buggy.

Beta Only right now and there's a BIG bug in it right now so best to wait.

3 weeks later
#2054 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

1.19 just became available today!

You have to be at 1.16 or above to install it. This IS the one to have folks!

#2057 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

So, you're saying I have to have a 1.16 on before I can install 1.19?

Yes. 1.16 has to be installed first. This is a Delta (just the changes) update.

#2058 7 years ago

This is my current BOP 2.0 project add-on. Original design by "The Korn". Used with permission (and help). I just got the new hinge cut and attached to the frame, the door attaches tonight.

IMG_9754 (resized).JPGIMG_9754 (resized).JPG

#2060 7 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

Curious - does the new code happen to fix some of the audio bugs when playing the original BoP mode?

I haven't tried, but I don't think so.

#2069 7 years ago
Quoted from loriradford:

Where do you find the latest download? We just bought 2.0 and I love it. Thanks to Al & Flake for bringing their's to Southern Fried Gameroom Expo for us to play!!

http://www.dutchpinball.com/bride_of_pinbot_2.0_software

Also, if you get your machine on the internet, you can update that way as well.

#2072 7 years ago

Yes, I'm happy with it! Thanks to Vince G. and Paul K. for helping me with it.

IMG_9792 (resized).JPGIMG_9792 (resized).JPGIMG_9793 (resized).JPGIMG_9793 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2112 7 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

I have an issue where 2.0 works fine, but if you try to play the original the DMD is messed up during gameplay. It will start the original but the DMD almost looks zoomed in so that you cannot see the full score displays. Any ideas? Haven't had the time to read up on it yet. Thanks.

If you are not on 1.19 revision of software, that is the first thing you need to do. That *should* fix ya up.

#2121 7 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Oh man my 2.0 won't boot I accidentally touched my amp to my right sling coil while powered nooooooooooooo

I'd buy another computer - probably Amazon or eBay. Move the SSD into it and see if it boots to Windows outside the game. If not, I'll try and help you work it out.

What brand computer do you have (Zotac or Gigabyte)?

#2123 7 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Gigabyte... and thank you so much ordering new computer today

Cool - PM me if you can't get it working and I'll work with you directly (if you want).

#2132 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

The one part I couldn't source was the bracket used to mount the LCD display to the speaker panel. Looks like a standard part (the one in the kit has multiple unused mounting holes). I spent a while search, but just couldn't figure out what terms to use in google searches.

I think this is what was used on 1st generation kits:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4174

#2138 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Thanks! That is it.

Pinball Life distributed the first kits. I think they sourced the plate for that reason. They have a "Homebrew" section that includes stuff like this. I have also been working on a Homebrew(ish) project so that's why I saw it.

#2155 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Some time ago I bought a donor cab to re-decal, and then I was going to move the hardware into the new cab. The donor cab is a Jackbot, which seemed appropriate . I noticed however, that the shooter knob is mounted a little lower on this cab (just like the guy encountered who used a Whitewater cab). Instead of moving the hole an inch up, I thought I could also just hang the PF a little lower, So the hinges on the back go one inch lower as well. Would be as easy as getting modern style Williams PF hangers (https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-playfield-hanger-long/) right? It seems all WPC(95) games use this.
Is there a problem I am not seeing yet, with mounting the PF an inch deeper?

Just move the shooter rod up. A lot easier in the long run. I used a Whitewater cab and it was the same way. Pics below.

27CC4CA9-1946-4A66-B3FB-C7597C5AD7D8 (resized).jpeg27CC4CA9-1946-4A66-B3FB-C7597C5AD7D8 (resized).jpeg
053E0BE8-D139-404A-BAA9-28D8B57DC0C3 (resized).jpeg053E0BE8-D139-404A-BAA9-28D8B57DC0C3 (resized).jpeg
A2AD0D38-0E9B-4B25-8C49-21028921ABE9 (resized).jpegA2AD0D38-0E9B-4B25-8C49-21028921ABE9 (resized).jpeg
2419A46D-2C9C-43BA-83F7-FC847A9B4E9A (resized).jpeg2419A46D-2C9C-43BA-83F7-FC847A9B4E9A (resized).jpeg

#2156 6 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Went to update from 1.16 to 1.19 yesterday via USB update. Game wouldn't recognize the stick. Any ideas?

Try another USB drive. Can't do the Wi-Fi update?

1 week later
#2179 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I used a Kingston 120gig ssd. DP only used a 30gig ssd in the kits. My PC is a
Gigabyte but I'm sure the ssd's are the same in either pc.

Maybe not. Tho OS might not boot on the wrong type of computer because of the drivers installed. You'll definitely have to load new drivers if you cross machines. The size of the drive shouldn't matter for performance unless the new drive is slower than the original. The size is not like a spinning disk where larger is usually slower because of disk read time. The only thing you will have to do is expand the drive if you use an image backup.

#2188 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Why do people see the need to upgrade the SSD to one that's bigger? Does it help it perform any better?

Honestly, because it's easier to buy a bigger one now. Smaller SSDs can actually cost more than bigger ones. And it possibly will be faster. Kinda a no brainer.

1 week later
#2192 6 years ago

I'll have my BOP 2.0 at the Southern Fried Gameroom Expo again this year (June 9-11 - Atlanta, GA). She's in a new cabinet with the 10" speaker in the coin door. Come on by and play!

http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com

#2197 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

P.S. A recent point of discussion was the LCD or replacement thereof.
The new CoinTaker kits do not come with the original 1366x768 display. Or at least mine doesn't.
It's a 1920x1080.
I'm guessing it's the 1920x1080 15.6" that Pinball Life stock.

Update to the latest code, it has the fix for the resolution problem in it.

#2201 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Does anyone have any fixes to share re: the PC powering on automatically when the main power switch on the pinball machine is flipped?
Initially, the Danesi board which indicates state of power, PC and switches (P-ROC?) with the LEDs was taking nearly a minute to flip the power on to the PC, but the PC did boot automatically. I thought this length of time was faulty or incorrect.
Now it's flipping the power to the PC almost instantaneously, but the PC isn't turning on automatically. Only if you press the button to manually do it on the Danesi board, or the PC itself.
Engineer reckons the pulse time is too short.
Anyone any ideas? Is it fixable, or is the board faulty?

First, I'd ask Scott directly. But also, I've had a similar problem and my solution was to shut everything down, move the USB cables to different slots on the computer. Unplug the power cord from the computer and let it sit for a while. Plug the power back in and turn it back on. It's weird how it just seems to get out of sync with itself. I also have a Belkin power strip that detects when the computer is off and cuts power to the monitor and amp. Sometimes I've had to take that out of the loop. Since I replaced the failed SSD, it has been booting better overall.

3 months later
#2241 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Buy a new larger hard drive and clone your existing drive to it.
Put the original drive in secure storage and use the larger drive in your game.
Al's instructions here: » YouTube video

I'm glad to see that people use this. I got bit without a backup. Luckily, The Korn helped me out and saved me. Great community out there.

#2245 6 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I was wondering the same thing. I saved the image to an external drive as a backup. This was a long time ago and I don't even remember how I did it (the aforementioned TheKorn may have helped me), so at the very least I want to watch the above video and start over to make sure I have a good backup.

So here's the deal. The Image that you create with Clonezilla is the exact same size as the Source drive. What that means is that if you copy it to a bigger drive, it'll still show up as the smaller drive size. There are utilities that will allow you to expand it out to fill the new drive but that has to be done after the drive is back in the computer and booted. So if you just follow my instructions, your 60GB drive will still appear to be 40GB. If you back it up again, it'll still appear to be a 40GB drive (unless you expanded it). You obviously can't copy a larger image to a smaller drive.

I couldn't find a smaller SSD drive than 60GB and I don't care about the 20GB in unused space but if you do, you can try this to get it back: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771473(v=ws.11).aspx

But remember that your future drive will now have to be bigger than your new total space used.

1 month later
#2279 6 years ago

Mine is similar to Cheddar with the autosensing power strip:

The PC is plugged into the Master Outlet
The amp and monitor is plugged into the controlled outlet
On mine shutdown goes like this
I turn off the machine power at the switch
PC starts shutdown
PC completes shutdown and turns off
Power strip senses the PC is off and turns off amp and monitor

Quoted from Cheddar:

I use a different setup with an autosensing power strip.
The PC is plugged into always on power
The Monitor is plugged into the master outlet
The amp is plugged into the controlled outlet
On mine shutdown goes like this
I turn off the machine power at the switch
PC starts shutdown
PC completes shutdown and turns off
Monitor goes into power saving
Power strip senses the monitor is off and turns off amp
If the pc is not shutting down we need to find out why the startup/shutdown controller is not working

2 months later
#2340 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I haven’t opened my 2.0 kit yet, does the kit come with a translite or no?

No artwork other than the speaker panel is included. Have fun!

6 months later
#2403 5 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Many thanks to Koen for helping me get updated to the latest version!

Koen Rocks!!!

#2406 5 years ago

Koen has been supporting us since he has left. We really appreciate you Koen! That is why you rock!

1 week later
#2416 5 years ago

I met Ed Robertson of BNL a couple of weeks ago and some of you might know that a BOP 2.0 was in their video "Silverball". I asked him if he still played it and he told me that he needed some room so he sold it. He did tell me that he originally put the kit in himself and really liked it when he had it. Great guy and a LONG TIME Pinhead (longer than me and I'm at 23 years).

8 months later
#2483 5 years ago

As far as backup is concerned, I did a video about how to do an image backup with Clonezilla Live. My game had crashed and a friend had taken an image backup with Linux. I got my game restored with his help to a used SSD. Then I decided I wanted a new drive and shot the Clonezilla video while I did it.

It worked perfectly and I was able to prove that the backup was usable. It is free other than needing an external hard drive.

Also, the serial number for the software is on a sticker on the top of the drive. There is an easy to find file on the hard drive that also contains it. When I applied my friend’s image to my drive, I had to change that number.

Video is here:

#2487 5 years ago

I have secretly gone one step further with my “backup” and I bought another computer to have as a spare. I figure that all of the boards are replaceable since it’s just a WPC compatible P-ROC. The same(ish) computer might be hard to find in 10 years though. But no matter what method you take to get there, please get some sort of backup of your drive.

2 weeks later
#2506 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Where and what type of computer did you purchase?

I bought a similar Zotac to the one my kit came with. DP told me it would work on the DP forum.

3 years later
#3013 1 year ago
Quoted from JojoRice:

Should be joining the club in a couple weeks! Will also be my first time owning a pinball machine.

Cool! Just curious. Why start with this game? It's uber rare but not really the best pinball machine ever made. Also it could be difficult to source parts for it as time goes by. I'm only asking because I was involved with the team that built these years ago. I even made a documentary about it...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider awarner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only?tu=awarner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.