IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1756 Product info Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #1758 Availability update Posted by Fourbyracer (7 years ago)

Post #1788 Key workaround info Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #1859 How to backup your ssd drive for BOP 2.0 Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #2104 Betabrite installation notes Posted by mgpasman (7 years ago)

Post #2776 1.21 software update (improved 1.0 support) Posted by KoenHeltzel (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheNoTrashCougar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 10 years ago

I guess I am in too. Prototype #2 baby!
--Scott

#9 10 years ago

So what do we talk about in these threads, I think you all have asked me enough questions.
--Scott

2 weeks later
#18 10 years ago

Yes, progress is still being made. No worries guys.
--Scott

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Just got newsletter number 2 and they are including the color DMD with all paid orders at no extra charge. This is freaking awesome! Thank you BOP 2.0 team.
I should add they said that those that didn't order the DMD will have the option to add the color for DMD.
BOP 2.0 team - I saw the second part of the letter and couldn't help but feel guilty. I hope my comments about my nerves didn't cause you any issues. I've been a victim of identity thief once and fraud once and I've been extra careful since then and I get nervous quick with internet deals now. Again, I sincerely apologize if my post caused you challenges.

No worries at all. We just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of our current status.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I hope the extra I have to pay to get the Color DMD will be the same as I would have paid for the other one.

This is correct. We will be giving the option for you to upgrade to the Color DMD for the same cost as the LED DMD would have been. We feel this is a far superior technology and will not even be offering the standard DMD kits anymore.

#24 10 years ago

Hey Al,
I believe all the parts of the kits will be assembled in the US and shipped from here. We are trying to make it as streamlined and affordable as possible. This is not final, but we will keep you posted when we have more information. Thanks,
--Scott

#26 10 years ago

Hey Brad,
Who said we were having "licensing issues"? We are just in the final stages of the license agreement with the respected companies. This is a very common thing for the licensors to approve the final design of a product that contains their IP. Nothing to worry about. We were just being respectful and stopping pre-orders until we get the final word from the companies.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
--Scott

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

anyone know about a warranty or tech service for bop 2.0 ?

This has not been finalized, but will be communicated before the kits ship.

Quoted from kosmo:

Hi Scott,
Regarding the original software emulaiton, will we be able to choose the rom version we would like to use or to replace the rom image that will be used by another one with a different revision ?

I suspect you are asking because of the bug that is in the L-7 version. At this point the rom version is not selectable. We will not package the code with a rom that has the mutliplayer bug in it.

Thanks,
--Scott

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from kosmo:

Indeed, i'm asking because of the various bugs (multiplayer game resets when billionaire's club is reached, music cuts out at game's end when some balls are still present on the face).
Another reason is if planetary pinball does release an updated/bug free/led friendly rom for the bop, i would like to order a set and be able to use it on my machine.

Keep in mind that if Planetary Pinball updates the roms for BoP, we could potentially include it as an update or instruct our customers how to download the images from PPS and update the roms on the machine themselves (depending on the legal fine print). This has been taken into consideration. Thanks,
--Scott

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut:

Fair enough, my bad. Perhaps I made a bad choice in my use of words. I should have used the term "licensing details" instead.
thanks for clarification
Brad, Vacaville #19 and still as happy as pie.

No worries man. It's all good.

Quoted from awarner:

I asked this on the DP Forum, but got no response.
So the DIY audio people like myself would love to know some specs so we can prepare for the kit's arrival:
1) What size speaker is the speaker panel set up for?
2) Does the computer being used have a digital out or is it analog only?
3) Are there audio controls already built into the software or will the amp we install have to do all of it?
Feel free to elaborate.
Thanks!

Hey Al,
The speaker system we will be using for the kits contains 5 inch speakers and subwoofer. We have not put in the final production order yet, so please hold off on buying anything for your kit. The computer will be using an analog stereo output to the external amplifier (standard headphone jack). The Amp will be handling everything (including crossover and EQ) except for the pre-amp volume, which will be handled by the computer via the service buttons.

Thanks,
--Scott

#38 10 years ago

I think you may end up spending more on parts than our kits would have cost. We are using Flipper Fidelity speakers with active crossovers. It's actually a really loud system. We overpowered 3 WOZ machines at expo last year and we were only on about 70%. Sorry guys, I know it was loud, but we definitely drove it hard to prove reliability.
--Scott

1 week later
#45 10 years ago

Vishay Displays will no longer be included in this kit. We are going to be including color displays for all full orders at no extra cost. If you want to upgrade your prior pre-order (that did not include a display) to include the color display, send an email to [email protected] and we can modify it for you. If you already ordered a full kit, you don't need to do anything, you are covered.

We are still definitely making progress with the kit. Stay tuned.

--Scott

3 months later
5 months later
#136 9 years ago

Hey Ed,
The Bride 2.0 system will completely replace your stock WPC sound system. I also removed my sound board when I installed the kit as it is not needed. This kit will come with a new amplifier and speaker set, which includes a new subwoofer.

Cheddar,
Mods typically use 12vdc that you can grab from the power supply just like any other machine. You should probably not connect anything to the power supply on the P-ROC that could possible damage it, even though it could technically be possible. I would just not recommend it.

Hope this helps. Thank you guys for your continued support!

--Scott

1 month later
#182 9 years ago

Thanks for the write-up!

I am not sure if you guys saw this, but Koen has posted a list of the current trophies in the Dutch Pinball Forums.

http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40

--Scott

1 week later
#208 9 years ago

Hey Guys,
No need to worry about the Bride kits. All parts are accounted for and the imaging of the drives for the US kits will be done during the next week and a half.

Please reach out to me if you have any questions.

Thanks guys,
--Scott

#211 9 years ago

The US games will be shipping with at least v1.09. As for finalizing the Bride code, I don't have a specific date, but we are actively working on it. We plan on making incremental updates as we progress through the rest of the project.

Right now, my number 1 priority is getting you guys your kits.

--Scott

#218 9 years ago

Very nice Thomas! I am glad you found an adapter that works. For the record, which USB to serial adapter did you use?

Thanks,
--Scott

1 month later
#309 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Barry and Scott hate me... I will probably be last....

We do not hate you!
--Scott

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Should we change the fuse back and take a extra PSU for the display,
when you have changed this now?

If using the external power supply for the display, you can safely put the original fuse back in.

#316 9 years ago

Thomas,
Please reach out to Barry if you are having trouble with your 12v power after upgrading. The European kits did not seem to have an issue with the display power, but the US test kits did.

Thank you,
--Scott

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from TheKorn:

It's pretty easy to change the music if you're so inclined; they're just wav files that are looped. Though I think you'd be doing a pretty grave disservice to yourself by changing them -- they're pretty darn good!

Also a bunch of work went into the audio from our very skilled musician/audio engineer!

#377 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I assume there is an email addy for support that comes with your kit.

[email protected]!

#390 9 years ago

Hey Guys,
We have seen a couple of people that install the kit and new switch errors show up. Not sure exactly why. It could be a difference of how the P-ROC registers switch hits as opposed to the original hardware or something coming loose during the install. All in all, it is just a simple adjustment and things get right back to normal.
--Scott

#396 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

So, can you trust diagnostics to test the switches so that they will work during gameplay as well?

Yes you can.

--Scott

#493 9 years ago

Al, you can put a small UPS on the computer and your wall switch will work the same for this game as all your other games! Just be sure that only the computer is attached to the UPS.

--Scott

#495 9 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

You know if you would code some mini games inside the software like pong or something else that only uses 2 buttons no one would really complain...we could put a 3rd flipper button on the side like bk2k and play space invaders on our pinball machines.

What?!?

--Scott

#512 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Darn so close to having it installed.
Shouldn't my power strip have the crimp connectors instead of a plug?
No big deal, I can go to AutoZone and get them. Just a bummer.
This is what I got. You might want to check your kits.

Brad,
I apologize, this was my fault. I must have sent you the wrong surge protector. You can either get the crimp connectors yourself, or I can send them to you. Another option would be to install the service outlet in your machine while you have it open. Please send me a note.

Thanks man,
--Scott

#520 9 years ago

That sounds like you may have a flaky switch somewhere in there that the P-ROC is not picking up properly. I would look around and check for any cold solder joints or switches that may be unreliable.
--Scott

#525 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Yet, if all 3 trough switches are appropriately registering closed, why doesn't the game end the ball?

I am not sure about that, but will definitely look into it. Interesting find.
--Scott

#545 9 years ago

As Koen said earlier, please be careful installing anything on these PCs as it could potentially have negative effects on performance.
--Scott

#582 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Actually having 5 separate reports acts as confirmation of repeatability of the potential bug.

Yes, please make sure to report what you find if you are a beta tester. This will help us out greatly.

Thank you,
--Scott

#584 9 years ago

Brad, this is great to hear! Glad you are back up and running.
--Scott

#589 9 years ago

Brian, who is this "JES" person? You better get back in there!
--Scott

#591 9 years ago

Don't worry, only those with the link to the live site below can see you playing!

http://www.dutchpinball.com/bop2/live/

1 week later
#639 9 years ago

Social Engineering is the scariest part of hacking, and how Vince would probably get access to the machine if it was off.

#653 9 years ago

Any of you live people want to play a quick game of Bride 2.0 against me? You are allowed 1 game, no restarts, high score wins. Make sure to use your profile.

Check back here when you finish your game:

Who is in? Will start at 3pm CST sharp.

--Scott

#654 9 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Any of you live people want to play a quick game of Bride 2.0 against me? You are allowed 1 game, no restarts, high score wins. Make sure to use your profile.
Check back here when you finish your game:
Who is in? Will start at 3pm CST sharp.
--Scott

Well, I just played my game and it was a drain-fest! Only did 1,819,350. Everyone should be able to beat that.

--Scott

#661 9 years ago

HAHA, yeah, I never claimed to be good at pinball!

#663 9 years ago

Yeah that looks pretty catastrophic. Have not seen that kind of breakage in a while.

#665 9 years ago

Yeah from the looks of it, it looks like it has been rattling around for a while.

Good time to swap out the sleeves while you are in there!

#671 9 years ago

Wait a minute... Are you telling me that the reproduction face plastics sometimes let the ball fall through the face into the cube? WTH?

#683 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

How many people have "Fully" installed the kit? By fully, I mean that you could fold the head down, take off the legs and transport your game without anything falling around in there. I still have a few loose ends to tend to like wiring and the amp not being secure. I have everything I need to do it, I just haven't found the time.

I did as well, but I have been taking my machine to Expo for 2 years.

--Scott

#685 9 years ago

The PC should fit snugly onto the mounting plate. If not, bend the tabs slightly until the fit is tight. It should not move at that point.
--Scott

#694 9 years ago

I got to play a game last night with the legendary Mr. 68! Too bad, we both did poorly...

http://www.dutchpinball.com/bop2/live/scott

#695 9 years ago

Hey Guys,
Koen has just updated the BoP 2.0 Live page. You can now sort by Machine, Activity, Grand Champ, and Trophies!

--Scott

1 month later
#743 9 years ago

Have you guys seen the animations for the 2nd Multiball yet?

#748 9 years ago

Hey Everyone,
For those Beta Testers that want to get their hands on a Flipper Mod kit for the BoP 2.0 project, I have made a small test run of 10 units available on my website.

http://www.danesidesigns.com/products/aux-flipper-switch-hookup-board/

Please note, that you need to be running BoP version 1.102 or greater to be able to utilize this kit in the software.

Once these 10 are gone, I will begin another run which should take a week or two. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you,
--Scott Danesi

#754 9 years ago

You guys got it! Thanks for clarifying.

Also, I just want to point out that this kit is completely optional. If you do not mind the flippers flipping when entering initials, playing video mode, etc. then feel free to pass on this one. We are in no way trying to nickel and dime you.

This kit just makes the machine feel more like the newer machines of the 90's+.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

--Scott

#756 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm assuming this board would also de-activate the flippers during the high score entry's as well?

Hey Brad,
Yes, this kit will allow for the flippers to be deactivated during high score entry.

Thanks,
--Scott

#759 9 years ago

Anyone get to Multiball 2 yet with the glass on?
--Scott

#761 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

didn't get a single ball relocked

That is the toughest part! You will need to shoot the heartbeat ramp and then immediately shoot the shuttle ramp in order to lock a ball. Other wise it will make you try again. It's really cool. The animations in this multiball are just simply amazing.

--Scott

#769 9 years ago

Yeah, that score is pretty crazy. I would like to see if anyone can throw down a score like that on a version >= 1.102!

#771 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

need to get a HS reset added and audits would be really nice.

It's on the list!

#782 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'm really hoping my flipper board gets here today as the post office says so I can install it tonight and in time for the show.

I hope so too! for me, it adds a whole level of "new feeling" to the game.

#785 9 years ago

Hey Cheddar,
That is very strange behavior that I do not see on my machine. The balls release fine when starting Multiball 1, but do not release if starting multiball 1 a second time? Is this consistent behavior every single time? Thanks,
--Scott

#787 9 years ago

Thanks for the info, I am going to look into that and see what could be causing it. Please also send this info to [email protected] so we can add it to the list of potential issues. Please also include your version number as I believe you are on v1.102.

Thanks man,
--Scott

#790 9 years ago

Not that many machines online for a Friday night!

Al, did you get your flipper kit?

--Scott

#792 9 years ago

Also, it looks like nobody has logged into their online profiles and created any video mode levels!!!

videomodecreator.pngvideomodecreator.png

Your password to your profile was given to you in an email from Koen a while back.

Look forward to seeing some crazy stuff!!!

--Scott

#794 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

had not looked at it yet, I see it auto syncs to the machine. How do you go back to stock if you want to? Or how do you let someone else use your level

See at the top of my screenshot, you can select your 6 different levels. Other users levels will show up in the dropdown for you to use. If you want to go back to stock just pick dp_level1, dp_level2, etc.

See if the level I created is listed for you to use.

--Scott

#797 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Cool, didnt know you would see everyones stuff automatically

You have to mark the level as public. There is a checkbox for that when you create it.

#804 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

yeah Scott is there any way to get the windows side to actually be contained in just the viewable area o the panel, it is a bit of a PITA to work in windows when needed.

You can install Teamviewer on the machine and then you can access it whenever you want from another PC.

#806 9 years ago

I use it on all my P-ROC machines, it just makes life easier. Also makes the machine more open to hackers, which is nice.

#813 9 years ago
Quoted from TheKorn:

I played around with it, but can't figure out what symbol generates reverse pads. (Would be helpful if you could see an existing level in the editor to start with, rather than having to hit every symbol on the keyboard to find out what they do.)

Hey Vince, it is a letter v.

Also, you can select a pre-made level as a starting point by clicking the 'Select' dropdown box just above the preview window.

The info at the bottom of the page sums up how to do it quite well.

Videomode guidelines

Building blocks:

# - Basic road block.
* - Basic coin: 25K points.
O - PIN*BOT letter coin: (100K * level) points (so 100K, 200K, 300K depending on the level).
^ - Speed boost. To increase difficulty and speed of decision making.
v - Reverse block. The car will start going backwards after touching this block.
s - Landmark of a Space Shuttle. Purely for decoration. Can be placed left or right from the middle of the level.
b - Landmark of the Bride's boots. Purely for decoration. Can be placed left or right from the middle of the level.
i - A lamp post. Purely for decoration. Can be placed left or right from the middle of the level.

Guidelines:

The start and finish of each level are static; you can't change them. You can use the above building blocks to create the middle of each level. The level's maximum width is 9 tiles/characters.
Take a look at the Dutch Pinball's level 1 to level 6 to get a feeling for how those levels are built.
The idea is the player can collect exactly six "O" coins to respell PIN*BOT if he drives the perfect route. These letters that are collected actually help respell PIN*BOT towards liting the next videomode round, so if the player aces the level, the videomode should be lit automatically.

#821 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I think my 2 lamps that are ghosting is due to some power leakage somewhere. I just have no clue on where or why.

Which 2 lamps are ghosting?

#823 9 years ago

I know that Koen put some code adjustments in place a while back that reduced the overall ghosting on the machine, but there are a few machines that are still seeing a small amount of it.

For your case, I would put ghost busters in it to eliminate the issue.

Thanks,
--Scott

#826 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Ironically enough, I am using ghostbuster lights for all my lights. I thought I may have had a bad bulb so swapped it with a know good one and it's still there. This is why I think it's my game vs a code/kit issue.

Very interesting. My machine has 0 ghosting issues (just verified), but I am using Cointaker anti-ghosting LEDs throughout.

Anyone else having ghosting issues?

Thanks,
--Scott

#828 9 years ago

Yeah, that is really bad ghosting. I am curious if others are having this same issue.

Thanks,
--Scott

#840 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

@ The Korn
Great job on the sonic video mode!
That was a rush!

I still need to check that one out!

#844 8 years ago

Ed Robertson from Barenaked Ladies showing off his Bride of Pinbot 2.0!!!

#845 8 years ago

I definitely dig the song as well!
--Scott

1 week later
#876 8 years ago

USB updates will always be supported. That functionality is not going away.
--Scott

4 months later
#1047 8 years ago

Nice gameplay video! Thank you for putting that together and getting it up for everyone.

--Scott

3 months later
#1198 8 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

Can anyone tell me how to shut the computer down when done playing? When I turn the toggle switch off it kills the playfield and the p-roc, but the computer and the display remain on. Do I really need to remove the backglass and hit the power button on the computer everytime?

Did you install the Startup/Shutdown controller in your game? How did you hook it up? What do the LEDs on the controller do during a shutdown or startup?

The Green LED indicates machine power (main power switch on), the Yellow LED indicates current PC status (on/off), and the Red LED illuminates with relay activity.

Let me know and I can see about helping out.

Thanks,
--Scott

#1205 8 years ago

Hey Everyone,
So a few people are having startup difficulty on the 2nd batch of bride kits. I was walking a customer through the issue and we found 2 things that were causing trouble on his machine.

The first problem:
The computer was not shutting down after the machine was powered off. The first issue was caused from the computer BIOS having ERP support disabled. This setting should be enabled by default.

The second problem:
The computer not starting up properly from a cold boot. This is caused by the 5v on some machines is not quite high enough to trigger the startup controller properly. Currently, the CSSC cable from the P-ROC to the startup controller is providing 5vdc from the P-ROC. If your 5v is not strong enough and you are experiencing issues starting up, you can swap the pins on this cable to pull the 12v connection from the P-ROC on that same cable. Please only do this if you are experiencing an issue.

The picture below shows the pin-out pulling 12v from the P-ROC.
cssc_cable_(resized).pngcssc_cable_(resized).png

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have. Hope this helps!

Thank you,
--Scott

#1211 8 years ago
Quoted from OttawaPinball:

I'm having the issues described above. I repinned the connector as illustrated. What happens now when I power up is everything but the computer comes on. When I flick the machine switch off, the computer comes on. I flip the switch back on and everything boots up. I can only get about half a game played before the computer shuts off. Any idea how to fix this?

Hey There,
Did you update the BIOS setting on your PC? Also, let the machine completely shut down before attempting to restart it and see if that clears up the issue.

Thanks,
--Scott

#1213 8 years ago

To update your BIOS, you will need to follow the steps below.

Only do this if you are experiencing issues.

Step 1: Power off the machine, open the backbox and make sure the PC is off.
Step 2: Connect a USB keyboard to your Gigabyte PC.
Step 3: Power on your PC using the power button on the PC case.
Step 4: Immediately push the delete key a few times to enter the BIOS. The screen will turn into a blue colored menu system.
Step 5: Scroll to the right until you are on the Chipset tab. You may need to remove your LCD display to see where you are in the BIOS menu.
Step 6: Update the setting called ERP Support to be enabled.
Step 7: Scroll to the right and select save and exit. The computer will reboot and the setting will be saved.
Step 8: Power off the PC
Step 9: Turn on game power switch and enjoy your Bride of Pinbot 2.0

#1217 8 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Green display. Comes and goes. Should this led on the adjustment board for the lcd be red or green?

20160108_122543_(resized).jpg20160108_123316_(resized).jpg

The intermittent green screen you are seeing is probably due to a loose LVDS connector on the back of the LCD. Please check that the connector from the green board to the LCD is snug on both sides.

--Scott

#1225 8 years ago

Your computer is not shutting down properly. You may have to update your bios.

#1228 8 years ago

Oh man, I did not even notice that. I would try to put that power connector in the right place and try to boot the game again.

#1229 8 years ago

For anyone having issues with the Batch 2 kits, please see this post in the DP forums with details on how to update your kit.

http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=105

Thank you,
--Scott

#1249 8 years ago

Yes, please post tech support questions in the DP forum and we can handle them there.

#1261 8 years ago

Hey there,
For fix #2, you will need to re-pin the connector in the picture. Currently, your power pin is pulling from the 5v of the machine so your gray cable will be in the bottom position. You will need to carefully extract the metal pin with the wire in it from position 4 to position 1. This should solve the reset issue.

Tips: If you have a .093 pin extractor tool, this will be an easy task, but if not, don't worry, you can still extract the pin by pressing the little metal barbs on the bottom side with a small tool and carefully wiggle the pin out. Then you just pop the pin into the position 1 slot.

Please reach out to me if you are having issues.

Thank you,
--Scott

#1274 8 years ago

Pinpimp, please contact the team on the DP forums or [email protected]. We can help.

#1276 8 years ago

I honestly don't think that is your problem. What voltage is your CSSC Power cable set to?

3 weeks later
#1337 8 years ago

Dead Flip will be streaming Bride of Pinbot 2.0 tomorrow (2/8/2016) at 5pm cst.

http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

Check it out!

1 month later
#1405 8 years ago

Hey, try taping down the cable and see if that helps.
--Scott

#1407 8 years ago

Yup, then it is the connection to the display board. These cables have built in retention clips. Make sure it is snapped in completely. I agree that the tape may not work as it would be temporary if the cable is damaged.

6 months later
#1685 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

News from the Cointaker Crew at York this weekend. Current batch of kits are being sent out this week. I personally talked with Melissa and Scott, (Scott is the one physically putting the kits together, and a good dude).
They are coming guys.

Not this Scott, a different one.

2 weeks later
#1722 7 years ago

The wires that are soldered to the power switch button should be opposite of each other (diagonally). So you can see from your picture that one is soldered to the upper right pin, the other should be soldered to the lower LEFT.
--Scott

#1734 7 years ago

Sorry guys, I mistyped that last post and meant lower left. Glad you got it sorted out.
--Scott

2 weeks later
#1834 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

First problem installing my kit. The wires coming from the PC that attach to the CSSC (Computer startup and shutdown controller) came unsoldered from inside the PC. I can solder them back, but it isn't obvious where they go. Does someone know? The PC that came in my kit is the gigabyte.

Not sure why these are coming undone on run 3. Please see the post below and my response a couple posts later.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/35#post-3412688

--Scott

#1842 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

1: I was able to get the remote on/off wire connected properly to the CSSC (Computer startup and shutdown controller), but am having problems with it correct turning on and off the PC. The remote power works correctly (I can turn the PC on and off using the remote button on the CSSC. However, it doesn't power the computer on when I turn the game on and it will turn the computer off in mid game (nearly every time). The CSSC sometimes goes into error mode (flashing green and yellow light) which I can reset by unplugging power to it from the PC through the USB and the cable to the P-ROC. Scanning the DP BOP2 forums just talks about how the voltage to the CSSC from the P-ROC can be low based on being wired to +5V, but my kit came with it wired to the +12V. Has anyone run into this problem?

You may have a setting incorrect in your BIOS causing the PC to provide power to the USB ports even when the PC is shut down. I would take a look at the DP forums or reach out to Cointaker to figure out what setting that is ont eh Batch 3 kits. I am not sure off the top of my head.

--Scott

5 years later
#2941 2 years ago

Hey everyone!
Just to give everyone an update on the flipper mod kits. I actually open sourced the files for people to make their own boards. dethfactor looks to be running these things now and making full kits for people and should be done soon. Hopefully I have his pinside name right.

Well anyway, here is a link to all the files you will need to make these things. The zip file contains the Gerber files, BOM, and STL files for the 3D printed brackets.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Z7YGvi_VT6TUlqa2RTN3JBcTA/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-TZBXbVw_jh4MsjHSPRrsLA

Enjoy!
--Scott Danesi

#2943 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Hello stranger! Is this the same flipper mod you made years ago ?

Same thing!
--Scott

#2946 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Thanks for sharing this! Can you double check the BOM links for the diode, leaf switches, and mouser items? I think they are older links and no longer work.

I updated the file in the zip file for you guys, sorry about that.

But here are the new links:
Leaf Switches: https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-end-of-stroke-switch-normally-open.html
Diodes: https://www.pinballlife.com/diode-1n4004.html
Male Headers: https://www.pinballlife.com/156-396mm-locking-header-4-pin.html
Female Header: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/09-48-4099?qs=Y%2FrI5Y8Al8%2FeBKiu9cVmSA%3D%3D
4 Pin IDC Connectors 22 AWG: https://www.pinballlife.com/156-396mm-idc-4-position-connector-for-22-gauge-wire.html
Screws: https://www.pinballlife.com/6-x-1-sheet-metalwood-screw.html

--Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheNoTrashCougar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only?tu=TheNoTrashCougar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.