IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png
EFDACD6A-A27D-49B1-99F1-A94B7086313E (resized).jpeg
bop_2_rules (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1756 Product info Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #1758 Availability update Posted by Fourbyracer (7 years ago)

Post #1788 Key workaround info Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #1859 How to backup your ssd drive for BOP 2.0 Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #2104 Betabrite installation notes Posted by mgpasman (7 years ago)

Post #2776 1.21 software update (improved 1.0 support) Posted by KoenHeltzel (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigDan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#930 8 years ago

I just completed my BOP repro playield pre-order and just in the nick of time since the list will be closed for good tomorrow.

I want to know if BOP 2.0 is going to be limited production/ available only for a short limited time which should be ordered ASAP or can I wait 6-12 months?

I've been in this hobby for less then a year and it seems that a lot of mods for sale here are only available for a very short amount of time.

Thanks

1 month later
#994 8 years ago

I'm in the club also as I just sent in my full payment.

I'm really looking forward playing 2.0 once I get my new play field installed.

I'm thinking that BOP 2.0 deserves its own game designation here on Pinside so people can rank it separately from 1.0.

There are separate ratings for Stern's Pro models and LE/Prem so I don't see why 2.0 would be a problem.

1 month later
#1057 8 years ago

I really like that new side art as well.

I might and know my wife would miss having that striking purple cabinet though. Any chance you could swap out the black back ground for a deep purple or whatever purple looks best with your design?

#1064 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

hey bigdan !...can you imagine these black cabinet decals with the pinblades you posted in the non 2.0 thread ! that would be perfect !

You know I can!

She would look drop dead gorgeous with that art package along with the new repro playfield and 2.0 thats on the way. Then there'd be the special touches like chrome plating the stainless steel along with my LED skills.

She's gonna be a gem of a pin when I'm done with her and will be a pretty rare bird due to the short production window of the 2.0 kit, repro playfield and artwork. Talk about the perfect trifecta.

#1073 8 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

It is really hard for me to believe that something as cool as BoP 2.0 could end up being so rare.

Ive only been on here for about a year and in that time there's one thing I've learned and thats how quickly things become no longer available. You have to act FAST in this hobby if you see something that you like.

Quoted from 85vett:

One suggestion. Don't go to crazy like I did and have the skill shot brackets chromed. I thought that would look really cool as they are such big pieces in the game (parts that hold the rubber wheels). Got it all installed and was disappointed because you can't really tell they are chrome due to all the stuff around them. Learn from me and save your money on that part.

Thanks for the heads up. Back when I cleaned and LED'd her, I decided to cover up that clutter like the green circuit board with a strip of black painted construction paper.

FullSizeRender_5_1.jpgFullSizeRender_5_1.jpg

4 weeks later
#1104 8 years ago

Is anyone else missing the red heart around the start button?

That and I liked all the exhaust smoke like the original from your first design of the 2nd motif.

I know the heart may look a bit out of place with this motif but I think it would look right at home on your original design (below) which got me thinking.

I think it would be a great idea if you went through with both designs, it would look right at home sitting between the two machines that you had pictured. It would be perfect for people like my wife and I who want just a little change instead of taking the plunge of having a drastically different looking machine (not a bad thing) but different enough that a matching translight would complete the transformation. That way you can keep the latest design with the smokless and heartless front and not have to worry about it looking too different from the original because you will have the set that falls right in between the two.

bopalt1.jpgbopalt1.jpg

botalt2.jpgbotalt2.jpg

1 month later
#1171 8 years ago

My Shuttle ramp looks just about brand new after polishing it with Novus and I was thinking about trying out flame polishing for my Heart beat ramp. It doesn't look bad at all but I wanted to give it a shot after watching Blackrose's vid's on it. I even bought a cracked heart beat ramp off ebay for $12 to practice on.

a few ones on how to articles
http://www.performancepinball.com/flame-polishing-ramps.html

http://www.flippers.be/flame_polishing.html

2 weeks later
#1210 8 years ago

Too bad there are members running into a few set up issues.

The way my stress level has been lately I'll just leave it all taped up in its box and place it under my machine until EVERYTHING with this second batch gets sorted out so I wont have to spend time hassling with it.

I just want to plug it in and have it work like the designers hopefully intended. Then and only then will I attempt to install it, as I just cant take any more issues that want to make me pull my hair out.

Thanks and please let guys like us know when its safe to dive into our machines to do the conversion without stress.

"It's only pinball"

#1241 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I've been working on a few things on my BOP. The apron drives me crazy how bad it clashes with the rest of the game. I think this really compliments the game. I'm having them printed on magnets or decals for easy installation and removal. The magnets are slick!
IMG_4841_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg

Quoted from Cheddar:

Put me down for one of these. That is slick

Me too please.

#1255 8 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

...the colors are just like I intended them. Nice work from your printer. Hopefully, the ink is cured enough. You're too fast!
The more I look at the installed decals, the more I can't live with the red start button. I guess I need to order a transparent purple lit one. Does anyone know, if those are available? I couldn't find any.
I bought a purple lit shooter rod at replay FX (think it was cointaker) last July and have purple lit flipper buttons. That start button (blue or purple) would be amazing!
Next step: 3D backglass from Henrik/pinball dreams when he's able to obtain the license in case you haven't seen his thread on the MM 3D backglass yet, check it out (get your cyan/red 3D glasses ready).... I'm working on his next licensed title already...

Or do an original red heart and leave the button.

1 week later
#1292 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I have those same side rails for mine and have the printed art as well. All I have to do is install it all. Oh and the thin rails are required if you want chrome rails. Mike Chestnut said that it was impossible to chrome the original "System 11" rails.
I'm just troubled by sanding down my original cabinet. It has Magic Marker color added, but it's not terrible. Oh well, it's going to me AMAZING!

Im sure Mike Chestnut does the best plating for pin's but for me I'd have to keep the original armor. I guess that would lead me to finding a local chrome plater who's equipment can handle the extra inch or two of stainless on each side or mail it off to Advanced Plating in TN (They seem top be the go-to chrome plater in the automotive restoration biz.)

I'm pretty sure other members have had their original BOP side armor chrome plated but I could be wrong. I've googled a few local plating business because I would like fresh brass plating on my WCS94 and probably get my BOP side armor chromed at the same time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 9.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
$ 9.95
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigDan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only?tu=BigDan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.