IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png
EFDACD6A-A27D-49B1-99F1-A94B7086313E (resized).jpeg
bop_2_rules (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,148 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 63.
#3051 11 months ago
Quoted from rmf-pinball:

Just got my BOP 2.0. Was looking around for a "2.0 manual". No such thing seems to exist.
Newbie Questions:
- In the display menu, there are a lot of "dot style"'s. Also, magnification, and other display adjustments. What are all those things? Preferred settings you use?
- Speaking of adjustments. Obviously the 1.0 stuff has preferences. Assuming everything is saved.
- In the head, there are a few connectors no longer in use. Assuming those were for the "old display".
- Batteries. What has a battery that needs to be replaced? Where are they? Types?
- It occasionally asks for the "face". I assume it wants to know what "face is up" so it can calibrate? Is that right?
Sorry for the all the newbie stuff. Couldn't find much of this by searching. I will read the whole 60+ page thread, just will take time.
-Rob

Try https://www.dutchpinball.com/bride_of_pinbot_2.0_downloads
As far as the heads go, it will ask you what the current head is when you switch between 1.0 and 2.0. 1.0 being the one with the hole for the mouth, default 2.0 head is #3 which is the one before the human face, not the one with the holes in the eyes.

There are some unused connectors in the head when the kit gets installed. You can check it out in the link provided.

Not sure about the 1.0 ROM stuff as I haven't had to mess with any of that myself.

#3052 11 months ago

For general information, I can confirm that this display works with BoP 2.0 and my blackout issues are history. Thank you!

#3053 11 months ago
Quoted from BiOLaTeRaLuS:

For general information, I can confirm that this display works with BoP 2.0 and my blackout issues are history. Thank you!

I knew it! Gonna order one just in case!

4 weeks later
#3054 10 months ago

I'm a member of the club! Got my 2.0 kit and everything is working ok with one exception--my right flipper flips, but is not registering in test or in the game choosing menu, lane change, inputing initials, or video mode. I suspect something on the power driver board for that switch but before I pull that and start hunting I thought I would see if anyone else has had a similar issue. The two strange things are that I'm certain it worked with my original BOP setup, so, unless something happened during the 2.0 install, I suppose it's possibly a P-Roc issue? The other strange thing is that neither left nor right flipper registers in test for 2.0 (even though the left functions correctly) but in 1.0 the left does register in test (right flipper doesn't register in either). Thanks for any help.

1 week later
#3055 10 months ago

Has anyone had their 2.0 boot up like this? What was the solution?

EFDACD6A-A27D-49B1-99F1-A94B7086313E (resized).jpegEFDACD6A-A27D-49B1-99F1-A94B7086313E (resized).jpeg
#3056 10 months ago
Quoted from The_Director:

[quoted image]

I have seen that before when helping a mate with his BoP 2.0 - looks like your bios battery is failing and BIOS settings are being lost.

Here is a link to replacing the battery on the Zotac model and also what the BIOS settings need to be restored to: https://forums.dutchpinball.com/viewtopic.php?p=1028#p1028

If you have the Gigabyte model - the battery is much easier to replace as it's a regular button battery - these are the settings for that model: https://forums.dutchpinball.com/viewtopic.php?p=1018#p1018

If you go into your BIOS settings at start up and fix the settings, you will be able to boot into the game - but as soon as power is cut from the machine, the settings will be lost again. But it will at least let you play while you source the battery.

#3057 10 months ago
Quoted from The_Director:

[quoted image]

You’re computer has defaulted to trying to boot using UEFI, but Win7 wants standard BIOS

#3058 9 months ago

In BOP 2.0, in the Display menu, there are a bunch of choices for Dots, Magnification, etc.

Any recommendations for optimizations, changes, or ANY EXPLANATION of what any of that stuff is?

-Rob

#3059 9 months ago

I moved my 2.0 to the other side of the room and now it won't boot up.

#3060 9 months ago

I bought a kit years ago and it never worked properly. I had some help troubleshooting and everything was a dead end. I even had another Pinsider image a hard drive, did not help. It came with a Gigabyte PC. I found a Zotac PC on ebay, I understand that is what they used for a different run. I swapped the RAM from the Zotac into the Gigabyte, and it still didn't run properly. The CPU usage is pegged and the game lags. I don't think the Gigabyte has any serviceable parts other than RAM and HDD. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I did get the Zotac to run, and the game is finally working. My issue now is powering on and off. It looked like the Gigabyte soldered wires to the power switch, so I replicated that on the Zotac. I figured it would work or not, but it sort of works sometimes. It never turns it on, but it will turn it off. But then it turns back on. I'm wondering if it's a BIOS setting or something. Any ideas? Maybe I should try and find a working Gigabyte Mini PC.

Added 9 months ago:

Edit: BIOS settings seemed to fix the issue. Zotac BIOS settings are here for anyone interested.
https://forums.dutchpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42&p=1028&hilit=zotac#p1028

#3061 9 months ago
Quoted from BiOLaTeRaLuS:

I moved my 2.0 to the other side of the room and now it won't boot up.

Barry helped me to get it up and running again. For quick reference, if you happen to replace the CMOS battery, do this https://forums.dutchpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=187

#3062 9 months ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

You’re computer has defaulted to trying to boot using UEFI, but Win7 wants standard BIOS

Updated the BIOS after replacing the battery and all good. Thanks!

4 weeks later
#3063 8 months ago

Hello everyone,

I knew that Bop 2.0 can be finicky, but I couldn't resist! So here I am officially among you!

Of course I didn't escape the whims of the improved fiancé... Everything is going well for me in version 2.0, but version 1 is a disaster!

Display problem too small, cavernous and almost inaudible sounds...

I am in version 1.21, does it have specific settings?

Thanks in advance.

Stephane.

3 weeks later
#3064 7 months ago

I am thinking about converting my BOP 2.0 back to standard BOP. . .

Is there still interest in this kit?

#3065 7 months ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

I am thinking about converting my BOP 2.0 back to standard BOP. . .
Is there still interest in this kit?

Curious why would you want to do that?

#3066 7 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Curious why would you want to do that?

Played my fair share over the years and miss the old version and the displays. Kinda done with it I guess.

Will certainly miss that pumping base though. . . Guess the motivation to de-convert is dependent on if anyone wants a used kit

#3067 7 months ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Played my fair share over the years and miss the old version and the displays. Kinda done with it I guess.
Will certainly miss that pumping base though. . . Guess the motivation to de-convert is dependent on if anyone wants a used kit

You do know you can play both versions correct?

#3068 7 months ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Next time you turn on your 2.0, press and hold the start game button. Don’t let go! Just wait and see what happens.

#3069 7 months ago

You can play both versions but DP didn't do a good conversion on the original sound track, its missing a ton of the original depth. I have played it on mine but hate it, doesn't sound nearly as good as before I converted to 2.0 so I dont play the original anymore such a let down.

#3070 7 months ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

You can play both versions but DP didn't do a good conversion on the original sound track, its missing a ton of the original depth. I have played it on mine but hate it, doesn't sound nearly as good as before I converted to 2.0 so I dont play the original anymore such a let down.

You need to update to the latest code. It’s a huge improvement !

#3071 7 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

You need to update to the latest code. It’s a huge improvement !

I agree. The latest code update fixed the horrible sound on 1.0. I honestly can't tell a big difference between Williams BoP and Dutch Pinball 1.0 now.

The best part of 2.0 though is the ability to change the music and sounds. I have a bunch of cool music and some of the sounds/music from Total Nuclear Annihilation. It was pretty simple to change them out.

#3072 7 months ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

I was disappointed in the lag on the sound for the original.
I’m not sure how recent the new code is.

#3073 7 months ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I was disappointed in the lag on the sound for the original.
I’m not sure how recent the new code is.

The lag is fixed with the updated code, it incorporates pinsound software. We worked for a few years to get all the gentlemen involved to get the fix implemented

It’s not perfect, but it is very well implemented now

#3074 7 months ago

I could have sworn I posted...but don't see it. I forgot how to update code on this 2.0 set-up. Do I have to hook up a keyboard to do it? Guess I will have to look into it again.

#3075 7 months ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

I could have sworn I posted...but don't see it. I forgot how to update code on this 2.0 set-up. Do I have to hook up a keyboard to do it? Guess I will have to look into it again.

There's a step by step guide on the DP site: https://www.dutchpinball.com/bride_of_pinbot_2.0_software

The latest version can also be downloaded from the link above (1.21)

- Download the .zip file of the latest software version (without renaming the file and without extracting the zip - some browsers have a setting to do this automatically, so disable that if needed).

- Copy this .zip file to the root (meaning not in a subfolder) of a USB memory stick.

- Start your BoP2.0 machine and insert your USB memory stick in a free USB port of the mini computer.

- Enter the Service Menu and go down to "Software Menu" -> "USB Update".

- Now you'll see a list of the available versions on your USB memory stick that are not yet installed. Select the version you want to install.

- Wait for "downloading" and "installing" to finish. The menu will then jump to where you can "Select" the new version.

- Select the new version and confirm the NO / YES question by pressing the "right" (Volume Up) button.

- The game will restart using the new code.

#3076 7 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

The lag is fixed with the updated code, it incorporates pinsound software. We worked for a few years to get all the gentlemen involved to get the fix implemented
It’s not perfect, but it is very well implemented now

Very well implemented.

2 weeks later
#3077 7 months ago

Hey I got to say thank you for the suggestion to update my code. Woohoo! Original soundtrack is back in its original blazing glory!!!!!!

#3078 7 months ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

Hey I got to say thank you for the suggestion to update my code. Woohoo! Original soundtrack is back in its original blazing glory!!!!!!

#3079 7 months ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

Glad you like it, took a lot of effort (and persuasion between parties) to get the update released!

#3080 7 months ago
Quoted from Snux:

Glad you like it, took a lot of effort (and persuasion between parties) to get the update released!

How recent is the update?
I’m wondering if it’s newer than the one I have

#3081 7 months ago

1.21 was released about a year ago.

1 week later
#3082 6 months ago

If you ever have to replace the CMOS battery for the bios, I would recommend using a battery holder (for the 3v batteries) instead of the expensive sealed CMOS batteries that come in it. I had one of the first couple 2.0 systems maybe 8 years ago? My first battery lasted about 5 years and then the ones I have been buying from Amazon (and others) only last a year or even less. (they are probably old stock) Last time, I bought the holder and soldered the wires with the plug to it. Over a year now, no issues. Definite upgrade.
https://www.amazon.com/Alinan-Button-Battery-Storage-Container/dp/B09KTVG1Y5

2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png

#3083 6 months ago

So the worst possible thing happened tonight, I went to investigate why my BoP 2.0 was having such a hard time booting up. I had recently replaced the battery but it wouldn't boot and I'd often have to manually boot it. Needless to say when I pulled the glass and opened the headbox one of the power button leads from the PC fell out of the screw terminals and fell onto one of the fuse holders below and killed my PC. Does anyone have a source/recommendation for spares or even a modern replacement? I had the Gigabyte model.

#3084 6 months ago
Quoted from dethfactor:

So the worst possible thing happened tonight, I went to investigate why my BoP 2.0 was having such a hard time booting up. I had recently replaced the battery but it wouldn't boot and I'd often have to manually boot it. Needless to say when I pulled the glass and opened the headbox one of the power button leads from the PC fell out of the screw terminals and fell onto one of the fuse holders below and killed my PC. Does anyone have a source/recommendation for spares or even a modern replacement? I had the Gigabyte model.

Did you try Amazon?

#3085 6 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Did you try Amazon?

It’s a ~10 year old machine, Amazon and other computer/electronics retailers don’t have anything that old that would be a drop in replacement as far as my knowledge.

#3086 6 months ago
Quoted from dethfactor:

It’s a ~10 year old machine, Amazon and other computer/electronics retailers don’t have anything that old that would be a drop in replacement as far as my knowledge.

Lol! Did you look? Google it then and find one. That’s what I did when I picked up a spare not too long ago. Best of luck !

#3087 6 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Lol! Did you look? Google it then and find one. That’s what I did when I picked up a spare not too long ago. Best of luck !

Uhhh. Yes. I tried that. I wouldn’tve posted here had that worked. I searched for the model, what did you search for?

#3088 6 months ago
Quoted from dethfactor:

Uhhh. Yes. I tried that. I wouldn’tve posted here had that worked. I searched for the model, what did you search for?

Surprised then if it didn’t come up. I don’t remember exactly what I searched under. Maybe you can try DP directly and see if they can help. I think you may need another ssd card / image if you didn’t back up your existing.

#3089 6 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Surprised then if it didn’t come up. I don’t remember exactly what I searched under. Maybe you can try DP directly and see if they can help. I think you may need another ssd card / image if you didn’t back up your existing.

I pulled my hdd and it worked luckily. I was able to pull an image and mirrored it and put it on a cheap new 128gb ssd drive. I also managed to find a lot of stripped machines on fleabay. I’m probably going to try to cobble together 2 working machines and then test and offer the rest up here if anyone wants spares for a backup machine. Should get them by the end of the week.

#3090 6 months ago
Quoted from dethfactor:

I pulled my hdd and it worked luckily. I was able to pull an image and mirrored it and put it on a cheap new 128gb ssd drive. I also managed to find a lot of stripped machines on fleabay. I’m probably going to try to cobble together 2 working machines and then test and offer the rest up here if anyone wants spares for a backup machine. Should get them by the end of the week.

I might be in on that, wouldn’t hurt to build a backup

#3091 6 months ago

Does anyone else have issues where their machine won’t start when it’s been powered down for awhile?
I get backglass lights and operational flippers, the audio cues that the pc is on…
That’s about all she wants to do.
No display, cannot start a game

#3092 6 months ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I get backglass lights and operational flippers, the audio cues that the pc is on…

Quoted from dscapo:

Does anyone else have issues where their machine won’t start when it’s been powered down for awhile?
That’s about all she wants to do.
No display, cannot start a game

Have you tried hooking up a different monitor to confirm the display is working?

When you say "audio cues" I assume amp pops/hums but just confirming.

#3093 6 months ago
Quoted from dethfactor:

Have you tried hooking up a different monitor to confirm the display is working?
When you say "audio cues" I assume amp pops/hums but just confirming.

I don’t have another monitor to check it.
By audio cues, there’s a power on and power off tone that plays.
In any event today it will boot up and play but with intermittent display issues.
This actually happened right from go when I originally installed it.
Checked connections, emailed Dutch.
It just kind of resolved itself by slowly working better until I had display all the time. I was turning the machine on almost daily without issue. Haven’t played it in months and it’s back to forgetting how to work correctly.
I don’t understand how/why it does that.
Wondering if other owners experienced the same.

#3094 6 months ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I don’t have another monitor to check it.
It just kind of resolved itself by slowly working better until I had display all the time. I was turning the machine on almost daily without issue. Haven’t played it in months and it’s back to forgetting how to work correctly.
I don’t understand how/why it does that.
Wondering if other owners experienced the same.

That's odd, it really does kinda sound like a display issue. Like the inverter/backlight is failing and has a short in it and after a bit it warms up it kicks in.
So when it's black/going on and off, can you take a flashlight and shine it on an angle and see anything on the screen? Or does the screen just have the "No Signal" box on it?

#3095 6 months ago
Quoted from dethfactor:

That's odd, it really does kinda sound like a display issue. Like the inverter/backlight is failing and has a short in it and after a bit it warms up it kicks in.
So when it's black/going on and off, can you take a flashlight and shine it on an angle and see anything on the screen? Or does the screen just have the "No Signal" box on it?

It turns white actually.
White with lines, flickering blocks.
I’ll take a photo.
It seems to be cued almost to game play.
It will start normal but turn white when a ball is launched and in play etc.
Be normal again for the next ball or after a drain.

#3096 6 months ago
Quoted from dscapo:

It turns white actually.
I’ll take a photo.

IMG_4224 (resized).jpegIMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
#3097 6 months ago
Quoted from dscapo:

It turns white actually.
I’ll take a photo.

It really does sound like it could be a display/panel issue. The only way to rule that out would be hooking up another monitor/tv with an hdmi input. If you don’t have one either ask around to borrow one or run to a goodwill/Salvation Army / resale shop and get a cheap one or a Best Buy and buy one and return it if you don’t need it otherwise.

#3098 6 months ago

Was able to build a new working one with the parts / mirrored hdd. Trying to get the WiFi sorted out though. Ended up buying and adding the remote battery holder that was mentioned externally and running a smaller gauge lead line in so I can change the battery/turn it off for a bios reset without fighting with the bios post screen. Soldered it to the original holder and works great.

IMG_1599 (resized).jpegIMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3099 6 months ago

So I was able to finally test / weed out my fleaBay pile of barebones systems and I figured I'd offer them up here to see if anyone was interested. These are tested and I was able to boot to windows / fire up the BoP 2.0 software on them.

These do not come come with RAM, nor a hard drive / cable nor a case bottom. They're mostly clean but the cases are a little dirty / scuffed. Also, the relay leads for the power button would have to be installed. But these are a drop in for the original BoP 2.0 PC with those items. I also pulled all the CMOS batteries as these were problematic and I had to monkey through a boot loop to finally get Windows to boot. I had 6 of these and I was able to get 5 of them running. I'm using 1 and keeping a spare so I have 3 for sale.
IMG_1705 (resized).jpegIMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
Two of them have CPU fan failures on post. The fans are BSB05505HP-SM - They're like $5-10 or if you're feeling frisky you can disable the boot warning in the CMOS.

I'm selling these AS IS but I can help if you need. I also have some spare battery holders too so if you like the idea of having the battery remote and aren't handy enough to do it, we can probably work something out. Same goes for soldering the power leads to the switch. Or if you need a ssd with the image on it setup for your key, etc. Looking to get around $45-50 + shipping for one mobo + case + wifi - depending on if you want the good fan or not. You can always swap the fan on your original one down the road if it comes to it. PM me if interested or have questions.

IMG_1681 (resized).jpegIMG_1681 (resized).jpegIMG_1682 (resized).jpegIMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3100 5 months ago

I’m having a strange issue where the left flipper is inop upon selecting which version to play. Works fine in game play
I do have Scott d flipper mod installed . Thoughts???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,148 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.