IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png
EFDACD6A-A27D-49B1-99F1-A94B7086313E (resized).jpeg
bop_2_rules (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,148 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 63.
#3001 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

What type of battery?

The Gigabyte models have a CR2032 button battery.

#3002 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

What type of battery?

Cr2032, )pretty much standard for all computer cmos batteries). The number is stamped on the casing positive side for convenience

1 week later
#3003 1 year ago

I'll quote my original post here for context for future readers. I have fixed the issue of the CSSC not starting the PC up when the machine is switched on.

It was the BIOS battery.

Even though my BIOS settings were all correct and matched those outlined by Dutch Pinball, the battery was dying. This can cause side effects with the hardware - and for what ever reason, the ERP support setting was not being respected - which meant the USB ports were supplying power to attached devices like the CSSC while it was shutdown. Because the CSSC thought the PC had power, it wouldn't engage the relay to start the PC.

I replaced the BIOS battery and now the game boots without any manual intervention.

Quoted from Jesder:

Hey guys,
I'm running into an issue with my BoP 2.0 start up that I'm hoping someone might have some ideas on. Maybe TheNoTrashCougar might have some ideas too.
What happens is the machine will no longer boot without some manual intervention.
Normally, you should just be able to flick the power switch under the cabinet and the game powers on and boots. But that no longer happens as the "Computer Startup Shutdown Controller" does not activate it's switch relay to start the PC.
At this point I need to remove the backglass and manually press the power on switch on the mini PC. The game then boots, it plays fine and then shuts down successfully when I flick the power switch off.
I happened to have a spare (brand new) Startup Shutdown Controller board. Thinking that might have been the issue, I swapped it in. But the issue remained. I swapped the USB cable over to the one the came with my new board. But the issue remained. I've tried moving the USB cable (that runs from the controller board to the computer) to a different slot on the Gigabyte PC - but the issue remains.
I had thought maybe it was a BIOS issue (as in battery dying and settings being lost). But it's still holding the correct time and the BIOS settings on the game match those outlined by Dutch Pinball here: https://forums.dutchpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=187&p=1018&hilit=bios#p1018
Here's the behaviour I'm seeing from the controller board. When I flick the power on at the wall (BoP machine power switch is still off at this pont), the yellow LED for computer power begins to flash on the controller board. I don't know if this is correct - or if it's supposed to remain off at this point. Maybe TheNoTrashCougar can advise on that?

When I then flick the power switch under the BoP cabinet, the green LED for the machine power turns on solid. Also the yellow LED for PC power stops flashing and goes solid. As you can see here, the P-ROC has power along with the driver board. But the switch relay on the Startup Shutdown board never engages to start the PC.

So something isn't quite right.
Now if I flick the switch under the machine cabinet to off, the switch relay will now kick in - which will start the PC. The game will boot, but obviously won't find the P-ROC since machine power has been turned off.
To me - logically - it's like the controller board thinks the mini PC is already in a powered on state. So it doesn't engage the switch relay when the game is powered on. I'm not sure what the flashing yellow LED state means at the start - but if I remove the USB between the PC and the controller board, it remains off - then starts up again once the cable is connected again. So it's drawing some power via the USB to flash that yellow LED.
With some more diagnosing, I found I can temporarily fix it - but not sure on why. Following these steps:
1/ Power on at the wall (at this point the yellow LED flashes)
2/ Power on at the machine (at this point green and yellow LED's go solid, but PC does not boot)
3/ Manually press power button on PC (game boots and can be played without issue)
4/ Power off at the machine (Controller board correctly shuts down PC - and ALL LEDs on controller board go off!)
At this point the yellow LED does not flash! Even though it's in the same power state as when I first turned the power on at the wall. Now if I power on at the machine again, the switch relay on the controller board clicks, and the PC will boot without me having to press the power button on it.
The only difference I can note here is the yellow LED was not flashing.
Now this is only temporary. If I power off at the wall, come back in 20 minutes and follow the steps again - the yellow LED will be flashing and I have to manually press the power button. Which made me think BIOS battery - but as I mentioned, the settings all look correct compared with those supplied by DP.
So I'm puzzled
With some further investigation, I grabbed the manual for the CSSC board from Scott's site: https://www.scottdanesi.com/hardware/downloads/CSSC%20User%20Guide.pdf
I'm wondering if it's stuck in (or defaults to) the Computer Standalone Mode as this behaviour looks like what I'm seeing. The manual doesn't detail how to swap / change the mode of the board though.

#3004 1 year ago

Sweet, easy fix!

2 weeks later
#3005 1 year ago

Got my upgrade kit a couple of days ago and installed it yesterday, so I suppose I'm now a club member! The install went pretty easy - the only hangup was that one of the power taps had to be recrimped.

FWIW, I bought it from Stefan @ RS-Pinball a couple of weeks ago. At the time, he had one additional kit, but now it's gone. He wrote: "Because of the actual shortage of boards (P-Roc) it does not look like that they will produce anymore." My kit was #248, so I'm guessing the total production run was 250.

1 week later
#3006 1 year ago

Hello 2.0 owners. Some of the early reviews mention poor audio and audio lag in the emulation of 1.0. Could you tell me if this has been fixed/improved through updates over the years and how it plays now compared to the original? To clarify, I am not referring to the 2.0 game but the emulation of the original. Thanks.

#3007 1 year ago
Quoted from FinsterQuinn:

Hello 2.0 owners. Some of the early reviews mention poor audio and audio lag in the emulation of 1.0. Could you tell me if this has been fixed/improved through updates over the years and how it plays now compared to the original? To clarify, I am not referring to the 2.0 game but the emulation of the original. Thanks.

Yes. It's been fixed with the latest update that now uses Pinsound software when emulating the original BOP.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/56#post-6661607

#3008 1 year ago

I'm in the club and I am loving it!

20230125_211031 (resized).jpg20230125_211031 (resized).jpg
#3009 1 year ago
Quoted from Purplecheesemonk:

I'm in the club and I am loving it!
[quoted image]

Welcome! Make sure your running the latest code as in the above post!

#3010 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Yes. It's been fixed with the latest update that now uses Pinsound software when emulating the original BOP.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/56#post-6661607

Nice. Thank you.

#3012 1 year ago

Should be joining the club in a couple weeks! Will also be my first time owning a pinball machine.

1 week later
#3013 1 year ago
Quoted from JojoRice:

Should be joining the club in a couple weeks! Will also be my first time owning a pinball machine.

Cool! Just curious. Why start with this game? It's uber rare but not really the best pinball machine ever made. Also it could be difficult to source parts for it as time goes by. I'm only asking because I was involved with the team that built these years ago. I even made a documentary about it...

#3014 1 year ago
Quoted from awarner:

I even made a documentary about it...

Is this documentary publicly available? I searched for your post in this thread and couldn't find a link.

#3015 1 year ago

I have the feeling awarner is talking about Big Bang Bar

#3016 1 year ago
Quoted from awarner:

Cool! Just curious. Why start with this game? It's uber rare but not really the best pinball machine ever made. Also it could be difficult to source parts for it as time goes by. I'm only asking because I was involved with the team that built these years ago. I even made a documentary about it...

It's my wife's favorite game. We want to eventually own 3 or 4 machines. Figured I'd get her taken care of first.

#3017 1 year ago

Arrived today!! Love it!

2B91AC73-06A5-4C96-9399-F5D1415A7E56 (resized).jpeg2B91AC73-06A5-4C96-9399-F5D1415A7E56 (resized).jpeg
#3018 1 year ago

Newb question here....How do you switch the game from the 2.0 version to the regular version?

#3019 1 year ago
Quoted from JojoRice:

Newb question here....How do you switch the game from the 2.0 version to the regular version?

Hold down the start button .

#3020 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Thanks!!

#3021 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

You mean there is the possibility to play BOP with the 2.0 installed ?

#3022 1 year ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

You mean there is the possibility to play BOP with the 2.0 installed ?

Your kidding right ???

#3023 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Your kidding right ???

No really, my question was real. Maybe there is a function I didn't know.

#3024 1 year ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

No really, my question was real. Maybe there is a function I didn't know.

Yes!

#3025 1 year ago

Thank you mollyspub .
There is no limit in improving the pinball knowledge, at least mine!

4 weeks later
#3026 1 year ago

Does anyone have head decals for sale? Pm me please.

4 weeks later
#3027 11 months ago

Just joined the club. I really missed my original bop I minted out so wanted back in. I now have an original player, plus a rough restored one with 2.0 kit in not currently booting. So I am making another mint one and undecided on going the 2.0 kit or not...have to get it working first I guess! Maybe it would be nice to have both sided by side.....

It may have been covered...but is it possible to modify the background music like pinsound in the 2.0 kit? I like all the callouts but would like to use my bop pinsound mix for the music. Cheers Kurt

#3028 11 months ago

Pretty quiet here...I guess not many around.
My tech got it booting all ok but when I went to collect it the same issue happened.

So may sell the full kit if anyone wants it and can use it. Was purchased new from Cointaker by my friend and I purchased off him in game, limited response from them...check cables etc.

#3029 11 months ago
Quoted from KJS:

My tech got it booting all ok but when I went to collect it the same issue happened.

Did you contact Dutch Pinball?

https://www.dutchpinball.com/support.php

#3030 11 months ago

My LCD screen keeps going black intermittently for a time, then it stays on for a bit and starts to black out again. LCD screen issue or CPU going out? Sounds play while it's black, so thinking it's a video issue. I re-seated all the connections and it didn't help. Turning it on and off doesn't help either.

#3031 11 months ago
Quoted from BiOLaTeRaLuS:

My LCD screen keeps going black intermittently for a time, then it stays on for a bit and starts to black out again. LCD screen issue or CPU going out? Sounds play while it's black, so thinking it's a video issue. I re-seated all the connections and it didn't help. Turning it on and off doesn't help either.

I doubt it's a CPU issue given the game continues to run in attract mode.

From your video it looks like the display is either losing power or signal. I know you said you reseated connections, but there are two connections that I know caused a similar issue for my game. Both are located on the monitor itself.

The next time it's happening, take the backglass off and remove the display panel. Have a look at the PCB on the back of the display. There will be a small LED - which should be green (as seen in the photo below). I've had an issue where the display would sometimes drop out like this and it's because power to the display was being lost (even though the power connector was plugged in). Over time, with the connector being installed at the bottom of the PCB, I think it put some stress on the connector. I ended up using a zip tie to keep it fully in place with the support to ensure the power no longer dropped out.

bop_display (resized).pngbop_display (resized).png

The second connector to check runs from this PCB to the display itself - it's a thin ribbon style cable. I've had this come loose too, which resulted in an occasional black screen. I can't provide a photo of that though sorry as I've sold my game. From my photo above though, you can see a black cable run under the PCB towards the base of the monitor - this is the one to check (at the point where it plugs into the monitor - it's a really thin connector).

#3032 11 months ago

LED on the board won't light up even when the screen doesn't black out. Stumped here.

#3033 11 months ago

Having a curious issue with my BoP and wonder if anyone has experienced this or has a suggestion.

When the game starts the 1 Mil jackpot insert lamp on the back box just blinks. The jackpot value won't advance no matter how many ramps, loops, spinner rotations are hit. The 1 mil insert just continues to flash rapidly. When I do the single lamp test the lights on the leg all work as expected. I tested all switches and they are registering. There are no stuck switches either. The game plays and works fine otherwise.

#3034 11 months ago

I had the same exact issue intermittently.
I never really found a fix. I reseated connectors a few times. All I can say is that it doesn’t happen as frequently when I play it often. Makes no sense I know…

#3035 11 months ago

Thanks. It’s very odd. I can’t seem to build a jackpot more than 2mil.
I reseated the lamp connectors, the cpu ribbon cable, thought maybe it was the led Ocd board so I removed that, still no change. Changed the rom with a different game version.

#3036 11 months ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Thanks. It’s very odd. I can’t seem to build a jackpot more than 2mil.
I reseated the lamp connectors, the cpu ribbon cable, thought maybe it was the led Ocd board so I removed that, still no change. Changed the rom with a different game version.

From memory, your jackpot value builds by completing small wheel modes. I think jackpots can also be increased during multiball by hitting the heartbeat ramp and loops.

Here's the rule sheet from the DP website:

https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/PDF/BoP2.0_Rules_Logic_Diagram.pdf

I'll include a screenshot too incase the link ever dies:

bop_2_rules (resized).pngbop_2_rules (resized).png

#3037 11 months ago

LED on the board won't light up even when the screen doesn't black out. Stumped here.

Yeah that is odd.

If you haven't already, check the power cable that runs from the display to the power board in the cabinet - make sure it's plugged in tight to the power board. If you have a spare outlet on the power board, maybe try swapping it over too.

Something else to try - Do you have a spare LCD monitor with a HDMI / DVI input? If you can, power it up (outside of the machine) and run the display cable from the BoP 2.0 computer to it. Does the issue still occur?

#3038 11 months ago

Apologies guys, I posted in the wrong thread. I have a standard BoP, no 2.0. I’ll repost in the other club thread.

#3039 11 months ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Yeah that is odd.
If you haven't already, check the power cable that runs from the display to the power board in the cabinet - make sure it's plugged in tight to the power board. If you have a spare outlet on the power board, maybe try swapping it over too.
Something else to try - Do you have a spare LCD monitor with a HDMI / DVI input? If you can, power it up (outside of the machine) and run the display cable from the BoP 2.0 computer to it. Does the issue still occur?

I totally forgot about the live DMD stream, so I checked that out and it doesn't black out there.

#3040 11 months ago

Fixed it! I'm not exactly sure what the problem was, but it was with the HDMI out/DVI input. I used the VGA connection instead and no more black outs! Not sure which was bad, cord, HDMI or DVI ports.

#3041 11 months ago

Fixed it! I'm not exactly sure what the problem was, but it was with the HDMI out/DVI input. I used the VGA connection instead and no more black outs! Not sure which was bad, cord, HDMI or DVI ports.

Nevermind, after 2 hours of working the way it should, it started blacking out again! I have my gaming monitor hooked up to it now and so far so good. If it runs fine, then one or both of the boards may be bad? can I replace those somehow?

#3042 11 months ago

External monitor seems to have no problem. I don't know man.

#3043 11 months ago

External monitor seems to have no problem. I don't know man.

I’ve wondered before but are replacement monitors even available? Not saying you need one. Calling koen! Help this guy out!

#3044 11 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I’ve wondered before but are replacement monitors even available? Not saying you need one. Calling koen! Help this guy out!

My monitor went bad and I bought a replacement. I believe it was $400 from Pinball Life. I'll see if I can find it, it was awhile ago.

#3045 11 months ago
Quoted from Shredso:

My monitor went bad and I bought a replacement. I believe it was $400 from Pinball Life. I'll see if I can find it, it was awhile ago.

If that’s the case I’ll probably buy one just in case while it’s still available!

#3046 11 months ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Please post a link . I couldn’t find it.

#3047 11 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Please post a link . I couldn’t find it.

Well, I'm rolling the dice and getting this guy. I'll keep you posted
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B4NQ76XM

#3049 11 months ago

Just got my BOP 2.0. Was looking around for a "2.0 manual". No such thing seems to exist.

Newbie Questions:

- In the display menu, there are a lot of "dot style"'s. Also, magnification, and other display adjustments. What are all those things? Preferred settings you use?

- Speaking of adjustments. Obviously the 1.0 stuff has preferences. Assuming everything is saved.

- In the head, there are a few connectors no longer in use. Assuming those were for the "old display".

- Batteries. What has a battery that needs to be replaced? Where are they? Types?

- It occasionally asks for the "face". I assume it wants to know what "face is up" so it can calibrate? Is that right?

Sorry for the all the newbie stuff. Couldn't find much of this by searching. I will read the whole 60+ page thread, just will take time.

-Rob

#3050 11 months ago

Another newbie 2.0 question:

For 1.0... there seems to be a ROM debate. I think I can select which ROM to use for 1.0. L7 the right choice? Heard something online about L8 and L6.

What is the verdict?

-Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 9.99
$ 27.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 9.95
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,148 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/61?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.