IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png
EFDACD6A-A27D-49B1-99F1-A94B7086313E (resized).jpeg
bop_2_rules (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,142 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 63.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I disagree. I went with the black decals on my machine with purple under cabinet lighting, purple leds in the helmet, purple pop caps and everything chrome. Mine stands out in my lineup. I think the panel (which looks black with purple trim) will look awesome from what I have seen in the pictures.

I know for a fact that the panel is purple, its in my house. Its funny. Tom-dk did the black decals and when I said it wont match he said oh it will look great. As of Monday he was on the DP forums asking if he can get the graphic file so that he can change the panel to black since it does not look good.

'I sthere a way, expect scanning, to get the speaker panel as a graphic ? I love the art but my Bride is a black Bride and the speaker panel
does not feet perfect from its color."

direct cut paste/spelling is not mine.

#252 9 years ago

couldn't you just mask out the DP logo and spray paint the grill whatever color you want?

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

couldn't you just mask out the DP logo and spray paint the grill whatever color you want?

sure, but why would you change the grill color?

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I disagree. I went with the black decals on my machine with purple under cabinet lighting, purple leds in the helmet, purple pop caps and everything chrome.

umm congrats, i guess.

#255 9 years ago

when i first received the kit i asked barry for a black version

he would check the price with his printing company, but get no answer

must say with the purple leds in the backbone it fits now ok for me

so i never asked him again

#256 9 years ago

OK. Can we put the black vs purple to rest on the backpanel? My philosophy is that if you are skilled enough to change the decals on your cab you should be skilled enough to make your own backpanel. Unless DP overcomplicated things, I'd assume they did it the same way Williams did. That would just be a plexi panel that is silkscreened. If you want to change it just scan the image in (kinkos will do it as will office depot if you don't have a scanner), change the color to your liking, have it printed (in reverse) on some nice material (same as what your cab decals are made of would be good), apply the decal on the back and replace the plexi panel.

I think we are way over complicating something that should be easy to change if you don't like it.

I would still argue that the panel should match the backglass which is probably why Williams made theirs black. For mine, I'll put it on there and ask the boss what she thinks. If it doesn't look good I'll make a new one.

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

OK. Can we put the black vs purple to rest on the backpanel? My philosophy is that if you are skilled enough to change the decals on your cab you should be skilled enough to make your own backpanel. Unless DP overcomplicated things, I'd assume they did it the same way Williams did. That would just be a plexi panel that is silkscreened. If you want to change it just scan the image in (kinkos will do it as will office depot if you don't have a scanner), change the color to your liking, have it printed (in reverse) on some nice material (same as what your cab decals are made of would be good), apply the decal on the back and replace the plexi panel.
I think we are way over complicating something that should be easy to change if you don't like it.
I would still argue that the panel should match the backglass which is probably why Williams made theirs black. For mine, I'll put it on there and ask the boss what she thinks. If it doesn't look good I'll make a new one.

I never said it was difficult, just that it won't match.

#258 9 years ago

i think DP has other problems at the moment
and no time to offer a black dmd panel

i hope you will receive your us kits in the next weeks

and that we will get updates

#259 9 years ago

I will see what it looks like.

If I don't like the way it looks, I will get my guy to print something else. Maybe something that says "Bride of Pinbot 2.0 Black Edition" with "suck it Calvin12" in little letters.

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

If I don't like the way it looks, I will get my guy to print something else. Maybe something that says "Bride of Pinbot 2.0 Black Edition" with "suck it Calvin12" in little letters.

i would be in for one

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

go for it.

#262 9 years ago

I came on here to hear from new club members, instead I get purple versus black. Maybe you guys should go start a new thread.

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I came on here to hear from new club members, instead I get purple versus black. Maybe you guys should go start a new thread.

No, for me as a owner of a "Black Edition", this discussion is need. When I ordered the kit, the shown panel was not colorized and I decided to use the black decals on the restoration.
Now it looks UGLY and if I could buy a black panel I would do so as well.

#264 9 years ago

Im in for a black panel.

#265 9 years ago

Not sure why they would do a purple panel which doesn't match the translite anyway. I would want the panel black even if my cabinet decals were purple.

If I ever get my kit, I will see what needs to be done to change it.

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from Jump:

No, for me as a owner of a "Black Edition", this discussion is need. When I ordered the kit, the shown panel was not colorized and I decided to use the black decals on the restoration.
Now it looks UGLY and if I could buy a black panel I would do so as well.

So, for one year I have been following this thread for updates. At first patiently and late, not so patiently. Suddenly 12 new posts appear and I think: "Hey, must be some big news!"... Nope...... Just 12 more purple vs. black posts.

I'm not saying there is no need for that discussion, but that maybe a new thread to conduct it would be nice.... Just sayin'.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

So, for one year I have been following this thread for updates. At first patiently and late, not so patiently. Suddenly 12 new posts appear and I think: "Hey, must be some big news!"... Nope...... Just 12 more purple vs. black posts.
I'm not saying there is no need for that discussion, but that maybe a new thread to conduct it would be nice.... Just sayin'.

Sorry. I thought that was what the "club" was for. Talking about things related to 2.0.

#268 9 years ago

While the bezel color discussions do not affect me (and I experience the same amount of frustration at the "appearance" of new news that is not new news. I think that any traffic signals to DP that we are still waiting and maybe creates some pressure on them to get this delivered.

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Sorry. I thought that was what the "club" was for. Talking about things related to 2.0.

Fair enough. None of it would matter if they would just ship the darn kits already......

Ok, back to purple vs. black.

#270 9 years ago

It's been a month since "the 'package'" was sent to the US and there has been no follow up. I've been getting some info from Scott but we shouldn't have to bug him to tell us what DP is doing.

DP, how about a f'ing update once in a while?

#271 9 years ago

Who updates first? DP on our kits or PPS on the playfields? Wonder what the Vegas odds on that bet would be.

#272 9 years ago

I got a sawbuck on the kits

#273 9 years ago

Anybody got a shipping notice yet?

#274 9 years ago

6 days ago Aurich wrote "The US kits should ship any day now from what I've heard. This thread should hopefully get some life soon. "

Of course, in pre-order time "any day now" approximates to "probably this year"

Thenotrashcougar has also been conspicuously quiet for the past month. Come on Scott! Throw us a bone!

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

6 days ago Aurich wrote "The US kits should ship any day now from what I've heard. This thread should hopefully get some life soon. "
Of course, in pre-order time "any day now" approximates to "probably this year"
Thenotrashcougar has also been conspicuously quiet for the past month. Come on Scott! Throw us a bone!

From what I understand it's out of Scott's hands now, probably why he's no longer updating. He's a super responsive dude, I'm working with him on a project now and getting a reply within 20 minutes isn't rare. I dunno what the delay is, but he thought they were going out.

#276 9 years ago

From what I understand, they're going out next week.

#277 9 years ago

I heard there was a hold-up on licensing. Ok. That was a bad joke, I know.

#278 9 years ago

Not sure how many check the DP forums but they just posted about signing up for beta testing if interested.

#279 9 years ago

That's great news as it means they are still doing coding. I'd just like to have my kit though

#280 9 years ago

sweet, im in for that.

#282 9 years ago

There's a note on the DP Forum that all of the US kits are assembled and will be shipped by Pinball Life in the next couple of days!

#283 9 years ago

Thanks Al!

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Fair enough. None of it would matter if they would just ship the darn kits already......
Ok, back to purple vs. black.

You are getting your wish. Now we can talk about Black vs. Purple again. Yay!

#285 9 years ago

I think I want one..........

#286 9 years ago

There was also the beta software release notes.. Looks like mostly improvements to bop 1.0 and being more tolerant of 20 year old games with busted switches? (If I'm reading that correct).

Awaiting some USA unboxing posts!

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

You are getting your wish. Now we can talk about Black vs. Purple again. Yay!

Not so fast, my friend. This whole escapade has jaded me to the point that I won't be convinced by another possible empty promise until I see a tracking number.

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Not so fast, my friend. This whole escapade has jaded me to the point that I won't be convinced by another possible empty promise until I see a tracking number.

Wow, you are jaded. What has DP ever done to you? Oh wait. nevermind...

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

There was also the beta software release notes.. Looks like mostly improvements to bop 1.0 and being more tolerant of 20 year old games with busted switches? (If I'm reading that correct).
Awaiting some USA unboxing posts!

the lane change inst about busted switched. Pinmame reports the flippers closed at all times so the lane change wouldn't work at all. also couldn't enter initials for high scores. I'll be testing the new f/w tomorrow, won't be home tonight to play.

#290 9 years ago

ah ok... that covers most of it. What's the the heartbeat ramp (no entrance switch required) bit about then? similar?

#291 9 years ago

That one would seem to be to account for a failed heart entry switch. I am assuming it monitors the entry still and if entry and exit are hit its normal. If just the exit is hit it will award normally, but if the miniPF entry is hit then the left mini PF exit it will understand its not a heart shot with a missed entry. I have no clue if this is always in effect or a compensation mode (credit dot) type of fix. If its an all the time thing it could lead to issues with a shuttle ramp to left mini PF exit if the mini PF entry switch is not working.

#292 9 years ago

used some old plexi and pieces of RGB stripes to build

gb.speakers today

very simple and i think it looks great

#293 9 years ago

Notice on the DP forums: US Kits will ship from pinball life today.

Anybody get a shipping notice yet?

#294 9 years ago

Free shipping?

Either way that's awesome

#295 9 years ago

dunno, Barry didn't say. I'm hopeful but if I have to pay I want to pay for faster delivery

#296 9 years ago

Nope, nothing

#297 9 years ago

Terry told me personally that they're shipping today.

#298 9 years ago

Hopefully these will tie in the black decals and the purple 2.0 scoreboard boarder. If not, I'll change it up.

rail 2.jpgrail 2.jpgrail 3.jpgrail 3.jpg

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Hopefully these will tie in the black decals and the purple 2.0 scoreboard boarder. If not, I'll change it up.

rail 3.jpg 82 KB

rail 2.jpg 104 KB

I'd like to see that when it is back together!

#300 9 years ago

I received a shipping notice from Fedex out of Huntley Ill. That should be it! Scheduled to arrive Wednesday! Hallelujah!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,142 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.