IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,149 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 63.
#2801 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Any word from Jesder?

Were you able to reproduce the issue when running the original sounds?

If you're not sure how to do that, there's a setting in the BoP 2.0 adjustments menu that lets you revert back to the old sounds (in other words, not use PinSound).

It can be found under: Adjustment Menu > Williams (1.0) > Sound engine

How easy is it to reproduce? Is it always via the sling shots?

#2802 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Were you able to reproduce the issue when running the original sounds?
If you're not sure how to do that, there's a setting in the BoP 2.0 adjustments menu that lets you revert back to the old sounds (in other words, not use PinSound).
It can be found under: Adjustment Menu > Williams (1.0) > Sound engine
How easy is it to reproduce? Is it always via the sling shots?

Didn’t duplicate the errors when running the original sounds. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to reproduce them again on pinsound either.
I can’t say it was just upon hitting the slings but that’s how it occurred the first time . Also being on the first face( mouth) second time she was on the second face( eyes) will continue to report when it happens again. Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this?

#2803 2 years ago

I finally got around to installing the update. Honestly the Pinsound studio version seems a bit wonky. I might just prefer the original pinmame version, garbled Pinbot speech and all.

One thing that is for certain, the decreased latency is MUCH appreciated and it is always nice to have options!

#2804 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I finally got around to installing the update. Honestly the Pinsound studio version seems a bit wonky. I might just prefer the original pinmame version, garbled Pinbot speech and all.
One thing that is for certain, the decreased latency is MUCH appreciated and it is always nice to have options!

Very surprised to read this. It’s sounds AMAZING on my game ! Care to post a video ?

#2805 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Very surprised to read this. It’s sounds AMAZING on my game ! Care to post a video ?

I might try to do an A/B video. Probably just what my ears are used to, but some music seems changed or missing, and the overlap of the sounds/music seems off.

#2806 2 years ago

I installed the update and couldn't even tell the difference in the audio. I wonder what is different between the various experiences with this.

#2807 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I installed the update and couldn't even tell the difference in the audio. I wonder what is different between the various experiences with this.

You mean the 1.0 sound, right? If pinmame can't connect to pinsound, it will default back to the original sound emulation (so you get at least some sound).

I can't give much more help as my BOP is sold and will be leaving in the next couple of days...

#2808 2 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

You mean the 1.0 sound, right? If pinmame can't connect to pinsound, it will default back to the original sound emulation (so you get at least some sound).
I can't give much more help as my BOP is sold and will be leaving in the next couple of days...

Yes, I am referring to 1.0 sounds. I don't know what pinmame connecting to pinsound means. Is there something I was supposed to do other than run the software update?

#2809 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Yes, I am referring to 1.0 sounds. I don't know what pinmame connecting to pinsound means. Is there something I was supposed to do other than run the software update?

Go to the adjustment menu. Select pinsound.
It’s a world of difference!

#2810 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I don't know what pinmame connecting to pinsound means

I think it should just work by default. Pinmame is the software which is emulating the original WPC game. Previously it also emulated all the sound hardware in the original game which doesn't produce good quality results. The latest update from DP installs a program from Pinsound called "Pinsound Studio". If this is running and is selected in the menu, then Pinmame will attempt to connect to Pinsound Studio. If that is successful, all sound commands will be sent to Pinsound instead, which plays high quality .wav files instead.

#2811 2 years ago

Ok guys. The BOP with the 2.0 kit finally showed up on my doorstep. Plays it a little tonight after updating to the 1.21 code. The deal fell thru so I’m putting the kit back up. Here is the ad

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-20-kit

#2812 2 years ago

Going back to play 2.0 on the new code …
Upon getting the first multi all, the face will now turn to the first face ( mouth) on its own. After completing this, it returns to the 3rd face.

#2813 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Upon getting the first multi all, the face will now turn to the first face ( mouth) on its own. After completing this, it returns to the 3rd face.

Edit… just switched back to 1.19. She did the same thing.Appears I have a mechanical issue.

#2814 2 years ago

It used to prompt you sometimes to confirm which face it was on before the game started, does it still do that? My BOP 2.0 kit is not installed any more and the pin itself is all packed up as it's sold, so I can't test anything any more...

#2815 2 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

It used to prompt you sometimes to confirm which face it was on before the game started, does it still do that? My BOP 2.0 kit is not installed any more and the pin itself is all packed up as it's sold, so I can't test anything any more...

Yes the prompt still comes up. I made sure to use the correct face. I previously had a issue where the faces weren’t turning at all due to a broken wire. I also had to adjust the switch inside her head. 67 I believe. Any ideas on what may be causing this? Will there be a credit dot on 1.0 if something is incorrect?

#2816 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Will there be a credit dot on 1.0 if something is incorrect?

No idea. In 1.0 there is a test for the head somewhere in the test menu. You can rotate the head and it'll show you if/when the switch closes. Maybe that helps.

#2817 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

That's the normal behavior in 2.0
General gameplay uses face 3
Multiball 1 uses face 1 (mouth)
Multiball 2 (if you finished MB1) uses face 2 (eyes)
Metamorphosis uses face 4

#2818 2 years ago

If anybody is interested, I found these spare computers on fleebay. I think these are the same computers as was in batch 1 but should work as a backup for all batches of bop 2.0 kits. I got one as a spare in case my computer dies at some point. Note it only has 2GB of memory and the original kits had 4gb. If you're just using it as a spare you should be able to swap your memory or you could just order a 4gb memory module for it.

ebay.com link: itm

#2819 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

That's the normal behavior in 2.0
General gameplay uses face 3
Multiball 1 uses face 1 (mouth)
Multiball 2 (if you finished MB1) uses face 2 (eyes)
Metamorphosis uses face 4

Your correct. I had previously posted where I had a mechanical issue with the faces. Turns out this must have been like that for a while without me knowing.

#2820 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Ok guys. The BOP with the 2.0 kit finally showed up on my doorstep. Plays it a little tonight after updating to the 1.21 code. The deal fell thru so I’m putting the kit back up. Here is the ad
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-20-kit

Kit is sold. Thanks for all the interest.

#2821 2 years ago

Just got shipping confirmation on my new kit

#2822 2 years ago
Quoted from eckelpeckel:

Just got shipping confirmation on my new kit

Very nice! Take a picture of the PC that's included please!

#2823 2 years ago

I'm still waiting on tracking info, I emailed a few weeks ago and Barry @ Dutch pinball said his mom passed away last month so it has caused delays which is totally understandable.

They have been pretty easy to work with so far considering how wild the world is right now with shipping and covid-19.

#2824 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Very nice! Take a picture of the PC that's included please!

I too am interested in the new PC since my original has died and I'm going to have to figure out how to replace it and re-set up the program to run.

#2825 2 years ago

I'd love help trying to get my BOP 2.0 running again. It won't boot up, it looks like it's going to and then resets, here is a video of what's happening. I can't tell if it's the PC dying or a board problem:

Thanks!

#2826 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I too am interested in the new PC since my original has died and I'm going to have to figure out how to replace it and re-set up the program to run.

Quoted from nwpinball:

I'd love help trying to get my BOP 2.0 running again. It won't boot up, it looks like it's going to and then resets, here is a video of what's happening. I can't tell if it's the PC dying or a board problem:

Thanks!

Have you reached out to Koen ?

#2827 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Have you reached out to Koen ?

I messaged Dutch finally and shot a video of what's wrong tonight. Finally getting around to trying to solve my problems. I could try Koen too. Thanks!

#2828 2 years ago

Got my kit today, heres the PC that comes with it.. not gonna unpack it just yet as i cant start working on my bop right away..

20220120_134134 (resized).jpg20220120_134134 (resized).jpg
#2829 2 years ago

Received my kit today. Installed it all. Awesome game! Only the pc will not start when turning on the machine. Anybody encountered that problem? When i turn on the pc by hand everything works fine. Even the shutdown seems to work normal.

#2830 2 years ago

have to have the power strip wired to full time power. The cpu will cycle with the game then. CPU, LCD, and power adapter board should all be wired for power all the time

#2831 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

have to have the power strip wired to full time power. The cpu will cycle with the game then. CPU, LCD, and power adapter board should all be wired for power all the time

What most people did with the earlier kits it plugged a power strip into the service outlet in the bottom of the cabinet, which should have continuous power. And then plugged everything in to that. There is still some weirdness generally where you need to turn on power to the game and then flip the power switch under the cab.

#2832 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

hm have to check that again. it should be like that. i wired the includes powerstrip to the cables described coming out from the outlet box in the cabinet.

#2833 2 years ago

When I installed mine i bought an additional power strip, so one power Strip is wired Continually and one is wired into the switch of the game so things that dont need power arent powered

#2834 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

When I installed mine i bought an additional power strip, so one power Strip is wired Continually and one is wired into the switch of the game so things that dont need power arent powered

I would think a $2k kit would have this issue sorted out and preferred/ proper installation described with detailed instruction. Is that not the case?

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

Received my kit today. Installed it all. Awesome game! Only the pc will not start when turning on the machine. Anybody encountered that problem? When i turn on the pc by hand everything works fine. Even the shutdown seems to work normal.

Problem solved, Barry wrote me that one cable was wrong, i clipped and soldered it correctly, now everything works fine. He would also have sent me a new cable.

#2836 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I would think a $2k kit would have this issue sorted out and preferred/ proper installation described with detailed instruction. Is that not the case?

It does.

#2837 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

The installation instruction is very good. Nice pictures of what you have to do, all is clear and easy to do.

#2838 2 years ago

Yay, tonight I got my Bride running again after about a year of it being down! Big ups to Barry and Dutch Pinball for still doing product support for a batch 2 kit I bought way back in 2015. Barry's instructions were perfect, I had to replace the CMOS battery, then redo the BIOS settings according to Koen's photos and instructions on the Dutch forum and boom, I was up and running again. Now to update my software!

#2839 2 years ago

Now I've got to get better at this game so my scores on the Dutch live page aren't so terrible. It looks like some of you that got kits recently are popping up
https://www.dutchpinball.com/bop2/live/

#2840 2 years ago

In case you are still on the fence about ordering a 2.0 kit, Barry from Dutch pinball messaged me "We probably won't we selling the kits again after the current batch we're doing right now, but you never know : ) "

So it's likely they won't make more or at least wait another 5 years until demand is clear.

#2841 2 years ago

Anyone from the states receive an email that their kit was shipping yet?

#2842 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Anyone from the states receive an email that their kit was shipping yet?

Not yet, patiently waiting.

#2843 2 years ago
Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

Not yet, patiently waiting.

Just received an email from Barry that my kit will ship tomorrow. UPS tracking included.

#2844 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Just received an email from Barry that my kit will ship tomorrow. UPS tracking included.

Got an email w/ tracking it's being shipped out tomorrow as well!

#2845 2 years ago

Nice!

#2846 2 years ago

What was the total cost with shipping for U.S. buyers with the new run of 2.0 kits?

#2847 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

What was the total cost with shipping for U.S. buyers with the new run of 2.0 kits?

€1995
That includes €100 for shipping

#2848 2 years ago

Are the new kits still delivered with Windows XP/7, or do they have an updated OS? I would be interested in upgrading mine with a new PC/OS, but it would be nice to know if/how it is supported.

#2849 2 years ago

New 2.0 kit just arrived in Detroit Michigan. I’ll be getting into it this weekend.

#2850 2 years ago

Update:
the kit used to be available in a US power strip, but since all the wiring is eternal it can be wired up with the euro plug and still work

- - - - -

In the US, requested the US kit, but got the Euro.

It seems all the power supplies can handle 100 - 240 volts, so I should be OK just replacing a regular 110 US power strip and then using a reg US PC power cord for the display and a 3 prong mickey mouse power cord to hook into the PC PS I should be fine. Any issues I should be aware of? There is no 110 / 240 switch on the PC.

Super excited to rock this.

FYI: The audio amp is now a board you mount in the back instead of a sep device in the lower cab. That threw me off for a bit.

PS (resized).jpgPS (resized).jpgeuro1 (resized).jpgeuro1 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 9.99
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 9.95
There are 3,149 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.