IMG_4083 (resized).JPG
IMG_4081 (resized).JPG
fullsizeoutput_5282 (resized).jpeg
231E1676-14F3-40FE-9F90-3403AC7C986F (resized).png
IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
bop_cabinet_complete_7 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2712 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 55.
#2651 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Not bad. Except for multiball and 250k .
I like your shooter lane cover!

Thank you for the Cover

And thank you for your Feedback...

What you didn't Like about the 250k?

This was the first try I have to replace some Files and have to pay more attention to the Transitions

#2652 1 year ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Thank you for the Cover
And thank you for your Feedback...
What you didn't Like about the 250k?
This was the first try I have to replace some Files and have to pay more attention to the Transitions

I just like the original music better. This one seems slow to me for this mode.
When this all started I had mentioned the released backround music on start of game play seemed lame compared to the early released video from DP. Over time I've liked it better. Maybe you can use this track somewhere ? I've been told from a good source that this track still remains in the programming that can be accessed .

#2653 1 year ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

I contemplated going that route three years ago, just before they announced the third run. I believe bootlegging it yourself will not be a big problem, you need a computer running Windows 7, a PROC and a 15" LCD screen. And indeed a copy of the software. DP will not be supporting this, as there will be a licensing issue.
There is one small piece of custom hardware (that probably you can do without) that sends a pulse to the PC to turn it on when it gets 5V from the pin, and another pulse to turn it of when it loses 5V - this is to gracefully exit Windows.
See if you can get a dump from the original hard drive and try to get it to work on your desk first.
I might at some point try something similar, as I am contemplating upgrading the hardware to a nice Intel NUC i5.

Thank you for your input. I got a reply from Barry Driessen. He will se if they still have a minicomputer and if so they can install the software on that. That would be a step forward. So I am crossing fingers here... Good to know about the hardware to turn PC on ond off by getting a pulse.

#2654 1 year ago

Just saw an amazing BOP 2.0 that Top Score built. Kinda missed the boat on this a few years back a I wasn't 100% sold.

Now I am kind of regretting not picking one up now. From a long-term standpoint perhaps it was a good decision but
you always want what you do not have.

#2655 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Just saw an amazing BOP 2.0 that Top Score built. Kinda missed the boat on this a few years back a I wasn't 100% sold.
Now I am kind of regretting not picking one up now. From a long-term standpoint perhaps it was a good decision but
you always want what you do not have.

I love our 2.0, no regrets here. Fun to be able to play updated code and the original.

#2656 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I love our 2.0, no regrets here. Fun to be able to play updated code and the original.

I haven't played the original game since upgrading many years ago. Which is kinda crazy, but I guess that's how much I like 2.0

#2657 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I haven't played the original game since upgrading many years ago. Which is kinda crazy, but I guess that's how much I like 2.0

2.0 is a blast.

I usually show people 1.0 when they never have played BOP so they can see the original and Appreciate the 2.0 code

2 months later
#2658 1 year ago

Has there been any development on the 1.0 lag fix??

1 week later
#2659 11 months ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

here you can hear the soundmodifications i did to the BOP

Very cool. I was able to change some of mine out too. Mostly the main theme was bothering me. I think the reason it bothers most people is that it is a loop of only 45 seconds. I used the TNA main theme and it is 4 minutes long, so if you have a really good ball it doesn't get repetitive. I also changed the intro, multiball, bonus calculation and game over to different TNA songs. I am thinking about changing out the rest soon as well.

Thanks for the inspiration.

#2660 11 months ago

Were you able to maintain high audio quality? I swapped out some music too, and while it sounds good if I listen to the files from Windows File Explorer, it sounds like shit when they're played in the game. I don't know squat about audio, but it appears I'm using the same quality settings as the original. I've tried multiple files and it's the same with all of them.

#2661 11 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Were you able to maintain high audio quality? I swapped out some music too, and while it sounds good if I listen to the files from Windows File Explorer, it sounds like shit when they're played in the game. I don't know squat about audio, but it appears I'm using the same quality settings as the original. I've tried multiple files and it's the same with all of them.

Mine actually sounded really good. I exported them as 16 bit, if that helps. The level was not quite as high as the originals. Maybe if the originals were a 10 in Volume the new files were an 8 which is actually ok with me since it isn't as distracting and the sound effects are louder.

5 months later
#2662 6 months ago

Hi.
I'm going to restore my Bop and due the restoration is really deep, I'd like to upgrade it to the 2.0 version, surely more funny.
I wrote to dutch pinball days ago, unfortunately without response.
Does someone have any idea on how to get the necessary for making the upgrade due dutch pinball is not responding ?

#2663 6 months ago

They are no longer available or in production. Dutch Pinball is currently busy making the Big Lebowski. Not sure if they have plans to make these again.

#2664 6 months ago

The kits are long sold out and I know there are quite a few people interested in another run. Cointaker actually made the 3rd batch, I'd consider reaching out to them if Dutch isn't responding. It seems like if they could get a list of 25 people wanting to buy, it would be enough to prompt a 4th batch, it's been many years.

#2665 6 months ago
Quoted from Snux:

Radio silence, I'm afraid.
I'm due to go into hospital for heart surgery in the next week or two, so BOP isn't exactly top of my mind at the moment. I'll chase it when I get back up to speed again. In case I'm not able to pick it up again for whatever reason, there is one other install of the updates with a beta tester who does contribute to this thread, so it won't get lost.

Hi Snux checking in to see how you’re doing? I hope the heart surgery has had good recovery.

I hope you’re well, and strong!

Can we try to make some new progress on the bop sound emulation updates for 1.0 if you’re up to it ?

I’d love to get this perfect soon if possible, I know you hold only 1 of 2 keys, but you’re our best hope I think.

#2666 6 months ago

fossmin
nwpinball
Thank you for the answers. I think it's stupid creating a pinball arcade and then stopping it if there is still demand.
They gain anyway money. If I prpduce 1 kit or 20 kits the gain is the same pro kit.
I know they are producing the big lebowsky.
But you have to think: if people know they will have a "customer care" for a short time, do you think they will sell more or less ?
Anyway a respectable businness man will answer everyone, even if it takes time.

#2667 6 months ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

fossmin
nwpinball
Thank you for the answers. I think it's stupid creating a pinball arcade and then stopping it if there is still demand.
They gain anyway money. If I prpduce 1 kit or 20 kits the gain is the same pro kit.
I know they are producing the big lebowsky.
But you have to think: if people know they will have a "customer care" for a short time, do you think they will sell more or less ?
Anyway a respectable businness man will answer everyone, even if it takes time.

The Dutch pinball guys don’t think about business the same as traditional business , plus i think they were tied up in lawsuits for a few years.

The kit had parts (circuit boards) that are no longer available.
The kits were $2000, not a whole ton of demand for that price tag, plus if they build more kits I would expect an increase on price... also, the sound emulation in 1.0 is not correct, there’s a fix, but DP is not focused on helping the fix get to the customer.

#2668 6 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

The Dutch pinball guys don’t think about business the same as traditional business , plus i think they were tied up in lawsuits for a few years.
The kit had parts (circuit boards) that are no longer available.
The kits were $2000, not a whole ton of demand for that price tag, plus if they build more kits I would expect an increase on price... also, the sound emulation in 1.0 is not correct, there’s a fix, but DP is not focused on helping the fix get to the customer.

Maybe you are right.
Let's see.
They answered me, writing here shakered something, they are going to produce some other kits.
I will inform you all how it will go on.

#2669 6 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Can we try to make some new progress on the bop sound emulation updates for 1.0

It's been radio silence for some time now. The improved 1.0 version requires a new build of pinmame, a copy of Pinsound Studio, the sound files and a couple of other bits and pieces.

The Pinsound folks understandably don't want to have their software running on a commercial product without some kind of recompense and proposed that DP let them have the sound assets from BOP 2.0 (so they can make a remix for 1.0 using 2.0 sounds). DP weren't interested in that and to be honest are not really interested in the 1.0 upgrade at all as they have bigger fish to fry with TBL etc.

So that's where things have remained. I'm likely to sell my BOP at some point soon as it's not being played, but there is one more person with a copy of the update; he did a lot of beta testing and lots of tweaks to the sound files. He's willing to host the update on his website along with the install instructions (it's not automated, you need to hook a keyboard and mouse up to the PC in the machine) but only once DP / Pinsound are happy. He has posted in this thread before but I'll let him decide if he wants to make himself known or not.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

I hope the heart surgery has had good recovery

Yup, all good thanks, caught it in time so no lasting effects

#2670 6 months ago
Quoted from Snux:

It's been radio silence for some time now. The improved 1.0 version requires a new build of pinmame, a copy of Pinsound Studio, the sound files and a couple of other bits and pieces.
The Pinsound folks understandably don't want to have their software running on a commercial product without some kind of recompense and proposed that DP let them have the sound assets from BOP 2.0 (so they can make a remix for 1.0 using 2.0 sounds). DP weren't interested in that and to be honest are not really interested in the 1.0 upgrade at all as they have bigger fish to fry with TBL etc.
So that's where things have remained. I'm likely to sell my BOP at some point soon as it's not being played, but there is one more person with a copy of the update; he did a lot of beta testing and lots of tweaks to the sound files. He's willing to host the update on his website along with the install instructions (it's not automated, you need to hook a keyboard and mouse up to the PC in the machine) but only once DP / Pinsound are happy. He has posted in this thread before but I'll let him decide if he wants to make himself known or not.

Yup, all good thanks, caught it in time so no lasting effects

Great news on your health!!

I’m always waiting eagerly on the update! Long live Bop 1.0!

#2671 6 months ago

Snux

I sent you a DM, looks like DP / Barry is ready to jump in.

#2672 6 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

snux
I sent you a DM, looks like DP / Barry is ready to jump in.

What can you tell us?

#2673 6 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

What can you tell us?

Good news for everyone that is looking for a kit, DP is creating a new batch of kits., Barry said that now would be the time to implement any fixes to the software that need to be done. He just needs those that have the fix to get in touch with him to start moving forward.

#2674 6 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Good news for everyone that is looking for a kit, DP is creating a new batch of kits., Barry said that now would be the time to implement any fixes to the software that need to be done. He just needs those that have the fix to get in touch with him to start moving forward.

When you say the fix, do you mean the sound on 1.0?

#2675 6 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

When you say the fix, do you mean the sound on 1.0?

That and some lighting issues on 2.0 is what we are trying for

#2676 6 months ago
Quoted from Snux:

I'm likely to sell my BOP at some point soon as it's not being played, but there is one more person with a copy of the update; he did a lot of beta testing and lots of tweaks to the sound files. He's willing to host the update on his website along with the install instructions (it's not automated, you need to hook a keyboard and mouse up to the PC in the machine) but only once DP / Pinsound are happy. He has posted in this thread before but I'll let him decide if he wants to make himself known or not.

I may as well out myself. I really hope we get to see this update roll out at some point to all 2.0 owners. I don't plan to sell my 2.0 anytime soon, so if snux does move on, I'm still keen to see it through.

#2677 6 months ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I may as well out myself. I really hope we get to see this update roll out at some point to all 2.0 owners. I don't plan to sell my 2.0 anytime soon, so if snux does move on, I'm still keen to see it through.

Thank you, that’s amazing!!!

we certainly appreciate any help to get this pushed forward

1 week later
#2678 6 months ago

Cross your fingers and watch this space some more, there is some movement in the 1.0 sound improvements / bug fixes being made available........ Hopefully more news soon.

#2679 6 months ago
Quoted from Snux:

Cross your fingers and watch this space some more, there is some movement in the 1.0 sound improvements / bug fixes being made available........ Hopefully more news soon.

Haven't reached out to Barry myself but can you find out if they can add call outs in a attract mode?

#2680 6 months ago

This is great news!

#2681 6 months ago
Quoted from Snux:

Super excited about this, crossing my fingers!

#2682 6 months ago

If they release new kits with new hardware and programming, I'm sure there is an instamarket for mini-kits for the 100 or so of use that have the original kits. And I'm guessing it won't be that hard to sell another 50 new kits at 2K a pop after it's been off market for so many years. I've been surprised all along Dutch hasn't made more, I know they've been focused on getting Big Lebowski up and running again, but there is $ to be made off Bride 2.0 kits to help in that effort.

#2683 6 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

If they release new kits with new hardware and programming, I'm sure there is an instamarket for mini-kits for the 100 or so of use that have the original kits. And I'm guessing it won't be that hard to sell another 50 new kits at 2K a pop after it's been off market for so many years. I've been surprised all along Dutch hasn't made more, I know they've been focused on getting Big Lebowski up and running again, but there is $ to be made off Bride 2.0 kits to help in that effort.

I was thinking this was going to be a code update for existing users. Not a whole new or add on kit.

#2684 6 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Haven't reached out to Barry myself but can you find out if they can add call outs in a attract mode?

Hi, I'm not involved in the 2.0 stuff at all, so no idea if they're planning anything there in the way of bug fixes or new functionality. For sure they *could* add call outs, but whether they're interested in doing so I don't know. This might just be the 1.0 improvement or it might be more, have to wait and see.

#2685 6 months ago

If this is only going to be the 1.0 improvement I also don't know if this will be an official update from DP, or if it'll be a DIY job where we release the update elsewhere with instructions on how to install them yourself.

#2686 6 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I was thinking this was going to be a code update for existing users. Not a whole new or add on kit.

That would be great, I was thinking they needed to upgrade the computer. If a software update that works in the new kits can be loaded on the older computers, that would be fantastic.

1 week later
#2687 5 months ago

My Bride 2.0 has worked reliably for like 7 years, but today my batch 2 kit (Gigabyte PC) isn't showing new play on the live score tracker page. I'm not finding the WiFi settings at all in the set up menu and barely remember how the settings work. Can anyone school me how to get it back on Wifi? I seem to remember needing to plug in a keyboard and do it in Windows on the PC, but there are no free USB ports (is there something I can unplug?) and I don't know how to boot it to Windows. Thanks!

#2688 5 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

My Bride 2.0 has worked reliably for like 7 years, but today my batch 2 kit (Gigabyte PC) isn't showing new play on the live score tracker page. I'm not finding the WiFi settings at all in the set up menu and barely remember how the settings work. Can anyone school me how to get it back on Wifi? I seem to remember needing to plug in a keyboard and do it in Windows on the PC, but there are no free USB ports (is there something I can unplug?) and I don't know how to boot it to Windows. Thanks!

I have the Gigabyte PC also. There should be 1 free USB port on the front.

You will need a small USB hub that you can connect your mouse and keyboard to. The hub can then be connected to the free port on the front.

The machine always boots into Windows, so you won't need to do anything special on start up. Once the game is in attract mode, you can use the mouse and keyboard to navigate windows. If you move the mouse around, you should see it appear over the BoP 2.0 score display. If you move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the display, you should get the windows task bar appear.

I'm pretty sure the wifi settings are in windows, not BoP 2.0. So there should be a network/wifi icon in the system tray (right side of the windows task bar). In there you should be able to configure your wifi settings for your network.

#2689 5 months ago

Thanks! I just ordered a usb hub on Amazon so I can get it working again this weekend. I think before I managed to do it just using the keyboard, but it was difficult.

1 month later
#2690 4 months ago

I just heard that DP and Pinsound have come to an agreement which permits the improved sound package for 1.0 (and a few other 1.0 fixes) to be released. DP are going to be building another batch of 2.0 kits, so this is great timing! I'm not sure yet about timing for updates on existing machines as that will need some testing, but we'll be working with DP to get that sorted out.

#2691 4 months ago
Quoted from Snux:

I just heard that DP and Pinsound have come to an agreement which permits the improved sound package for 1.0 (and a few other 1.0 fixes) to be released. DP are going to be building another batch of 2.0 kits, so this is great timing! I'm not sure yet about timing for updates on existing machines as that will need some testing, but we'll be working with DP to get that sorted out.

That's great news! Thank you for the update.

#2692 4 months ago
Quoted from Snux:

Snux, thank you!... thank you for not giving up, right when we thought there was no hope, we tried one more time!

@ Barry with Dutch Pinball, many thanks, this is very exciting, seriously, you’re awesome!

#2693 4 months ago
Quoted from Snux:

I hope this will be a easy upgrade for existing 2.0 owners. Even though I never play the original version .

1 week later
#2694 4 months ago

This is fantastic news. Can't wait until existing owners can update their sounds. Thanks for continuing to fight for this!

Quoted from Snux:

1 month later
#2695 73 days ago
Quoted from Snux:

Any updates to report?

#2696 73 days ago

Snux . Any update?

#2697 73 days ago

We need alpha testers for this update somewhere in the coming weeks.
Please apply if you have some time and are comfortable to hook up mouse and keyboard in the case the update needs to be reverted. Send me a PM with your email address to apply, thank you.

#2698 72 days ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

We need alpha testers for this update somewhere in the coming weeks.
Please apply if you have some time and are comfortable to hook up mouse and keyboard in the case the update needs to be reverted. Send me a PM with your email address to apply, thank you.

So is it safe to say this will be a simple software update?

#2699 72 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

So is it safe to say this will be a simple software update?

Correct. The update is done via USB and the update feature in the service menu.

Koen has done a great job automating the manual steps Snux and I had put together.

You will only need a keyboard and mouse if you need to revert to back to 1.19.

#2700 72 days ago

Alpha testers get in there!!

I’ll send a message to alpha test this weekend, I don’t want to jump in until I actually have time in

Thank you KoenHeltzel !!!

There are 2712 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 55.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside