New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 72381)

BOP 2.0 Owners Club (Members Only)

By awarner

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,661 posts
  • 174 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by BadBrad97
  • Topic is favorited by 67 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 366 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2020-05-18 21.45.34 (resized).jpg
4B62A3F2-9288-49C9-B52B-64D424AA8DA7 (resized).jpeg
2C09922A-1FDF-403E-939B-3BC65AEEE784 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_4082 (resized).JPG
IMG_4083 (resized).JPG
IMG_4081 (resized).JPG
fullsizeoutput_5282 (resized).jpeg
231E1676-14F3-40FE-9F90-3403AC7C986F (resized).png
IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
bop_cabinet_complete_7 (resized).jpg
bop_cabinet_complete_5 (resized).jpg
bop_cabinet_complete_6 (resized).jpg
bop_cabinet_complete_3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2661 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 54.
#2651 4 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Not bad. Except for multiball and 250k .
I like your shooter lane cover!

Thank you for the Cover

And thank you for your Feedback...

What you didn't Like about the 250k?

This was the first try I have to replace some Files and have to pay more attention to the Transitions

#2652 4 months ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Thank you for the Cover
And thank you for your Feedback...
What you didn't Like about the 250k?
This was the first try I have to replace some Files and have to pay more attention to the Transitions

I just like the original music better. This one seems slow to me for this mode.
When this all started I had mentioned the released backround music on start of game play seemed lame compared to the early released video from DP. Over time I've liked it better. Maybe you can use this track somewhere ? I've been told from a good source that this track still remains in the programming that can be accessed .

#2653 4 months ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

I contemplated going that route three years ago, just before they announced the third run. I believe bootlegging it yourself will not be a big problem, you need a computer running Windows 7, a PROC and a 15" LCD screen. And indeed a copy of the software. DP will not be supporting this, as there will be a licensing issue.
There is one small piece of custom hardware (that probably you can do without) that sends a pulse to the PC to turn it on when it gets 5V from the pin, and another pulse to turn it of when it loses 5V - this is to gracefully exit Windows.
See if you can get a dump from the original hard drive and try to get it to work on your desk first.
I might at some point try something similar, as I am contemplating upgrading the hardware to a nice Intel NUC i5.

Thank you for your input. I got a reply from Barry Driessen. He will se if they still have a minicomputer and if so they can install the software on that. That would be a step forward. So I am crossing fingers here... Good to know about the hardware to turn PC on ond off by getting a pulse.

#2654 4 months ago

Just saw an amazing BOP 2.0 that Top Score built. Kinda missed the boat on this a few years back a I wasn't 100% sold.

Now I am kind of regretting not picking one up now. From a long-term standpoint perhaps it was a good decision but
you always want what you do not have.

#2655 4 months ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Just saw an amazing BOP 2.0 that Top Score built. Kinda missed the boat on this a few years back a I wasn't 100% sold.
Now I am kind of regretting not picking one up now. From a long-term standpoint perhaps it was a good decision but
you always want what you do not have.

I love our 2.0, no regrets here. Fun to be able to play updated code and the original.

#2656 4 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I love our 2.0, no regrets here. Fun to be able to play updated code and the original.

I haven't played the original game since upgrading many years ago. Which is kinda crazy, but I guess that's how much I like 2.0

#2657 4 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I haven't played the original game since upgrading many years ago. Which is kinda crazy, but I guess that's how much I like 2.0

2.0 is a blast.

I usually show people 1.0 when they never have played BOP so they can see the original and Appreciate the 2.0 code

2 months later
#2658 37 days ago

Has there been any development on the 1.0 lag fix??

1 week later
#2659 25 days ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

here you can hear the soundmodifications i did to the BOP

Very cool. I was able to change some of mine out too. Mostly the main theme was bothering me. I think the reason it bothers most people is that it is a loop of only 45 seconds. I used the TNA main theme and it is 4 minutes long, so if you have a really good ball it doesn't get repetitive. I also changed the intro, multiball, bonus calculation and game over to different TNA songs. I am thinking about changing out the rest soon as well.

Thanks for the inspiration.

#2660 25 days ago

Were you able to maintain high audio quality? I swapped out some music too, and while it sounds good if I listen to the files from Windows File Explorer, it sounds like shit when they're played in the game. I don't know squat about audio, but it appears I'm using the same quality settings as the original. I've tried multiple files and it's the same with all of them.

#2661 24 days ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Were you able to maintain high audio quality? I swapped out some music too, and while it sounds good if I listen to the files from Windows File Explorer, it sounds like shit when they're played in the game. I don't know squat about audio, but it appears I'm using the same quality settings as the original. I've tried multiple files and it's the same with all of them.

Mine actually sounded really good. I exported them as 16 bit, if that helps. The level was not quite as high as the originals. Maybe if the originals were a 10 in Volume the new files were an 8 which is actually ok with me since it isn't as distracting and the sound effects are louder.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Various Other Swag
Circus Maximus
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
There are 2661 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 54.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside