IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png
EFDACD6A-A27D-49B1-99F1-A94B7086313E (resized).jpeg
bop_2_rules (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,148 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 63.
#2601 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Anyone know if it's possible to swap out music in this game like you can in Sterns with Pinball Browser? I absolutely can't stand the main music track that plays in this game. I've been trying to sell my 2.0 game (or possibly pull the kit and keep the 1.0 game), but I played with headphones listening to unrelated music the other day and enjoyed the game more than usual. I was thinking if I could put different theme music in, I might want to keep the game around a while.
Anyone know if this is possible?

I have to agree that the music is really repetitive and distracting. I would love to change it out.

#2602 3 years ago
Quoted from waynestatemac:

Guys, I got a general question about the 2.0 game that I haven't been able to see a youtube video on. What is supposed to happen after I get all my jackpots in the first multiball and then start the second round of multiball where it shows each ball going into her waist? The shuttle ramp flashes but I shoot it up there and it doesn't register any points. Shooting up other ramps adds to the jackpot value but there seems to be nothing else to do in the second multiball or no way to get a jackpot. The game doesn't even call out what to do or where to shoot the ball. I'm running the 1.19 code and everything else in the game seems to work correctly.

To lock a ball for the 2nd multiball, you have to hit the heartbeat ramp, which triggers an animation, and then hit the shuttle ramp within a few seconds. Since you mentioned seeing the ball go into her waist, it sounds like you may already get this part.

Once you've locked 3 balls, you'll start the multiball. In the 2nd multiball, you have to lock two balls at a time, three times.

#2603 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Anyone know if it's possible to swap out music in this game like you can in Sterns with Pinball Browser? I absolutely can't stand the main music track that plays in this game. I've been trying to sell my 2.0 game (or possibly pull the kit and keep the 1.0 game), but I played with headphones listening to unrelated music the other day and enjoyed the game more than usual. I was thinking if I could put different theme music in, I might want to keep the game around a while.

This is just a guess: I think BOP2 is running with MPF and Windows (or Ubuntu?) then a computer. The code source might not be available of course but you could try to run the computer (I believe there is one) and search for .wave files. maybe if you’re lucky, there should be only the one used for this project. Again this is just a guess. If you’re lucky and found the file, then you need to keep its name, replace by another file (song) with the exact same name in the same directory.

#2604 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Hookup a keyboard/mouse/USB stick with the new wav file music to the PC, open Windows explorer on the BoP PC and swap out main_theme.wav file, it's in something like C:\brideofpinbot\1.16\assets\music\main_theme\main_theme.wav

If you don't understand the above instructions, or how to backup/restore the file/game PC in case it blows up your BoP, you shouldn't do anything I suggested.

#2605 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Hookup a keyboard/mouse/USB stick with the new wav file music to the PC, open Windows explorer on the BoP PC and swap out main_theme.wav file, it's in something like C:\brideofpinbot\1.16\assets\music\main_theme\main_theme.wav
If you don't understand the above instructions, or how to backup/restore the file/game PC in case it blows up your BoP, you shouldn't do anything I suggested.

WAIT...seriously? Is this really that easy? Do you know if I can throw anything in there, or do I need to maintain song length like you do in Pinball Browser?

If this really works, you're a *bride* saver!

#2606 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Holy crap...this worked and to answer my own question, no -- the new audio does not need to be the same length. I'm officially pulling my game off the market for the time being.

I threw in some Carpenter Brut - Turbo Killer and it actually fits with the rest of the music pretty well. I choose to splice it up and put part of the song as the skillshot music and the rest as the main theme. The wife and I love it so far. Thanks!!!

The one problem, the sound quality sucks once it's run through the game. I used the same bitrate file as the original music. If I play it in the machine through Windows it sounds fine (and WAY louder), but once it gets pumped through the game, it sounds pretty muffled. Any idea why this would happen?

Regardless, SO much better.

#2607 3 years ago

Yeah it's that simple, I'm sure the code will play any length wav file, but for timing reasons might not make sense to change length of sound effects, etc. As for muffled sounding, I'd check compression and other settings against the original, it should match, maybe the game is playing it at a lower volume? Might need to boost line level in the track?

#2608 3 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#2609 3 years ago

Are they still making and selling 2.0 kits?

#2610 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Are they still making and selling 2.0 kits?

No. Cointaker sold the last kit not too long ago. There are no plans from DP to make anymore at this time from what I was told.

#2611 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

No. Cointaker sold the last kit not too long ago. There are no plans from DP to make anymore at this time from what I was told.

Thanks! Any idea how many were made/sold?

#2612 3 years ago

I found a 2.0 kit in an existing bop. I would like to put it in my bop and return the other one to an original bop. Basically swap them. Is that going to be a major challenge? I’m pretty handy but not sure what all goes into it

#2613 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I found a 2.0 kit in an existing bop. I would like to put it in my bop and return the other one to an original bop. Basically swap them. Is that going to be a major challenge? I’m pretty handy but not sure what all goes into it

dutchpinball.com still has an installation guide. There's not a lot to it.

#2614 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Should be easy. I think mine took less than an hour to install and I was moving pretty slowly.

#2615 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Thanks! Any idea how many were made/sold?

I'm pretty sure there are 100 in existence and not all of those have been installed. 2 batches of 25 bought directly from Dutch Pinball, then the 3rd/final batch sold by Cointaker was 50.

#2616 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Should be easy. I think mine took less than an hour to install and I was moving pretty slowly.

Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm pretty sure there are 100 in existence and not all of those have been installed. 2 batches of 25 bought directly from Dutch Pinball, then the 3rd/final batch sold by Cointaker was 50.

Thanks!

I’m glad I found this one yesterday so I can put It into mine. I’m going to do the swap today.

#2617 3 years ago

Success!

2C09922A-1FDF-403E-939B-3BC65AEEE784 (resized).jpeg2C09922A-1FDF-403E-939B-3BC65AEEE784 (resized).jpeg4B62A3F2-9288-49C9-B52B-64D424AA8DA7 (resized).jpeg4B62A3F2-9288-49C9-B52B-64D424AA8DA7 (resized).jpeg
#2618 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Success!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice ! I say this everytime I see them...
Get those leg protectors off ASAP or say hello to wrinkled decals!

#2619 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I’ve never had wrinkled decals from leg protectors. I guess i could get the metal one but all my pins from that era have leg protectors and I haven’t had issues

#2620 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’ve never had wrinkled decals from leg protectors. I guess i could get the metal one but all my pins from that era have leg protectors and I haven’t had issues

Forget what era the game is from. Those are newer decals. Get the metal stand offs. Your bride will be happy you did !

#2621 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Forget what era the game is from. Those are newer decals. Get the metal stand offs. Your bride will be happy you did !

Ok, I’ll order some

#2622 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Huh, I've never had that problem. I'm usually using them to cover up wrinkled decals on '90s Williams games to make it look clean and sharp again.

#2623 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Huh, I've never had that problem. I'm usually using them to cover up wrinkled decals on '90s Williams games to make it look clean and sharp again.

He is right on new cab art.
I took them off tonight and it was starting to wrinkle them. I couldn’t believe it. I pushed them down as much as I could but shouldn’t of put them on.
Wish I wouldn’t of put them on

#2624 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

He is right on new cab art.
I took them off tonight and it was starting to wrinkle them. I couldn’t believe it. I pushed them down as much as I could but shouldn’t of put them on.
Wish I wouldn’t of put them on

There still may be hope. When you install the metal stand offs, you can cut around the metal and remove the decal so it's now on the bare wood. The newer sterns come this away.

#2625 3 years ago

When you guys shut your bop 2.0 off do you turn off the power strip in the inside as well?

#2626 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

When you guys shut your bop 2.0 off do you turn off the power strip in the inside as well?

I don't. I do have the pin on a battery backup/surge protector though.

#2627 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I've been using the cabinet switch like normal and haven't had any issue.

#2628 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I assume your asking because your computer stays on after shut off ? My bride is wired slightly differently so when i shut her down, everything goes off . However the service port is dead with the game off. I've some times wondered how others are as you should have power to the port at all times . Not sure if there's a computer setting for this or not.

#2629 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I assume your asking because your computer stays on after shut off ? My bride is wired slightly differently so when i shut her down, everything goes off . However the service port is dead with the game off. I've some times wondered how others are as you should have power to the port at all times . Not sure if there's a computer setting for this or not.

Yeah, that is why I am asking. My port stays on so the amp and the other stuff is on when I shut it off with just the cab switch. Not sure if that’s a big deal the other stuff stays on.

Also, I have to switch versions to be able to get the option to play 2.0 or the original. It doesn’t ask me everytime I turn it on. It always goes straight to 2.0 which is fine but it would be cool if that game selection screen would pop up. Is it supposed to pop up?

#2630 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I would say 60% of the time the cpu shuts down appropriately when I turn off the game's main power switch. The other 40% it doesn't really shut down and gets caught in limbo. I don't realize this until I turn the game on the next time and the cpu doesn't boot up. I need to pull the power from the game or the cpu in the backbox. After plugging back in, the game will boot up from the game's main switch. Not sure what the problem is.

#2631 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, that is why I am asking. My port stays on so the amp and the other stuff is on when I shut it off with just the cab switch. Not sure if that’s a big deal the other stuff stays on.
Also, I have to switch versions to be able to get the option to play 2.0 or the original. It doesn’t ask me everytime I turn it on. It always goes straight to 2.0 which is fine but it would be cool if that game selection screen would pop up. Is it supposed to pop up?

I didn't like that the kit stays on after shutting off the game. Again not sure if there's a computer setting for this. Maybe someone else can let us know.
There's no pop up for game selection. I've only played the original a hand full of times since getting the kit. I'm guessing you know how to switch back and forth ?

#2632 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I didn't like that the kit stays on after shutting off the game. Again not sure if there's a computer setting for this. Maybe someone else can let us know.
There's no pop up for game selection. I've only played the original a hand full of times since getting the kit. I'm guessing you know how to switch back and forth ?

Yeah, I have to go and switch version to 1.16 if on 1.19. Then I get the option to select which game with my flipper. After i play original I shut it off And it goes back to 2.0 next time I turn it on. I switch versions back to 1.19 and it gives me the option again to choose original or 2.0. It’s the only way I know how to do it and the previous owner

#2633 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, I have to go and switch version to 1.16 if on 1.19. Then I get the option to select which game with my flipper. After i play original I shut it off And it goes back to 2.0 next time I turn it on. I switch versions back to 1.19 and it gives me the option again to choose original or 2.0. It’s the only way I know how to do it and the previous owner

If I remember correctly, you can hold both flippers at the same time to select versions. No need to switch codes.

#2634 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

To get to the game select screen, you hold the start button in for a few seconds. You will see a loading (confirmation) bar appear and once complete, the game select screen will appear. You do the same to go from 1.0 back to 2.0, which will let you switch between both games without having to reset. The only difference is a ball will be put into the shooter lane before the game select screen appears when going from 1.0 to the loading screen.

If you want your 1.0 scores and audits to be retained, I found you will need to switch back to 2.0 before shutting the machine down.

From memory, if you shut your machine down while running 1.0, you will be asked at start up which game mode you want. If you shut down while running 2.0, it will boot in to that automatically next time.

Also, with regards to cabinet protectors. mollyspub is 100% correct with the damage they do to new decals. Back when I did my 2.0 I used the felt kind, thinking they would be softer on the decals. But after a couple of days, wrinkles were creeping in under them. I was able to flatten them out and get the metal brackets installed. I think they are fine on older machines and certainly work well covering up damage on non restored cabs. But i'll never use them again on any machines I restore.

#2635 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

To get to the game select screen, you hold the start button in for a few seconds. You will see a loading (confirmation) bar appear and once complete, the game select screen will appear. You do the same to go from 1.0 back to 2.0, which will let you switch between both games without having to reset. The only difference is a ball will be put into the shooter lane before the game select screen appears when going from 1.0 to the loading screen.
If you want your 1.0 scores and audits to stay, I found you will need to switch back to 2.0 before shutting the machine down.
From memory, if you shut your machine down while running 1.0, you will be asked at start up which game mode you want. If you shut down while running 2.0, it will boot in to that automatically next time.

Thanks for clarifying . It's been sometime since I've done that.
Speaking of sometime...when will we see some updates on your site?

#2636 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

If you want your 1.0 scores and audits to stay, I found you will need to switch back to 2.0 before shutting the machine down.

That worked, thanks!

#2637 3 years ago

Now that there is a little action back in this club, maybe someone can help me with a couple issues I'm having.

#1. If I switch to 1.0 the display is very small. Koen was helping on the Dutch Pinball forum but we never figured it out. This is Cointaker version, one of the last ones I believe.

#2. During a multiplayer game (or possibly any game) the flippers time out if you take too long to start the ball. Plunging and draining brings power back to the flippers.

2020-05-18 21.45.34 (resized).jpg2020-05-18 21.45.34 (resized).jpg
#2638 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I use a master-slave outlet (always-on) inside the pin, as follows:

1. Computer is connected to master socket

2. Amp and monitor (and possibly any mods you may have) are connected to slave sockets

3. The main switch on the pin still controls the transformer that powers the driver board, coils and lamps. Switching this on, automagically sends a pulse to the PC, turning it on. This in turn switches on the slave devices. Powering off the pin sends another pulse to the PC, letting it shut down Windows gracefully, and when it does, it also turns off slave devices.

Big Lebowski does not come like this, switching it off just cuts power to the PC, but apparently this is not a big problem for Linux.

#2639 3 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Powering off the pin sends another pulse to the PC, letting it shut down Windows gracefully, and when it does, it also turns off slave devices.

Any idea why almost half the time my computer doesn't shut down properly when I turn off the main power switch? It kinda looks like it does, but the next time I turn on the main game switch, a few playfield lights come on and the rest hangs. I end up having to pull the power plug to "reset" things. Then turning on the main power switch boots the computer as expected.

#2640 3 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

I use a master-slave outlet (always-on) inside the pin, as follows:
1. Computer is connected to master socket
2. Amp and monitor (and possibly any mods you may have) are connected to slave sockets
3. The main switch on the pin still controls the transformer that powers the driver board, coils and lamps. Switching this on, automagically sends a pulse to the PC, turning it on. This in turn switches on the slave devices. Powering off the pin sends another pulse to the PC, letting it shut down Windows gracefully, and when it does, it also turns off slave devices.
Big Lebowski does not come like this, switching it off just cuts power to the PC, but apparently this is not a big problem for Linux.

That's what I did when I owned the game. I had one of those surge protectors with a master outlet, which I plugged the PC into. The amp and monitor would automatically turn on/off as you described.

3 weeks later
#2641 3 years ago

Hi guys

Nest week I pick up a BOP. It hasn't been playing for years meaning the condition is very nice. I got caught by the thought upgrading to 2.0.

It seems the conversion kits are not sold anymore, so I guess the road ahead is to scrape the parts together myself. I have a PRoc board and LCD screen at hand, but especially the software seems to be tough to obtain, since I understand it it connected to a serial number?

I emailed dutch Pinball, but rumour is that they are very hard to reach.

Any suggestions where to go from here? And other key elements, hard to get, I need to focus on?

I am sorry if my questions are obvious for some of you, but I am a mechanics man - electronics is not my field.

#2642 3 years ago
Quoted from Adams_Tales:

Hi guys
Nest week I pick up a BOP. It hasn't been playing for years meaning the condition is very nice. I got caught by the thought upgrading to 2.0.
It seems the conversion kits are not sold anymore, so I guess the road ahead is to scrape the parts together myself. I have a PRoc board and LCD screen at hand, but especially the software seems to be tough to obtain, since I understand it it connected to a serial number?
Any suggestions where to go from here? And other key elements, hard to get, I need to focus on?
I am sorry if my questions are obvious for some of you, but I am a mechanics man - electronics is not my field.

I don't believe its possible to put together a kit for bop 2.0, I think its a signed software issue

#2643 3 years ago
Quoted from Adams_Tales:

Hi guys

I contemplated going that route three years ago, just before they announced the third run. I believe bootlegging it yourself will not be a big problem, you need a computer running Windows 7, a PROC and a 15" LCD screen. And indeed a copy of the software. DP will not be supporting this, as there will be a licensing issue.

There is one small piece of custom hardware (that probably you can do without) that sends a pulse to the PC to turn it on when it gets 5V from the pin, and another pulse to turn it of when it loses 5V - this is to gracefully exit Windows.

See if you can get a dump from the original hard drive and try to get it to work on your desk first.

I might at some point try something similar, as I am contemplating upgrading the hardware to a nice Intel NUC i5.

#2644 3 years ago

I'm surprised Dutch Pinball wouldn't work with Cointaker again to produce 25 more kits, it seems like the demand is there, it's been a long time since they made them. And we all know Dutch needs money.

#2645 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm surprised Dutch Pinball wouldn't work with Cointaker again to produce 25 more kits, it seems like the demand is there, it's been a long time since they made them. And we all know Dutch needs money.

I don't think there is a lot of profit in there for DP, as the kits (at least the 3rd) series are locally produced/assembled by CT. But that being said, apart from the licensing issue I see no reason for them not to do a 4th round.

#2646 3 years ago

at the moment I try convert the whole music from BOP2.0 to an TNA Style...
The first test sounds much better - will Upload an Video when i'm done

#2647 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Now that there is a little action back in this club, maybe someone can help me with a couple issues I'm having.
#1. If I switch to 1.0 the display is very small. Koen was helping on the Dutch Pinball forum but we never figured it out. This is Cointaker version, one of the last ones I believe.
#2. During a multiplayer game (or possibly any game) the flippers time out if you take too long to start the ball. Plunging and draining brings power back to the flippers.
[quoted image]

have you checked the shooterlane swtich and the space on you SDD? - I had some troubles and after deleting the logfile (11GB). Some troubles or gone.
I had only 4mb free on the disk...

#2648 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

have you checked the shooterlane swtich and the space on you SDD? - I had some troubles and after deleting the logfile (11GB). Some troubles or gone.
I had only 4mb free on the disk...

I'll check both of those things today, thanks!

#2649 3 years ago

here you can hear the soundmodifications i did to the BOP

#2650 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

here you can hear the soundmodifications i did to the BOP

Not bad. Except for multiball and 250k .
I like your shooter lane cover!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 9.95
$ 27.95
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.99
There are 3,148 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/53?hl=adams_tales and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.