IMG_4083 (resized).JPG
IMG_4081 (resized).JPG
fullsizeoutput_5282 (resized).jpeg
231E1676-14F3-40FE-9F90-3403AC7C986F (resized).png
IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
bop_cabinet_complete_7 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2718 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 55.
#2501 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Anyone have Barry's email or phone #

Pm sent

#2502 2 years ago

Thanks everyone looks like Scotty D has my back since he made for DP.! Chris from cointaker has all the chords so really appreciate everyone getting back to me and thanks for the PM Molly! Cant wait to get this thing up and running!

#2503 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

My first attempt would be to send email to [email protected] or to call +31 (6) 52 07 23 62, as listed in http://www.dutchpinball.com/contact . There's also a contact form on that page.

#2504 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

pm sent

#2505 2 years ago

Scotty D has my back, as well as Chris from cointaker....thanks boys!

1 week later
#2506 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Where and what type of computer did you purchase?

I bought a similar Zotac to the one my kit came with. DP told me it would work on the DP forum.

3 weeks later
#2507 2 years ago

Just got my BoP 2.0 kit installed and I've been reading up on the issues. Does anyone know if Scott is going to do a re-run of the aux flipper boards or if he'd give out the designs to have something made? Lastly, I had LEDs in my game, not sure what kind but the lighting worked great on the standard boards but now they're very ghosty since installing the upgrade. What LEDs do you guys have in your games? or is there a setting or something I'm missing for LEDs.

Thanks for your time,
-Mike

#2508 2 years ago
Quoted from dethfactor:

Just got my BoP 2.0 kit installed and I've been reading up on the issues. Does anyone know if Scott is going to do a re-run of the aux flipper boards or if he'd give out the designs to have something made? Lastly, I had LEDs in my game, not sure what kind but the lighting worked great on the standard boards but now they're very ghosty since installing the upgrade. What LEDs do you guys have in your games? or is there a setting or something I'm missing for LEDs.
Thanks for your time,
-Mike

I'm using cointaker super brights and premium frosted. No issues with mine.

As far as the flipper mod...good luck.
I contacted Scott but nothing came of it.
I was able to pick one up from another pinsider .

#2509 2 years ago
Quoted from dethfactor:

Thanks for your time,
-Mike

I spent a bunch of time on this. A couple things to consider.

I had the LED/GI OCD boards but I had to bypass them for 2.0 ultimately because after a ton of work, herg and I couldn't get the pwm to work properly with the way the lighting was implemented in the code. I may come back to this at some point but it probably would require some discussion with developers at DP or Multimorphic and probably wasn't worth the effort.

Next, for whatever reason, with no pwm, the ghosting was very strong when the game first turns on (at least with the original P-ROC and game code I was using). There was no question about this. Five minutes of warm up, the ghosting seemed to dissipate and eventually go away entirely. There was no fading but it was clean. These were with either regular or non-ghosting LEDs, it made zero difference.

I think the ghosting you're seeing isn't caused by the typical factors since it goes away when it warms up. I've seen this also on 2.0 setups in the field. Curious what other people have seen.

1 month later
#2510 2 years ago

I just snagged a reasonably priced BoP and I'm considering 2.0. Is the kit relatively plug n play, bugs worked out at this point? If I get sick of it, what's the going rate for a better than average routed BoP with 2.0 installed?

#2511 2 years ago

just finished installing mine today! It came with a whole whack of missing pieces and I am very grateful and lucky there are some amazing pinheads that helped me part it back together. Its relatively easy if your well attune with general pinball repairs installations of mods etc etc. The one thing you should note is it takes around a full 2 min plus to turn on the proc system and it says that nowhere on the instructions. I fiddled with everything thinking something was wrong, lesson learned talk to someone that's already installed one before embarking. Not sure what mine is worth as new playfield and the black cabinet but i wont part with mine so no big deal. Cheers

#2512 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

The one thing you should note is it takes around a full 2 min plus to turn on the proc system

To be fair, that's because BoP 2.0 boots off of Windows 10. Modern games using P-ROCs don't all do that, and can boot pretty fast from a cold start.

#2513 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I just snagged a reasonably priced BoP and I'm considering 2.0. Is the kit relatively plug n play, bugs worked out at this point? If I get sick of it, what's the going rate for a better than average routed BoP with 2.0 installed?

It's an easy install. The kit hasn't gone down in value, Bride 2.0s don't sell very often, it all depends on the rest of the game.

1 month later
#2514 2 years ago

Starship fantasy now has BOP helmets back in stock!

#2515 2 years ago

Just posted my Bride of Pinbot if anyone is interested.

Archived after 25 days
Sold off Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished “Nice Bride of Pinbot. It has a brand new center ramp, new posts, LEDs, etc. Please review all pictures to determine condition. If you need more detailed pictures let me know. ...”
2019-08-09
Kearsley , MI
3,999 (Firm)

1 month later
#2516 2 years ago

I just installed the kit i bought from Cointaker a few days ago. Screen on the original game looks awful. Something was mentioned on the forums that it was an issue with the screen Cointaker was using and it would be fixed in an update. The post was from 2017 and I'm on the newest version. Is there a fix?

2 weeks later
#2517 2 years ago

Having a ball lock issue as well. I made a separate thread for both issues. Help!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-new-install-issues#post-5228402

1 month later
#2518 1 year ago

I don't own bride of pinbot (yet). fingers crossed

I have read of this 2.0 kit.

Are they impossible to get?
super expensive?
must have?

#2519 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I don't own bride of pinbot (yet). fingers crossed
I have read of this 2.0 kit.
Are they impossible to get?
super expensive?
must have?

It looks like Cointaker still has a few of the final run of kits. It's 2K, personally I think it's worth it, it totally updates the game and I've never played the original Bride on it since I upgraded a few years ago. I am tempted to buy a second kit just to have, it's only gonna go up in value when they sell out and there will be less than 100 Bride 2.0's in existence.
https://cointaker.com/products/bride-of-pinbot-20-upgrade-kit

#2520 1 year ago

Woops, looks like it's sold out.

#2521 1 year ago

Excited to finally be apart of the club! Any tips on how to get my left flipper in the right position? Also, the lighting pattern of my helmet doesn't seem to match what I've seen in others. Is this because they are LED? Would and OCD board fix this?

IMG_0517 (resized).jpegIMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
#2522 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Excited to finally be apart of the club! Any tips on how to get my left flipper in the right position? Also, the lighting pattern of my helmet doesn't seem to match what I've seen in others. Is this because they are LED? Would and OCD board fix this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just loosen the mount under the playfield
And adjust the flipper.
Not sure about your lighting. I'd have to compare it to mine. You do know that the pattern is different in 2.0 compared to the original ?
Lastly , get those so called leg protectors off ASAP ! Theyll wrinkle those stunning decals !

#2523 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Just loosen the mount under the playfield
And adjust the flipper.
Not sure about your lighting. I'd have to compare it to mine. You do know that the pattern is different in 2.0 compared to the original ?
Lastly , get those so called leg protectors off ASAP ! They wrinkle those stunning decals !

Will do, thanks! Didn't know the lighting was different.

#2524 1 year ago

My helmet light has never worked right with the 2.0 kit, it seems kinda random. I was assuming it was an LED problem too. Anyone else have thoughts on this? How did you get the helmet lighting dialed in on your Bride 2.0?

#2525 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

My helmet light has never worked right with the 2.0 kit, it seems kinda random. I was assuming it was an LED problem too. Anyone else have thoughts on this? How did you get the helmet lighting dialed in on your Bride 2.0?

My helmet lights seem to be all over the place... a lot of ghosting too. So wondering if it was the kind of LEDs?

#2526 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Quoted from adamross:

My helmet lights seem to be all over the place... a lot of ghosting too. So wondering if it was the kind of LEDs?

Anyone have a fix for this?

I’m planning on installing my kit soon, hope to have a solution soon

#2527 1 year ago

These recent posts are confusing to me. 2.0 has a different helmet lighting pattern. I'm also using cointaker premium frosted and have zero ghosting.

#2528 1 year ago

Are any of you guys using the lamp chaser board designed for leds? I have one, but haven’t installed it yet. There were posts about it in the non 2.0 club and it looked like it solved some of the weird lighting issues with the helmet and leds. I’m unsure how it applies to 2.0 just yet.

#2529 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

These recent posts are confusing to me. 2.0 has a different helmet lighting pattern. I'm also using cointaker premium frosted and have zero ghosting.

So I'm not sure if mine is ghosting, it seems full on bright but not following the normal pattern. Honestly it's never been a big deal, I don't notice it during play, but since it came up, I was like, yeah, me too. I'll film mine when I get a chance. Also, glad to see people talking about 2.0 again, it's a great mod/new game and I'm getting inspired to do more work on mine. One of these days I'll do the playfield swap, I have beautiful repro waiting to get installed.

#2530 1 year ago

Has anyone else installed the kit from the recent Cointaker batch? My display still doesn't look right on 1.0.

#2531 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

My display still doesn't look right on 1.0

How does it look? Can you post a picture?

#2532 1 year ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

Are any of you guys using the lamp chaser board designed for leds? I have one, but haven’t installed it yet. There were posts about it in the non 2.0 club and it looked like it solved some of the weird lighting issues with the helmet and leds. I’m unsure how it applies to 2.0 just yet.

I’m using it, but I have temporarily uninstalled the kit while I continue to use my machine for Scorbit testing. As soon as I put it back I’ll let you know how it goes.

I believe there is a helmet lighting fix for the 2.0 code that is waiting to be released that would be necessary.... Snux was that from you?

I can’t see any reason why it would be a problem, though.

#2533 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

I believe there is a helmet lighting fix for the 2.0 code that is waiting to be released

I don't think the 2.0 code has any pending changes. LEDs in the helmet, just like a normal non-PROCed machine, can be problematic at times depending on which ones are used, which is why that other dude sells a board to fix it. Whether that works or helps in a 2.0 machine no idea.

My fixes are all 1.0 (so pinmame) related. I integrated Pinsound (software only) so the sounds are much better, plus fixed the helmet lamps to do the proper 1.0 Williams patterns rather than just a plain repeating pattern that they do now. A few other minor tweaks too. I'm still waiting to see if DP survive or not, to determine if/how/when I can release the 1.0 changes.

#2534 1 year ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

Are you talking about pellew 's board here? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-helmet-control-for-use-with-leds/

I have it in my BoP 2.0 and it works fine as far as I can tell!

Quoted from Snux:

My fixes are all 1.0 (so pinmame) related. I integrated Pinsound (software only) so the sounds are much better, plus fixed the helmet lamps to do the proper 1.0 Williams patterns rather than just a plain repeating pattern that they do now. A few other minor tweaks too. I'm still waiting to see if DP survive or not, to determine if/how/when I can release the 1.0 changes.

I want this so bad!! If there's anything I can do here or on pindev to help make this reality, please let me know!

#2535 1 year ago
Quoted from Snux:

I'm talking about the emulator fixes you are describing. DP is back in business, I'm happy to ask next time I speak with them if you like.

#2536 1 year ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Are you talking about pellew 's board here? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-helmet-control-for-use-with-leds/

I want this so bad!! If there's anything I can do here or on pindev to help make this reality, please let me know!

Yeah, pellow’s board is what I was talking about. I haven’t played 2.0 in depth at all, and I still haven’t installed my 2.0 Kit.

#2537 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

I'm talking about the emulator fixes you are describing. DP is back in business, I'm happy to ask next time I speak with them if you like.

Please do this, we all want a perfect 1.0 experience, this fix Snux has is the ticket

#2538 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

I'm happy to ask next time I speak with them if you like

It's an agreement between DP and Pinsound that's missing. The sound improvements are done by playing the original WMS sounds through the Pinsound studio software instead of emulating the old hardware. The BOP original orchestration on the Pinsound website has some issues / errors that we've fixed up too.

The Pinsound folks don't want their software used in a commercial application without some kind of compensation, which I can understand. They'd like access to the BOP 2.0 sound assets to make a revamped 1.0 soundtrack. DP don't want to give that up, which I also understand given that improving BOP 1.0 on their platform is *real* low on their priority list right now.

So for now unfortunately it just sits with me and one beta tester. I know it could just get "accidentally" released but I'm not into that. I want it to be a properly supported release that both sides are OK with

#2539 1 year ago

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to replace the kit's computer altogether. I am thinking an Intel NUC with a clean Windows 10 install, and then taking it from there. How hard can it be? There is P-ROC drivers, and some kind of custom program to cripple the desktop a bit so the program falls within the display panel, and that's it?

#2540 1 year ago
Quoted from Snux:

It's an agreement between DP and Pinsound that's missing. The sound improvements are done by playing the original WMS sounds through the Pinsound studio software instead of emulating the old hardware. The BOP original orchestration on the Pinsound website has some issues / errors that we've fixed up too.
The Pinsound folks don't want their software used in a commercial application without some kind of compensation, which I can understand. They'd like access to the BOP 2.0 sound assets to make a revamped 1.0 soundtrack. DP don't want to give that up, which I also understand given that improving BOP 1.0 on their platform is *real* low on their priority list right now.
So for now unfortunately it just sits with me and one beta tester. I know it could just get "accidentally" released but I'm not into that. I want it to be a properly supported release that both sides are OK with

I'm guessing this would never happen. We'd understand and forgive you if you had a accident!

#2541 1 year ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Does anyone know if @pellow is still producing these light boards? I reached out to him a few days ago but haven't heard back. Really want to figure out the fix for the helmet lights.

#2542 1 year ago

It seems every time I hit a skillshot, it registers the score below it. For instance, when I hit 100k, it registers as 75k. Anyone else experience this? Wonder if it's a software issue.

#2543 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

It seems every time I hit a skillshot, it registers the score below it. For instance, when I hit 100k, it registers as 75k. Anyone else experience this? Wonder if it's a software issue.

I'm getting this as well. I'm almost certain it was happening before I installed the 2.0 so I think it' a switch adjustment. I planned on addressing it when I shop the game out.

#2544 1 year ago

For the helmet, I made an update using the Pinduino that is interactive with gameplay. The original version is lacking (mostly random) and the effects in 2.0 can look really messed up (but I recall that using non-ghosting LEDs looked much better than when standard LEDs were used.)

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01376-pinduino-bop-helmet-lighting-kit

#2545 1 year ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

For the helmet, I made an update using the Pinduino that is interactive with gameplay. The original version is lacking (mostly random) and the effects in 2.0 can look really messed up (but I recall that using non-ghosting LEDs looked much better than when standard LEDs were used.)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01376-pinduino-bop-helmet-lighting-kit

Helmet lights looks great. Which bulbs did you use?

#2546 1 year ago

Addressable LEDs -- there is a link to instructions on the product page in my store.

#2547 1 year ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

The original version is lacking (mostly random)

Yup, in the version of pinmame that shipped with BOP 2.0 the helmet lamps followed a set (fairly long) repeating pattern, not linked to gameplay at all. The patched version I'm still sitting on (with the other fixes) I spent a long time sorting out so it actually caught the lamp effects that should be displayed

1 week later
#2548 1 year ago
Quoted from Snux:

Yup, in the version of pinmame that shipped with BOP 2.0 the helmet lamps followed a set (fairly long) repeating pattern, not linked to gameplay at all. The patched version I'm still sitting on (with the other fixes) I spent a long time sorting out so it actually caught the lamp effects that should be displayed

Yes! Snux

231E1676-14F3-40FE-9F90-3403AC7C986F (resized).png
#2549 1 year ago

I'll get in contact with Barry when I get a chance

#2550 1 year ago

OK, email sent to Barry. Let's see if this goes anywhere!

There are 2718 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 55.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside