Topic Stats

• 2,483 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by awarner
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 354 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bop_cabinet_complete_7 (resized).jpg
bop_cabinet_complete_5 (resized).jpg
bop_cabinet_complete_6 (resized).jpg
bop_cabinet_complete_3 (resized).jpg
bop_cabinet_complete_4 (resized).jpg
bop_cabinet_complete_2 (resized).jpg
bop_cabinet_complete_1 (resized).jpg
acronis2 (resized).JPG
P_20181012_180256 (resized).jpg
P_20181012_180247 (resized).jpg
6340d7788c2bb027ebd3c9635a2f8578c2e195a8 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
IMG_20180817_222456993 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180820-091016 (resized).png
Screenshot_20180820-091010 (resized).png
Screenshot_20180820-090526 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2483 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 50.
#2451 4 months ago

I recently went through the process of cloning the SSD inside my BoP 2.0 machine, so I have a complete plug & play backup should Windows or the drive die.

For anyone that's interested, I've put together an article on my site covering the process with lots of screen shots along the way to help explain it all - http://www.enteryourinitials.com/2018/11/08/bride-of-pinbot-2-0-repair-service-log-6/

There are a few different methods you can use do it - this is just one of them. I think it's something that is well worth doing, since there is no simple recovery install to get the drive up and running again if something bad does happen.

1 week later
#2452 4 months ago
Quoted from Snux:

There are improvements to the 1.0 sound, I've made the changes to the version of Pinmame BOP is using so that it will run with the Pinsound Studio software instead of emulated sound. Using the original WMS sounds for BOP. Sounds a lot better. But it needs DP and Pinsound to come to some agreement, and it's hardly very far up DPs list of things at the moment.

Hey snux, any news on this front?

#2453 4 months ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I recently went through the process of cloning the SSD inside my BoP 2.0 machine, so I have a complete plug & play backup should Windows or the drive die.
For anyone that's interested, I've put together an article on my site covering the process with lots of screen shots along the way to help explain it all - http://www.enteryourinitials.com/2018/11/08/bride-of-pinbot-2-0-repair-service-log-6/
There are a few different methods you can use do it - this is just one of them. I think it's something that is well worth doing, since there is no simple recovery install to get the drive up and running again if something bad does happen.

Thanks for doing this. Will this work?

amazon.com link »

Also, is the software you used freeware?

I copied the image of the drive a while back, but I would really like to do what you did and ensure I have a working backup drive.

#2454 4 months ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

amazon.com link »
I copied the image of the drive a while back, but I would really like to do what you did and ensure I have a working backup drive.

Be careful with that device when the drive is in it, if you power it off with the drive running in windows, it will mess up the boot Sector

#2455 4 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hey snux, any news on this front?

I wish I could say yes. BOP 1.0 with Pinsound Studio is *so* much better on the sound front (and it's all just a software update, no hardware), plus I've fixed a couple of other things in the pinmame build.

The issue is that Pinsound wanted something in return from DP, to allow the use of the Pinsound Studio in BOP 2.0 which is a commercial product at the end of the day. Basically they'd like the music/sounds from BOP 2.0 to try and put together a package that would work with Pinsound in the original BOP, that way they could sell some more Pinsound hardware. DP don't see the sound improvements in Pinmame (aka 1.0) as very high on their list (they have a lot of other things going on) and didn't want to get into discussions as they spent a lot of time on the BOP 2.0 assets.

I think this will happen someday, if DP allow their sound/music to be used by Pinsound. I'm hoping this all gets sorted out, because pushing an update with these changes would be really simple.

So, we sit and wait

#2456 4 months ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Nice

#2457 4 months ago

I need help. I have an uninstalled 1st run Bop 2.0 kit. I'm overseas and wont get it installed for awhile. I want to get all the updates installed. Can this be done without the kit being installed? I assume I need the Zotac, anything else I night need? I assume a mouse, keyboard and monitor are needed. Can I use any computer monitor or do I need the BoP 2.0 display?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

#2458 4 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

I need help. I have an uninstalled 1st run Bop 2.0 kit. I'm overseas and wont get it installed for awhile. I want to get all the updates installed. Can this be done without the kit being installed? I assume I need the Zotac, anything else I night need? I assume a mouse, keyboard and monitor are needed. Can I use any computer monitor or do I need the BoP 2.0 display?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

You can download a delta install from Dutch: http://www.dutchpinball.com/bride_of_pinbot_2.0_software

It doesn't require a keyboard or mouse -- just follow the instructions and there is an option in the game's menu to do the install.

Feel free to PM me if you run into any problems -- happy to help (if I can).

#2459 4 months ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

You can download a delta install from Dutch: http://www.dutchpinball.com/bride_of_pinbot_2.0_software
It doesn't require a keyboard or mouse -- just follow the instructions and there is an option in the game's menu to do the install.
Feel free to PM me if you run into any problems -- happy to help (if I can).

Just reread your post and you asked about doing this without the kit installed. Not sure about that, but one option is to save a copy of the delta software update and update it after you get the kit installed.

In case Dutch's website goes down before then, here is a link to the update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdwjz5a221ce07g/BOP2-v1.19.zip?dl=0

#2460 3 months ago

A few people have been in contact asking if they can "beta-test" the BOP 1.0 Pinsound/Pinmame changes or have copies if they promise not to tell anyone.

Sorry, but no can do. The folks at both DP and Pinsound have put a lot of work into their respective products and I promised both parties that I wouldn't distribute this until they're in agreement. The change would then be available as a new update (1.20?) from the DP site like the others.

I hope DP manage to work through their current issues and get TBL sorted out, then maybe they'll have time to revisit BOP 2.0 again.

#2461 3 months ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

amazon.com link »

I've not used that particular dock, but it looks basically the same as the one I did use. As mentioned by Chosen_S above, you want to be careful to correctly eject the drive in Windows before removing it from the dock. I have seen drives stuffed from removing them from docking devices without properly ejecting from Windows first - so it pays to be cautious.

The strict steps I followed were:

1) Dock device switched off
2) Connect dock to PC via USB
3) Insert SSD in to dock
4) Switch dock power on and allow windows to map

Do you're backup / restore. Then once complete..

5) Right click drive in Windows explorer and choose Eject
6) Wait for Windows to acknowledge drive has been safely ejected
7) Switch dock power off
8) Remove drive from dock.

Acrois isn't freeware, but it does have a 30 trial period. Some features are disabled in the trial, but pretty sure the drive backup and recovery are enabled in the trial version. The full version is currently on sale for half price at $35AU (roughly $25US) and well worth paying for if you have to in order to get a plug & play backup working. Pretty cheap for the software and spare SSD to ensure you're protected (that's my view anyway )

There are other backup / recovery software packages out there, some of which are free. I've not used them though, so can't comment on them. I use Acronis at work and it does its job well. It worked for my BoP 2.0 back up - so can recommend that

There's a good video on YouTube showing a different method for backing up too - so be sure to check that out. What ever method you go with - be cautious & take you're time

#2462 3 months ago
Quoted from Snux:

A few people have been in contact asking if they can "beta-test" the BOP 1.0 Pinsound/Pinmame changes or have copies if they promise not to tell anyone.
Sorry, but no can do. The folks at both DP and Pinsound have put a lot of work into their respective products and I promised both parties that I wouldn't distribute this until they're in agreement. The change would then be available as a new update (1.20?) from the DP site like the others.
I hope DP manage to work through their current issues and get TBL sorted out, then maybe they'll have time to revisit BOP 2.0 again.

Ok guys , sounds like we need to start knocking on DP’s and pinsounds door per say. Maybe enough of us can convince them to allow this to follow through and get bop 1.0 with more polish on it. Anybody with me?

#2463 3 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Ok guys , sounds like we need to start knocking on DP’s and pinsounds door per say. Maybe enough of us can convince them to allow this to follow through and get bop 1.0 with more polish on it. Anybody with me?

Good luck with that. There hasn’t been anyone home at DP since the money was gone.

#2464 3 months ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I've not used that particular dock, but it looks basically the same as the one I did use. As mentioned by Chosen_S above, you want to be careful to correctly eject the drive in Windows before removing it from the dock. I have seen drives stuffed from removing them from docking devices without properly ejecting from Windows first - so it pays to be cautious.
The strict steps I followed were:
1) Dock device switched off
2) Connect dock to PC via USB
3) Insert SSD in to dock
4) Switch dock power on and allow windows to map
Do you're backup / restore. Then once complete..
5) Right click drive in Windows explorer and choose Eject
6) Wait for Windows to acknowledge drive has been safely ejected
7) Switch dock power off
8) Remove drive from dock.
Acrois isn't freeware, but it does have a 30 trial period. Some features are disabled in the trial, but pretty sure the drive backup and recovery are enabled in the trial version. The full version is currently on sale for half price at $35AU (roughly $25US) and well worth paying for if you have to in order to get a plug & play backup working. Pretty cheap for the software and spare SSD to ensure you're protected (that's my view anyway )
There are other backup / recovery software packages out there, some of which are free. I've not used them though, so can't comment on them. I use Acronis at work and it does its job well. It worked for my BoP 2.0 back up - so can recommend that
There's a good video on YouTube showing a different method for backing up too - so be sure to check that out. What ever method you go with - be cautious & take you're time

Thanks for all the info! Much appreciated. I for sure don't want to end up with 0 working drives!

#2465 3 months ago

DP is dead and all but gone. I’d love to be proven wrong, but sounds like we’ll never see snux‘s hard work come to light.

#2466 3 months ago
Quoted from mavantix:

DP is dead and all but gone. I’d love to be proven wrong, but sounds like we’ll never see snux‘s hard work come to light.

On a positive note... DP (Barry) is still there for tech support. Hope it all works out for DP and all 2.0 owners.

1 week later
#2467 3 months ago

Does somebody know where I can get a Aux Flipper Switch Hookup Board for the BOP 2.0 ? Seems Scott doesn't do any new boards

#2468 3 months ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Does somebody know where I can get a Aux Flipper Switch Hookup Board for the BOP 2.0 ? Seems Scott doesn't do any new boards

I have a bad feeling you might have to rely on someone who purchased the upgrade, but never got around to installing it It's a shame as it's a nice little upgrade to the game and worth having. There are others who are chasing one also - I wonder if Scott would be willing to do another batch if enough people put their hand up for one?

#2469 3 months ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I have a bad feeling you might have to rely on someone who purchased the upgrade, but never got around to installing it It's a shame as it's a nice little upgrade to the game and worth having. There are others who are chasing one also - I wonder if Scott would be willing to do another batch if enough people put their hand up for one?

Either that, or perhaps Scott could share the manufacturing files with someone in the know who could produce it themselves. It's a nice to have for video mode.

1 week later
#2470 3 months ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I think I have a new one that I never installed.

#2471 3 months ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I think I have a new one that I never installed.

Pm sent

1 month later
#2472 61 days ago

Just listed

Archived after 1 day
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition “Selling a Bride of Pinbot under the face tray. Price includes priority shipping in the US.”
2019-01-21
Lodi, CA
100 (OBO)

1 week later
#2473 49 days ago
Quoted from Jesder:

So I finally got around to doing this. I was able to backup from the HDD in the BoP 2.0 computer to my PC, but I must have done something wrong because the BoP PC won't boot the new HDD. This is what I see in Disk Management.

acronis2 (resized).JPG
#2474 49 days ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

So I finally got around to doing this. I was able to backup from the HDD in the BoP 2.0 computer to my PC, but I must have done something wrong because the BoP PC won't boot the new HDD. This is what I see in Disk Management.
[quoted image]

I wonder if I can just simply delete the EFI partition?

Edit: Disk Management won't let me do that...

#2475 49 days ago

I am using Acronis True Image 2019, by the way.

#2476 49 days ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I am using Acronis True Image 2019, by the way.

Ok, I think I figured it out. I had to format my new drive as MBR in Disk Management. I think it's going to work now. I'll post back soon.

#2477 49 days ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Ok, I think I figured it out. I had to format my new drive as MBR in Disk Management. I think it's going to work now. I'll post back soon.

Yep, that was it! I am now running off of my cloned drive. Thanks for the excellent guide, jesder !

#2478 47 days ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Yep, that was it! I am now running off of my cloned drive. Thanks for the excellent guide, jesder !

Awesome mate! Yeah the MBR thing is what caused me a few issues at first too. Originally I was using an earlier version of Acronis which was forcing the drive to be EFI, even though I had formatted it as MBR. Glad you got worked out and now have a back up Make sure you keep the image file backed up somewhere too so you can easily restore to another drive again if needed.

#2479 47 days ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Awesome mate! Yeah the MBR thing is what caused me a few issues at first too. Originally I was using an earlier version of Acronis which was forcing the drive to be EFI, even though I had formatted it as MBR. Glad you got worked out and now have a back up Make sure you keep the image file backed up somewhere too so you can easily restore to another drive again if needed.

Yep, I have the image on my PC and backed up on an external hard drive as well! I know a couple people who also have the game and would help me out in a pinch, but it's nice to be self sufficient and have a plug and play replacement.

1 week later
#2480 34 days ago

I finally finished off my BoP 2.0 transformation over the weekend and wanted to share the results. It's been done in stages over the last 12 - 14 months. First was a rebuild of all playfield assemblies, new parts, new plastics, new ramps, etc. Following that was a full playfield swap and finally cabinet repair and new decals. For anyone that's interested, I do detailed progress write ups on my site which have a lot of photos along the way.

The full write up for the cabinet repair and new decals can be found here:
http://www.enteryourinitials.com/2019/02/16/bride-of-pinbot-2-0-repair-service-log-9/

The write up on the playfield swap can be found here:
http://www.enteryourinitials.com/2019/01/06/bride-of-pinbot-2-0-repair-service-log-8/

The rest of the work is in a series of blog entries:
http://www.enteryourinitials.com/category/pinball/bride-of-pinbot-williams-1991/

I'm really happy with how the machine has turned out. The mirror blades were a last minute addition that weren't planned - but they compliment the game nicely. I also have the helmet LED driver board from pellew installed, along with the AUX flipper board from Scott Danesi. One last thing I did that's not covered in the write up is adding some white and purple LED strips to the topper to light it up.

bop_cabinet_complete_1 (resized).jpg

bop_cabinet_complete_2 (resized).jpg

bop_cabinet_complete_3 (resized).jpg

bop_cabinet_complete_4 (resized).jpg

bop_cabinet_complete_5 (resized).jpg

bop_cabinet_complete_6 (resized).jpg

bop_cabinet_complete_7 (resized).jpg

#2481 34 days ago

jesder , you’re an inspiration! I have all the parts and pieces for a BoP 2.0 restoration. About the only difference is a Peter from Germany prototype PF. I’m also not sure if I’ll use a 2.0 translight or the 3D translight. I like your armour? Nice work. I’m jealous!

#2482 34 days ago

Why not go with the metal protectors for the legs? Don't think those felt ones are going to do much. Besides possibly wrinkle your new decals.

1 month later
#2483 20 hours ago

As far as backup is concerned, I did a video about how to do an image backup with Clonezilla Live. My game had crashed and a friend had taken an image backup with Linux. I got my game restored with his help to a used SSD. Then I decided I wanted a new drive and shot the Clonezilla video while I did it.

It worked perfectly and I was able to prove that the backup was usable. It is free other than needing an external hard drive.

Also, the serial number for the software is on a sticker on the top of the drive. There is an easy to find file on the hard drive that also contains it. When I applied my friend’s image to my drive, I had to change that number.

Video is here:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ladysmith, VA
$ 209.99
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 50.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
£ 79.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kalamazoo, MI
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2483 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 50.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside