IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png
EFDACD6A-A27D-49B1-99F1-A94B7086313E (resized).jpeg
bop_2_rules (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,148 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 63.
#2401 5 years ago

Thanks for responding! I'm wondering whether that zip file is also a delta update though, since it's around the same size as the 1.19 file that's here:
http://www.dutchpinball.com/bride_of_pinbot_2.0_software

I also tried emailing DP a few days ago, but haven't heard anything back.

#2402 5 years ago

Many thanks to Koen for helping me get updated to the latest version!

#2403 5 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Many thanks to Koen for helping me get updated to the latest version!

Koen Rocks!!!

#2404 5 years ago

I thought he left DP ?

#2405 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I thought he left DP ?

Afaik he did, but probably reads this forum (or DP forwarded the question to him), has all the firmware versions and knows everything about installing the software.

#2406 5 years ago

Koen has been supporting us since he has left. We really appreciate you Koen! That is why you rock!

#2407 5 years ago

Anyone willing to part with their flipper mod from Scott danesi ? He's out of stock and might not be making anymore. Please pm to let me know!

#2408 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Anyone willing to part with their flipper mod from Scott danesi ? He's out of stock and might not be making anymore. Please pm to let me know!

Don't think I've ever even seen them ...?

Link / pic?

#2409 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Don't think I've ever even seen them ...?
Link / pic?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#2410 5 years ago

What were people having it do, mostly?

#2411 5 years ago

It allows for code to disable the flipper coils so you can use the flipper buttons to navigate things without them flipping, such as the video mode and game selection screens in BoP 2.0.

#2412 5 years ago

Ah, right.

If he doesn't want to have any more made, maybe ask if he could get his employer to make and stock them? (PinballLife)

#2413 5 years ago

I did a small write up on the installation of my aux flipper board recently - http://www.enteryourinitials.com/2018/06/16/bride-of-pinbot-2-0-repair-service-log-5/

I hope Scott does make a new batch as they're an excellent addition to a BoP 2.0 machine

Agreed! His support here and on the DP BoP 2.0 forums is very much appreciated!

#2414 5 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I did a small write up on the installation of my aux flipper board recently - http://www.enteryourinitials.com/2018/06/16/bride-of-pinbot-2-0-repair-service-log-5/
I hope Scott does make a new batch as they're an excellent addition to a BoP 2.0 machine

Agreed! His support here and on the DP BoP 2.0 forums is very much appreciated!

I saw your write up and enjoy your site!

#2415 5 years ago

Not sure how many of us still have an uninstalled BoP 2.0 kit. I purchased from DP’s first batch. I live overseas and pinball is on hold until I return to the states in a couple years.

With all that’s going on with DP, I want to make sure the latest code is installed. I assume all I need is the P-ROC and mini PC from the kit? Maybe a mouse, keyboard and monitor too?

Can someone give me the BoP 2.0 ‘upgrade for dummy’s’ version to get the newest code in my uninstalled kit?

#2416 5 years ago

I met Ed Robertson of BNL a couple of weeks ago and some of you might know that a BOP 2.0 was in their video "Silverball". I asked him if he still played it and he told me that he needed some room so he sold it. He did tell me that he originally put the kit in himself and really liked it when he had it. Great guy and a LONG TIME Pinhead (longer than me and I'm at 23 years).

3 weeks later
#2417 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Not sure how many of us still have an uninstalled BoP 2.0 kit. I purchased from DP’s first batch. I live overseas and pinball is on hold until I return to the states in a couple years.
With all that’s going on with DP, I want to make sure the latest code is installed. I assume all I need is the P-ROC and mini PC from the kit? Maybe a mouse, keyboard and monitor too?
Can someone give me the BoP 2.0 ‘upgrade for dummy’s’ version to get the newest code in my uninstalled kit?

Same here guys

I have not installed mine yet, waiting on the next code drop and to finish my gameroom, but being prepared is where I’d like to be... any help is appreciated

#2418 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Same here guys
I have not installed mine yet, waiting on the next code drop and to finish my gameroom, but being prepared is where I’d like to be... any help is appreciated

Your waiting for a code update from DP? I don't think this will happen or at least any time soon. I can't believe people haven't installed their kit yet!

#2419 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Same here guys

good luck on that wait.

#2420 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

good luck on that wait.

Thanks! I’ll take good luck

I have 2 problems... one, I’m building a gameroom by myself, its taken all of my time and focus, I don’t have space to pull my bop and install the kit, I also have a new playfield, so I need to wait to do it all.

Two; I love 1.0, it’s got lag in the switches on the 2.0 software, going to get real annoying pretty fast

Some day soon I’ll get on the project

#2421 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thanks! I’ll take good luck
I have 2 problems... one, I’m building a gameroom by myself, its taken all of my time and focus, I don’t have space to pull my bop and install the kit, I also have a new playfield, so I need to wait to do it all.
Two; I love 1.0, it’s got lag in the switches on the 2.0 software, going to get real annoying pretty fast
Some day soon I’ll get on the project

code update is unlikely to fix the lag, and the lag seem more on the audio trigger than the switch hit itself. get your room done, and install the kit don't wait on code. its fantastic as is. BoP is a really fun game, 2.0 blows it out of the water.

#2422 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

code update is unlikely to fix the lag, and the lag seem more on the audio trigger than the switch hit itself. get your room done, and install the kit don't wait on code. its fantastic as is. BoP is a really fun game, 2.0 blows it out of the water.

Honestly, I used to play 1.0 a lot more than I play 2.0/emulated 1.0 now. BoP was originally on my "I can't see selling this" list. Now that I have 2.0, it's frankly on the short list of potential games out the door. For me, whatever 2.0 gained in modes and rule depth, it lost in personality, and I just haven't ever enjoyed the emulated 1.0 as much as the original I had before the conversion. Oh well, likely funds for something new I guess.

#2423 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Honestly, I used to play 1.0 a lot more than I play 2.0/emulated 1.0 now. BoP was originally on my "I can't see selling this" list. Now that I have 2.0, it's frankly on the short list of potential games out the door. For me, whatever 2.0 gained in modes and rule depth, it lost in personality, and I just haven't ever enjoyed the emulated 1.0 as much as the original I had before the conversion. Oh well, likely funds for something new I guess.

Then put your boards back in and sell the kit, keep BoP, fun game.

#2424 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Your waiting for a code update from DP? I don't think this will happen or at least any time soon. I can't believe people haven't installed their kit yet!

I have a kit in my shwlf since 1,5 Years. So many projects ... New Gameroom, new garden, etc... So hope to finish my BOP 2.0 by the End of the year. To start my MB project

#2425 5 years ago

I love our kit, we play it often. The challenge is that we restored 1.0 perfectly, so at some point, I'll revert it for a while just to experience our work...but frankly, we play it in both modes often, so we're in no rush.

I heard a rumor there are sound improvements coming, so we'll hang in there.

#2426 5 years ago

I hope someone can improve and bug fix the code on the BOP 2.0. it need some improvements. And i think DP won't do it

#2427 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I hope someone can improve and bug fix the code on the BOP 2.0. it need some improvements. And i think DP won't do it

I hate speculating in general about time, but we have zero idea. However, regardless of DP's situation, I feel confident we'll get code updates in the future, as all the coders involved are personally committed (and have said so much over the years). If anything, until everyone knows the financial situation is settled one way or the other, it's uncomfortable to keep working on it presently (payment issues, etc). Once that all passes, I bet we get new code.

#2428 5 years ago

Got my 2.0 kit installed, up and running, with no issues (knock on wood). Definitely worth it. I have looked through this thread (I probably missed it) and through the settings on 2.0 and I can't seem to find if there is an "attract" mode. Or is there not one?

#2429 5 years ago
Quoted from Minabluemerle:

Got my 2.0 kit installed, up and running, with no issues (knock on wood). Definitely worth it. I have looked through this thread (I probably missed it) and through the settings on 2.0 and I can't seem to find if there is an "attract" mode. Or is there not one?

None. Not even any music.

#2430 5 years ago

Well, I guess there may be one issue. Does the animation(or picture) need to move to the left a little bit?

20180815_061552[1] (resized).jpg20180815_061552[1] (resized).jpg
#2431 5 years ago

You can calibrate this in the menue

#2432 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I don’t believe the source code is available, so other people can’t improve it. I’ve dug through the files on the game and it’s all compiled python libraries (as best as I could figure out.)

However, if someone has the source code, I’m happy to work on it.

#2433 5 years ago

I think only DP , Scott D. and Koen H. have the source code.

But maybe this could help to get the source code:

https://www.sdkhere.com/2017/07/reversing-of-python-built-exe.html

#2434 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I think D, Scott D and. Koen H could have the source code. But maybe this could help to get the source code:
https://www.sdkhere.com/2017/07/reversing-of-python-built-exe.html

Cool if it works .. but I'm a bit dubious.

Have to see how things shake out with DP, re: either updates or possible release of source.

#2435 5 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I heard a rumor there are sound improvements coming, so we'll hang in there

There are improvements to the 1.0 sound, I've made the changes to the version of Pinmame BOP is using so that it will run with the Pinsound Studio software instead of emulated sound. Using the original WMS sounds for BOP. Sounds a lot better. But it needs DP and Pinsound to come to some agreement, and it's hardly very far up DPs list of things at the moment.

#2436 5 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

There are improvements to the 1.0 sound, I've made the changes to the version of Pinmame BOP is using so that it will run with the Pinsound Studio software instead of emulated sound. Using the original WMS sounds for BOP. Sounds a lot better. But it needs DP and Pinsound to come to some agreement, and it's hardly very far up DPs list of things at the moment.

That's awesome news, and hopefully the improvements make it into our games someday!

#2437 5 years ago

Looking to replace the trim on mine. Trying to decide between all chrome, including coin door or purple/blue trim? Here is the purple blue trim I am considering. Have the 2.0 cab decals on mine. Also considering a darker purple with metallic flake. Most I have seen have the chrome which looks real good?

IMG_20180817_222456993 (resized).jpgIMG_20180817_222456993 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180820-090516 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180820-090516 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180820-090526 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180820-090526 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180820-091010 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180820-091010 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180820-091016 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180820-091016 (resized).png
#2438 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiball33:

Looking to replace the trim on mine. Trying to decide between all chrome, including coin door or purple/blue trim? Here is the purple blue trim I am considering. Have the 2.0 cab decals on mine. Also considering a darker purple with metallic flake. Most I have seen have the chrome which looks real good?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

have you considered black trim?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#2439 5 years ago

No. Black looks pretty nice also. Keeping the thinner, newer style rails on mine.

#2440 5 years ago

have you considered the original excellent art and stainless so that the game stands out in a lineup rather than being a boring black base cab?

#2441 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

have you considered the original excellent art and stainless so that the game stands out in a lineup rather than being a boring black base cab?

Looks like the 2.0 art package is already on...

what about pink, or white for the trim, or a really great blue, blue would be great, none's done it yet that I know of, maybe that electric blue thats on the art under the brides feet?

#2442 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Looks like the 2.0 art package is already on...
what about pink, or white for the trim, or a really great blue, blue would be great, none's done it yet that I know of, maybe that electric blue thats on the art under the brides feet?

I know the ugly updated package is on it. He could fix it is the point.

#2443 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiball33:

Looking to replace the trim on mine. Trying to decide between all chrome, including coin door or purple/blue trim? Here is the purple blue trim I am considering. Have the 2.0 cab decals on mine. Also considering a darker purple with metallic flake. Most I have seen have the chrome which looks real good?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How about chrome with Candy purple pc on top? Expensive but damn it's purdy.

6340d7788c2bb027ebd3c9635a2f8578c2e195a8 (resized).jpg6340d7788c2bb027ebd3c9635a2f8578c2e195a8 (resized).jpg
#2444 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Quoted from MustangPaul:

How about chrome with Candy purple pc on top? Expensive but damn it's purdy.
[quoted image]

tell me THAT won't stand out in a crowd!!

Isn't this the BOP 2.0 Club?... I would think anything BOP 2.0 goes and is allowed.

#2445 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Isn't this the BOP 2.0 Club?... I would think anything BOP 2.0 goes and is allowed.

Sure it is, my picture was just to show what the color looked like.

#2446 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sure it is, my picture was just to show what the color looked like.

super gorgeous, I think it would look great on bop 1,or 2

#2447 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

super gorgeous, I think it would look great on bop 1,or 2

I've been thinking about it for my BOP1 but man the $$$$$

1 month later
#2448 5 years ago

Got Work one of those BOP_Crate stickers. I don't feel like spent enough time on the installation; but still looks worlds better.

Thanks Devilsmuse !

P_20181012_180247 (resized).jpgP_20181012_180247 (resized).jpgP_20181012_180256 (resized).jpgP_20181012_180256 (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#2449 5 years ago

FYI, installed drop-in replacement for the helmet control board to support LEDs and introduce proper fade. More info here in the 1.0 thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/33#post-4679092

Here's a video:

#2450 5 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

FYI, installed drop-in replacement for the helmet control board to support LEDs and introduce proper fade. More info here in the 1.0 thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/33#post-4679092
Here's a video:

Nice work, fade looks great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Boards
PinSound

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,148 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.