IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 64.
#2351 6 years ago

She’s alive!!!!

#2352 6 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

She’s alive!!!!

What was the solution? BIOS settings?

#2353 6 years ago

Switched from windows 8 to 7 in bios. thanks for the help guys.

#2354 6 years ago

Anybody know how I get on WiFi and update?... I read you need an email and since I’m not the original purchaser of kit I didn’t receive email

#2355 6 years ago

E-mail [email protected], they should be able to hook you up. Let them know who you purchased the game from to transfer the account.

#2356 6 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Anybody know how I get on WiFi and update?... I read you need an email and since I’m not the original purchaser of kit I didn’t receive email

As Koen said above ^

I purchase my machine off someone in November last year and the account details I was given didn't work. I contact the DP guys via the support email and they sent me an email with the account details to get me up and running with their Live page.

1 week later
#2357 6 years ago

Here's something you dont see everyday... A set of nos skill shot rollers! Well ok not really :liar:I was able though to get my hands on these newly made rollers ! They didn't make it into production due to being slightly harder than the oem version. There's no difference in game play so I'm super happy to get these in my game!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2358 6 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Here's something you dont see everyday... A set of nos skill shot rollers! Well ok not really I was able though to get my hands on these newly made rollers ! They didn't make it into production due to being slightly harder than the oem version. There's no difference in game play so I'm super happy to get these in my game!

#2359 6 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Here's something you dont see everyday... A set of nos skill shot rollers! Well ok not really :liar:I was able though to get my hands on these newly made rollers ! They didn't make it into production due to being slightly harder than the oem version. There's no difference in game play so I'm super happy to get these in my game!

Please share when I could get a set.

#2360 6 years ago

#2361 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Please share when I could get a set.

These didn't get the final approval for production sorry.

#2362 6 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

These didn't get the final approval for production sorry.

Awe crap, I'd take a set too. Where did you get that apron, from Dutch?

#2363 6 years ago

I used my ultrasonic cleaner on my old rollers, they were as good as new after that.

#2364 6 years ago

I don't think dp makes that apron decal. It is super nice.

#2365 6 years ago
Quoted from waynestatemac:

The 1.0 emulation sounds do suck!

It was me that put together the pinmame version that's used for 1.0, and I'm finally getting a BOP of my own; all the prior testing was very labour intensive (try something, compile, send to DP, get a response, rinse and repeat). When it arrives here, I'll blow the dust of the pinmame source and see what we can do with sounds and the helmet lamps, it'll be much easier to test now. No promises though.

#2366 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Awe crap, I'd take a set too. Where did you get that apron, from Dutch?

Got this from arcadeskin before pps put a stop to them. Glad I got it when I did !

#2367 6 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Got this from arcadeskin before pps put a stop to them. Glad I got it when I did !

Crap.

4 weeks later
#2368 6 years ago

I can't figure out why no one has reproduced the skill shot rollers with so many people restoring their Bride's with repro playfields, helmets, mini-playfields and Bride 2.0 kits. It seems like a no brainer.

Excited to hear about code updates possibly coming for the helmet and original game sounds!

#2369 6 years ago

I still have not installed my 2.0 kit. Still bummed about the sound emulation on 1.0

Snux , I really hope you have a good trick up your sleeve

#2370 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I still have not installed my 2.0 kit. Still bummed about the sound emulation on 1.0

Honestly, I don't think I've played 1.0 on it at all, 2.0 is such a better game it's hard to go back.

#2371 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Honestly, I don't think I've played 1.0 on it at all, 2.0 is such a better game it's hard to go back.

I miss the combo awards and sound effects. Still maintain the left-right orbit shots are up there for best feeling combos in all of pinball.

#2372 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I only use it to show people what "the old game" was like. Of course it's cool they managed to incorporate it using pinmame and such, but once you go 2.0, you never go 1.0.

#2373 6 years ago

I play both original and 2.0 with a pretty even split. I love both rule sets.

#2374 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Oh, I do. My machine sounds awesome. Discussions ongoing about if/how it can be released. If we do push an update, I'll post here first listing what else I've fixed and seek any other things people have issues with on the 1.0 side, be good to fix those (if possible) at the same time.

This will take some time, even if there is an update bear in mind that BOP2 isn't real high on DPs list of priorities.

#2375 6 years ago

Just put up my ad for "BoP Space Crate" stickers to update the Lock-when-lit cover. The art has been updated and finalized. Each kit includes two stickers --just in case.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1134-devilsmuse-arcade/01517-bop-space-crate-sticker

I tried to make it as affordable as possible and with the high probability of messing up the installation ( these stickers are super sticky and stretchy ) I felt it best to ship two instead of having people reorder in the event of an installation failure.... Play On my friends.

1_3_4 side (resized).jpg1_3_4 side (resized).jpg

3_Side installed (resized).jpg3_Side installed (resized).jpg

Bop Space Container II sm (resized).jpgBop Space Container II sm (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2376 6 years ago

Got mine !

1 week later
#2377 6 years ago

Hi folks,

the resto of the my BOP 2.0 is getting stuck, cause the original lane guide plastics are broken.

I woud like to create new BOP lane guide plastics, cause i don't like the original and repro plastics.

Maybe someone has a scan of both lane guide plastics, so I can customize them in a BOP 2.0 look.

Hope you can help me.

Thank you

#2378 6 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

Oh, I do. My machine sounds awesome. Discussions ongoing about if/how it can be released. If we do push an update, I'll post here first listing what else I've fixed and seek any other things people have issues with on the 1.0 side, be good to fix those (if possible) at the same time.
This will take some time, even if there is an update bear in mind that BOP2 isn't real high on DPs list of priorities.

Im watching with great anticipation... I have yet to install my 2.0 kit, kind of a shame really, but my family and I love 1.0 so much that The possible lag was keeping me from installing it .... have I said all this before?, forgive me if I have, just really excited to see this fix implemented!

Thank you Snux! If there’s any lobbying I can do to push things along, let me know. You can even send this post to DP if it helps

#2379 6 years ago

So, regarding the updates to 1.0, here's the information so far.

- DP are in no hurry to release an update. Koen isn't working for them at the moment (and is also in the middle of moving house), and they are busy with TBL. So although things are moving, don't necessarily expect anything real soon.
- The discussion about getting the improved sound distributed isn't settled yet. This is enabled by installing the Pinsound Studio software and the original BOP orchestration, then using a specially compiled version of pinmame. Pinmame then uses Pinsound for sound processing instead of emulating it (which is how it works at the moment). This works really well (my BOP 1.0 sounds great). Hopefully will have an answer here soon, Pinsound and DP both need to be happy with this approach.

Anyway, while we're waiting, here is some more information on the new build of pinmame for BOP 1.0 and what's changed / fixed. If you are aware of anything else that I've missed please let me know and I'll try and get that sorted too. Bear in mind that whenever this does start to get picked up by DP there will be some beta testing going on before a more general release.

- The new version is built using a base of Pinmame version 3.0 instead of the ancient version 2.3 that was used before. This has a number of "behind the scenes" improvements.
- It's also compiled using a newer set of compilers, so in theory might be more efficient.
- There was an issue with holding in the start button to quit 1.0 and going back to the launcher. Often a game would start just before the quit took place, and often that would kick a ball into the shooter lane. That would mean you end up at the launcher (and hence the start of whatever game you play next) with a ball in the shooter lane. Not a showstopper, but annoying. That's been fixed.
- The helmet lamps in the current BOP 1.0 were just playing a repeating/looping pattern. That was because we were unable to process the actual pattern that pinmame wants to play. We've worked out how to catch the correct patterns and get them over to the P-ROC quickly enough. So now the game plays with the helmet lamp patterns as intended by Williams
- Regarding the 'lag'. My machine doesn't seem to show any, but then some other folks with the existing 1.0 code said they didn't see it either. Anyways, the new code should perform better due both to general pinmame 3.0 / compiler improvements plus some adjustments to the P-ROC specific handling. Beta testing when we get that far should indicate if the situation is improved generally or if there is something else we need to look at. During beta testing if anyone is still experiencing some lag there is some debugging we can do to that might help.
- Someone mentioned that there is a bug where some high scores are not saved. Actually there are two parts to this. Firstly there is actually a bug in the Williams ROM for BOP where high scores can be lost. This is documented on another thread somewhere here on Pinside. That I can't do anything about. Secondly, you need to actually quit 1.0 for the save to happen - Pinmame only writes out the nvram file when it exits "nicely". If you just shutdown the machine, pinmame just quits without saving. I'm looking to see if I can do something about this.

So that's kinda where we are at the moment. When I get any more information I'll share it here, and in the meantime if you are aware of any other 1.0 issues then please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Mark

#2380 6 years ago

Amazing work Mark! This might actually make me consider BOP 2.0. The sound and lag were the two things holding me back.

#2381 6 years ago

The original BoP bug I recall was high score #4 not being saved, and you're right: that is in the original ROM itself.

I don't recall that any scores get saved when running the emulation from 2.0. I will double check tonight though. To be honest, I rarely play 1.0 anymore but I might occasionally if the sound is improved and there is a little less lag.

I do appreciate the detailed update!

#2382 6 years ago

Does anyone have an issue with the music going out during game play? The background sound is still there, but music is gone. Once the ball drains and a new ball is launched, the music comes back. Happens about every 3rd game for me.

Also on start up, the LEDs all flicker....once a few switches are hit, the flicker goes away.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

#2383 6 years ago

Huh, 1.0 does save scores. I don't know why I thought otherwise.

I have noticed the music go out occasionally, but very infrequently. I have observed the same thing on games as old as Pinbot.

#2384 6 years ago

Quick update

- Tom (@tomlogic) who has also done a lot of work in the P-ROC pinmame build (including getting it working under Linux, updating to Pinmame 3.0 and laying the framework for intercepting low level information like the helmet lamps) knows how to achieve the clean exit. So we should be able to have BOP 1.0 save nvram (including settings, scores etc) on a regular power off without needing to exit the game manually first.
- Discussions between DP and Pinsound should pick up again once DP have got TBL back on track. At the moment we know it works (my machine is the example), hopefully they can work something out to distribute it along with the other fixes when we reach that point in the future.
- I mentioned above that there is a bug in the original Williams ROM that sometimes means high scores don't get saved. That's the bug I can't fix. I found the Pinside thread with more information, it's here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-bop-high-score-problem

That's it for now. Any other issues / wishes for BOP 1.0 that don't involve updating the ROM code please let me know and I'll see what we can do about them.

#2385 6 years ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

Does anyone have an issue with the music going out during game play? The background sound is still there, but music is gone.

I had a lot of stuff like that happen on my BOP 2.0. Eventually drove me crazy and sold the game.

#2386 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I had a lot of stuff like that happen on my BOP 2.0. Eventually drove me crazy and sold the game.

Not sure I'm ready to sell my game over these items, so rather hoping someone has had it happen and determined a fix. I should have shared that this is on 2.0 play as I have not played 1.0 in quite awhile.

#2387 6 years ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

Does anyone have an issue with the music going out during game play? The background sound is still there, but music is gone. Once the ball drains and a new ball is launched, the music comes back.
Anyone else experiencing these issues?

I had this happen with the music. Also at times a complete black out of lights running 1.19. Reinstalled 1.18 and so far so good.

#2388 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I had this happen with the music. Also at times a complete black out of lights running 1.19. Reinstalled 1.18 and so far so good.

Interesting. I've had it happen a few times, I didn't think about going back a version.

#2389 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Interesting. I've had it happen a few times, I didn't think about going back a version.

This is weird, I play the game daily and it's never happened to me on 1.19. Then again, I do suck at pinball, so is it possible the bug happens at higher scores?

#2390 6 years ago

Snux , this is all very good news, I’m crossing my fingers this will all take place sooner than later, patience is ensuing though

#2391 6 years ago

The only time I've noticed music cut out is at game over during the match sequence. It doesn't happen all the time and I've not attempted to try and replicate it on a consistent basis. From what I observe though: the game ends, the music for the match sequence begins to play, head begins to rotates back to default position and then the normal match music cuts out until the sequence is complete. Sometimes the match music stays on without issue. I've never had the music cut out mid game though.

I have observed the "delay" in some gameplay switches triggering and then being registered by the game. My hope is the update will resolve these with all the improvements in the pinmame build.

Thanks for the updates though mate - appreciate the effort

#2392 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Just to clarify, this was when playing 2.0, not 1.0.

#2393 6 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

Quick update
- Tom (tomlogic) who has also done a lot of work in the P-ROC pinmame build (including getting it working under Linux, updating to Pinmame 3.0 and laying the framework for intercepting low level information like the helmet lamps) knows how to achieve the clean exit. So we should be able to have BOP 1.0 save nvram (including settings, scores etc) on a regular power off without needing to exit the game manually first.
- Discussions between DP and Pinsound should pick up again once DP have got TBL back on track. At the moment we know it works (my machine is the example), hopefully they can work something out to distribute it along with the other fixes when we reach that point in the future.
- I mentioned above that there is a bug in the original Williams ROM that sometimes means high scores don't get saved. That's the bug I can't fix. I found the Pinside thread with more information, it's here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-bop-high-score-problem
That's it for now. Any other issues / wishes for BOP 1.0 that don't involve updating the ROM code please let me know and I'll see what we can do about them.

Psyched to read development for BoP 2.0 (and emulation of 1.0) is still done!

1 month later
#2394 5 years ago

How many 2.0 do you think are out there now?

#2395 5 years ago

70? 100?

#2397 5 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

atlanta.craigslist.org link

I can't believe this game is still on the market. Especially at that price!If I didn't already have one, I'd be all over this!

3 weeks later
#2398 5 years ago

I finally finished my playfield swap with only minor adjustments needed. What a relief! The bride is breathtaking! Time to make some progress towards wizard mode and decide if she's a keeper.

#2399 5 years ago

I bought & installed an old BOP 2.0 kit off a friend who never got around to installing it, and the PC is running version 1.13 of the software. Does anybody still have the 1.16 "full" upgrade laying around somewhere? It doesn't seem to be on DP's website, but it looks like you need to be at least at 1.16 to get to 1.19. Thanks in advance!

#2400 5 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

I bought & installed an old BOP 2.0 kit off a friend who never got around to installing it, and the PC is running version 1.13 of the software. Does anybody still have the 1.16 "full" upgrade laying around somewhere? It doesn't seem to be on DP's website, but it looks like you need to be at least at 1.16 to get to 1.19. Thanks in advance!

Here's a link to v1.18, maybe if you USB update to this, it'll get you to be able to internet update to 1.19?

http://www.dutchpinball.com/bop2/software/1.18/NcQkiBiu/BOP2-v1.18.zip

If I recall correctly, you just put the zip file on the USB stick, and from the tech menu in the BOP2 game, do the USB update, and it'll unzip it into the right place. You can switch between versions in the menu too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.