IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 64.
#2201 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Does anyone have any fixes to share re: the PC powering on automatically when the main power switch on the pinball machine is flipped?
Initially, the Danesi board which indicates state of power, PC and switches (P-ROC?) with the LEDs was taking nearly a minute to flip the power on to the PC, but the PC did boot automatically. I thought this length of time was faulty or incorrect.
Now it's flipping the power to the PC almost instantaneously, but the PC isn't turning on automatically. Only if you press the button to manually do it on the Danesi board, or the PC itself.
Engineer reckons the pulse time is too short.
Anyone any ideas? Is it fixable, or is the board faulty?

First, I'd ask Scott directly. But also, I've had a similar problem and my solution was to shut everything down, move the USB cables to different slots on the computer. Unplug the power cord from the computer and let it sit for a while. Plug the power back in and turn it back on. It's weird how it just seems to get out of sync with itself. I also have a Belkin power strip that detects when the computer is off and cuts power to the monitor and amp. Sometimes I've had to take that out of the loop. Since I replaced the failed SSD, it has been booting better overall.

#2202 6 years ago

Just refinished some BoP helmets in chrome. Will have some for quick exchange.

Ron
Pinball Plating and More - chrome, brass, nickel, black nickel, candy chrome, and powder coating - plastic chrome plating
http://www.pinballplatingandmore.com
[email protected]
615-406-0204

20170605_134111 (resized).jpg20170605_134111 (resized).jpg

20170605_134305 (resized).jpg20170605_134305 (resized).jpg

20170605_134133 (resized).jpg20170605_134133 (resized).jpg

#2203 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Just refinished some BoP helmets in chrome. Will have some for quick exchange.

Hmm, yeah, I might need one of those too. Just take all my money! LOL

#2204 6 years ago

Oh I am in for one of those!

But, my helmet is pretty rough. Will you sell them without exchange as well?

#2205 6 years ago

Yay!

Finally in this club!

I bought my machine 2nd hand, and I have a small problem.
When I boot I get "p-roc not found"
Any pointers on how to solve it?

#2206 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Yay!
Finally in this club!
I bought my machine 2nd hand, and I have a small problem.
When I boot I get "p-roc not found"
Any pointers on how to solve it?

Try removing all other usb devices, maybe there's a conflict.

#2207 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Try removing all other usb devices, maybe there's a conflict.

That did not resolve the issue. The previous owner had a bad power down and it gave the same error. It was working prior to that.

Any suggestions?

#2208 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

That did not resolve the issue. The previous owner had a bad power down and it gave the same error. It was working prior to that.
Any suggestions?

When on, turn power off on machine first, then after 30 seconds unplug from wall/turn off power strip to power down the PC. Wait a minute, power up at outlet, wait until you see PRock not found on screen, then hit the power button on the machine and see if the PRock board then loads. This is the common easy way to solve it.

If you are still having the problem, then something is wrong with your PRock board. Check the connections between the PRock board and the PC, see if they came disconnected during transport. It could be something as simple as the PRock board not getting power or it's connection to the PC came unconnected.

#2209 6 years ago

There also are some other good tips on the Dutch Pinball forums here: http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=105

Mine was a Batch 2 kit, I had to do both the power mod and change the BIOS setting for ERP Support to get mine to boot up correctly and not reboot during play. After I followed their recommendations mine has been rock solid for well over a year.

#2210 6 years ago

Thank you for the suggestions nwpinball
My computer is not booting without me actually pressing the power button.
The CSSC board blinks yellow the whole time.

#2211 6 years ago

Some pictures from the machine.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2212 6 years ago

I'd really like to pull the trigger on a 2.0 kit on the next restock

#2213 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Thank you for the suggestions nwpinball
My computer is not booting without me actually pressing the power button.
The CSSC board blinks yellow the whole time.

So I think that's the BIOS setting that needs to be updated, I had to do this initially. Here's the instructions from the link I posted:

Issue #1:
The first issue is for when the PC will not ever shut down and the yellow LED on the Startup/shutdown controller never turns off. This is fixed by updating a setting in the BIOS of the PC.

Solution #1:
To update your BIOS, you will need to follow the steps below.
Step 1: Power off the machine, open the backbox and make sure the PC is off.
Step 2: Connect a USB keyboard to your Gigabyte PC.
Step 3: Power on your PC using the power button on the PC case.
Step 4: Immediately push the delete key a few times to enter the BIOS. The screen will turn into a blue colored menu system.
Step 5: Scroll to the right until you are on the Chipset tab. You may need to remove your LCD display to see where you are in the BIOS menu.
Step 6: Update the setting called ERP Support to be enabled.
Step 7: Scroll to the right and select save and exit. The computer will reboot and the setting will be saved.
Step 8: Power off the PC
Step 9: Turn on game power switch and enjoy your Bride of Pinbot 2.0

#2214 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Some pictures from the machine.

Seems to me the P-ROC is not getting power. The gray/black power connector should be connected left/below the flat cable. Refer to step 5A of the Upgrade Kit Manual.

#2215 6 years ago

So you are completely missing the power connection to your P-Rock board. It should look like this, look for the loose connector and hook it up!

IMG_5213 (resized).JPGIMG_5213 (resized).JPG

#2216 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

So you are completely missing the power connection to your P-Rock board. It should look like this, look for the loose connector and hook it up!

Thx, I was too lazy to make a photo of my setup

(Btw, it's P-ROC, not P-Rock )

#2217 6 years ago

Autocorrect really wants to make it rock

Any luck getting your Bride 2.0 kit going with the power now plugged in Axl?

#2218 6 years ago

Thanks to all that chimed in to help!

I turns out that the power cable to audio, P-ROC and sollenoid (?) board must have had some execessive force to it.
The cable was dangling, and all the power connector pins on those boards was bent, almost 90 degrees.
I carefullly bent them back. Now everything is working perfectly. Hopefully i don`t have to solder in new connectors.

Crazy work week, but hopefully i will get to play the first game on it tomorrow.

#2219 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Thanks to all that chimed in to help!
I turns out that the power cable to audio, P-ROC and sollenoid (?) board must have had some execessive force to it.
The cable was dangling, and all the power connector pins on those boards was bent, almost 90 degrees.
I carefullly bent them back. Now everything is working perfectly. Hopefully i don`t have to solder in new connectors.
Crazy work week, but hopefully i will get to play the first game on it tomorrow.

The cable may have been pulled when the head way laid down. Double check that nothing is bound up when the head is moved before you forget that this may be a problem (I know that I would forget six months down the road).

2 months later
#2220 6 years ago

Just made it to the wizard mode for the first time today! BoP 2.0 was a game that I didn't watch any videos or advanced to the wizard mode with the glass off just to see it. Since BoP is my favorite game and one that would never leave, I knew that I'd work my way up to it and enjoy seeing the reveal. All I can say is that it was well worth it and very, very well done! Without giving away spoilers, I loved the third stage and the wizard mode itself was a LOT of fun. Definitely gets your heart beating. Hope to make it back sometime soon.

#2221 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Just made it to the wizard mode for the first time today! BoP 2.0 was a game that I didn't watch any videos or advanced to the wizard mode with the glass off just to see it. Since BoP is my favorite game and one that would never leave, I knew that I'd work my way up to it and enjoy seeing the reveal. All I can say is that it was well worth it and very, very well done! Without giving away spoilers, I loved the third stage and the wizard mode itself was a LOT of fun. Definitely gets your heart beating. Hope to make it back sometime soon.

Metamorphosis is amazing! Or were you talking about Big Wheel Billion? I still haven't seen that one.

#2222 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Metamorphosis is amazing! Or were you talking about Big Wheel Billion? I still haven't seen that one.

Metamorphosis. Haven't made the big wheel billion (yet).

#2223 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Metamorphosis. Haven't made the big wheel billion (yet).

When you go back to the original Bop, do you notice any switch lag? If you do notice it, does it bother you?? I've been hesitant to install bop 2.0

#2224 6 years ago

Speaking for myself; yes and yes. But not nearly enough for me to regret installing it.

#2225 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

When you go back to the original Bop, do you notice any switch lag? If you do notice it, does it bother you?? I've been hesitant to install bop 2.0

Yes -- sounds and switch lag. Due to the layer of emulation running though a PC. I notice it, but not enough to really bug me when I want to go back and play 1.0. What really throws me is the voices. They sound so very, very off.

#2226 6 years ago

my 2.0 is working after 2 years of frustration. thanks to some help from Eric N in cali.
I got 0 help from dutch and it ended up costing me a little over $300 to get it going.
from the beginning my set up continued to freeze up and shut down. never played a whole game once.
i send the kit to Eric to test out in his working bride. after lots of testing he came to the conclusion
that the gigabyte had fatal errors. I bought a new one from amazon with larger hard drive and more ram.
and send it to him. He managed to get software transferred over, updated and working.

#2227 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

my 2.0 is working after 2 years of frustration. thanks to some help from Eric N in cali.
I got 0 help from dutch and it ended up costing me a little over $300 to get it going.
from the beginning my set up continued to freeze up and shut down. never played a whole game once.
i send the kit to Eric to test out in his working bride. after lots of testing he came to the conclusion
that the gigabyte had fatal errors. I bought a new one from amazon with larger hard drive and more ram.
and send it to him. He managed to get software transferred over, updated and working.

I used the excellent video tutorial from awarner to transfer the content from the original drive to the new larger drive.

I also advised him to keep the old pc to maintain the license since the pc has the bally williams sticker on it.

#2228 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I never go back to the original BOP after installing 2.0. It seems... boring.

#2229 6 years ago

There is a nice 2.0 for sale near me. I had no clue that these things were as high $ as they are.

#2230 6 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

There is a nice 2.0 for sale near me. I had no clue that these things were as high $ as they are.

How high? You have a 2.2K game with a 2K kit in it, then if someone bought a repro playfield and swapped it in, it could easily be pushing over 5K.

#2231 6 years ago

Asking $7500.00..Here is the link:
atlanta.craigslist.org link

Description is calling it a basically new game.

#2232 6 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

looks like that belonged to 85vett https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-or-trade-restomod-bride-of-pinbot-20-7500-obo and it's priced correctly.

#2233 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Glad you finally got your kit working! Sorry to hear DP didn't step up.

#2234 6 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Yeah, repro playfield, mirrored repro backglass, new plastics, new decals (although I'm not a fan of the switch from purple to black on the cabinet art), powdered purple legs and rails... they easily have 7.5K into it. But that's a high end full restore with lots of bling and priced above an average 2.0. The buyer will be someone willing to pay a premium price for all the work and effort that's gone into the game.

You also have remember there are really not a lot of these around, I think the two Dutch Pinball runs were each 25, I can't imagine the Cointaker/Nitro run was more than 50. So 100 kits out there, probably only 50-75 of them installed.

#2235 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

You also have remember there are really not a lot of these around, I think the two Dutch Pinball runs were each 25, I can't imagine the Cointaker/Nitro run was more than 50. So 100 kits out there, probably only 50-75 of them installed.

25% never got installed or was left after not working right sounds spot on.

I have personally had my hand in 3 of these that didn't work right out of the box

#2236 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

25% never got installed or was left after not working right sounds spot on.
I have personally had my hand in 3 of these that didn't work right out of the box

Mine definitely didn't work right out of the box, but doing the two mods from the Dutch Pinball forum solved all my issues. It's been rock solid ever since, save for the time I brought it to the NW Pinball & Arcade Show for Tommy to have set up at the Nitro booth and the display cable came undone in transport. One of these days I'm going to get the courage up to do the playfield swap and really take my game to the next level. But I have too many projects currently to mess with a working game.

#2237 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

One of these days I'm going to get the courage up to do the playfield swap and really take my game to the next level. But I have too many projects currently to mess with a working game.

Me too

#2238 6 years ago

2.0 was the last modification of a soups-to-nuts restoration of my BoP over last year. The game is perfect, and since I've installed 2.0, I've seen no issues with the 2.0 components. The game works like we would expect.

#2239 6 years ago

My game works fine now, but what should I be doing (if anything) to ensure it doesn't crap out on me down the line with no recourse? Should I be upgrading or backing up the computer? Other things?

#2240 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

My game works fine now, but what should I be doing (if anything) to ensure it doesn't crap out on me down the line with no recourse? Should I be upgrading or backing up the computer? Other things?

Buy a new larger hard drive and clone your existing drive to it.

Put the original drive in secure storage and use the larger drive in your game.

Al's instructions here:

#2241 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Al's instructions here: » YouTube video

I'm glad to see that people use this. I got bit without a backup. Luckily, The Korn helped me out and saved me. Great community out there.

#2242 6 years ago

Yeah, that's my old game Buyer offered it back to me but I just could never get into the game after all the time I put into it so he put it up for sale. It plays great but the rules didn't mesh with me for some reason. Nothing against the rules at all, just not my cup of tea.

Quoted from nwpinball:

Yeah, repro playfield, mirrored repro backglass, new plastics, new decals (although I'm not a fan of the switch from purple to black on the cabinet art), powdered purple legs and rails... they easily have 7.5K into it.

Just a point of clarification for anyone that may be looking at the game. The rails, lockbar, hinges and legs are candy purple painted.

The person that bought the game from me is not active on Pinside (he does have a profile). I'm not going to share his user name or the amount we settled on as I think he prefers to be a silent party on the forums. If I can help answer any questions about the game though shoot me a PM and I'll be more than happy to discuss about the game as I restored it or the condition when it left. The thread posted earlier is a good resource on all things done to it when restored. I hope one of you buys it as I'd really like to see it go to a good home.

#2243 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Al's instructions here: » YouTube video

I need to do this at some point. So question, why use a larger drive and not just clone the drive and save it as back up as recommended in the video? Is the current drive close to full and it will run better with a bigger drive?

#2244 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I need to do this at some point. So question, why use a larger drive and not just clone the drive and save it as back up as recommended in the video? Is the current drive close to full and it will run better with a bigger drive?

I was wondering the same thing. I saved the image to an external drive as a backup. This was a long time ago and I don't even remember how I did it (the aforementioned TheKorn may have helped me), so at the very least I want to watch the above video and start over to make sure I have a good backup.

#2245 6 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I was wondering the same thing. I saved the image to an external drive as a backup. This was a long time ago and I don't even remember how I did it (the aforementioned TheKorn may have helped me), so at the very least I want to watch the above video and start over to make sure I have a good backup.

So here's the deal. The Image that you create with Clonezilla is the exact same size as the Source drive. What that means is that if you copy it to a bigger drive, it'll still show up as the smaller drive size. There are utilities that will allow you to expand it out to fill the new drive but that has to be done after the drive is back in the computer and booted. So if you just follow my instructions, your 60GB drive will still appear to be 40GB. If you back it up again, it'll still appear to be a 40GB drive (unless you expanded it). You obviously can't copy a larger image to a smaller drive.

I couldn't find a smaller SSD drive than 60GB and I don't care about the 20GB in unused space but if you do, you can try this to get it back: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771473(v=ws.11).aspx

But remember that your future drive will now have to be bigger than your new total space used.

#2246 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The existing drive is almost full @ 30GB. If you ever have any driver or other software issues and have to update you will run out space very quickly. Also as awarner said, 30GB is hard to find.

I like to give windows plenty of room to be it's bloated old self.

#2247 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

The existing drive is almost full @ 30GB. If you ever have any driver or other software issues and have to update you will run out space very quickly. Also as awarner said, 30GB is hard to find.
I like to give windows plenty of room to be it's bloated old self.

There are definitely programs out there to resize partitions without formatting. If you're restoring to the new drive, with a partition the same size as your backup, there will be an unused section of your hard drive. At this point, you could expand the smaller partition into the additional space. Kind of a pain, takes forever, but it should work.

#2248 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

There are definitely programs out there to resize partitions without formatting. If you're restoring to the new drive, with a partition the same size as your backup, there will be an unused section of your hard drive. At this point, you could expand the smaller partition into the additional space. Kind of a pain, takes forever, but it should work.

This is what I did. Didn't take long at all

#2249 6 years ago

I have been playing my BOP 2.0 some, not much though. There is still some small bugs.
Too bad that is not working at dutch any more.

does anyone know how to get into audits?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 9.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.