4B62A3F2-9288-49C9-B52B-64D424AA8DA7 (resized).jpeg
2C09922A-1FDF-403E-939B-3BC65AEEE784 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_4082 (resized).JPG
IMG_4083 (resized).JPG
IMG_4081 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,736 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 55.
#1951 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What version are you on?
Here's the log for 1.17 Beta
http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=137

1.16 seen some people had some issues with 1.17 so I haven't updated. What's new with 1.17?

#1952 4 years ago

A bit random, but it'd be nice if BOP 2.0 got a few more ratings. We don't have sufficient ratings currently to be ranked. One or two more should do'er.

#1953 4 years ago

Also seems kinda lame that when you shoot heartbeat ramp with shuttle not ready it does nothing... maybe a whole other mode could be there instead of nothing!

#1954 4 years ago
Quoted from BobT:

A bit random, but it'd be nice if BOP 2.0 got a few more ratings. We don't have sufficient ratings currently to be ranked. One or two more should do'er.

I will go rate it sometime tonight

#1955 4 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Also seems kinda lame that when you shoot heartbeat ramp with shuttle not ready it does nothing... maybe a whole other mode could be there instead of nothing!

I suggest posting your ideas on DP forum threads

#1956 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I suggest posting your ideas on DP forum threads

I just registered an account last night... will also post my opinions there soon.

#1957 4 years ago

The 1.17 beta has a GI bug that turns the lights off, it's kind of annoying to play... judging by the lack of info coming from them on TBL, anyone's guess as to when 1.17 will be fixed and out of beta.

#1958 4 years ago

PINSIDE RATING
This game has received its 15th rating this week. It will be included in next weeks Pinside Pinball Top 100 calculation!

This just showed up on the BOP 2.0 page!

#1959 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Can an insert light be a trigger? I would thing the shuttle insert at the entrance to the ramp would make sense.

I have to order a pinduino. But I decided to code the stuff for myself. Which can obviously been done with my little hardware experiment or a ready to use shield-combo like the pinduino. Haven't been coding since my C64/Amiga days... lol!

So far I accomplished to make the light-show, two input switches that trigger a "flasher"-lightshow (with custom fade in/out) and shaker motor on/off.

But I know for sure, that you won't be able to purchase everything you'd need for less than the pinduino costs. So if you're interested go get it!

#1960 4 years ago

...just received my BOP 2.0 from the shipper and none of the switches operate. Is there a fuse or cable, or ? HELP!

IMG_0016 (resized).JPG

#1961 4 years ago
Quoted from BobT:

...just received my BOP 2.0 from the shipper and none of the switches operate. Is there a fuse or cable, or ? HELP!

The mpu has the same form factor and location as a wpc board. Check the switch connectors on that board and make sure the USB cable from that board to the pc is connected

#1962 4 years ago

Worked! Loose connection. She's alive. TY

#1963 4 years ago

Finally finished restoring my bride and upgraded to the 2.0

IMG_1035 (resized).JPG

IMG_1037 (resized).JPG

IMG_1036 (resized).JPG

IMG_1038 (resized).JPG

IMG_1039 (resized).JPG

#1964 4 years ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

Finally finished restoring my bride and upgraded to the 2.0

Gorgeous!

Unless you want to keep the apron appearance stock,
might I suggest the magnetic apron mod for these?
There is a pinside thread that will give you contact info to buy one.
I have one on mine, and it looks awesome.

#1965 4 years ago

Thanks I just checked it out it's pretty cool

#1966 4 years ago

Here it is installed.

IMG_0017 (resized).JPG

#1967 4 years ago

That green glow was from the topper cycling through the colors... btw

#1968 4 years ago

Looks cool

#1969 4 years ago

That topper is dope! Awesome!

#1970 4 years ago

What software version are you guys using? I have 1.16 in game history, but think I'm running an earlier version.

#1971 4 years ago

I'm running 1.16, but just got my machine recently, and am still getting used to it, AND trying to get it dialed in.

#1972 4 years ago

EVERYONE should take a look at the Top 100 tomorrow morning. BOP 2.0 has enough votes to be listed now, AND I believe it's going to debut near the top...

#1973 4 years ago

I am thinking about buying a BOP 2.0 machine. With the TBL situation, does anyone worry about game code in the future?

#1974 4 years ago

I installed the 2.0 a week ago and when I try to play the regular version the DMD is upscaled to the point where you can't read anything on it.

#1975 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I am thinking about buying a BOP 2.0 machine. With the TBL situation, does anyone worry about game code in the future?

Yes, but as it stands the code is fairly complete. If they never issue another update, I won't feel cheated, though it would be nice.

#1976 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I've been out of the loop, what is the TBL situation?

#1977 4 years ago
Quoted from BobT:

EVERYONE should take a look at the Top 100 tomorrow morning. BOP 2.0 has enough votes to be listed now, AND I believe it's going to debut near the top...

why, that's so irrelevant.

#1978 4 years ago
Quoted from Quarterwaster:

why, that's so irrelevant.

It is, but it's fun to watch. If you click "custom" 2.0 slips in at #2... Which is way higher than anything else in my limited collection.

#1979 4 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I've been out of the loop, what is the TBL situation?

Dutch Pinball lied about a fictitious board manufacturing issue to cover up an ongoing dispute with their manufacturing partner ARA. Apparently ARA wants more money to finish the games, so there's a contractural stalemate causing delay in production. Supposedly DP wants to find a new manufacture, but there's drama with that, because ARA owns the board designs? Probably best to keep this thread on topic though, if you have comments on the TBL situation, head over to the TBL pre-order thread.

I don't think it really effects BoP 2.0 much even if DP dissolves, I would love to see the code finalized (1.17 bugs fixed really), but I'm happy with 1.16 if that's all we ever get.

#1980 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

but I'm happy with 1.16 if that's all we ever get.

best thing of 1.17 is modes continue after multiball... i cant wait for this !!!

#1981 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I don't think it really effects BoP 2.0 much even if DP dissolves, I would love to see the code finalized (1.17 bugs fixed really), but I'm happy with 1.16 if that's all we ever get.

Let me be blunt: I had an event recently where easily we had 40-50 people try BoP 2.0 on 1.16. The game was so well received I've been getting inquiries about it daily. I don't think there is any danger if 1.16 was the last revision, though I doubt it. I have every reason to believe that DP is making smart, calculated decisions to ensure they are in this for the long haul.

Businesses that have limited market size can't get capital from lenders or venture investment, even if they show great profit potential. Therefore, the pre-order model emerged, but with it requires a short attention span audience with limited patience. Not a great mix, but at least passionate community members will wait.

#1982 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Let me be blunt: I had an event recently where easily we had 40-50 people try BoP 2.0 on 1.16. The game was so well received I've been getting inquiries about it daily. I don't think there is any danger if 1.16 was the last revision, though I doubt it. I have every reason to believe that DP is making smart, calculated decisions to ensure they are in this for the long haul.
Businesses that have limited market size can't get capital from lenders or venture investment, even if they show great profit potential. Therefore, the pre-order model emerged, but with it requires a short attention span audience with limited patience. Not a great mix, but at least passionate community members will wait.

DP stated in private communication that BoP was essentially done. This was prior to Chicago expo last fall. It was in response to being asked if there would be any revisions before expo that world make bringing one worth it.

#1983 4 years ago
Quoted from Quarterwaster:

DP stated in private communication that BoP was essentially done. This was prior to Chicago expo last fall. It was in response to being asked if there would be any revisions before expo that world make bringing one worth it.

As I said, I'd be fine with the software as-is. Since now we all know about the changes in 1.17, of course we'd like to see those finalized through QA and released. I'm in no rush, though, as I don't think it makes the game so much better that I can't live without it.

#1984 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

As I said, I'd be fine with the software as-is. Since now we all know about the changes in 1.17, of course we'd like to see those finalized through QA and released. I'm in no rush, though, as I don't think it makes the game so much better that I can't live without it.

I know you said you were fine with no more update, but you said you doubted there would not be more. There very well may not be based on things they directly said. This is disappointing since they never corrected 1.17 issues and released it officially. mode carryover is very important. it helps the game a lot.

#1985 4 years ago

I feel confident that the bugs in 1.17 will get ironed out but I have no timeline.

Biggest issues (for me on 1.17) is an occasional black out of the lights on the PF and background sound cutting out once in a while. (also a few other minor things) If these things don't bother you, 1.17 is good to play.
Otherwise 1.16 is still a good version. I ran 1.16 at Magfest where the game was played for about 72 hours straight and it was solid.

#1986 4 years ago

Where can you get 1.17 if you weren't in their beta group? I don't see it over the wifi update. I'd just assume try it and roll back if needed.

#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Where can you get 1.17 if you weren't in their beta group? I don't see it over the wifi update. I'd just assume try it and roll back if needed.

you can't

#1988 4 years ago

BOO! There were some definitely improvements in that version. It would be really nice if they would just fix the bugs / generally release what was supposed to be the final general release.

#1989 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

so you haven't played a single game yet??? I remember seeing your postings when batch 2 came out.

nope, lock ups and re starts every time

#1990 4 years ago

No worries guys, an update is currently in the works, as stated on our forums earlier today:
http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=159

And 1.17 is just too buggy for public release.

Koen

#1991 4 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

No worries guys, an update is currently in the works, as stated on our forums earlier today:
http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=159
And 1.17 is just too buggy for public release.
Koen

this is good news, can't wait to test it.

#1992 4 years ago

BOP 2.0 is number 5 on the TOP 100. I know you purists don't give a shinola, but I think it's cool.

#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from BobT:

BOP 2.0 is number 5 on the TOP 100. I know you purists don't give a shinola, but I think it's cool.

I tend to be a purist about things like this, however...After a full restore and dialing in of 1.0, my family and friends played it a ton for about a month or so, every day. It's a classic, but somewhat limited machine. Let me emphasize, as far as 1.0 goes, you couldn't play a better example of it, yet particularly in it's "like new" state, it's super unforgiving. The bumpers at the ramp entrances make for very fast game play (particularly on a new playfield), so if you're a beginner or intermediate player, you get a lot of SDTM shots and it requires fast reaction time. It also has no ball saves, so again, if you're not particularly good, it leaves you disappointed. This was my friends and family's reaction to the game... They loved the theme and look, but felt it was way too difficult and returned to my other machine.

I then installed the 2.0 kit, figuring I could always return to 1.0 (not the emulation, just install the original MPU and speaker panel). Interesting, despite having the exact same playfield, you couldn't have a more opposite reaction. The ball saves help mitigate the fast lower playfield play and the video/sound effects engaged my friends way more than 1.0. Now, they go back to 2.0 all the time. The only complaint about it really isn't something 2.0-specific; The three ball multiball is very difficult for beginners on such a short lower half of a playfield. I love it, but I tend to park balls and typically let a ball drain.

#1994 4 years ago

Looks like 1.18 was released to beta testers today.

#1995 4 years ago

Joined the club. Did 2.0 cabinet decals also clear coated the cabinet. Added new playfield,ramps,plastics,mini playfield,faces,all chrome,posts,switches and the 2.0 kit.

IMG_6623 (resized).JPG

IMG_6662 (resized).JPG

IMG_6742 (resized).JPG

IMG_6747 (resized).JPG

IMG_6774 (resized).JPG

IMG_6793 (resized).JPG

IMG_6882 (resized).JPG

IMG_6962 (resized).JPG

IMG_6970 (resized).JPG

IMG_6973 (resized).JPG

IMG_6982 (resized).JPG

IMG_8247 (resized).JPG

IMG_8248 (resized).JPG

#1996 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Joined the club. Did 2.0 cabinet decals also clear coated the cabinet. Added new playfield,ramps,plastics,mini playfield,faces,all chrome,posts,switches and the 2.0 kit.

Should have sent a poet!

#1997 4 years ago

Couple more of the playfield

IMG_6672 (resized).JPG

IMG_6673 (resized).JPG

IMG_6674 (resized).JPG

IMG_6676 (resized).JPG

IMG_6678 (resized).JPG

IMG_6679 (resized).JPG

IMG_6683 (resized).JPG

IMG_6704 (resized).JPG

IMG_6705 (resized).JPG

IMG_6707 (resized).JPG

#1998 4 years ago

Very nice!! So that's what a $10,000 BOP looks like!

#1999 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Very nice!! So that's what a $10,000 BOP looks like!

yes by Christmas. Have about $6300 and 30 hours of time into it.

#2000 4 years ago

very well done. looks incredible.

There are 2,736 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 55.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside