image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_4082 (resized).JPG
IMG_4083 (resized).JPG
IMG_4081 (resized).JPG
fullsizeoutput_5282 (resized).jpeg
231E1676-14F3-40FE-9F90-3403AC7C986F (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 55.
#1901 4 years ago

Anyone know what this is about?

IMG_8255 (resized).JPG

#1902 4 years ago

Maybe Windows logs or similar. Windows loves to fill up a few different log folders, like C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\ folder. If you hook up a keyboard/mouse to the computer in the back box, and run SpaceSniffer http://www.uderzo.it/main_products/space_sniffer/ it will show you what's using up the most space. Might have to copy SpaceSniffer to a USB thumb drive from another computer.

#1903 4 years ago

Also getting this?

IMG_8256 (resized).JPG

#1904 4 years ago

mine still dont work, but they have been in contact and stand behind it. I just need to get it all sent back. fingers crossed

#1905 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

mine still dont work, but they have been in contact and stand behind it. I just need to get it all sent back. fingers crossed

so you haven't played a single game yet??? I remember seeing your postings when batch 2 came out.

#1906 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Anyone know what this is about?

I'd start by erasing some old updates if you have any. You can do it from the service menu. I'd also get a backup in case there's other problems with the OS brewing (your 2nd picture).

#1907 4 years ago

I went to install the BoP 2.0 kit today. I was making great progress when I realized my kit doesn't have a power supply for the display.

Can someone give me the specifications for the power of the display? I emailed CoinTaker but I'm obviously anxious to try to get this thing working.

#1908 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I went to install the BoP 2.0 kit today. I was making great progress when I realized my kit doesn't have a power supply for the display.
Can someone give me the specifications for the power of the display? I emailed CoinTaker but I'm obviously anxious to try to get this thing working.

Batch 1 owners do not have any either We are hooked from the PDB to the CPU 12V line as far as I remeber - plus a new fuse. I'd love to see to be able to order the new config as an upgrade for us first time buyers...

Oh, it should be regular 12V - any brick with, let's say 2A output, should do well... I run several pin2DMD LCDs straight from J118.

#1909 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

You could always buy a 2 or 3 amp 12v wall wort and plug it into the service 110 outlet in the cab. You'd have to plug and unplug it for use but it would also not be a strain on the game power board doing it that way.

#1910 4 years ago

Being the tech hoarder that I am, I found a 12v 1.5amp wall wort and gave it a shot, and it worked. Meanwhile CoinTaker is sending me the appropriate power supply.

Truth be told, the CoinTaker kits now are supposed to include three power supplies; One for the amp, one for the display, and one for the GigaByte brand PC. All three plug into the non-switched powerstrip and outlet in the machine. The display has a built in sleep feature, so in theory, once the PC shuts off it will drop power to the display...and that seems to be how it's working. Unfortunately, the amp has no such feature, so the amp stays on all the time inside the machine.

Now, as an audiophile, you might say that's fine, a power amp can stay on all the time. I get a little nervous leaving anything on indefinitely just because that is how fires get started. I may rig up a more sophisticated 12v and 5v power supply like I did in my ToM. I wired it into the switched side of the power so it turns on when the machine turns on. It could easily handle the amp and the display. The PC should stay on an unswitched outlet because of the power management with the CSSC card.

#1911 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Now, as an audiophile, you might say that's fine, a power amp can stay on all the time. I get a little nervous leaving anything on indefinitely just because that is how fires get started. I may rig up a more sophisticated 12v and 5v power supply like I did in my ToM. I wired it into the switched side of the power so it turns on when the machine turns on. It could easily handle the amp and the display. The PC should stay on an unswitched outlet because of the power management with the CSSC card.

I wonder if something like this would work, if the PC was plugged into the "Control" outlet?

amazon.com link »

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I wonder if something like this would work, if the PC was plugged into the "Control" outlet?
amazon.com link »

I think it could, but this falls into the diminishing returns category. The goal is to play a fun machine, right?

#1913 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

amazon.com link »

i use something like this. works well

#1914 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

amazon.com link »

I stand corrected... This is automatic. Hmm, this would be really easy to implement.

#1915 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Being the tech hoarder that I am, I found a 12v 1.5amp wall wort and gave it a shot, and it worked.

For people without the 12/5v connector under the shooter rod on Stern games that's how I have them hook up my Leg Light-Ups. Very low tech and easy to install.

#1916 4 years ago

Anything I need to do to get live working on 1.16? I enabled Live mode, made sure the BoP was connected to the Internet...and hit the URL in the paperwork Cointaker told me to check. It still gives me the connect your BoP to the Internet screen.

#1917 4 years ago

Finally got my 2.0 "close to 100%" working but I have a couple switches that work in test but not in play. They work easy and do not seem misaligned or anything.

Anyone got any ideas - they seem to the be just the two right side switches behind the right sling shot.

My top pop bumper area sling shot switches do not trigger either - but the coil on the top sling sling shot works. I am hoping to adjust the switches....

Any other ideas?

#1918 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Finally got my 2.0 "close to 100%" working but I have a couple switches that work in test but not in play. They work easy and do not seem misaligned or anything.
Anyone got any ideas - they seem to the be just the two right side switches behind the right sling shot.
My top pop bumper area sling shot switches do not trigger either - but the coil on the top sling sling shot works. I am hoping to adjust the switches....
Any other ideas?

Did you test with a ball, or your finger? Your finger can push them down further. Try a ball.

#1919 4 years ago

She's alive!

IMG_5679 (resized).JPG

#1921 4 years ago

Anyone seen this before?

IMG_7540 (resized).JPG

#1922 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone seen this before?

Likely caused by an issue with the SSD in the PC in the backbox. You might have some luck checking the disk, or letting it try a repair...

#1923 4 years ago

Also, make sure you didn't leave a USB memory stick or external drive plugged into the PC. That could cause this too.

#1924 4 years ago

Ok. How do I "click" to repair?

#1925 4 years ago

From a Windows 7 boot disc like it's instructing. You can remove the LCD from the speaker panel to see the whole screen. I would pull the PC and its power supply out of the backbox and hook up to a monitor or TV and work on it that way. The problem is PC related, nothing to do with any of the other game hardware. Once you get the PC booting correctly you can put it back on the pin.

#1926 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Ok. How do I "click" to repair?

You'll need to plug a USB keyboard (and maybe a mouse, I have a combo device).

For the display, you'll need to do one of two things. Either remove the display screen from the speaker panel, or unplug the display from the PC and plug in an external monitor. This way you'll see the parts of the screen obscured by the speaker panel. Then you can restart the PC (you might be able to do this without restarting, it shouldn't matter).

At that point, you should see the repair options. If repairing isn't possible booting from the drive, your next move would be to create a repair boot drive (like a USB stick with repair software) and then run that.

Some folks here have posted the process of backing up an restoring the SSD. It's somewhat a similar process if you are repairing from a USB stick.

#1927 4 years ago

I had this a couple of times, when windows wasn't shut down properly. It sucks asyou'd need a keyboard, and be quite fast to hit F8 and select boot normally... (at least this was my error on a batch1 machine)

I never remember where to look, but you can surpress the F8-message in windows boot options somewhere... let me have a look...

Can't double check right now, but this sounds good:
Start - type in Search box -> MSCONFIG find at top of list - Right Click on - RUN AS ADMIN
In MSCONFIG - Boot tab - Boot Options - uncheck SAFE BOOT = APPLY / OK

That's a quote, sorry for the caps

#1928 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone seen this before?

Yes, I had this a few times. Eventually, it DIDN'T WORK anymore and my system was CRASHED! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE follow my YouTube video and make a backup of your system ASAP! You don't want to be without a backup. The link is in a post in this thread.

#1929 4 years ago

Is anyone interested in a tutorial/PDF/instructions kinda thing on how to add a Lightshow (backboard) and shaker Arduino based mod to BoP2.0? If so, I will document my build and share it here. Costs for parts is around $120 (ymmv, depending what you already have around and what sources you have).

Goals are:
LEDs ws2812b, fading blue to violet and back, plus some light show depending where the ball hits switches (just like Rudy following the ball), shakermotor driven by the flashers and head motor.

Should be easy to build... and if I can do it, everyone can

#1930 4 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Is anyone interested in a tutorial/PDF/instructions kinda thing on how to add a Lightshow (backboard) and shaker Arduino based mod to BoP2.0? If so, I will document my build and share it here. Costs for parts is around $120 (ymmv, depending what you already have around and what sources you have).
Goals are:
LEDs ws2812b, fading blue to violet and back, plus some light show depending where the ball hits switches (just like Rudy following the ball), shakermotor driven by the flashers and head motor.

YES! I would be very interested

#1932 4 years ago

Me three! Sounds like a sweet mod.

#1933 4 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Goals are:

Sounds like video is required

#1934 4 years ago

Interesting... Now if DP would release 1.17!

#1935 4 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I had this a couple of times, when windows wasn't shut down properly. It sucks asyou'd need a keyboard, and be quite fast to hit F8 and select boot normally... (at least this was my error on a batch1 machine)
I never remember where to look, but you can surpress the F8-message in windows boot options somewhere... let me have a look...
Can't double check right now, but this sounds good:
Start - type in Search box -> MSCONFIG find at top of list - Right Click on - RUN AS ADMIN
In MSCONFIG - Boot tab - Boot Options - uncheck SAFE BOOT = APPLY / OK
That's a quote, sorry for the caps

settings are also in the system properties. Right click on computer, select properties. Select 'advanced system properties' and in the 'advanced' tab, and under 'startup and recovery' click settings..

#1936 4 years ago

oh... someone was even faster (by a year) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinduino-v03-interactive-control-of-leds#post-3071696

Unfortunately his store is down, so I don't know if a DIY build would be any cheaper, but I will do it by myself nevertheless, just for the fun of it -- I started with this kit (which has almost all parts I'd need):

amazon.com link »

and this LED strip:

amazon.com link »

#1937 4 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

oh... someone was even faster (by a year) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinduino-v03-interactive-control-of-leds#post-3071696
Unfortunately his store is down, so I don't know if a DIY build would be any cheaper, but I will do it by myself nevertheless, just for the fun of it -- I started with this kit (which has almost all parts I'd need):
amazon.com link »
and this LED strip:
amazon.com link »

I'm currently out of addressable LEDs (Chinese new year delayed shipments for a couple of weeks), but hope to have the store open again soon. A WPC DIY Pinduino kit is $35 (just PM me if you want one -- I have the parts in stock), you supply the LEDs, and all the code is open source so you can do things like add support for a shaker, etc. There is also a version of the pinduino (v0.2) that is designed for a lot more expansion and uses an Arduino Mega. The board files (EAGLE) are open source as well as a dump of files required to get them manufactured from SEEED Studio: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/board_files

I'm happy to help anyone interested in building everything from scratch.

#1938 4 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

A WPC DIY Pinduino kit is $35

damn! That's a nice price! I spent like 3-times that budget already Say, do you plug into the switch matrix directly? Like the german guy "BigLebowski" with his pinballshield (also not in stock anymore)

#1940 4 years ago

Stunning!

#1941 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm STILL running 1.09 software, and I'm finally trying to update. Apparently 1.09 did not have wifi update added yet, so I'm trying to install via USB. I follow the instructions on DP site, but nothing happens when I go to USB Update.
I downloaded a zip straight from one of their links without unzipping or putting in a sub-folder. If I go into windows on the BoP computer, Windows recognizes the zip file on the USB.
What am I doing wrong?

Try a lower number upgrade first. I think there was a a major upgrade you need to go to first then you can upgrade to current from there.

#1942 4 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Goals are:

I'd be glad to do a video if we can get together on how to make it.

#1943 4 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Try a lower number upgrade first. I think there was a a major upgrade you need to go to first then you can upgrade to current from there.

Thanks, I actually figured it out. I found an old post on DP's site that said you needed to have the USB connected before the game powered up for version 1.09 and older, which I had. This solved the issue and I'm currently up to date.

#1944 4 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Goals are:

How would this compare to the Pinduino out there for BoP? I have been debating on that setup. I like the chase lights up the ramp, but didn't really like the full multicolor (your idea of blue and purple was what I was thinking). I also can't tell from the video when/why the chase lights went up the ramp. Were they at times when you are supposed to shoot the ramp? That would make sense, but I think they do that at non-related times. I'd be very interested in your ideas on game related lights, and a shaker is always cool.

#1945 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

How would this compare to the Pinduino out there for BoP? I have been debating on that setup. I like the chase lights up the ramp, but didn't really like the full multicolor (your idea of blue and purple was what I was thinking). I also can't tell from the video when/why the chase lights went up the ramp. Were they at times when you are supposed to shoot the ramp? That would make sense, but I think they do that at non-related times. I'd be very interested in your ideas on game related lights, and a shaker is always cool.

I have it right now, and the setup/code is configurable if you want to change these things. I haven't had time to customize it. It lights when something goes up the ramp, but it also lights at other times (attract, other modes, etc.). Basically, the same as Pinduino works with any setup, you just have to decide what triggers you care about.

#1946 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I have it right now, and the setup/code is configurable if you want to change these things. I haven't had time to customize it. It lights when something goes up the ramp, but it also lights at other times (attract, other modes, etc.). Basically, the same as Pinduino works with any setup, you just have to decide what triggers you care about.

Can an insert light be a trigger? I would thing the shuttle insert at the entrance to the ramp would make sense.

#1947 4 years ago

when I get a big wheel challenge say planet python, and have two balls locked then accidentally shoot shuttle ramp starts multibal and cancels out the big wheel challenge. would be cool if it only paused the big wheel challenge or stacked the mode.... I think I read somewhere that the code is to be final if so it would be a shame cause I think there is still lots of polishing to do

#1948 4 years ago

I believe that's in next update

#1949 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I believe that's in next update

So there is another update?

#1950 4 years ago

What version are you on?

Here's the log for 1.17 Beta
http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=137

There are 2,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 55.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside