IMG_4083 (resized).JPG
IMG_4081 (resized).JPG
fullsizeoutput_5282 (resized).jpeg
231E1676-14F3-40FE-9F90-3403AC7C986F (resized).png
IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
bop_cabinet_complete_7 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2718 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 55.
#1851 4 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

Looks good Eric. Different, but good. Doesn't seem like the lights fire when the ball goes up the shuttle ramp, more just firing randomly. Pinduino definitely adds to the game though, and I love it!
On another note, whats up with the helmet lights? I think someone said before that they look like they are just freaking out. I hadn't noticed that before, but they were right! I hope that is something controllable in the 2.0 programming and they will fix the code. Just look like a whole bunch of random flashers right now.
Still waiting on my 2.0 kit. Nothing from CT since they told me they would be getting a hold of me soon to pay the rest of my money--a month ago....

Thanks! The ramp is being triggered for the short blue pulse when the shuttle insert flasher fires, which happens frequently when to get the shuttle out of the hanger (then start opening bay doors for locks by shooting the heart ramp).

Yeah -- my helmet lights look like shit. I haven't had time to play with the bulbs yet, but the ones I have in there are non ghosting, which may be part of the problem. There was some chatter about replacing transistors on the helmet light board as the old ones weren't being triggered fast enough, but that doesn't jive with my understanding of transistors (but what do I know.) I haven't had time to really dig into it, but will report back if I figure anything out.

#1852 4 years ago

Anyone still have a working swapped out display assembly for a BOP 1.0 that you'd like to sell?

#1853 4 years ago

My SSD drive in my BOP 2.0 died. I'm back up because of a great friend of mine. I'd suggest that every owner back up their BOP2 SSD. I posted all of the details on the Dutch Pinball Forum: http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=125

Don't wait like I did and find yourself without any options.

#1854 4 years ago

Saw your post of the forum on DP and here on pinside - can you provide more details on how to back it up?

#1855 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Saw your post of the forum on DP and here on pinside - can you provide more details on how to back it up?

It was requested that a YouTube video be made on the DP forum and I can do that (I have a history of making such videos) so I'm thinking of showing the process of backing it up and then restoring to a new drive as proof that it works. I bought a new SSD drive yesterday because the one I used for the emergency was pretty old. I'm sure it'll be fine for a while but who knows how long?

Let me see if I can get it started tonight.

#1856 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I'll give you a short list in the mean time.

1) Buy a USB thumb drive (or use one you have) that is 1MB in size or more, and an External hard drive that connects with a single USB cable (I use WD "My Passport") of any size over 60GB (most are 1-3TB).

2) Google "Clonezilla Live" and download it from the official site. There is also instructions on downloading a utility to put Clonezilla Live on the USB drive. Get that and follow the instructions to make a bootable USB thumb drive with Clonezilla Live on it.

3) With your game off and power connected to your game's computer, boot the computer with the thumb drive attached. You'll need a keyboard attached (mouse optional). You should probably unscrew the monitor from the frame as well. If it boots into Clonezilla Live, simply follow the prompts to backup the drive. It will tell you to plug in your external drive at some point in the process and the "home partition" should point to the external drive. There are instructions on the Clonezilla Live site to help you through.

4) If it boots to the BOP software, you'll have to update the BIOS in the computer to allow it to boot to the USB. I didn't do mine this way (YET) so I don't have info on what it takes. I will cover it in the video.

5) Allow Clonezilla to shutdown the computer at the end and disconnect the external drive and thumb drive. Put it back together and away you go.

#1857 4 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I FINALLY received my kit. However, I am a bit pissed about the whole ordeal.
<RANT>
What a ridiculous wait and incredibly poor communication from CoinTaker. I placed the order in early May told they would ship in two weeks. I told them that i understand that such things can have delays and I'd be happy if I could get it sometime in summer (I was thinking July). They laughed and said no problem, and I gave my cc number for a deposit. A month goes by, no communication, so I send an email to see how things are looking
--No response.--
I wait couple of weeks, call and leave a message. After a couple of days they call back and leave a message that they are two weeks out from shipping. Cool, I think. I can wait. So I wait another month, hear nothing, and send another email.
--No response.--
I wait a week, send another email, and get a response that it is two weeks. Wait another two months hearing nothing. So I send another email.
--No response.--
After another month, I see here that they are shipping and send an email that I heard on pinside that they are shipping. I get a response back a day later and that to please pay them the remainder that is due. I ask for an invoice through PayPal and receive it a day later. I pay and am told it will ship that week. The next week I get an email saying that it shipped. I asked for a tracking number and...
--No response.--
A week goes by and they send me an email with a wifi passcode. I email thanks and again ask for a tracking number, which I get later that day.
A few more days go by and the packages arrive.
I have heard from many people here how absolutely awesome CoinTaker is, but chatting with some folks privately, CoinTaker's lack of organization and communication is something that other people have experienced. While I understand that it is a mom and pop shop, completely ignoring your customers repeatedly on a purchase of a couple of thousand dollars seems like a pretty poor way to run your business. And I am not overly impatient about such things. I mean, I waited several weeks to months between contacting them and every email I sent was short and polite.
</RANT>
Now, I am really hoping that this kit holds up to some of the hype. However, I did purchase it without having played a BoP 2.0 so if I am disappointed, I have no one to blame but myself. Also, I've been really interested in getting a P-ROC system to see how they work and are configured, so at least, it is a good learning experience. For anyone curious, I have done a teardown of the kit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGI5yhQ8mP3CvvZBRU9gfJ2Lu_7IBL2iDl-Ul_2es4g/edit?usp=sharing. It is still a work in progress.

I've been trying to get this kit for over a year and haven't received mine! I was told I was locked into the second batch on October last year and needed no down payment than everybody got their kits and I got nothing. Contacted CoinTaker and they requested $500 to lock into the third batch. Figured what the hell and sent my down payment March 1st. I still have no kit and people who locked in after me do! I'm a easy going person but I'm royally chapped! I contacted them November 2nd and told it expect a final invoice the next day and it'd ship that week. 20 days later no invoice no nothing. This place is the worst. I never complain about things and usually let things slid but this is ridiculous.

#1858 4 years ago
Quoted from waynestatemac:

I've been trying to get this kit for over a year and haven't received mine! I was told I was locked into the second batch on October last year and needed no down payment than everybody got their kits and I got nothing. Contacted CoinTaker and they requested $500 to lock into the third batch. Figured what the hell and sent my down payment March 1st. I still have no kit and people who locked in after me do! I'm a easy going person but I'm royally chapped! I contacted them November 2nd and told it expect a final invoice the next day and it'd ship that week. 20 days later no invoice no nothing. This place is the worst. I never complain about things and usually let things slid but this is ridiculous.

Wow. That is the worst story I've heard (and I have heard several) about CT jerking people around with their orders.

#1859 4 years ago

You asked for it, You got it! Backing up (and restoring) your BOP 2.0 Hard Disk (SSD). Feel free to comment.

#1860 4 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

You asked for it, You got it! Backing up (and restoring) your BOP 2.0 Hard Disk (SSD). Feel free to comment.
» YouTube video

Super impressed, Al. That's a great video. We could of used your patient how-to skills on Revision3 back in the day. Also, just curious, can you think of any way to do this somehow with an external screen or remote screen somehow, without removing it?

#1861 4 years ago

It would be nice if the computer had a VNC client already installed. Then you could basically use another computer with VNC to log into the computer's IP address. But you'd have to get the network set up on the game's computer, first.

#1862 4 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

It would be nice if the computer had a VNC client already installed. Then you could basically use another computer with VNC to log into the computer's IP address. But you'd have to get the network set up on the game's computer, first.

I'm fine jumping through hoops on initial install. I'll probably install VNC on the system beforehand, I'm sure it's not too difficult. The challenge is that with things like backups as awarner describes is that you need access to the BIOS screen on bootup. I've done that with serial consoles, but no way that I know of doing that over a network (without a remote serial console device). This is why I mention the external screen; Sometimes you can get a PC to boot up and light up another screen instead (maybe just unplug the existing one and plug in a USB or other powered one).

#1863 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I'm fine jumping through hoops on initial install. I'll probably install VNC on the system beforehand, I'm sure it's not too difficult. The challenge is that with things like backups as awarner describes is that you need access to the BIOS screen on bootup. I've done that with serial consoles, but no way that I know of doing that over a network (without a remote serial console device). This is why I mention the external screen; Sometimes you can get a PC to boot up and light up another screen instead (maybe just unplug the existing one and plug in a USB or other powered one).

Any HDMI monitor will plug into the computer so that's not a problem. It's only 4 1/4" screws for the existing monitor to come out and really you only NEED one backup copy. You might have noticed that I accidentally pulled the HDMI cable when I unplugged the USB cables but it's plugged back in for the closeup. The magic of Hollywood!

#1864 4 years ago

I didn't have to do this, but since I'm changing the front decal anyway, I'm doing some light body work:
IMG_9083 (resized).JPG

Added over 5 years ago: This was because I used a Whitewater cabinet. Still, I think I'll feel better knowing the hole is plugged. A little body filler and some sanding and a new decal and Sweeet!

#1865 4 years ago

Update: Sorry, I realize this is late and should have come much sooner.

We are shipping kits weekly.
All kits are built, just waiting on lcd displays. Balance of kits should ship out very soon.
If anyone has any additional questions, please feel free to call me at 570-847-9595.

Melissa

#1866 4 years ago

I got some work done on my game this past weekend. I finished moving the shooter hole. I had to move it because I used a Whitewater cabinet. Pay no attention to the 12" speaker sitting there. It has nothing to do with the missing coin door.

IMG_9093 (resized).JPG

IMG_9096 (resized).JPG

I also got rid of some wire clutter by re-pinning the power jumper and removing the connectors that don't plug into anything anymore. I Also attached the black tubes that ride up when the head is lowered.

IMG_9098 (resized).JPG

IMG_9097 (resized).JPG

#1868 4 years ago

I asked Robin to remove the Poll from this thread. It didn't matter anymore. Thanks for reading...

#1869 4 years ago

anyone know of any updates for the release of 1.17 ? nothing new on the DP forum.

#1870 4 years ago

Does anyone have the new BoP 2.0 translight Mayuh was working on?

#1871 4 years ago

Sorry to be a killjoy. I know it's impossible to delete anything that was once shared on the internet. Yet I was contacted several times now from both IP/copyright holders.
Guys, may I ask you to please stop spreading my fanboy-artwork-rework... I don't want to cause anymore bad blood than I already have. My only intention was to make the beautiful bop2.0 software to work in a nicely designed cab.
Pinball is such a niche market, I'd prefer rather not to provoke any anger from anyone...

Thanks for understanding.

#1872 4 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Sorry to be a killjoy. I know it's impossible to delete anything that was once shared on the internet. Yet I was contacted several times now from both IP/copyright holders.
Guys, may I ask you to please stop spreading my fanboy-artwork-rework... I don't want to cause anymore bad blood than I already have. My only intention was to make the beautiful bop2.0 software to work in a nicely designed cab.
Pinball is such a niche market, I'd prefer rather not to provoke any anger from anyone...

Was there any discussion about licensing the art and have PPS or one of their licensees make and sell the decals?

#1873 4 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

To bad we can not get the Copyright holders to want to do some sales on the custom art. Seams like several of us would like to make our BOP2.0 a top notch looking machine. Maybe we could all work together with the copyright owners to do something special for the 2.0 where they see a piece of the pie too?

#1874 4 years ago

Guess I'm missing the boat. It wasn't a copy, seemed like original art. Does the copyright cover absolutely any/all variations of the original art?

#1875 4 years ago

Is there anywhere I can read current code play rules?

#1876 4 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Is there anywhere I can read current code play rules?

As far as I know, only the flowchart: http://www.dutchpinball.com/files/PDF/BoP2.0_Rules_Logic_Diagram.pdf

Merry Christmas!

#1877 4 years ago

Merry Christmas to me!! It's finally here...

Bop 2.0 CT (resized).jpg

#1878 4 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

Long wait! Hope you love it.

#1879 4 years ago

thank you

#1880 4 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

Congrats! Send some pics when you get it installed and be sure to check that all of your playfield switches are working properly. That's REALLY Important!

Merry Christmas!

#1881 4 years ago

I've read though the 2.0 install manual, seems like a simple enough install and appears to be reversible if someone were so inclined. Aside from checking playfield switches, any other tips I should know about before 2.0'ing a BOP?

#1882 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I've read though the 2.0 install manual, seems like a simple enough install and appears to be reversible if someone were so inclined. Aside from checking playfield switches, any other tips I should know about before 2.0'ing a BOP?

Pay attention to how to wire in the PRoc. It's easy to get it wrong on one of the connectors. Otherwise, the switches are really the only thing you really need to be sure of. And be sure to test the switches with a ball, not your finger. Your finger can press them further than a ball will. I know it's obvious, but it will alleviate a lot of frustration. Also, don't worry about mounting the amp and making all of the wiring pretty at first. Just get it playing and do that stuff later.

#1883 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Not really, I installed mine in about an hour I think the day after mine arrived. Mine was in the second batch, there is some good advice on the DP forum for fixes if you have boot up or rebooting problems, I did the two fixes. Those issues may have been resolved by the new kits.

#1884 4 years ago

Thanks for the tips! I took the SSD out of the PC and am making a backup image now, I'll probably install the kit tomorrow and get it playing.

#1885 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Thanks for the tips! I took the SSD out of the PC and am making a backup image now, I'll probably install the kit tomorrow and get it playing.

I can't upvote this post enough!

#1886 4 years ago

Hey guys got my kit last week and finally installed it last night. I had several issues with the kit. If you just received a kit you will probably have the same first 2 issues as I was told it's a new display that's being used in the recently released kit.

1. When the 2.0 version of the game starts up the DMD size was wrong, however Dutch/Cointaker did supply a sheet of paper which I told the adjustments but not where to input them. Took me awhile but i finally figured out I to open the game adjustments menus and do the appropriate fixes in there. At first I was thinking I had to do something in windows.

2. When I start the original version of the game the DMD size is wrong and the sound way to loud compared to when I start the 2.0 version of the game. I tried using the lower volume switch in the menus but it didn't make much difference. I'm going to hook up a mouse and keyboard and see if I can adjust the DMD size with that like I can do with my computer for visual pinball. If that don't work I'll have to look further.

3. One of my speakers was not working. Found the crimped on quick disconnect wasn't crimped well and wasn't making contact. Re-crimped it and now it works.

I really like the update and big ups to Dutch for providing us with the mod for our games! Hopefully I'll have some time tonight to try to fix up the sound and dmd issues I'm having when I try to run the original version roms.

#1887 4 years ago

Hey guys got my kit last week and finally installed it last night. I had several issues with the kit. If you just received a kit you will probably have the same first 2 issues as I was told it's a new display that's being used in the recently released kit.

I have a batch from the same Cointaker kits, and my DMD screen just wasn't aligned and didn't see the menu options in the 2.0 menu until after I had already remounted the panel... so yeah, that's what I ended up doing is just moving the panel and they both work. This corrected alignment of both original and 2.0, but I may try the menu adjustment settings and move it back to the original holes.

As for volume of the emulated original game, you can go into settings and allow min vol override, and then you can adjust it lower, that helped some for me.

Also the password provided for the live URL wasn't working, Dutch Pinball support had to reset it for me.

#1888 4 years ago

My kit was from the second Dutch Pinball batch and I definitely had to do some adjustment settings to get the DMD aligned right, I feel like I knew that going in, like it was on their website or in the info. USB mouse and keyboard are necessary for adjustments, but they are pretty easy to do. And you can set it up on your WiFi at the same time and do any other settings changes, as well as update your version once it's on WiFi.

#1889 4 years ago

[SOLVED, see next post]

Posting a question here as well as on the non-2.0 as I'm having a bit of a riddle.

My head assembly homes to the wrong face. When I received the machine last year, before restoring it, it was having this problem so I knew I'd have to address it once it was finished, which is pretty close to where I am now.

I've checked switch 67, and it's closed appropriately when not on an indentation in the assembly and open when on an indentation (and it properly closes in between indentations). This was wired backwards when I got it (open vs. closed) and I switched this as part of this troubleshooting, unfortunately to no avail.

What adds more confusion to the riddle is that there seems to be a discrepancy between what the manual *says* the face orientation should be on the assembly versus what is actually possible. As you can see from this photo:

head_view (resized).jpg

The orientation of where the depressions are on the back face of the assembly and how they relate to the mounting holes isn't something you can change. You can only mount the mouth face on the side in the photo marked "marking hole," because the screws are on opposite corners from the other faces. However, if you look at the manual here:

Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 8.52.59 PM (resized).png

It clearly shows the mouth (face assembly 1) on the center depression, which is impossible.

Has anyone had any issues getting the head to home properly to the correct face like this? I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

#1890 4 years ago

I solved this problem. See what I did here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-clubnon-20/page/25#post-3525288

Essentially, I had three, separate problems and all needed to be fixed. Switch wiring was incorrect (as the manual is incorrect on the NC/NO orientation), Faces were incorrect (as the manual is incorrect on the orientation of the faces in respect to the depressions on the assembly), and the switch relay had cold solder joints.

1 week later
#1891 4 years ago

Guys this is what I'm facing with the 3rd batch with the new display that my kit had. The Dutch version looks perfect but when I run the Williams version the DMD is screwy and not the right scale and shifted. I should also note I let the Dutch game take the update and it does this on all 3 rom versions of the game.

Included in my instructions was to change the settings in the dutch game to...
Display Scale 10X
Vertical and Horizontal Settings both AT 50%
Window Border at 0 Pixels

bop williams (resized).jpg
bop dutch (resized).jpg

#1892 4 years ago

I got that sheet that said change those settings but ignored it... (maybe they were already set, I dunno. The only issue I had with the default settings was both displays were high and cut off at the top. I remounted the panel lower and it's been great, of course after I had remounted it I then found the alignment options in the BOP 2.0 settings menu. Also, the settings on that printout are meant to be changed inside the display panel menu (buttons on back of display) and/or the BOP 2.0 menu (accessed with the pinball coin door controls). If you changed display settings in Windows itself, that's gonna cause issues.

#1893 4 years ago

Hey there all BoP fans!

Just wanted to let you know there's now a shirt and more available with your favorite bride on!
At the moment Redbubble is offering 20% off everything.
Use code SUPER20 at checkout.

Not allowed to publish direct links so head over to redbubble.com and search for "bride of pinbot"
bop.jpg

#1894 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I got that sheet that said change those settings but ignored it... (maybe they were already set, I dunno. The only issue I had with the default settings was both displays were high and cut off at the top. I remounted the panel lower and it's been great, of course after I had remounted it I then found the alignment options in the BOP 2.0 settings menu. Also, the settings on that printout are meant to be changed inside the display panel menu (buttons on back of display) and/or the BOP 2.0 menu (accessed with the pinball coin door controls). If you changed display settings in Windows itself, that's gonna cause issues.

Yea I did the changes in the BOP 2.0 menu system. It was scaled way to large and no matter if I adjusted the screen it was scaled to big. I tryed using the buttons on the back of the screen but they only let me change brightness, color, and menu opacity. I can't choose any of the settings relating to scale for some reason. They seemed to be locked out. I didn't change any settings within Windows but if you could, could you tell me what resolution your screen is at? I believe mine said it was at 1024×768.

#1895 4 years ago

I just updated to 1.17 last week.

Guys, does anyone else have problems with the lock not releasing the ball after lock1? I have to wait until the second round of ball search to get it back. Also in the latest version, the kicker to the bumpers (after plunge) sometimes does not kick and needs a ball search too.

Could be a coincidence. But two switches getting flakey is very unlikely. The work in both version's switch tests.

#1896 4 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I just updated to 1.17 last week.
Guys, does anyone else have problems with the lock not releasing the ball after lock1? I have to wait until the second round of ball search to get it back. Also in the latest version, the kicker to the bumpers (after plunge) sometimes does not kick and needs a ball search too.
Could be a coincidence. But two switches getting flakey is very unlikely. The work in both version's switch tests.

Running 1.17 and have those issues as well. Also, you may experience a total blackout of lights except controlled occasionally.

#1897 4 years ago

Really hope DP can work out all the bugs soon and release the official version ! No updates on the DP forum.

#1898 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Really hope DP can work out all the bugs soon and release the official version ! No updates on the DP forum.

I was told before expo that they were essentially final on the code.

#1899 4 years ago

I reverted way back for tournament/league play. Everything works awesome

I just noticed, that when you cradle in multiball you'll get to a player profiles managing screen somehow... haha... ok.

well, but you just have to admit and appreciate that we 2.0 owners have the most spectacular and awesome software up/downgrade menu and overall software handling ever. Ever. Click, choose, don't like it? Click again, choose. Not even a reboot or lost scores... *ahemm*sternahemmm

Thanks for the answers!

#1900 4 years ago

Yea I did the changes in the BOP 2.0 menu system. It was scaled way to large and no matter if I adjusted the screen it was scaled to big. I tryed using the buttons on the back of the screen but they only let me change brightness, color, and menu opacity. I can't choose any of the settings relating to scale for some reason. They seemed to be locked out. I didn't change any settings within Windows but if you could, could you tell me what resolution your screen is at? I believe mine said it was at 1024×768.

1920 x 1080 is the default resolution on mine. 3rd batch Cointaker kit with the Gigabyte PC. Here's a picture of the Windows display settings.

IMG_1475 (resized).JPG

There are 2718 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 55.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside