IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png
EFDACD6A-A27D-49B1-99F1-A94B7086313E (resized).jpeg
bop_2_rules (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,142 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 63.
#1601 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Rules:
- If a wheel mode is interupted by a multiball, it will now continue after the
multiball has ended.
- During wheel modes, shooting the scoop (if not lit for a shot) now adds 5
seconds to the remaining mode time. A setting to tweak this time was added:
"Adjustments Menu -> Rules -> Wheel -> Scoop time added".
- The default amount of jackpots needed to complete Multiball 1 has been
reduced to 3. This is still a setting that can be set anywhere from 1 to 10.
- The default amount of PIN*BOT letters that are pre-lit has been raised to 3.
This means videomode is easier to lite the first time. This is still a
setting that can be set anywhere from 0 to 6.
Only a few changes but love them all. To continue wheel mode after multiball is fantastic.

is it live or is it beta?

#1602 7 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

is it live or is it beta?

Beta. "Since you are a Beta tester you receive this update first. Please let us know how it runs, how you like the changes and if you encountered any new bugs so we can fix them before releasing 1.17 to all BoP2.0 owners."

I haven't had a chance to try this one out yet, but the first two were (I believe) suggested by us users and DP listened to us. The last two are also welcome changes as it makes a very challenging game a bit more easier by default, and still adjustable. Well done, DP.

My next new feature suggestion that would work well in TBL and future DP pins is, as stated in another thread last year, "The profiles feature enables some new things as well, such as a 'rematch' option after a game: a quick way to start another game with the same number of players, in the same order, or in a 'winner first' or a 'loser first' order, (or random order) with just a few presses of a button. For those that do not care for this feature, it could be disabled from the menu."

#1603 7 years ago

It would be nice if there was a setting to change the mode difficulties.
i.e. reduce number of bumper hits, increase number of spins, increase/decrease default starting time, etc.
Would also be good if the modes had memory - if you didn't complete them fully within the time limit you picked up again the second time you started them.

#1604 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Any BOP 2.0's out there for sale?
Cash in hand, looking for one

Been considering mine again. Not sure on price though and I could actually use some help from this group on that aspect.

What would everyone feel the value of a fully restored BOP2.0 would be? I've had people tell me $4-$5K tops with others saying closer to $9K when I've spoken to them at tournaments/shows. I think both of those are off. I was thinking around $7.5K but that may even be off. Details of my game can be found here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-restomod/page/3 . While not perfect I still feel it would be hard to find one nicer that isn't a HEP/Keller/McCune, etc restore.

I absolutely LOVE looking at the game and I get pride in seeing it in my gameroom. Problem is that I just don't enjoy it enough in my collection to turn it on as much as I should for the amount of $$$ I have in it. Thinking of using the cash from it for my new car or to put towards a Tron pro or X-men LE and put what's left into my new car.

#1605 7 years ago

I would think an unrestored BoP2 would start at 4k. 7.5 doesn't sound unreasonable for a restored model. But like all collectors pieces it will wait for the right buyer.

Selling it at a show is probably the best option to get top dollar

#1606 7 years ago

Tom sold his BoP2.0 #1 fully restored and pimped... no idea how much he got, but my guess is in the Euro 7k range. At least that's what I would ask for...

#1607 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Been considering mine again. Not sure on price though and I could actually use some help from this group on that aspect.
What would everyone feel the value of a fully restored BOP2.0 would be? I've had people tell me $4-$5K tops with others saying closer to $9K when I've spoken to them at tournaments/shows. I think both of those are off. I was thinking around $7.5K but that may even be off. Details of my game can be found here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-restomod/page/3 . While not perfect I still feel it would be hard to find one nicer that isn't a HEP/Keller/McCune, etc restore.
I absolutely LOVE looking at the game and I get pride in seeing it in my gameroom. Problem is that I just don't enjoy it enough in my collection to turn it on as much as I should for the amount of $$$ I have in it. Thinking of using the cash from it for my new car or to put towards a Tron pro or X-men LE and put what's left into my new car.

Considering I paid 2k for bop,2k for2.0 kit, 800 for repro playfield,new 100 helmet,cab decals (haven't bought yet),new plastics (haven't bought yet),and miscellaneous parts plus all the time to do it, 80 plus hours of my time..just a guess since I haven't done it yet, I would not sell my full restore for less then 10k.but no plans on selling it anyway

#1608 7 years ago

After looking at your pics I think your crazy for selling it.... Looks so clean!

Sooo much blood sweat and beers!
I don't think you will have a hard time selling it @7500 but think you could get more......
If you were selling when I was looking to get 2.0 I would have given you at least the 7500 probably more if you asked for it. But then again I'm a bop fanboy

PLAY ME!! Mmmmmm ok!
Don't know what it is but when she start singing I get soooo pumped up lol

#1609 7 years ago

Dumb question: how do I start a game with 1.0 code?

#1610 7 years ago

Hold the start button and the menu should come up letting you choose game.

#1611 7 years ago

@Wiedeer: if you can charge the working hours you put in when you sell a machine, I just gained 1-2k or even more per machine yes, im looking at you BH and FutureSpa

#1612 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

@Wiedeer: if you can charge the working hours you put in when you sell a machine, I just gained 1-2k or even more per machine yes, im looking at you BH and FutureSpa

Yeah, I discount the time I've put in because it's a hobby. Even then, I'd be lucky to get what I put into my BoP (about $5500 with the base price of the game, 2.0 kit, new playfield, plastics, mech rebuilds, etc.). Good thing I'm keeping it.

I just ordered a new mini playfield. I'm debating whether to get new ramps. I think I'll hold off for now and see what it looks like once I get everything put back together.

#1613 7 years ago

I paid $3K for my game and the kit was ~$2K. I'm doing a new cabinet with new art plus lots of new parts for that cabinet like Chrome rails, hinges and lockdown (done by the fabulous Mike Chestnut). I'd never be able to get my money out of it. I kinda like that because it makes me want to keep it more. I'm also working on a Bally Strikes and Spares that I'll have at least $3K in when I'm done. No SandS is worth that. But it's for me so it's OK.

#1614 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I'm debating whether to get new ramps. I think I'll hold off for now and see what it looks like once I get everything put back together.

Oh you should get them while the gettin is good, no telling when they will be out of stock......just look at the helmet availability.

#1615 7 years ago

Yes nur 1 bop 2.0 is nie in france For

7,5 k

#1616 7 years ago

Haven't seen any comments from beta testers on the DP forum on 1.17. Anything anyone can share? Can't wait for the release!

#1617 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Haven't seen any comments from beta testers on the DP forum on 1.17. Anything anyone can share? Can't wait for the release!

I've found a couple minor bugs so far but I'm digging the update even though it is fairly small. I like being able to add time to modes. I also heard a new Bride call out! More please!

#1618 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I've found a couple minor bugs so far but I'm digging the update even though it is fairly small. I like being able to add time to modes. I also heard a new Bride call out! More please!

More bride call outs would be awesome!

#1620 7 years ago

I heard the new "Welcome Back" callouts as well. Sounds good. I haven't seen any bugs yet, but I may not. I'm taking my machine apart this weekend for some refirbing. I'll post pics!

#1621 7 years ago

one thing I noticed this morning,

when powering on. With the prior code, pushing the start button automatically started 2.0
This morning, after powering up and pushing the start button, it didn't do anything. So I held it in and it made me pick either original game or 2.0. Picked 2.0 and it ran fine. Its fine this way, just something I noticed.

will see if it does it again tonight.

#1622 7 years ago

quick props to Mustang Paul and thanks to my buddy Knockerlover for picking me up a set of these leg lights. Really nice look.

leg_lights_bop_(resized).JPGleg_lights_bop_(resized).JPG

#1623 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

when powering on. With the prior code, pushing the start button automatically started 2.0
This morning, after powering up and pushing the start button, it didn't do anything. So I held it in and it made me pick either original game or 2.0. Picked 2.0 and it ran fine. Its fine this way, just something I noticed.

I noticed the same, when I finally had time to update. I started a 4-player game. Tested the Remove Player feature (hold the Start button pressed) a few times, nice addition. After the game I tried to start another game, but couldn't press the Start button "short enough" to start the game. It would just briefly show the "To game selection / To game launcher" text or whatever. Did that, selected 2.0 and tried again, no luck. Turned off the game and on again, and I was able to start a new game. I tried to reproduce the issue but wasn't able to.

Also, the music was cut out twice in the first 2-3 games. Nothing particular was going on, the first one was during normal play, the other during a mode. All the sound calls worked just fine, just not the music. It restarted for the next ball though. Something like this had happened with early code, but it's been a while.

(The player stats display / Profile Info is a great idea, too. Press the right button after selecting a profile and before launching the ball.)

Another potential glitch that I noticed was that during the multiball I sent one ball to the bumpers and the other to the scoop. I then held both flipper buttons to get the energy bar thingie. When the first ball returned to the flippers, they both went briefly down, making me lose the ball and ending the MB. Could have been a mechanical issue (or my concentration disappearing for a split second), but quite a coincidence and I haven't seen anything similar on my Bride before. I'll see if I'm able to reproduce this - probably not I mention this only to see if anyone else has noticed anything similar.

#1624 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarkko:

Another potential glitch that I noticed was that during the multiball I sent one ball to the bumpers and the other to the scoop. I then held both flipper buttons to get the energy bar thingie. When the first ball returned to the flippers, they both went briefly down, making me lose the ball and ending the MB. Could have been a mechanical issue (or my concentration disappearing for a split second), but quite a coincidence and I haven't seen anything similar on my Bride before. I'll see if I'm able to reproduce this - probably not I mention this only to see if anyone else has noticed anything similar.

mine does this as well with 1.16. i always just thought it was supposed to be like this.

#1625 7 years ago

Yeah, that behavior is not new with the beta.

#1626 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

quick props to Mustang Paul and thanks to my buddy Knockerlover for picking me up a set of these leg lights. Really nice look.

WOW thanks for the prop, that purple looks GREAT on BoP. Now if I may suggest Beatmasters purple shooter housing light up to complete the look.

1 week later
#1627 7 years ago

Anyone heard anything on the 3rd run of kits? Trying to plan my winter projects accordingly. Already making plans to take mine to the Louisville show in March 2017

#1628 7 years ago

Man I really need to play my game more. I've sorta been ignoring it (not sure why), but yesterday fired it up & had a pretty good game on it - and almost made it to the metamorphosis. Man, the build up is so cool - but I blew it. I need to turn her human!!!!

#1629 7 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

Anyone heard anything on the 3rd run of kits? Trying to plan my winter projects accordingly. Already making plans to take mine to the Louisville show in March 2017

I am wondering the same thing..when cointaker was at replay fx, they said it would start delivering in two weeks... Lies all lies I tell you.
Why do companies even speculate.. Seems every date for things always gets pushed back for some reason or another.

I'm ready to do my playfield swap and want to install 2.0 at same time. Looks like I will just do swap then install 2.0 later..

#1630 7 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

I am wondering the same thing..when cointaker was at replay fx, they said it would start delivering in two weeks... Lies all lies I tell you.
Why do companies even speculate.. Seems every date for things always gets pushed back for some reason or another.
I'm ready to do my playfield swap and want to install 2.0 at same time. Looks like I will just do swap then install 2.0 later..

just have patience the 2nd batch took what seemed like forever to get here and i think the 1st batch was even worse. once you get a few games under your belt... youll forget all about the downtime !

#1631 7 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

I actually posted a comment on their Facebook post today. They said they are staging parts. I'm not 100% sure what they mean, but it sounds like they are building the kit boxes right now.

#1632 7 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

I actually posted a comment on their Facebook post today. They said they are staging parts. I'm not 100% sure what they mean, but it sounds like they are building the kit boxes right now.

I can't find any info on their fb page about it let alone the post you made

#1634 7 years ago

I ordered in mid-May with an anticipated 2 week wait. I even said that I wasn't worried if that was optimistic because I understood how these things can take longer than anticipated. But three and a half months is getting a bit excessive for a "two week" wait. Still, I wait and not too worried. Just wish it had arrived at the beginning of summer.

#1635 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I ordered in mid-May with an anticipated 2 week wait. I even said that I wasn't worried if that was optimistic because I understood how these things can take longer than anticipated. But three and a half months is getting a bit excessive for a "two week" wait. Still, I wait and not too worried. Just wish it had arrived at the beginning of summer.

Driving me nuts I was supposed to be in for the 2nd batch back last year in October. Finally got a response in March that the kits were almost done and they needed a $500 deposit which I sent. Crickets ever since besides what others stated before June 7th I was told two more weeks. This is ridiculous!

#1636 7 years ago

I ordered Feb, I was hoping to have it for SFGE this year and was told there should be no problem. It'll come when it comes. I expect i'll forget all about the wait after about five minutes of playing it.

#1637 7 years ago

We waited a long time after the initial deposit for the second round of kits too. I don't see holding up a playfield swap for the kit, the kit installs in under an hour and doesn't touch the playfield.

#1638 7 years ago

I too put my deposit down, on May 7th to be exact. In June I was told "We just got another shipment of parts in today and are only waiting on software and speakers yet so anytime we will begin build out." Its been 2 more months, I would hope they had gotten the parts by now....
Anyway, since then, I have lost the main board on my BOP (acid damage and it affected 1 column of switches). I have heard that 2.0 replaces that board. Can someone confirm that for me? No reason to get a new one if I wont use it with 2.0. The board would probably be an easy fix for someone who works on them since I can see where the damage is on one chip, but dont know if I need to.
IMG_2408 (resized).JPGIMG_2408 (resized).JPG

Added over 8 years ago: *** UPDATE *** The issue ended up being U20 (right below the one circled) and not the chip that had slight acid damage as shown in the picture. Special thanks to Pinsider "Cheddar" for going out of his way to fix it.

#1639 7 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

I too put my deposit down, on May 7th to be exact. In June I was told "We just got another shipment of parts in today and are only waiting on software and speakers yet so anytime we will begin build out." Its been 2 more months, I would hope they had gotten the parts by now....
Anyway, since then, I have lost the main board on my BOP (acid damage and it affected 1 column of switches). I have heard that 2.0 replaces that board. Can someone confirm that for me? No reason to get a new one if I wont use it with 2.0. The board would probably be an easy fix for someone who works on them since I can see where the damage is on one chip, but dont know if I need to.

AFAIK you just need the power board for BOP 2.0. MPU board can be sold / donated to someone.

#1640 7 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

Yes that board get's replaced. I can fix that one for you. I just did another BoP with similar damage. Send me a PM if you want more info.

#1641 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

AFAIK you just need the power board for BOP 2.0. MPU board can be sold / donated to someone.

If you have ANY other WPC-89 games, just keep the boards you pull out. They will come in handy. And yes, you only need your Driver board. The rest are replaced one way or another. I replaced my Driver board with a RottenDog. Now all of my electronics are new.

#1642 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

If you have ANY other WPC-89 games, just keep the boards you pull out. They will come in handy. And yes, you only need your Driver board. The rest are replaced one way or another. I replaced my Driver board with a RottenDog. Now all of my electronics are new.

I've already used some of the boards in other games, I don't know about you, but I like having a couple spare boards for diagnosing problems and quick fixes when I need to get a game running for a party or friends coming over.

#1643 7 years ago

I like to call this "How I spent Labor Day 2016".

This is a Whitewater lower cabinet and I'm adapting it to work with my BOP 2.0. I put a new bottom in it and did bodywork on it to get it looking good. Painted the inner cabinet.
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

I put new ground braid in the cabinet. The head is from Addams Family so I filled two of the holes and left the center one to power the topper. I actually got the electronics in it but I haven't gotten any pictures yet.

I used a template I made to put the T-Nuts in the bottom to hold the transformer.

I got one side of the side art on, it went incredibly smooth. Better pictures when I get the other side and front done.

#1644 7 years ago

I finished the side art last night. It came out great. No new pictures until I get stuff moved around. Unfortunately, I'll be slowing a bit on this. Vacation and a trip to pick up a playfield are getting in the way. I did order some more parts yesterday. I needed a lot more Ground Braid then I bought. I also got some super chromed legs. I had already purchased other chrome parts for it from Mike Chestnut. That is going to make it extra special.

#1645 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I've already used some of the boards in other games, I don't know about you, but I like having a couple spare boards for diagnosing problems and quick fixes when I need to get a game running for a party or friends coming over.

Yup, my Getaway CPU blew up, and thankfully I had the spare BOP one to replace it with!

#1646 7 years ago

My BOP CPU ended up in Doctor Who and was put in during a show! Spare parts rule!

#1647 7 years ago

Where can someone get the new cabinet decal art for BOP 2.0 - what I am seeing looks awesome and I am finishing my 2.0 upgrade I would love do do the cabinet at the same time.

I can pay if necessary the art is great and worth contributing to keep supporting the pinball restoration community.

#1648 7 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Where can someone get the new cabinet decal art for BOP 2.0 - what I am seeing looks awesome and I am finishing my 2.0 upgrade I would love do do the cabinet at the same time.
I can pay if necessary the art is great and worth contributing to keep supporting the pinball restoration community.

These are all custom decals as far as I've read, so perhaps one of the people who made them can offer you a solution.

#1649 7 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Look in past posts for pictures and info.

#1650 7 years ago

...looks like my 2.0 is the last one that wasn't shopped yet. Now I feel the pressure...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.95
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,142 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.