IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png
EFDACD6A-A27D-49B1-99F1-A94B7086313E (resized).jpeg
bop_2_rules (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,148 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 63.
#1501 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

.... some point someone must have rebooted it and I found it in original Bride mode, which apparently didn't have freeplay set up, I had to reboot and select 2.0. Is there a way to do that in the settings without rebooting?

Easy: press the start button for a few secs -> enter selection menu. While in play it returns to the attract mode.

Or even better yet (that's what I show to new people): show them the PC first, say it's running Windows and let the perform a ctrl-alt-delete by left flipper-start-right flipper... Awesome show, I never get tired of it )

#1502 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Easy: press the start button for a few secs -> enter selection menu. While in play it returns to the attract mode.
Or even better yet (that's what I show to new people): show them the PC first, say it's running Windows and let the perform a ctrl-alt-delete by left flipper-start-right flipper... Awesome show, I never get tired of it )

Awesome, I didn't know any of that, I just set it up and started playing. Figured out the online updates and getting my scores online, nothing else. Is there a manual online somewhere?

#1503 7 years ago

Follow up: I played it a lot this morning. I think I needed to put her through her paces. I've neglected her lately. Waiting to install the new playfield... Anyways, the switches worked pretty good. Probably just needs a few adjustments.

#1504 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

2.0 has different tolerance for switch closures somehow. I had trough issues after installing 2.0, but I fiddled with switch adjustment and its almost 100% now.

What did you do? Any pics?

On some games my balls don't get kicked out into shooter lane - only happened since 2.0.

#1505 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

On some games my balls don't get kicked out into shooter lane - only happened since 2.0.

On mine it was adjustments and cleaning contacts. only a few...

I would recommend having your Bride working 100% before installing the 2.0 kit. This way you know the switches, etc work. Then just troubleshoot any switch thats acting up after installing 2.0.

#1506 7 years ago

I had some minor head rotating problems when I first installed my Bride 2.0 kit, it turned out cleaning the switches solved those as well. I'm guessing the problem was there already and somehow got more pronounced with the kit.

#1507 7 years ago

I had this issue but I upped the coil strength for the trough kickout in the menu and hasn't happened since.

#1508 7 years ago

Check out this very informative post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/9#post-2211826

#1509 7 years ago

Just a note that my BOP 2.0 will be at The Southern Fried Gameroom Expo (http://SouthernFriedGameroomExpo.com) this weekend.

It almost didn't make it...

I'm building a new cabinet for it and I was moving some parts over to the new cabinet. I noticed that I wouldn't be able to complete it in time so I moved some parts back to the original cabinet. The Light board in the backbox got wired wrong and it locked on the coil that opens the gate on the ramp for the mini-playfield.

All sorted and the machine is ready to be packed tonight.

See you there!

#1510 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Just a note that my BOP 2.0 will be at The Southern Fried Gameroom Expo (http://SouthernFriedGameroomExpo.com) this weekend.
It almost didn't make it...
I'm building a new cabinet for it and I was moving some parts over to the new cabinet. I noticed that I wouldn't be able to complete it in time so I moved some parts back to the original cabinet. The Light board in the backbox got wired wrong and it locked on the coil that opens the gate on the ramp for the mini-playfield.
All sorted and the machine is ready to be packed tonight.
See you there!

I can almost guarantee you the power cord will come of the lcd display in transport, it hangs downward and the cord weight pulled mine out when I brought it to the Seattle show this past weekend. I had a moment of panic when the display didn't come up before we could figure out what had happened. Just to give you a heads up!

#1511 7 years ago

Put up a pretty decent score last week.
Achieved new Metamorphosis mode...what a rush!!!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1512 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I can almost guarantee you the power cord will come of the lcd display in transport, it hangs downward and the cord weight pulled mine out when I brought it to the Seattle show this past weekend. I had a moment of panic when the display didn't come up before we could figure out what had happened. Just to give you a heads up!

Good Advice! I had the power cable for the computer too tight so it stripped the insulation off of it when I put the head down. I disconnected it and taped it up (after I tested it). So it won't boot until I reconnect it anyway. I'll check the power cord for the monitor then as well. Pics when it's set up.

#1513 7 years ago

Anyone have a clue how soon a kit might become available?

#1514 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Anyone have a clue how soon a kit might become available?

Just under 2 weeks from now, if the schedule Melissa mentioned a month ago holds true.

But AFAIK they're only making pre-orders. No extras. So you need to contact CoinTaker immediately before last orders are taken.

#1515 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Good Advice! I had the power cable for the computer too tight so it stripped the insulation off of it when I put the head down. I disconnected it and taped it up (after I tested it). So it won't boot until I reconnect it anyway. I'll check the power cord for the monitor then as well. Pics when it's set up.

Make sure the tiny screws that attach the P-Roc to the mounting plate are nice and tight. A few of mine worked themselves loose on the way to MGC and I had to go to Ace Hardware to get replacements.

#1516 7 years ago

If anyone is getting a repro playfield and wants to sell let me know, I'm clearly way too late to the game.

#1517 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

If anyone is getting a repro playfield and wants to sell let me know, I'm clearly way too late to the game.

Email Peter he may have some led still

#1519 7 years ago

Question: Did this 2.0 update remove the face spin mechanism? Ive been watching some videos and didnt see the eyes/voice/human mode thing kick in.

#1520 7 years ago

Nope, just new rules. Head turns when you reach multiball 2 and metamorphosis.

#1521 7 years ago

Was wondering if anybody thinks it would be possible to do a mod kinda like cftbl hologram screen on the last two faces in bop? Would be great for 2.0... Obviously you couldn't use eyes and mouth faces cause they have holes but pretty sure you could fit a screen or two on other two and maybe wire them thru a 360 degree rotating switch. Thoughts anybody?

#1522 7 years ago

How should that work? Open the head and you'll see there is literally zero space. And from the player's point of view it wouldn't work anyway.

In short: no!

Get the head 3D printed, LED it up and make a cool topper!

#1523 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

How should that work? Open the head and you'll see there is literally zero space. And from the player's point of view it wouldn't work anyway.
In short: no!
Get the head 3D printed, LED it up and make a cool topper!

Was thinking that there is lcd screens the same size ish as the face panels. kinda like the screens in head rests of cars find the thinnest profile one take the screen out of the plastic frame and replace face panel with it ? idk the actual dementions of the face panels and am not by my machine to measure it but I think it could work

#1524 7 years ago

So the screen would spin with box and wire it or them thru a spinning connector I have no idea sounds cool tho..imagine after you fill eyes it flips to screen with animation of face eyes opening then it flips to another screen and a metamorphosis animation lots of room for shot animations

#1525 7 years ago

...though it sounds awesome, it sadly just won't work

#1526 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

...though it sounds awesome, it sadly just won't work

Bummer would be cool

1 week later
#1527 7 years ago

Guys, could you help me decide, which one I should install in my machine?

I personally favorite the non shuttle one...

InstalledBoP2.0_TransliteV1.0_(resized).jpgInstalledBoP2.0_TransliteV1.0_(resized).jpg
InstalledBoP2.0_TransliteV1.1_(resized).jpgInstalledBoP2.0_TransliteV1.1_(resized).jpg
InstalledBoP2.0_TransliteV1.5_(resized).jpgInstalledBoP2.0_TransliteV1.5_(resized).jpg

Resize_of_BoP2.0_TransliteV1.0_(resized).jpgResize_of_BoP2.0_TransliteV1.0_(resized).jpg
Resize_of_BoP2.0_TransliteV1.1_(resized).jpgResize_of_BoP2.0_TransliteV1.1_(resized).jpg
Resize_of_BoP2.0_TransliteV1.5_(resized).jpgResize_of_BoP2.0_TransliteV1.5_(resized).jpg

#1528 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Guys, could you help me decide, which one I should install in my machine?
I personally favorite the non shuttle one...

I like the 2nd one. It's more busy, but I like that!

#1529 7 years ago

I like the last one

Are you open to ideas for maybe some changes?

#1530 7 years ago

Sure, go ahead! I'd like the pinbot in the corner right for instance

Be open! I can take that!

#1531 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Sure, go ahead! I'd like the pinbot in the corner right for instance
Be open! I can take that!

Can I suggest to bring back the space men and vehicles as in the original, move the Williams / DP logos to the bottom right, add the shuttle taking off as in your decals above that and not even having pinbot in the design.

That's just my opinion and I'm sure whatever you come up with will be awesome!

#1532 7 years ago

Hmmm, well... The (extremely short) story of the original Bride 1.0 is that she is being build right now, while in 2.0 she is running out of energy and you have to recharge her in multiball 2. Ending in metamorphosis after delivering the 3 balls.

I'll give the shuttle idea a shot, und pinbot is basically just an annoying rectangular shape - right

#1533 7 years ago

Gonna change my mind and say I like the 5 th one the most. Can't wait to see the final decision!

#1534 7 years ago

This one is my favorite (until you slap me hard)

My thoughts on this one were: ok, she's done, pinbot sending her new energy... Go for it, girl!

#1535 7 years ago

Sign me up for the one you just posted...

#1536 7 years ago

Pinbot looks washed out... Other than that... Looks great!

#1537 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

My thoughts on this one were: ok, she's done, pinbot sending her new energy... Go for it, girl!

How does all the art line up with the bulbs on the board?

#1538 7 years ago

Looking at a BoP next week. What is the supply like for the 2.0 kit? I think cointaker still had some. Are they almost sold out? Not sure how soon I will have the funds to get it.

#1539 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Pinbot looks washed out... Other than that... Looks great!

That would be my feedback, too. Perhaps mirrored bottom area (particularly empty middle) would benefit from partial transparency (seeing some of the nebulae behind), or reflection of the nebulae.

Otherwise, this fits far better with the new theme and your decals.

P.S. Not sure if you want to add the main designers' names for original and 2.0 machine in small subscript?

#1540 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I think this one is perfect! I wouldn't add the designers to the translite. They should be on the "Free Play Card" at the bottom. Just my opinion.

#1541 7 years ago

I was just printing one and installed it... Looks gorgeous. But I need something for the shuttle flasher on the left in the now planet area. Everything else is aligned pretty nice.

Also needs better printing, blue is washed out it was only a draft, to see what will happen...

#1542 7 years ago

Re-adjusted a few objects to match the backbox GI and - most important the flashers. Added planet Pythonia.

I'd need LEDs for the backbox now, and a few shouldn't be installed either [left to her hand, under her knee]

re-adjusted_(resized).jpgre-adjusted_(resized).jpg

#1543 7 years ago

ori_(resized).jpgori_(resized).jpg

#1544 7 years ago

another thing to consider....replace the stock bulbs with led strips using the stock socket.

I will take a picture tonight of the strips in my back box. I think I replaced 6 of the sockets with strips that I could position anywhere on the back box.

#1545 7 years ago

I may have said this before, but Python told a good friend of mine that when he died, he was going to Planet Pythonia. When I saw DP had called it Planet Python I asked them to change it and they did. I'm sure he's there now with "The Bride" drinking a cocktail. I know of two other references to Python IN a game. He's the Pinball Python on the backglass of Bad Cats and Pythos on a drop target in Big Bang Bar. Still miss him.

#1546 7 years ago

He's on this design too...

#1547 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

He's on this design too...

All I can say is Thank You! It means a lot to me!

My only regret will be that my existing Translite is signed by Python and John Trudeau. Python was in a bad mood the day when he signed it. Probably because I sent it with a friend to get signed and I didn't go myself. I think he called me an ass on it. I like it; It's genuine Python. I'll get it in a light box and hang it on the wall after I get a new one in there.

#1548 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Just under 2 weeks from now, if the schedule Melissa mentioned a month ago holds true.
But AFAIK they're only making pre-orders. No extras. So you need to contact CoinTaker immediately before last orders are taken.

Hey ducks, have you heard any update on the release lately?

#1549 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Re-adjusted a few objects to match the backbox GI and - most important the flashers. Added planet Pythonia.
I'd need LEDs for the backbox now, and a few shouldn't be installed either [left to her hand, under her knee]

any updates to report ?

#1550 7 years ago

Yep, I'm done I'll get the translite printed again to double check on colors. Desaturated the bride a little, as she was too blue, and shifted a few colors on the planet and its streaks... Changed a few objects to better match to decals' style. I'll post the result asap... Need to sleep over it again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 9.99
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 27.95
$ 40.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,148 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.