IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 64.
#1451 8 years ago

It's meant to be very challenging from everything I've heard and read. If people want to add balls etc it's up to them.

As someone with a kit on order, I'd rather they preserve the difficulty but add more features and depth.

#1452 8 years ago

I agree...its a tough game....

I adjusted my heartbeat ramp (entrance) where its as smooth as possible. if you can't hit that heatbeat ramp with consistency you are doomed.

#1453 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I definitely find the gameplay extremely hard, I've been thinking about a flipper rebuild to make the ramp shot to multiball easier, but my flippers are already giving me too many air balls. I log in online sometimes and look at people's scores and I totally don't get how low mine are in comparison. Although people told me my Bride was pretty brutal when I've brought it to past shows, so I think there are adjustments to be made. But I'd like to see slightly easier code to if we're voting

You touched on it. Setting on BOP can make a pretty big difference in how the game plays. Opening/closing the outlanes changes things a lot but so does the pitch of the game.

Quoted from rubberducks:

It's meant to be very challenging from everything I've heard and read. If people want to add balls etc it's up to them.
As someone with a kit on order, I'd rather they preserve the difficulty but add more features and depth.

It really needs to be a setting that allows you to stack a mode in with MB. That's actually pretty frustrating to get into a Mode and to lose all progress (and not be able to restart it) because you started MB.

You'll also find, this game doesn't really need any more debth to it. I'd almost bet that 95% of owners will never see everything the game has to offer unless that increase the number of balls and set the game up pretty easy.

#1454 8 years ago

A hard game will help to develop your skills and help you become a better player overall, so I welcome the difficulty.

1 week later
#1455 7 years ago

Prior to installing BoP 2.0 kit the button worked just fine.

Now it does not work, even in diags it does not register.

Any suggestions?

#1456 7 years ago

FYI there will be 2 BoP2s at Pin-a-Go-Go next weekend in Dixon Ca. While there you can also enjoy Ghostbusters, Full Throttle, the Hobbit, Lexy Lightspeed, CCC , DMoS and 200+ more.

#1457 7 years ago

I just picked up a BOP 2.0 kit for my lovely BOP (Thanks Jetzxi). Looking forward to getting it installed.

Now that everyone has had there's for awhile, what's the verdict? Still loving it? Did the 1.0 pinmame sound ever get squared away?

#1458 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I just picked up a BOP 2.0 kit for my lovely BOP (Thanks Jetzxi). Looking forward to getting it installed.
Now that everyone has had there's for awhile, what's the verdict? Still loving it? Did the 1.0 pinmame sound ever get squared away?

Couldn't imagine not having 2.0... It's that good!

No changes in the 1.0 sound. It's mainly pinbots callouts. Doesn't bother me too much but that's probably because I've only switched back to the original a few times.

#1459 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Couldn't imagine not having 2.0... It's that good!
No changes in the 1.0 sound. It's mainly pinbots callouts. Doesn't bother me too much but that's probably because I've only switched back to the original a few times.

I love it, I never play the original anymore. It's damn hard, but that makes me keep coming back for more.

#1460 7 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Prior to installing BoP 2.0 kit the button worked just fine.
Now it does not work, even in diags it does not register.
Any suggestions?

What button? I don't see enough details here to understand what you are talking about.

#1461 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

What button? I don't see enough details here to understand what you are talking about.

Sorry it was the start button, its fixed now, very odd though as the button worked on the original BoP but with 2.0 not as all.

Turned out to be the contacts were touching but not enough, so I have made the contact very close and it now works.

But now on occasions I get 2, 3 or 4 players in one push! I can not win.

#1462 7 years ago

Having just converted to BoP 2.0 I am having some teething issues.

I can hear what I thought was a motor noise from the game every few seconds, upon further investigation I found it was the right sling-shot coil as touching it I found it would vibrate a bit when the noise happened.

This happens even in attract mode.

As such there must be power 'leakage' as it must be getting a bit of power from somewhere.

I did put a new Power Driver board in the BoP and did test it before upgrading to 2.0 and it worked fine, it's a PinLED board.

Just wondering if its a compatibility issue with PROC & PinLED Power Drive.

Any one else had this or any suggestions?

#1463 7 years ago

An update to my BoP 2.0 issue of coils making noises when in 2.0.

This only happens when in 2.0, and does not happen in the emulated original BoP game.

It happens in 1.16 & 1.13 of 2.0

Here is a video of the issue;

Using a meter it looks like a couple of volts on the right sling shot and a couple of the pops and sling by the pops.
Would appear to go with the light show but also starts when the lamps are off and the 2.0 is almost booted up.

#1464 7 years ago

But now on occasions I get 2, 3 or 4 players in one push! I can not win.

I am sure you did this but make sure the contact is clean. I bought a new switch but after adjusting and cleaning the switch I got mine to work properly.

#1465 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I am sure you did this but make sure the contact is clean. I bought a new switch but after adjusting and cleaning the switch I got mine to work properly.

I did put a new switch in during the full refurb, but plan to run a dollar bill over the contacts tonight and test from there.

cheers

#1466 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I think BOP 1.0 sounds great...I think it sounds a little "different" due to the sound system being so much more robust than the original...so the "shittyness" of the voices is a bit more pronounced, but I think it's overall better because the music sounds so much more robust and deep. My main complaint is that there's still a bit of delay in the audio. I really hope they can somehow fix that.

1 week later
#1467 7 years ago

Hey guys! I am considering buying BoP 2.0 but I have a couple of questions. What all comes with the kit? Also after you place your order, how long does it usually take to get it from cointaker.com to your house?

#1468 7 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Hey guys! I am considering buying BoP 2.0 but I have a couple of questions. What all comes with the kit? Also after you place your order, how long does it usually take to get it from cointaker.com to your house?

You get the a new speaker panel with Flipper Fidelity speakers, and color screen.
New sub and amp
computer and p-roc

After talking with Melissa at Allentown, seems like the current list is getting close to being full.
Best bet is to give her a call and she can give you more of a time frame.

#1469 7 years ago

My wife surprised me by putting a deposit down on the 2.0 kit at Allentown. Very excited to get this going.

#1470 7 years ago

There's a list of everything that's in the kit on the Dutch Pinball site (http://www.dutchpinball.com/bride-of-pinbot):
Dutch Pinball software
Mini-PC
P-ROC controller board
New speaker panel
Color Display
High fidelity speaker set
2.1 Amplifier
Cables & miscellaneous

Most of us bought our kits directly through Dutch Pinball and waited a long time, they had to build up a list each time before going into production. Now that Cointaker (and I think Nitro in Canada) are handling distribution, I'd contact the distributor directly to find out turn around times.

#1471 7 years ago

An update to my BoP 2.0 issue of coils making noises when in 2.0.
This only happens when in 2.0, and does not happen in the emulated original BoP game.
It happens in 1.16 & 1.13 of 2.0
Here is a video of the issue;
» YouTube video
Using a meter it looks like a couple of volts on the right sling shot and a couple of the pops and sling by the pops.
Would appear to go with the light show but also starts when the lamps are off and the 2.0 is almost booted up.

Just so future Bride of Pinbot 2.0 buyers are aware PinLED Power Driver Boards will NOT work with BoP 2.0, I am not sure aboyr Rotten Dog Power Driver Boards, so to be on the safe side sick with the original Power Driver Board.

I am having to swap my PinLED board into my Funhouse and put the WIlliams one in my BoP 2.0

#1472 7 years ago

Just so future Bride of Pinbot 2.0 buyers are aware PinLED Power Driver Boards will NOT work with BoP 2.0, I am not sure aboyr Rotten Dog Power Driver Boards, so to be on the safe side sick with the original Power Driver Board.
I am having to swap my PinLED board into my Funhouse and put the WIlliams one in my BoP 2.0

Rottendog do. I think several people on this thread have replaced the originals with their product.

#1473 7 years ago

Awesome! Thank you for the info

#1474 7 years ago

Yep, rottendog doing well. Even better than the old one for the first batch of bop2.0s (where we had to replace the fuse)

#1475 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Yep, rottendog doing well. Even better than the old one for the first batch of bop2.0s (where we had to replace the fuse)

I replaced my driver with the Rottondog about 6 months ago and it's been fine. I like knowing that ALL of the electronics are new now.

#1476 7 years ago

Getting closer. Powdercoating came in.

IMG_4480_(resized).JPGIMG_4480_(resized).JPG

#1477 7 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

Getting closer. Powdercoating came in.

who did your powercoating ?

#1478 7 years ago

Refinery. I had them do it the same color as they do Metallicas. They weren't cheap but they did an outstanding job.

#1479 7 years ago

Just officially joined the 2.0 club. Still in honeymoon state but WOW! Really breathes new life in an already awesome title. Whole new ballgame.

Scott thanks for all the help on install. You da man!

IMG_3753_(resized).JPGIMG_3753_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#1480 7 years ago

My BOP 2.0 will be at The Southern Fried Gameroom Expo (http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com) next week. Unfortunately, the new cabinet I'm building for it will not. There's just too much to do to it to finish in time and I am bringing other games as well. It still plays pretty well (one light doesn't work and it's not a bulb problem). Hope to see some of you there!

Al

#1481 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Just officially joined the 2.0 club. Still in honeymoon state but WOW! Really breathes new life in an already awesome title. Whole new ballgame.
Scott thanks for all the help on install. You da man!

Diggin on the chrome T-molding. Normally I remove that from my Stern's but it looks great on the Bride.

#1482 7 years ago

Man i hope the Cointaker kits ships soon

#1483 7 years ago

Agreed -- have put my deposit down for one and just waiting for them to get all the parts and start shipping!

#1484 7 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

Man i hope the Cointaker kits ships soon

2 weeks ago Melissa said they were 30 days out. Another 2 weeks and we'll see .... hope they manage to stick to it, particularly after the ridiculous delays with batch #2 (not of CT's making).

She also said they were changing the speakers, after I said I thought they'd be mad to keep Flipper Fidelity as they're so expensive and the speakers' quality is not reflective of their price at all. She also said it ought to be an upgrade.

#1485 7 years ago

I emailed her back around the start of May and never heard back. Figured she had her hands full.

The anticipation is killing me!

#1486 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

2 weeks ago Melissa said they were 30 days out. Another 2 weeks and we'll see .... hope they manage to stick to it, particularly after the ridiculous delays with batch #2 (not of CT's making).
She also said they were changing the speakers, after I said I thought they'd be mad to keep Flipper Fidelity as they're so expensive and the speakers' quality is not reflective of their price at all. She also said it ought to be an upgrade.

i cant imagine 2.0 sounding any better than it does now... AMAZING !

#1487 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

i cant imagine 2.0 sounding any better than it does now... AMAZING !

FF are a definite upgrade on the crap that ships factory with machines ... but you can get much, much better speakers for less money if you're willing to do the research and wire them up yourself.

It certainly makes sense for CoinTaker to change to some good OEM non-pinball-branded speakers. I just hope that they are indeed an upgrade rather than pure economising.

Also, on another speaker upgrade note ... PinSound will very soon be stocking and selling their own custom kits, which should be significantly better than PinballPro or Flipper Fidelity.

#1488 7 years ago

I think the FF speakers in my BoP 2.0 sound pretty good. I had to turn the bass down from where DP recommended and I still needed to tape up the glass to keep it from rattling.

This is a great game, guys. It's worth the wait.

#1489 7 years ago

Could use some help. My BOP 2.0 is losing balls about every game after they drain. I've checked my trough switches and they all register. Once the ball drains she still thinks they're in play. This doesn't happen with every ball, but I can rarely get through a whole game. I never had this issue before installing 2.0, but it could be an intermittent switch fault? Anyone else seen this?

#1490 7 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

Could use some help. My BOP 2.0 is losing balls about every game after they drain. I've checked my trough switches and they all register. Once the ball drains she still thinks they're in play. This doesn't happen with every ball, but I can rarely get through a whole game. I never had this issue before installing 2.0, but it could be an intermittent switch fault? Anyone else seen this?

Did you also check the outhole switch, or only the trough switches? Test it a few times with a ball, not your finger.

#1491 7 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

You can leave switch test on while you play. Start a game. Go into settings and start switch test. Let the balls drain. You'll see the switches register on the screen. It might be easier to record the screen so you can play it back.

You might have a playfield switch that is stuck as well. And this will help eliminate that.

#1492 7 years ago

2.0 has different tolerance for switch closures somehow. I had trough issues after installing 2.0, but I fiddled with switch adjustment and its almost 100% now.

#1493 7 years ago

Great feedback! Thanks! I'll try that. I also regularly get two balls to the plunger on my second ball. Not sure if its correlated.

#1494 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

You can leave switch test on while you play. Start a game. Go into settings and start switch test. Let the balls drain. You'll see the switches register on the screen. It might be easier to record the screen so you can play it back.
You might have a playfield switch that is stuck as well. And this will help eliminate that.

Good point. That's one of the cool things about the new software -- being able to do switch tests during game play.

#1495 7 years ago

I also turned the bass way down in mine and fiddled with the settings to reduce the rattle, I need to look into what on the cabinet rattles so much with a heavy bass. You think it's the playfield glass?

#1496 7 years ago

I had my Bride 2.0 at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show this weekend, it was constantly played and got a lot of great comments (also a lot of comments about how hard it was to play!). Worked almost flawlessly after initially finding the display power cord came disconnected in transport (it hangs downward, so not surprising). As some point someone must have rebooted it and I found it in original Bride mode, which apparently didn't have freeplay set up, I had to reboot and select 2.0. Is there a way to do that in the settings without rebooting? Oh, and the funny part, while it wasn't in replay, people were sinking quarters in, I found 6 inside the coinbox when I broke it down after the show

#1497 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I also turned the bass way down in mine and fiddled with the settings to reduce the rattle, I need to look into what on the cabinet rattles so much with a heavy bass. You think it's the playfield glass?

I had a slight rattle come in when I installed invisaglass. A little electrical tape along the edges fixed it.
Also had a small vibration on the bg and used some foam weather strip on the wood where the bg rests against.

no more vibration (at my home settings for volume)....if you crank that bass up, it will rattle the windows in your house.

#1498 7 years ago

this is going to sound stupid but what exactly is a bop 2.0? i have been playing bop on ps3 and am starting to like it. i saw what I think was a 2.0 at allentown but i have no idea what the difference is

#1499 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

this is going to sound stupid but what exactly is a bop 2.0? i have been playing bop on ps3 and am starting to like it. i saw what I think was a 2.0 at allentown but i have no idea what the difference is

http://www.dutchpinball.com/bride-of-pinbot

and the video from DP

#1500 7 years ago

thanks burning man I will check it out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 27.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 9.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.