IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 64.
#1101 8 years ago

No, I definitely won't sell them.

I print a couple and try to apply them on my cab. The leftovers will be sent out to my friends, if they don't care to print them themselves.

For those who do, my work is free to those who ask. I reduce to 150dpi, but they'll turn out fine nonetheless. Go ahead and ask me.

Here is the preview:
image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1102 8 years ago

...double post...

#1103 8 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

No, I definitely won't sell them.
I print a couple and try to apply them on my cab. The leftovers will be sent out to my friends, if they don't care to print them themselves.
For those who do, my work is free to those who ask. I reduce to 150dpi, but they'll turn out fine nonetheless. Go ahead and ask me.
Here is the preview:
image.jpeg

Ok! Count me in!

#1104 8 years ago

Is anyone else missing the red heart around the start button?

That and I liked all the exhaust smoke like the original from your first design of the 2nd motif.

I know the heart may look a bit out of place with this motif but I think it would look right at home on your original design (below) which got me thinking.

I think it would be a great idea if you went through with both designs, it would look right at home sitting between the two machines that you had pictured. It would be perfect for people like my wife and I who want just a little change instead of taking the plunge of having a drastically different looking machine (not a bad thing) but different enough that a matching translight would complete the transformation. That way you can keep the latest design with the smokless and heartless front and not have to worry about it looking too different from the original because you will have the set that falls right in between the two.

bopalt1.jpgbopalt1.jpg

botalt2.jpgbotalt2.jpg

#1105 8 years ago

I just returned from my friend, the printing guy... Hehehe, he made me aware that I should do the best I can to get the cab sanded totally even, apply paint and whatnot, so that his decals wont look ugly. LOL! I told him what a playfieldswap means. Well, he didn't feel sorry for me. He just said some words I didn't understand... "hobby", "time consuming", blahblah...

Virtually, the cab is done

#1106 8 years ago

Guys...has anyone installed a shaker with 2.0?

Not sure if it could be done...would be cool to feel a little shake when the shuttle explodes....

#1107 8 years ago

Great idea!
Shouldn't be hard to code, and we can use the home built Stern shaker kits, which are really easy to control via software

#1108 8 years ago

We have BoP2.0 as a Set a High Score game (on free play) in K15 Open, an European Championship Series tournament right now (!), and for the next ~six hours, and tomorrow as well. See http://www.dutchpinball.com/bop2/live/K15 for the live scores, maybe a world champion will be playing . To learn more about the tournament, see http://k15.fi/ .

#1109 8 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Great idea!
Shouldn't be hard to code, and we can use the home built Stern shaker kits, which are really easy to control via software

PM sent...................to Barry.
Hold that....will be sending a PM after the DPO.

#1110 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Yeah no funny stuff (distractions) right now

#1111 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

A talented friend of mine built a few of these shakers. We will check what outputs can be connected from the PCB, coin door (20V) so the shaker can be controlled via software easily. What I see from a first quick look, we may get 20V from the coin door and (software controlled) ground from a spare coil output from the PDB. Turning on the shaker would as easy as firing a coil software wise...

#1112 8 years ago

Great work on the new cabinet art. I agree with BigDan that it would look more in keeping with the theme to retain the heart on the front of the cab.

As far as black original(ish) background vs new purple DP-like one, I really like both. However I think where you have the cabinet and the lighting will play into which one works better. If lighting is dim, or it's surrounded by other bright colours, then the higher contrast of the black is likely to work much better than the lower contrast, more colourful purple. If there's plenty of light and colours around it don't clash or drown it out, purple's probably going to look awesome. Anyway, just my thoughts.

Also, have you considered contacting Dutch Pinball? Your work does look really good. They might be interested.

#1113 8 years ago

I was wondering how much did the kit's cost you guys plus shipping..non-preorder? I'm just wondering if $1995.00 is a little above average.

#1114 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I was wondering how much did the kit's cost you guys plus shipping..non-preorder? I'm just wondering if $1995.00 is a little above average.

I'm at about $1864, but I haven't paid shipping. It could vary depending on where the USD/EUR exchange rate was at the time you paid.

#1115 8 years ago

Anyone looking to sell a 2.0 kit?

#1116 8 years ago

Regarding the shaker: BoP doesn't have any spare solenoids that can be used for control
If hooked up to a flasher, the time the flasher is on will likely be to short to get the shaker motor running.

I have no idea regarding the P-ROC. All I saw, it has 32 driver outputs, but I doubt we can power a shaker directly without a tiny PDB.

Is Scott reading along here?

#1117 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

How are you buying one non-preorder? Pre-order they were $1595 Euros... at today's rate that's $1750 US and doesn't include shipping, I think when I bought it the rate made it more around $1800. I would imagine if they are selling a few extras after fulfilling the pre-orders that your price sounds about right.

#1118 8 years ago

I think only one person got a shaker motor to work with the p-roc years ago and he made an add on board to do it. I dont think adding a shaker is going to be that easy unfortunately.

Quoted from mayuh:

Regarding the shaker: BoP doesn't have any spare solenoids that can be used for control
If hooked up to a flasher, the time the flasher is on will likely be to short to get the shaker motor running.
I have no idea regarding the P-ROC. All I saw, it has 32 driver outputs, but I doubt we can power a shaker directly without a tiny PDB.
Is Scott reading along here?

#1119 8 years ago

I just returned from my friend, the printing guy. Damn. They are frigging awesome. Really, never seen so accurate colors. And I didn't do a thing, didn't even convert it to CMYK. Wow!

Have a look:

image.jpegimage.jpeg
image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg
image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg
image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

#1120 8 years ago

looks great Mario!

#1121 8 years ago

Not applied, but test fitted:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

#1122 8 years ago

Now this makes BOP 2.0 absolutely a new game.

#1123 8 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I just returned from my friend, the printing guy. Damn. They are frigging awesome. Really, never seen so accurate colors. And I didn't do a thing, didn't even convert it to CMYK. Wow!
Have a look:
image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_3.jpeg

pm sent

#1124 8 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Have a look:
image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_3.jpeg

1 week later
#1125 8 years ago

I would love to buy a 2.0 kit if anyone has one available! Also, a playfield! I have a project Bride and would love to make it a nice 2.0!

#1126 8 years ago
Quoted from jtimmons:

I would love to buy a 2.0 kit if anyone has one available! Also, a playfield! I have a project Bride and would love to make it a nice 2.0!

For the repro playfields, I'd hop over to the thread on them and immediately email the guy in Germany who just made them. He may have done extras, I know he did 6 prototypes and some people moved over to one instead. But they are gonna be gone quick:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-bride-of-pinbot-repro-playfield-list-closing

#1127 8 years ago

hoping to get some upcoming news on the next batch of 2.0...

#1128 8 years ago

This was probably asked before, but how many have bought BoP2.0 and still have it sitting on a shelf awaiting installation?

#1129 8 years ago

Thanks nwpinball! Didn't see that thread. Hopefully he still has one left!

#1130 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

This was probably asked before, but how many have bought BoP2.0 and still have it sitting on a shelf awaiting installation?

Mine lasted 3 days... I couldn't wait!

#1131 8 years ago

Anyone know the scoop on when the current batch of 2.0 kits is shipping?

#1132 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Anyone know the scoop on when the current batch of 2.0 kits is shipping?

i last heard that there were a few procs damaged and had to be sent back .shipping will be very soon.

#1133 8 years ago

Hoping it is soon. Not hearing much about the actual game so hope 2.0 is worth the wait!

#1134 8 years ago

CPR has the new plastic set for sale.

#1135 8 years ago

i wollt need just to slingshot plastics

could be used if they are fine (no scratches not to yellow)

thanks
tom

#1136 8 years ago

thought I would post this here since some of us are doing other things to our 2.0's as well.

Anyone know where to find a set of CPR BOP Faces?

#1137 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

CPR has the new plastic set for sale.

Great news!

#1138 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

thought I would post this here since some of us are doing other things to our 2.0's as well.
Anyone know where to find a set of CPR BOP Faces?

Marco, $89

#1139 8 years ago

Thanks Paul....just ordered them last night....

#1140 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Thanks Paul....just ordered them last night....

Excellent. I love spending other peoples money like that.

#1141 8 years ago

..................things are coming along............

bop_cabinet.jpgbop_cabinet.jpg

#1142 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I see! Cab decals look great!

#1143 8 years ago

In case you didn't see it, Barry posted the following update on the DP forums:

http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67&start=20#p571

Hi Guys, here's a short production update:

The kits are almost complete. All of the speaker panels including the displays are being assembled. Startup controllers are ready, the plastic front panels with the BoP 2.0 artwork is ready and PC's are being modified for the kit.

We still have 2 minor delays: One of the PROC boxes was severly damaged during shipping and had to be sent back. We expect the new PROCs in just a few days, but we don't know exactly when.

We also received the wrong SSD disks for the software, but they will arrive shortly in our office again in The Netherlands to prepare them and then they will be sent to PBL HQ to install in the PC's.

So it shouldnt be long before the first kits will be send out.

#1144 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

bop_cabinet.jpg

I am looking to put my decals on this week. Is there a good tutorial or list of items that would make the process easier? Exacto Knife? Squeegee?

#1145 8 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

I am looking to put my decals on this week. Is there a good tutorial or list of items that would make the process easier? Exacto Knife? Squeegee?

this was my first redecal. Some rookie mistakes but overall very pleased with the end result.

--Exacto for sure....
--make sure your surface is smooth....don't worry if you pull a little grain if you pulled some when removing the old decal, but make sure you fill the dents, dings, etc...
--I installed dry...just like McCune

no bubbles and had my wife hold the first side decal. After that, I was able to install by myself using tape to hold down one edge while I folded down the opposite edge. When the first edge was down, I then removed the tape and used one hand to peal from underneath and the other to apply the decal.
--no need for a squeegee. I used it on the first side and then just used my hand on the other side, front, and back box.
--use a straight edge to cut your corners...(well, thats what worked best for me)
--Align your start button. I used a flash light to see where that would hit. I tried to make the start button land right on top of the Shuttle. Originally I wanted to be higher, but was scared with how the lettering would look between the bottom of the cab and the coin door....
--Regarding alignment...I aligned my side decals with the bottom of the cab so you can see the reflection of her arm and foot. On the back box, check your alignment with the DP logo on the top of the head. I mounted mine too high where there is a bolt head that is dead center of the DP Logo. I have decided not to install that bolt. (This machine will be not be muscled around, and in the future, if I need to install it I will, but I have a feeling the two bolts, (one on each side), will remain in the coin box.

#1146 8 years ago

Very nice!
For the backbox I will use countersunk screws. To be honest the idea was to use them everywhere I could possibly install them. Your coin door is aligned perfectly...
Glad, it was easy to apply. Even when you did it all by yourself. I wouldn't dare to do it alone

Btw: You're lacking blue illuminated flipper buttons

#1147 8 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Very nice!
For the backbox I will use countersunk screws. To be honest the idea was to use them everywhere I could possibly install them. Your coin door is aligned perfectly...
Glad, it was easy to apply. Even when you did it all by yourself. I wouldn't dare to do it alone
Btw: You're lacking blue illuminated flipper buttons

Yeah...that coin door is coming off and being painted blue metallic. I painted the head and metal head trim blue metallic so that should look better. Also going to order the illuminated flipper button from Cointaker...

#1148 8 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Not applied, but test fitted:

image.jpeg image_1.jpeg image_2.jpeg image_3.jpeg

You need some purple leds in your back box now!

tmp_28160-IMG_20151030_144802-1420490967.jpgtmp_28160-IMG_20151030_144802-1420490967.jpg

#1149 8 years ago

1.14???

image.pngimage.png

#1150 8 years ago

That's the coin drop enabled pre-beta version... Should be out to all - well only the beta testers - soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.