IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 64.
#951 8 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

testing the sw now
it is amazing
Big Wheels mode are very cool and the metamorphose is amazing
its better then every new LE Pin
tom

Good to hear. Patiently awaiting my 2nd run kit.

#952 8 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Ha! I loved the Monkees. That's from Micheal Nesmith Live at the Palais.
» YouTube video

Close enough - Elephant Parts (fake ad for "LIve at the Palais"). Still wins a prize! PM me your address - I'm not kidding!

#953 8 years ago

Spilling the beans: A small group of "Pre Beta" testers are going through a special edition of the software to test the new features. This special edition doesn't play the small wheel modes or the first multiball so the new stuff can be tested. I have found at least one bug so far. This is going to be one of the best rulesets to come out in years (I'm not kidding). OK, back to testing...

#954 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Spilling the beans:

Spill a few more beans!

#955 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Spill a few more beans!

I'd like to, but they want us to keep it quiet until it's all working well enough to go to the regular beta (essentially anyone who wants it). The graphics on the metamorphosis are stunning. There are new modes for all of the Big Wheel spots and a Billion mode. Most of the modes are combo shots or hit the flashing shot games. Not easy. The new ruleset really transforms this game. There are still some graphics and sounds missing but everything plays to some degree. It's Pre-Beta (Alpha) and essentially is only for testing. It's gonna be a blast when it's done! It is nice to know we're in the home stretch!

#956 8 years ago

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to this release as it sounds like the big wheel modes are a bit more creative (shot wise) than the small wheel modes.

I do hope that they make a way to lower the point value of the billion mode though. The billion shot is what really killed BOP 1.0 as it overwhelms the scoring which turned it into the one shot pony that people made it out to be. I like the idea of it but would much rather it be smaller point values to keep things more balanced. I'm sure I'm in the minority there though.

#957 8 years ago

Seeing BOP2.0 getting love makes me even more excited for TBL. Sorry that it's taken this long.. but, compared to "other projects" mishaps going on in the hobby guess relatively it's not so bad. It's too bad BOP2.0 has been a rather sleeper project, they are really doing some cool shit.

#958 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to this release as it sounds like the big wheel modes are a bit more creative (shot wise) than the small wheel modes.
I do hope that they make a way to lower the point value of the billion mode though. The billion shot is what really killed BOP 1.0 as it overwhelms the scoring which turned it into the one shot pony that people made it out to be. I like the idea of it but would much rather it be smaller point values to keep things more balanced. I'm sure I'm in the minority there though.

Truthfully - I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's at the end of the big wheel modes so I don't think the average player will be getting to it at all. It's going to take a super player to see it. This is really a tough game now. I like that!

#959 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Truthfully - I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's at the end of the big wheel modes so I don't think the average player will be getting to it at all. It's going to take a super player to see it. This is really a tough game now. I like that!

That good to hear. If it's basically a mini wizard mode then that's all good. Just was concerned it was like 1.0 where you could basically just go for it. If it requires you to complete all the small and big wheel modes then it's a deserved point value

#960 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That good to hear. If it's basically a mini wizard mode then that's all good. Just was concerned it was like 1.0 where you could basically just go for it. If it requires you to complete all the small and big wheel modes then it's a deserved point value

Can't verify the implementation fully but you have to start all 5 other big wheels, via the scoop, before billion will start. You might not need to complete all the small wheels. Those so far have been dune in multi ball one. Big wheels are in mb 2

#961 8 years ago

I just sent the rest of the money for my 2.0 kit. Can't frikken wait to get my hands on it!!

#962 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I just sent the rest of the money for my 2.0 kit. Can't frikken wait to get my hands on it!!

You're gonna love it!

#963 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Truthfully - I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's at the end of the big wheel modes so I don't think the average player will be getting to it at all.

Agreed, but it is a problem during competition. It would be great if some menu allowed setting its value before game start (default - 1 billion, but could be much lower).

#964 8 years ago

If anyone got to Billionaire club in a competition they deserve to win, and most likely will even if they fail at the mode.
It's the final wizard mode after all, not a random mode.

#965 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

If anyone got to Billionaire club in a competition they deserve to win, and most likely will even if they fail at the mode.
It's the final wizard mode after all, not a random mode.

I can't imagine even the best player getting this far in a competition. It is REALLY hard. There is so much before it. Even with the glass off (how I'm testing) it takes a while to do.

Multiball two requires you to hit the heartbeat ramp, then immediately hit the shuttle ramp (in 5 seconds) to lock a ball. You have to do this 3 times! I have never done it in regular play. I'm not that good yet, I guess.

#966 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Spilling the beans: A small group of "Pre Beta" testers are going through a special edition of the software to test the new features. This special edition doesn't play the small wheel modes or the first multiball so the new stuff can be tested. I have found at least one bug so far. This is going to be one of the best rulesets to come out in years (I'm not kidding). OK, back to testing...

Whoa....this sounds awesome! BOP 2.0 is already high on the list of the best rule set. Can't wait to see the new stuff.

#967 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I can't imagine even the best player getting this far in a competition. It is REALLY hard. There is so much before it. Even with the glass off (how I'm testing) it takes a while to do.
Multiball two requires you to hit the heartbeat ramp, then immediately hit the shuttle ramp (in 5 seconds) to lock a ball. You have to do this 3 times! I have never done it in regular play. I'm not that good yet, I guess.

what is required to get to metamorphosis ? how does it compare to the orignal ? cant wait to see this !

#968 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I got the offer to Beta test but I was just too busy last week. I wish I would have done it so I could see it early....

Can't wait to see the new stuff!

#969 8 years ago

Just joined the club. Payment sent to Dutch Pinball two days ago.

Looks like it will still be a couple of months until they ship the unit, though (3 weeks until production start and a 8 week production time)

PS! Thanks go out to 85vett, who gladly answered my questions about bop 2.0.

This thing was already looking good but it was after I heard about the new update coming soon I decided that
staying on the sidelines was not an option anymore.

#970 8 years ago

Congrats and welcome to the madness

#971 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

what is required to get to metamorphosis ? how does it compare to the orignal ? cant wait to see this !

As of now, metamorphosis happens during second multiball. You light the various parts by sending two balls up the ramp and into the eyes right after each other (timed). After getting all of the parts, you eventually get back to one ball. Metomorphasis happens and you go into a timed wizard mode.

Graphics are awesome. Also, this is right now. It might change.

#972 8 years ago

I would really love a feature that made use of the mini- playfield. For example, have one of the three exits "lit" for an award and then you could send the ball up there and nudge your way to paydirt!

Please do something like this, DP!

#973 8 years ago

Has anyone seen any new plastics for Bride anywhere?

#974 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Has anyone seen any new plastics for Bride anywhere?

Contact Larry at http://www.starship-fantasy.com and see if he has any. Sometimes, they are just not on the website. Can't hurt!

#975 8 years ago

BOP 2.0 Beta testers - Check your e-mail NOW! Beta 1.13 is released. The game is now complete. Yeah Buddy!

#976 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

BOP 2.0 Beta testers - Check your e-mail NOW! Beta 1.13 is released. The game is now complete. Yeah Buddy!

I will be installing tonight. Great. There goes my weekend....

#977 8 years ago

Nice! Just got the email and video.

I like the plug to "Order Now" at the end of the video. I hope this latest version will generate enough interest for a 3rd (or more) prodution runs.

Maybe after TBL, they can work on a Funhouse 2.0!!!

#978 8 years ago

The new promo video is fantastic! If you're still on the fence, prepare to be knocked off!

#979 8 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

The new promo video is fantastic! If you're still on the fence, prepare to be knocked off!
» YouTube video

Great. There goes next week too.

#980 8 years ago

Here is the full communication for those that may not get it. The video is cool but I really liked the diaphragm illustrating the rule paths. Can't wait to give this a try!

"We are proud to announce that we have finished the rules for Bride of Pinbot 2.0!

Last week we pre-beta tested the software and earlier today we sent out the beta release to our beta testers. We expect no major issues in this version and next week we will send out the latest version to everyone.

To celebrate this we made a cool promo video:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/R8DW9yky580?autoplay=1&rel=0

Bride of Pinbot 2.0 game features
Here's a quick overview of all the features of the Bride of Pinbot 2.0 as well as a schematic view of the rules of the game.

Story mode / Story synopsis
PIN*BOT is bored on his planet and his Bride, who humanity "gifted" him in 1990, has run out of battery power. PIN*BOT commands you to load up the good ole’ Space Shuttle with new batteries and deliver them to Planet PIN*BOT (Multiball 1). Then unload and insert the batteries and activate the Bride (Multiball 2). Finally raise her heartbeat and make her live (Metamorphosis).

Modes and Big Wheel Billion
Each wheel insert represents a mode you can start by shooting the scoop. Every time you finish a Small Wheel mode you unlock a Big Wheel mode. After you finish all the Small Wheel modes (there are 6 Small Wheel modes) and play the 5 Big Wheel modes, the Big Wheel Billion mode can be started to go for a Billion points!

Planet Python - Tribute to Python
Since we love this game so much we wanted to include a tribute mode for Python Anghelo. The name we gave to this mode was "Planet Python", because we thought it would be cool if there's a planet in the PIN*BOT universe named after its creator.

Last week we received an email from a friend of Python. Python told him that when he died, he would return to planet Pythonia.

We really love this story and that's why we've added two extra letters to the title of this tribute mode: "Planet Pythonia".

Spell Pinbot / Videomode
Spelling P-I-N-B-O-T lights Videomode. In this mode you steer PIN*BOT in his space vehicle through 6 levels that ever increase in difficulty and complexity. Through your Live page it's even possible to create your own Videomode levels, share them, or select levels made by the community.

BOP.jpgBOP.jpg

Production Batch #2
On August 1st we started with the production of the second batch of the kits.

If you don't own a kit yet and didn't order one, you can order your own Bride of Pinbot 2.0 upgrade kit on our website. We still have a few spots left in Batch #2!
www.dutchpinball.com/order

If you ordered a Batch #2 kit and haven't send in the full payment yet, please do this as soon as possible. Every order that is not paid in full, or confirmed before August 14th, 2015 will automatically be cancelled.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at [email protected].

- Team Dutch Pinball"

#981 8 years ago

I'd also like to add that new kit owners should consider purchasing Scott's Auxiliary Flipper button kit. This kit disables the flippers in video mode (so when you're driving the car, the flippers aren't flipping every time you push the buttons). The kit is $45.00 and available here:

http://www.danesidesigns.com/products/aux-flipper-switch-hookup-board/

-Al-

#982 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'd also like to add that new kit owners should consider purchasing Scott's Auxiliary Flipper button kit. This kit disables the flippers in video mode (so when you're driving the car, the flippers aren't flipping every time you push the buttons). The kit is $45.00 and available here:
http://www.danesidesigns.com/products/aux-flipper-switch-hookup-board/
-Al-

OK, I was a bit negative about this kit when it was launched (you can see that in this thread). Figured it wasn't worth while but I got some "house money" and used it to buy one. Very happy I did as it really did make the game feel more modern/complete. Take it from one of the pessimistic people about the add on kit. It's worth it.

#983 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

OK, I was a bit negative about this kit when it was launched (you can see that in this thread). Figured it wasn't worth while but I got some "house money" and used it to buy one. Very happy I did as it really did make the game feel more modern/complete. Take it from one of the pessimistic people about the add on kit. It's worth it.

You came clean! Thanks for the honest appraisal. Hope DP sells a bunch of these!

#984 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'd also like to add that new kit owners should consider purchasing Scott's Auxiliary Flipper button kit.
-Al-

I was on the fence, but heck, only $45. I just ordered a kit!

#985 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I was on the fence, but heck, only $45. I just ordered a kit!

I did too. What's another $50? If it was just high score entry, who cares, but that video mode is a big part of the game.

#986 8 years ago

I hate getting a super skill shot on the 100k. Not only does it mean I can't plunge the ball well, but it also means my timing sucks!!

Brian

#987 8 years ago

In the club but need a BOP to buy on the west coast preferably........

#988 8 years ago

If I had a BOP I'd try this, but the upgrade kit market is tough, since you can have people who are interested and would buy, but don't own the base machine required.

Just have to play Rarehero's some more.

#989 8 years ago

I've got a BoP 2.0 kit from batch one. I opened the box and gazed at all the goodies and promptly packed it away. Now I'm moving away and it will be 2-3 year before I install it.

Can I accomplish a stand-alone software update to the Mini-PC? What's the minimum I need; the Mini-PC, a mouse, keyboard, monitor? Does anyone have suggestions to pass along?

#990 8 years ago

You won't be able start the update without the proc connected. There might be a way but not suree what it is.

#991 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I've got a BoP 2.0 kit from batch one. I opened the box and gazed at all the goodies and promptly packed it away. Now I'm moving away and it will be 2-3 year before I install it.
Can I accomplish a stand-alone software update to the Mini-PC? What's the minimum I need; the Mini-PC, a mouse, keyboard, monitor? Does anyone have suggestions to pass along?

I'd just be sure to keep downloading updates and buy a current USB thumb drive and put it away until you need to upgrade with it in the machine. Basically, don't update until you install but be prepared with what you need.

#992 8 years ago

First, let me say bravo to the DP team for the fine work on rounding out the ruleset. It really feels like a complete package.

Yet, I'm a bit disappointed in that the mini-playfield has been essentially squandered, with the only use being to try to get a free skillshot. Since new modes are unlikely to be added at this point, my wish/suggestion is this. Instead of simply shooting to the mini-playfield x number of times to lite video mode, why not make it where you have to complete one or more specific mini-playfield exits? Perhaps it could be the hole to bumpers for the first video mode; hole and heartbeat exit for 2nd; and all 3 for subsequent video modes.

And/or you could change the "prepare the shuttle" shot for multiball 2 to feed the mini playfield and require one or more specific exits to be made before the shuttle is "prepared".

#993 8 years ago

So tempting....

#994 8 years ago

I'm in the club also as I just sent in my full payment.

I'm really looking forward playing 2.0 once I get my new play field installed.

I'm thinking that BOP 2.0 deserves its own game designation here on Pinside so people can rank it separately from 1.0.

There are separate ratings for Stern's Pro models and LE/Prem so I don't see why 2.0 would be a problem.

#995 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

I'm in the club also as I just sent in my full payment.
I'm really looking forward playing 2.0 once I get my new play field installed.
I'm thinking that BOP 2.0 deserves its own game designation here on Pinside so people can rank it separately from 1.0.
There are separate ratings for Stern's Pro models and LE/Prem so I don't see why 2.0 would be a problem.

I have asked Robin for this but nothing became of it. I'll ask again!

Thanks,

-Al-

#996 8 years ago

I just sent Robin a note, let's see what he says!

#997 8 years ago

Looks like the new code was released today

I wont be able to upload it until Sunday though but I'm anxious to see how it comes out.

#998 8 years ago

I updated my game last nite! So cool...I'm so glad they added LOTS of ball save and up to 10 ball play (lol). I'm always a 3 ball guy, but this is the first game I'm setting to 5. There's just so much content in this game now, but this design was just not made for modern "lengthy" gameplay, IMO...it's just too hard....or maybe I just suck. In any case - 5 ball until I get better at it, as I want to see all the stuff that's in the game - just knowing it's there but never experiencing it is to heartbreaking. Even on 5 ball I only saw 1 Big Wheel mode last nite. Wah, I suck....but anyway - I love it!!! I got pretty far in the 2nd Multiball...just amazing stuff!

Quick question though for those who've played it extensively or tested it - what's the deal with if you're in a mode but then start Multiball? Does it stack or end the mode? Seems like some stack and some end...but I'm not sure.

#999 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I updated my game last nite! So cool...I'm so glad they added LOTS of ball save and up to 10 ball play (lol). I'm always a 3 ball guy, but this is the first game I'm setting to 5. There's just so much content in this game now, but this design was just not made for modern "lengthy" gameplay, IMO...it's just too hard....or maybe I just suck. In any case - 5 ball until I get better at it, as I want to see all the stuff that's in the game - just knowing it's there but never experiencing it is to heartbreaking. Even on 5 ball I only saw 1 Big Wheel mode last nite. Wah, I suck....but anyway - I love it!!! I got pretty far in the 2nd Multiball...just amazing stuff!
Quick question though for those who've played it extensively or tested it - what's the deal with if you're in a mode but then start Multiball? Does it stack or end the mode? Seems like some stack and some end...but I'm not sure.

small wheel modes end. not sure on big. Killing the small wheel mode also does not count as completing it so you will not move to the big wheel either.

#1000 8 years ago
Quoted from hlazzer:

small wheel modes end. not sure on big. Killing the small wheel mode also does not count as completing it so you will not move to the big wheel either.

Yeah, that seems like a bug or something that should be changed...especially now that you need to complete a small wheel to go to big wheel. Why not keep the mode running? I had the docking mode going (shoot the spinner) and had plenty of time left when I started the Multiball - I should still be able to shoot the spinner to complete that mode, IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 9.95
$ 9.99
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.