IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png
EFDACD6A-A27D-49B1-99F1-A94B7086313E (resized).jpeg
bop_2_rules (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,142 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 63.
#451 9 years ago

I was able to improve the sound quality in 1.0 by turning down the windows volume. pinmame at the default 50% is overdriving the amp. I dropped it to 25% and turned up the amp and it sounds much better

#452 9 years ago

of course now 2.0 is too quiet even with the amp cranked. I'll verify this still occurs in the beta and then report it

#453 9 years ago

wow 48 new post since yesterday

looks like the kits have arrived

if someone have a sound solution, please post it also at the DP forum

#454 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I was able to improve the sound quality in 1.0 by turning down the windows volume. pinmame at the default 50% is overdriving the amp. I dropped it to 25% and turned up the amp and it sounds much better

Quoted from Cheddar:

of course now 2.0 is too quiet even with the amp cranked. I'll verify this still occurs in the beta and then report it

Interesting. If you have things back as they were, what effect do the Vol +/- button inside the coin door have. Quality still not good, but just quieter? There is also an option to control overall pinmame volume which can be used on its command line; I just checked and its default is cranked up as high as it'll go. I'm wondering if dropping that down some and dropping the sample rate down (BOP, being pre-DCS, has the same sample rate as Sys11 and doesn't need the high pinmame default) might help. I'll drop a note to DP.

#455 9 years ago

My God, She's Alive!

Easy to install
Took about 2 hours to do for me.
No problems, instructions are very well detailed.

http://www.dutchpinball.com/bop2/bop-manual-eu
Was my guide.

Tools need:
Screwdriver
Drill
Hammer
nut drivers
Tape

image-854.jpgimage-854.jpg
#456 9 years ago

So I'm one of the few that probably didn't get a monitor or sound system. Unfortunately I couldn't find any 17" monitors locally or at goodwille etc. I had a usb3.0 15" wide screen monitor. That turned out to fit perfect but it was usb3.0. I went with it anyway. Turns out it works great.

As for the bop1 sound, there are no issues. It sounds fantastic. The sound is not lagged, scratchy or slow. The menu beep sound is not emulated well. But that's because there's a difference in how pinmame emulates Rom sound vs internal game sound. The actual sounds read from the game roms and is emulated very well. Further, with the amp and speaker upgrades sent out with the kit the bop1 will be a huge improvement.

#457 9 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

Interesting. If you have things back as they were, what effect do the Vol +/- button inside the coin door have. Quality still not good, but just quieter? There is also an option to control overall pinmame volume which can be used on its command line; I just checked and its default is cranked up as high as it'll go. I'm wondering if dropping that down some and dropping the sample rate down (BOP, being pre-DCS, has the same sample rate as Sys11 and doesn't need the high pinmame default) might help. I'll drop a note to DP.

The issue is the volume is not normalized between 1 and 2. Naturally setting the volume for 2 distorts the output for 1. The volume buttons did not have an effect in 1. I'll look into the command line option.

#458 9 years ago

I looked through the command line settings for pinmame and the -volume should work for me. I'm going to install a vnc server on the pc to make it easier to administrate. Once I get that set up I'll mess around with this.

I also found a setting for audio latency -audio_latency. I haven't noticed many patency issues on my setup so I'm not going to mess with that yet

#459 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I looked through the command line settings for pinmame and the -volume should work for me. I'm going to install a vnc server on the pc to make it easier to administrate. Once I get that set up I'll mess around with this.
I also found a setting for audio latency -audio_latency. I haven't noticed many patency issues on my setup so I'm not going to mess with that yet

If some people are not having audio latency (or "patency" issues on 1.0, what would be the explanation for why others of us are? This is the most annoying aspect of 1.0 for me presently.

#460 9 years ago

Chimera mode. I'm not sure I like this but I'll give it some time. I did the same to the flippers but it's not as obvious.IMAG0607.jpgIMAG0607.jpg

#461 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

The issue is the volume is not normalized between 1 and 2. Naturally setting the volume for 2 distorts the output for 1. The volume buttons did not have an effect in 1. I'll look into the command line option.

The volume buttons work great in 1 for me.

#462 9 years ago

So I noticed something cool that probably everyone already knew but I like how when you are in a mode the brides helmet lights work as a progress bar. I noticed that tonight and really got a kick out of it.

#463 9 years ago

Now we need some rule cards. Is there even a rule list somewhere?

#464 9 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I've written a 'beta' version of the v1.09 rulesheet. For those of you who just got the kit and playing BoP 2.0 the first time (or if you want to impress your friends)... Additions are very welcome...
German version over at flippermarkt.de
Here you are:
Rulesheet BoP 2.0 (dutchpinball) software 1.09 (Dec 2014)
Version 0.25 by mayuh. With a great help from Koen/dp
(Thanks for not telling us everything! It's exciting to dig deeper into the game and find things out ourselves!)
Skillhot:
The skillshot values are constantly moving. If you hit the lit skillshot you'll be awarded 5x its value. The movement stops as soon as the ball leaves the plunger.
A (super) skillshot is also awarded in bonus.
Multiball:
Shuttle ramp starts the lock sequence on the heart ramp. You'd need three locks that can be lit on the heart ramp (the 3 top heart inserts act as lock inserts). Balls are locked on the shuttle ramp. If you have a third lock lit and both previous balls locked already, the third ball to the shuttle ramp will start multiball.
MB start: the balls are released to the left flipper. After the three balls have passed through the left inlane you have 3 more seconds to shot the heartbeat ramp. This will multiply your jackpots for the remaining multiball. First ball to the heartbeat ramp makes JP x1 (of course JPs are always 1x from the beginning), a second shot is Double JP and a third will be triple JP accordingly.
Loops will increase the base jackpot for 100k.
Double and triple JPs are valid for the entire multiball. No matter if you loose a ball.
To get a jackpot, you have to shoot the shuttle ramp. Every jackpot completes a part of your voyage to Planet Pin*Bot.
After five JPs (this is a setting) you have reached Planet Pin*Bot and the super jackpot can be lit in the left scoop by locking a ball on the shuttle ramp first and then get it in that scoop within 7.5 seconds. If you don't make it the locked ball will be released again.
To get a double super jackpot, you must have all three balls still in play. Then you have to lock two balls via the shuttle ramp and go for double super at the scoop. The first ball will also release after 7.5 seconds if you don't manage to lock the second ball (like FishTales double jackpot or BSD Double Castle Jackpot).
Max jackpots: Single JP 8 mil. Double JP 16 mil. Triple JP 24mil.
Super JP maxes at 40mil.
Double super JP maxes at 80mil.
So a single Super Jackpot is 5 x current jackpot value, so it can be anything between 5 mil and 40 mil, double jackpot is 10 x jackpot value, so between 10 and 80 mil.
During multiball if you hit the left scoop, 'power charge' is started. You have to press both flipper buttons for 5 seconds in a 8 second (is a setting) time frame. Be aware that at the start of the power charge both flippers will be disabled for a friction of a second! That way you loose your ball control, but still have to have the balls to hold both flippers up for 5 seconds. Sorry, no Elwin possible. A succesful power charge also increases the jackpot by 500.000
If you drain out of multiball before you get a jackpot, you have the chance to restart the multiball in the left scoop. You have 15 secs for that. If succesful a second ball will be delivered at the plunger. After plunging the multiball continues with 2 balls. The multiplier will always be reset to 1, regardless of its value before draining.
6 modes from the small wheel:
They are quite self explanatory. Your machine will switch off all the lights and only light the relevant shot for this mode. Most of the time it's four shots to finish the mode
250K Mode: 'Move your shuttle'
Shoot in order: left loop, heart beat ramp, spinner, right loop
Shot 1 = 250k
Shot 2 = 500k
Shot 3 = 750k
Shot 4 = 1 mil
Time: 40 seconds (is a setting)
Max award: 2.500.000
Lites Jackpot Mode: 'G force challenge'
Shoot right loop four times to light the jackpot in the left scoop.
Time: 40 seconds (is a setting)
Award: Jackpot Lit
50K Mode: 'Space Station dock'
50 spins will make the Space Shuttle dock the ISS and you finish the mode. Each spin is worth 50k
Time: 30 seconds (is a setting)
100K Mode: 'Fueling frenzy'
25 jet bumpers are necessary to finish that mode. Each jet is worth 100k.
Lites Extra Ball Mode: 'Return to base'
Shoot the left loop 4 times to get an extraball lit on one of the lanes. You will get the extraball by making the rollover. Preferably on the inlane.
Award: Extra Ball lit (so still needs to collected at rollover)
Extra Ball Mode: 'Mission control'
You have to lite the 4 lower lane rollovers. You can move already lit lanes with the flipper buttons. If you complete all four, an extraball is awarded immediately. Best is to shoot the shuttle ramp which will feed the ball to the left inlane.
Time: 50 seconds (is a setting)
Award: Extra Ball
For each correct shot you make during these modes, the jackpot will increase. This is a max increase of 1 million per mode (is a setting). So if a mode requires 4 shots, each shot will increase the jackpot by 25% of 1 mil.
If you fully complete a mode, you'll be awarded 2.5mil (or a goodie like extra ball), the JP increases 1mil and you get double scoring (2x playfield) for 25 secs (is a setting).
Bonus:
Story Progress: for each shot that is a progress in the 'story' (eg, locks and locks lit, (super) jackpots etc) you get a certain value (all multiples of 100k).
Loop shots: 25k each.
Wheel spins: 25k each
Skillshot bonus: full skillshot value is awarded again(!)
Other scoring:
If you are not eligible to a lock via shuttle ramp, your ball goes to the mini playfield. Each shot awards 100k and a letter in 'pin*bot'. If you made all 6 letters the first time, the next 6 shots will be 200k and the third time 300k.
(Rumors say that this shot will get a more significant function in the near future *cough*)
Strategies:
For fast scoring (eg in a tournament) you definitely want to go for multiball. The sequence to start it is fairly easy, given that you can hit the shuttle ramp: Shuttle ramp, 3 times heartbeat ramp and 3 times shuttle ramp. When the balls are released, shoot the heartbeat ramp immediately to have double and triple jackpots going. The balls are fed nicely to the right flipper. So you can get your JPs on the shuttle ramp easily.
One previously finished mode and a few loops during multiball would be nice as it adds to your jackpot, but never mind that too much. A good multiball with five JPs and a Super should award some 30mil.
High scores:
You definitely want to go for modes first. Not only do they count some good points (2.5mil or a nice award for a finished one) but they also add to JPs and give you double scoring. However after four or five modes, especially when they were completed, it's time to go for multiball. If you have two balls locked already and start the multiball, just when you finished a mode, that gives you double scoring...well, get triple JPs running via the heartbeat ramp and go for those gorgeous 6x JPs! Maybe 2 or even 3... You only have 25secs for everything...
Also remember your bonus. If you can make the 5k targets (bonus X) and a few super skillshots (75k is easy on my machine, but 25k should be doable on all Brides out there) this is a significant source of good points. If your nudging skill allows, go for pin*bot letters and direct your ball into the right exit, so it is fed to the plunger. 4-5 super skillshots and a 6x will give you easy 10mil in bonus...

Here you go. From page 4.

#465 9 years ago

You would think, now that a bunch of people have their kits, there would be a bunch of new gameplay videos. Maybe a video of someone going over all the rules while showing it visually. That would be cool. it would give me something to hold me over while I impatiently wait for the second batch of pre-orders to finally ship out =D

#466 9 years ago
Quoted from Postmortem:

You would think, now that a bunch of people have their kits, there would be a bunch of new gameplay videos. Maybe a video of someone going over all the rules while showing it visually. That would be cool. it would give me something to hold me over while I impatiently wait for the second batch of pre-orders to finally ship out =D

you read my mind ! im still debating on getting 2.0 or not. last i knew the pre-orders for the second batch was half way there. you have any updates ? i was also informed that the music files are in the directory and can be changed. the reason why id like to make sure is the latest video music is so lame compared to the 2013 video which i think had the multi ball tracks right from the begining. would like to hear from 2.0 owners about this.

#467 9 years ago

I've had my kit up for about two days, pretty damn happy with the purchase.
The sounds and music are really nice imo, loving a lot of the throw back callouts...
"Move your shuttle!"

Graphics animation are amazing, probably the best I've ever seen on a pinball machine.

Pretty excited to see how the big wheel gets thrown into the game.

#468 9 years ago

I got my kit installed today. I am having a problem though. When the ball goes over the "face" playfield and then to the lock area, the ball locks in front of the post and the game does nothing. I have to physically move the ball for the game to keep going. Both lock switches register in test mode.

#469 9 years ago

Also how do you pick the BoP 1.0 game. The only time I have seen the game selector screen was the first time I turned the machine on after installing the kit. I have not seen the game selector screen since then.

#470 9 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

Also how do you pick the BoP 1.0 game. The only time I have seen the game selector screen was the first time I turned the machine on after installing the kit. I have not seen the game selector screen since then.

In BOP 2.0, press and hold the start button for a second or two. In BOP 1.0, during gameplay, hold both flipper buttons and press the start button. (In the beta release, BOP 1.0 quits the same way as 2.0)

#471 9 years ago

BTW, how many of us 2.0 owners are there so far?

#472 9 years ago

I figured out my problem. The switch at the entrance to the face playfield was not registering. I adjusted it and everything works now.

#473 9 years ago

I got mine mostly installed yesterday. I videoed it and it took a lot longer. I have to clean up some of the wires still. Seems to play pretty well. My 1.0 experience would be categorized as "not perfect but certainly not unplayable". I like the kit, I just want them to get the metamorphosis back in. The 3-ball multiball was a blast and the new sound and graphics are awesome!

image-77.jpgimage-77.jpg
image-815.jpgimage-815.jpg

#474 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

BTW, how many of us 2.0 owners are there so far?

I added a poll to help figure this out.

-Al-

#475 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I added a poll to help figure this out

That'll only catch those who are actually on pinside, and are reading this thread. Sometimes we think pinside is the world, but I'd guess there are a lot of folks with 2.0 who never even heard of pinside...

Guess it'll be interesting to see though

#476 9 years ago

Had my huge super bowl party so I was afraid to try to put Bride 2.0 together before the game. My kit went to my old address and the people at my old address were nice enough to update FedEx with my new address so my kit arrived Friday instead of Wednesday. That was a surprise.

I am thinking I will try to install it tonight, if I am not still hung over.

#477 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Had my huge super bowl party so I was afraid to try to put Bride 2.0 together before the game. My kit went to my old address and the people at my old address were nice enough to update FedEx with my new address so my kit arrived Friday instead of Wednesday. That was a surprise.
I am thinking I will try to install it tonight, if I am not still hung over.

It took me about four hours to put it in, but honestly, it would have taken under two if I wasn't videoing it. I use a tripod and lights and stuff when I do it. I was done at 5:00pm and we played a game of both original and 2.0 and cooked dinner and watched the game. Went down after the game and played a few more games. Pretty cool. I'm going to install the Beta code tonight.

#478 9 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

That'll only catch those who are actually on pinside, and are reading this thread. Sometimes we think pinside is the world, but I'd guess there are a lot of folks with 2.0 who never even heard of pinside...
Guess it'll be interesting to see though

I agree, although people who frequent Pinside seem to believe it, the Pinball world is much larger than just Pinside. I figured it's better than no poll. We'll see how many Pinsiders bought in at least.

#479 9 years ago

You should add to your poll: How many BOP owners do not plan on purchasing the BOP 2.0 kit.

Will give more perspective. I for one voted I'm waiting for the more complete package. But I appreciate you trailblazers! Keep the conversation going....

#480 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

You should add to your poll: How many BOP owners do not plan on purchasing the BOP 2.0 kit.
Will give more perspective. I for one voted I'm waiting for the more complete package. But I appreciate you trailblazers! Keep the conversation going....

you are waiting for the more complete package... will this be the case with the second batch ? from what i know, there might not be a third preorder.

#481 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I agree, although people who frequent Pinside seem to believe it, the Pinball world is much larger than just Pinside. I figured it's better than no poll. We'll see how many Pinsiders bought in at least.

You should get a backglass to go in that beautiful machine!

#482 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

The kits seems pretty complete as is except for a lack of written instructions. Maybe I've missed something??

#483 9 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

The kits seems pretty complete as is except for a lack of written instructions. Maybe I've missed something??

I think he's talking about the code.

#484 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I think he's talking about the code.

Yes, the code is incomplete but they are actually still working on it and we're seeing changes. Some modes need to be added but it's a totally different game with the kit installed but it's not done and I guessed that some people might wait for it to be completed or more complete before purchasing.

Not to be rude, but adding a "I'm not buying it" option on the poll just isn't positive enough for an "Owners Club Thread". "Ain't nobody got time for that"!

#485 9 years ago

Sweet Brown. One of Oklahoma's finest!

#486 9 years ago

I installed the Beta code last night. Initial impressions are very good. I noticed that the original code would miss my Heartbeat Ramp shots from time to time and now, it's getting it all the time. I didn't have a lot of time to play last night but it feels a lot more solid.

#487 9 years ago

One thing that is going to take time for me to get used to is that the game HAS to be powered on and off via the switch. Because there is a PC in there, DP included a rather ingenious little board that shuts the PC down properly after the power switch is hit. This, of course is defeated by my wall switch. If you power down via a wall switch (my whole arcade is wired to 8 wall switches) when Windows comes up on the game, it has to deal with the improper shutdown. So, always power the game down via the power button. If you don't like having your monitor and amp on while the machine is shut down, you can try an intelligent power strip like a Belkin Conserve to turn them off after the PC is shut down.

#488 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I installed the Beta code last night. Initial impressions are very good. I noticed that the original code would miss my Heartbeat Ramp shots from time to time and now, it's getting it all the time. I didn't have a lot of time to play last night but it feels a lot more solid.

What is the process for doing the update?

#489 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

What is the process for doing the update?

The update is a "beta" version, not on general release. If you go to the Dutch Pinball site, look in the BOP 2.0 forum and there is a thread on how to sign up. There are some improvements to 1.0 and 2.0 in the beta (and maybe some new bugs, who knows - it's a beta test!)

#490 9 years ago

Awarner - One question though for you and I think I know already but want to make sure. If the game is shut down and I then turn the power off to the game via a wall switch (or just unplug it) will it remember it's settings? I noticed that the board with the batteries is removed but I'm assuming the settings are saved in the CPU hard drive now though.

#491 9 years ago

Has anyone dug into the PC to try to address the 1.0 sound lag? I'm still confused as to why some seem to have it worse than others.

#492 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Awarner - One question though for you and I think I know already but want to make sure. If the game is shut down and I then turn the power off to the game via a wall switch (or just unplug it) will it remember it's settings? I noticed that the board with the batteries is removed but I'm assuming the settings are saved in the CPU hard drive now though.

once the PC is off you can take away power just like any computer, all settings are saved.

#493 9 years ago

Al, you can put a small UPS on the computer and your wall switch will work the same for this game as all your other games! Just be sure that only the computer is attached to the UPS.

--Scott

#494 9 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Al, you can put a small UPS on the computer and your wall switch will work the same for this game as all your other games! Just be sure that only the computer is attached to the UPS.
--Scott

You know if you would code some mini games inside the software like pong or something else that only uses 2 buttons no one would really complain...we could put a 3rd flipper button on the side like bk2k and play space invaders on our pinball machines.

#495 9 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

You know if you would code some mini games inside the software like pong or something else that only uses 2 buttons no one would really complain...we could put a 3rd flipper button on the side like bk2k and play space invaders on our pinball machines.

What?!?

--Scott

#496 9 years ago

Oh you know just trying to turn my Bop 2.0 into a MAME cabinet now. Soon I will have a joystick on the lockdown bar!

#498 9 years ago

I couldn't! I'd be banished from the pinball world if it did it.

#499 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Although it's already been said, yes, your settings are safe. The power for the PC, monitor and amp are on the power strip plugged into the service outlet which is always powered, even if the game's switch is off. So, if the game is plugged in but the switch is off, the Amp, and Monitor are on and doing nothing. I have all of my games on wall switches and I normally turn them off and on that way. If I do that to this, the PC doesn't shut down properly so it doesn't restart properly either. The intelligent power strip will sense that the PC is down and shut off the display and amp, but it'll still have to be shut down at the button.

Incidentally, When I built my VectorMAME machine, I used DOS so it wouldn't care when I shut it down. I'm sure that wasn't an option for BOP 2.0 though...

#500 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I used DOS so it wouldn't care when I shut it down. I'm sure that wasn't an option for BOP 2.0 though...

On the P-ROC forum, someone did look *very* briefly at controlling the P-ROC from DOS but gave up very quickly. DOS doesn't really do USB (which connects the P-ROC to the PC), and even if it can be persuaded then the drivers which allow the comms with the P-ROC don't exist.

Then you add on top of that all the fancy graphics in BOP 2.0 and the fact it uses a newer version of Python than would run in DOS and it's game over.

Ah, the old days

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 3,142 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.