IMG_2416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4224 (resized).jpeg
2023-09-28 12_53_59-Amazon.com_ Alinan 5pcs Button Battery Holder Coin Cell Battery Holder with Swit (resized).png
EFDACD6A-A27D-49B1-99F1-A94B7086313E (resized).jpeg
bop_2_rules (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1756 Product info Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #1758 Availability update Posted by Fourbyracer (7 years ago)

Post #1788 Key workaround info Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #1859 How to backup your ssd drive for BOP 2.0 Posted by awarner (7 years ago)

Post #2104 Betabrite installation notes Posted by mgpasman (6 years ago)

Post #2776 1.21 software update (improved 1.0 support) Posted by KoenHeltzel (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 3,142 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 63.
#1 10 years ago

If you sent in your money for BOP 2.0, You're in! The Dutch Pinball forum should be the main place to get info and share, but I figured that someone would probably start one here anyway so I did.

#2 10 years ago

I'm so excited I can't believe it. BOP was my go to machine when I first started playing pinball so it has a special place in my heart. I'm so glad that it's finally getting the rules I feel it deserves. This announcement along with a small announcement of BOP playfields and plastics being super close has me feeling like a kid at Christmas.

Wen it's all said and done I'll have stupid money in this pin as I'm going to do a full out restore on mine but I figured it's worth it since it will never leave since it has sentimental value to me.

#3 10 years ago

Wha wha wha? New plastics? Is that happening?

...and yay, I'm in the 2.0 club! Order #1!

#4 10 years ago

I guess I am in too. Prototype #2 baby!
--Scott

#5 10 years ago

I'm in! I absolutely love this project so glad I never sold my BOP!! So glad it's in color too!

#6 10 years ago

invoice #3 here.

#7 10 years ago

My Invoice is #52 so I'm late to the party but obviously just as excited. Plus, I'm friends with Python so it's close to my heart in other ways. The color screen is going to make this so much more special. And what did I give up to buy the game and the kit? AC/DC Premium that I lost $1000 on. Yes, that's how excited I am about it.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wha wha wha? New plastics? Is that happening?
...and yay, I'm in the 2.0 club! Order #1!

Planetary quietly announced it in another thread. Hopefully it comes to fruition.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-overlay-attempt#post-1286816

#9 10 years ago

So what do we talk about in these threads, I think you all have asked me enough questions.
--Scott

#10 10 years ago

I guess I'm wondering when we will get details about buying the Color (or Colour) screen. I'd really like to know if this will delay the shipping date or not as well. I asked on the forum, but it hasn't been responded to.

I'd also like to know where they are in the ruleset right now. I know that people can be a pain, but I would feel a lot better about a delay if I knew it was because something wasn't working properly and they were close or not.

The BBB project had an issue where someone was running back to Williams at the first sign of anything Williams going into the game. Capcom was very careful to design everything from scratch. Because of that, information stopped flowing to the buyers. I took two trips and interviewed Gene Cunningham and released parts of the video to keep people happy. I used parts of it in Pins And Vids III but the BBB buyers were able to download more of it, or let's say an uncut version.

That helped until we finally decided to lock down the forum to prevent outside influences from trying to ruin the project.

The delay over a coil bobbin with a Williams part number on it may have added 6 months to the project.

Anyway, BOP 2.0 will ROCK!!!

#11 10 years ago

Still haven't heard anything about the cost of the Color screen. Any word as to when/if we can pre-order it?

1 week later
#12 10 years ago

So the Pre-Orders are on hold while they work out Licensing issues. Am I the only one that's worried that this will de-rail the project?

#13 10 years ago

"Paging TheNoTrashCougar"

Anxious BOP 2.0 folks here that need some reassurance

#14 10 years ago

You know, this was asked about before, but I guess I had assumed that the licensing had been addressed since they had mentioned holding off a pre-order till it was dealt with.

#15 10 years ago

Cougar's been quiet lately as well. Very quiet!

#16 10 years ago

OK, so let me start by saying I'm not trying to cause drama even though this may come out that way but...

Am I the only one that has paid in full that is getting a bit nervous about spending this amount of cash on this and not realizing their were license issues? Had I know that I would have held on to my cash until it was confirmed a go. I thought all that was needed were 20 orders. Seems we were getting a lot of updates about new code, ideas, color DMD and then it went dark.

I know how sensitive this subject is and I haven't reached out to them about a potential refund yet, but my excitement has gradually started to turn to nervousness. I sure hope we hear something soon and that orders start being built first of Jan as what was originally discussed.

#17 10 years ago

All is well guys, please don't get nervous... things (like licensing) take time, and we have to comply with the wishes of parties involved to keep everybody happy. We hope to update you soon on this subject as well as the color display upgrade, still working out the details on that one.

We have top men working on it right now... top... men

#18 10 years ago

Yes, progress is still being made. No worries guys.
--Scott

#19 10 years ago

Just got newsletter number 2 and they are including the color DMD with all paid orders at no extra charge. This is freaking awesome! Thank you BOP 2.0 team.

I should add they said that those that didn't order the DMD will have the option to add the color for DMD.

BOP 2.0 team - I saw the second part of the letter and couldn't help but feel guilty. I hope my comments about my nerves didn't cause you any issues. I've been a victim of identity thief once and fraud once and I've been extra careful since then and I get nervous quick with internet deals now. Again, I sincerely apologize if my post caused you challenges.

#20 10 years ago

I hope the extra I have to pay to get the Color DMD will be the same as I would have paid for the other one.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Just got newsletter number 2 and they are including the color DMD with all paid orders at no extra charge. This is freaking awesome! Thank you BOP 2.0 team.
I should add they said that those that didn't order the DMD will have the option to add the color for DMD.
BOP 2.0 team - I saw the second part of the letter and couldn't help but feel guilty. I hope my comments about my nerves didn't cause you any issues. I've been a victim of identity thief once and fraud once and I've been extra careful since then and I get nervous quick with internet deals now. Again, I sincerely apologize if my post caused you challenges.

No worries at all. We just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of our current status.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I hope the extra I have to pay to get the Color DMD will be the same as I would have paid for the other one.

This is correct. We will be giving the option for you to upgrade to the Color DMD for the same cost as the LED DMD would have been. We feel this is a far superior technology and will not even be offering the standard DMD kits anymore.

#22 10 years ago

Holy shit more exciting news!

#23 10 years ago

OK, so Dutch Pinball announced TBL and they are shipping the games bought in the US from a US location. Can our kits be shipped that way as well?

#24 10 years ago

Hey Al,
I believe all the parts of the kits will be assembled in the US and shipped from here. We are trying to make it as streamlined and affordable as possible. This is not final, but we will keep you posted when we have more information. Thanks,
--Scott

#25 10 years ago

I don't think anyone should feel guilty about asking questions others must have on their minds. I am happy as pie this kit is being made available, don't get me wrong. But I trustingly wired money to a country many miles away to order the kit, then a few months later get a newsletter letting us know that there is a licensing issue that is being worked out. No, don't want a refund...would have preferred that the licensing issue was brought to our attention before money was expected to be wired. I can't be the only one. Personally, I don't have an unlimited pile of money sitting around earmarked "pinball".

Again, I am very excited about this project -- I just bought my BOP specifically because of this project and look forward to the announcement of the repo playfield and plastics set from PPS.

Yep, just my opinion.
Brad, Vacaville, CA, #19

Quoted from 85vett:

#26 10 years ago

Hey Brad,
Who said we were having "licensing issues"? We are just in the final stages of the license agreement with the respected companies. This is a very common thing for the licensors to approve the final design of a product that contains their IP. Nothing to worry about. We were just being respectful and stopping pre-orders until we get the final word from the companies.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
--Scott

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey Brad,
Who said we were having "licensing issues"? We are just in the final stages of the license agreement with the respected companies. This is a very common thing for the licensors to approve the final design of a product that contains their IP. Nothing to worry about. We were just being respectful and stopping pre-orders until we get the final word from the companies.
Hope that makes sense.
Thanks,
--Scott

You make it sound like a good thing... <grin>

I'm OK with a delay, I'm working on my BOP to get it ready for the kit.

#28 10 years ago

I am just putting the finishing touches on my full BoP restore. I have owned it for 2 years and this was the incentive I needed to fix her up.

I am paid and ready for 2.0....

#29 10 years ago

anyone know about a warranty or tech service for bop 2.0 ?

#30 10 years ago

Hi Scott,

Regarding the original software emulaiton, will we be able to choose the rom version we would like to use or to replace the rom image that will be used by another one with a different revision ?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

anyone know about a warranty or tech service for bop 2.0 ?

This has not been finalized, but will be communicated before the kits ship.

Quoted from kosmo:

Hi Scott,
Regarding the original software emulaiton, will we be able to choose the rom version we would like to use or to replace the rom image that will be used by another one with a different revision ?

I suspect you are asking because of the bug that is in the L-7 version. At this point the rom version is not selectable. We will not package the code with a rom that has the mutliplayer bug in it.

Thanks,
--Scott

#32 10 years ago

Indeed, i'm asking because of the various bugs (multiplayer game resets when billionaire's club is reached, music cuts out at game's end when some balls are still present on the face).

Another reason is if planetary pinball does release an updated/bug free/led friendly rom for the bop, i would like to order a set and be able to use it on my machine.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from kosmo:

Indeed, i'm asking because of the various bugs (multiplayer game resets when billionaire's club is reached, music cuts out at game's end when some balls are still present on the face).
Another reason is if planetary pinball does release an updated/bug free/led friendly rom for the bop, i would like to order a set and be able to use it on my machine.

Keep in mind that if Planetary Pinball updates the roms for BoP, we could potentially include it as an update or instruct our customers how to download the images from PPS and update the roms on the machine themselves (depending on the legal fine print). This has been taken into consideration. Thanks,
--Scott

#34 10 years ago

I asked this on the DP Forum, but got no response.

So the DIY audio people like myself would love to know some specs so we can prepare for the kit's arrival:

1) What size speaker is the speaker panel set up for?
2) Does the computer being used have a digital out or is it analog only?
3) Are there audio controls already built into the software or will the amp we install have to do all of it?

Feel free to elaborate.

Thanks!

#35 10 years ago

Fair enough, my bad. Perhaps I made a bad choice in my use of words. I should have used the term "licensing details" instead.
thanks for clarification
Brad, Vacaville #19 and still as happy as pie.

Hey Brad,
Hope that makes sense.
Thanks,
--Scott

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut:

Fair enough, my bad. Perhaps I made a bad choice in my use of words. I should have used the term "licensing details" instead.
thanks for clarification
Brad, Vacaville #19 and still as happy as pie.

No worries man. It's all good.

Quoted from awarner:

I asked this on the DP Forum, but got no response.
So the DIY audio people like myself would love to know some specs so we can prepare for the kit's arrival:
1) What size speaker is the speaker panel set up for?
2) Does the computer being used have a digital out or is it analog only?
3) Are there audio controls already built into the software or will the amp we install have to do all of it?
Feel free to elaborate.
Thanks!

Hey Al,
The speaker system we will be using for the kits contains 5 inch speakers and subwoofer. We have not put in the final production order yet, so please hold off on buying anything for your kit. The computer will be using an analog stereo output to the external amplifier (standard headphone jack). The Amp will be handling everything (including crossover and EQ) except for the pre-amp volume, which will be handled by the computer via the service buttons.

Thanks,
--Scott

#37 10 years ago

If I remember correctly, the audio package was also optional. I'm working out an inexpensive audio system for my game. If anyone would like to collaborate on it, please let me know.

I'm going to try this as an amp:
ebay.com link: ws

And I see that our local Fry's has Polk 10" powered subwoofers for $80 in this week's ad.

I need to come up with an audio system for a pinball machine anyway so it's a good experiment anyway.

Now for the main speakers...

#38 10 years ago

I think you may end up spending more on parts than our kits would have cost. We are using Flipper Fidelity speakers with active crossovers. It's actually a really loud system. We overpowered 3 WOZ machines at expo last year and we were only on about 70%. Sorry guys, I know it was loud, but we definitely drove it hard to prove reliability.
--Scott

#39 10 years ago

How much was the Audio kit? I forget and the order page is still down. At the time, I figured it was one less thing that had to be shipped from The Netherlands...

#40 10 years ago

It was 100 Euros. So like $800 US dollars? (joke)

$136.00 US for speakers and the amp.

#41 10 years ago

Just bumping this to see if their has been any progress with buttoning up the licenses. Hopefully production will start soon.

#42 10 years ago

I'm picking up a bride this weekend on a deal I made last weekend. I just now discovered this this afternoon and now I guess I have plans to mod a machine I haven't even had in my posession for 5 minutes yet. How much is the kit supposed to cost? Because this looks totally freaking awesome!!!

#43 10 years ago

In Euros........
Bride of Pinbot 2.0 Upgrade Kit € 995,00
Vishay Color LED DMD € 200.00
Speaker set and 2.1 amplifier € 100.00

Total Amount: € 1,295.00

#44 10 years ago

About $1800 usd

#45 10 years ago

Vishay Displays will no longer be included in this kit. We are going to be including color displays for all full orders at no extra cost. If you want to upgrade your prior pre-order (that did not include a display) to include the color display, send an email to [email protected] and we can modify it for you. If you already ordered a full kit, you don't need to do anything, you are covered.

We are still definitely making progress with the kit. Stay tuned.

--Scott

#46 10 years ago

We are still definitely making progress with the kit. Stay tuned.
--Scott

Great news. and by "progress" do you mean "progress with Stefanie"?

(Is this bordering on harassment yet?)

3 weeks later
#47 10 years ago

Anyone hear of any progress on the licensing details? If I remember correctly they were supposed to start on this by end of January.
thanks, Brad

1 month later
#49 9 years ago

Figured I'd revitalize this thread:

DUTCH PINBALL PARTNERS WITH PLANETARY PINBALL AS GLOBAL LICENSEE OF THE MACHINE: BRIDE OF PIN•BOT™ TO PRODUCE BRIDE OF PIN•BOT 2.0.

REUVER, THE NETHERLANDS, March 28, 2014 — Dutch Pinball is partnering with Planetary Pinball Supply, Inc. (PPS) as the licensee for The Machine; Bride of Pin•Bot™ for the exclusive global production of Bride of Pinbot 2.0™. The joint announcement is made by Barry Driessen of Dutch Pinball and Rick Bartlett of PPS.

The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot was released by Williams in 1991 as the second game in the Pin•Bot series. Over 8,000 pinball machines were produced and sold. The new conversion kit is built upon a new control system, and can be optionally equipped with a color display and high fidelity speaker set.

The Bride of Pinbot 2.0 game conversion kit brings players a brand new gaming experience with a completely revamped rules sheet, full stereo music and sound effects, and 3-D DMD animations, but honors the spirit of the classic game in terms of visuals and sounds. According to Barry Driessen of Dutch Pinball, “As huge fans of the original Bride, we wanted our upgrade kit to stay true to the original. We’ve incorporated the original game into the software and were even fortunate enough to have Stephanie Rogers, the original voice of The Machine, record the new callouts for the upgrade kit.”

Rick Bartlett of PPS added, “The Dutch Pinball team have worked with PPS and in turn we have worked with WMS resulting in an official way to extend the rules and features of existing WMS games while keeping the originality, which opens up another new chapter in making pinball more fun for everyone.”

Preorders for Bride of Pinbot 2.0 are now available at http://www.dutchpinball.com.
The kit will ship in the second quarter of 2014.

#50 9 years ago

Thanks Al. I wish that Dutch Pinball would say more about what is going on now that they have the licensing figured out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Led
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 49.99
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
Decals
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 27.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
Other
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,142 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.