image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
download_(resized).jpg
TBL_(resized).png
TBL_(resized).png
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razerx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Playing the in wild -- a dying breed, given how hard it is to find games in the wild, although maybe easier then it was 10 years ago. The focus was on buyers and pricing, but sounds like you are a close fit for bucket 2, like NIB, but price conscious and theme is very important.

Gonna have to disagree with you on this one. There is increasingly more pinball found on location to play, especially over the past few years. Several large locations just in the Chicago area. During this time, Emporium went from 1 to 3 locations, Headquarters opened 2 locations, Logan arcade, Level 257, Punch Bowl, Chicago Street in Joliet, etc. Not to mention many of the smaller locations. The evidence suggests otherwise. Maybe you need to get out in the wild a little more

#205 8 years ago

This is what you said:

Quoted from rosh:

Playing the in wild -- a dying breed, given how hard it is to find games in the wild, although maybe easier then it was 10 years ago.

Playing in the wild is hardly a dying breed, especially when there has been so much recent growth. I see and know plenty of people who get out there and play on location but have very few to no pinball at home and many of them are younger than me. Location pinball will never return to what it was in the 90's though, that much we can agree on.

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

It's a dying breed in France for sure. Far more places getting rid of pins than wanting to get one. I actually should update some locations on the pin map nearby and delete them as pins are gone. The ones that remain are often barely functional.
A local Coin op mentioned that a bubble gum distributor (which costs 50x less than a pin) makes more money than his pins. No / Zero / Nada chance an operator would buy a NIB pin for more than 6000 euros - the max price they were ready to pay was more like 4000 euros (excluding sales tax)... even stern pros are now above that threshold.
The pinball renaissance you are seeing is not a general phenomenon.
Hopefully the pinball agony I am seeing is not general either.

That's unfortunate and I guess I'm not surprised. With the exchange rate plus import taxes, I don't see how it could be viable to operate new Stern games there which would leave you with more older games and older games typically require more maintenance. Operating new games in the US is expensive enough and the operator has to rely on a games residual value to even make it work here. The days of games fully paying for themselves are long gone. Hopefully things turn around for you over there. Maybe once Heighway get's their legs under them and they start pumping out product in quantities, there will be a more cost effective alternative for Europe than Stern.

Quoted from rosh:

Not sure the growth is universal, across the country or globe. Big metropolitan areas seem to have the resurgence, not sure that has spread all over. And you are certainly correct, I am not as focused as I once was in finding machines on location since I started collecting (which was when the arcade near me shut down in 99, and that I later learned was a beta test site for Williams -- which explained why the place had a killer lineup). Now I need to go no further than my basement or go to your basement or lionman's basement or PBL or . . .

Yeah, it's obvious by the responses that it's not universal and Chicago's no Portland, but we have seen a nice bump here. Stern's success can't be exclusively attributed to the home collector either though. And you're right, it's easy to get spoiled with so many good basement collections around.

Now back on topic, waiting for DP to deliver, so we can get out there and play some TBL on location.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9.95
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razerx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-kits?tu=razerx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.