Topic Stats

• 219 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mswhat
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
download_(resized).jpg
TBL_(resized).png
TBL_(resized).png
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Have plans to go to TPF myself and dont want agry people lynchen all Dutch attendees

Don't worry, Texas is an "open carry" state now, meaning you'll see it coming!

#91 4 years ago

It's a HUGE price increase as others have said with the rise of the dollar.

The price point is absurd with all the other options available.

On the other hand, they should do well with the Euros and the Aussies who are already used to getting F Ed on the exchange rate

These guys haven't proven themselves to be business geniuses

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

True, but wasn't that also the case when they set the original price that equaled 6163 euros.
Even if the original price didn't take shipping from Europe to the US into consideration, I think by expo 2014 they had announced the machines would be shipping from the US. The price was still the same and the exchange rate was around 0.8, so $8500 = 6800 euros at that time.

The price was shipped to Chicago with Phil or some other distribution point. Then you had to get it home.

Regardless, who is going to pay $10k for a pin with DP that might never see #2 and zero support?

If it gets done, I'm guessing this will be a one off. $10k pins will be a snooze fest here.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Maybe $9995 is just the MSRP?

Even if $8495 is the MSRP this pin won't sell.

It's DOA.

They have F ed up the whole launch for years now.

Licensing issues are a joke. I hope they can survive but they don't get to extract stupid profits from their own stupidity.

#101 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

TBL is popular here.
$9k+ pins not so much.

Well they are arrogant and clueless Jim.

The current people that have paid should hope to get their pin and not on the hope of some $10k ponzi scheme to pay for it.

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Just like Hobbit?

Are you getting a dozen or so at $10k? Pathetic.

TH is x10 this disaster. And it will sell in the thousands, this joke at $10k won't leave a skid mark.

And even if TH is a joke at $8500, which it is, its MILES beyond this thing.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

This. Also it should be a much higher quality, more heavily featured product than any Stern.

And where are the "production units"?

This has been a Cluster F from the get go.

The Big Bend Over.

It's not like it's the second coming of pinball. WPT is x 10.

They have F ed this thing up so bad it's unreal, maybe the local Euros will buy it without the shipping.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They are literally building them right now.
Place your bets, paraquats!!!

Pics or it isn't happening?

Who is "they" and if/when you get a pin it will be the end of DP as a pin maker in the US.

#116 4 years ago

And we all did the Jpop dance together with Bill and you guys.

IF they get a pin out the door, there may be a handful of dummies that will pay $10k for this fiasco. But I seriously doubt it.

And Alien is SO much better for SO much less $$$.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if the game is impressive, and this one is. not $9500 impressive, but impressive.

You aren't dropping more than $6k Neo so does it even matter?

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, Jpop never had a factory, never built working prototypes, and never built engineering samples. Dutch has.

Where are the pins? They do have in common a ridiculous $10k price tag. This is one and done if they can even get it out.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes it does, because if it was 6k, I'd be on the phone right now ordering one. If the dollar gets stronger, 6k might not be that far off.

DP seems to go in the other direction. As the dollar gets stronger you'll pay more.

These guys don't have a clue.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Currently being built...and it was $8500
Please stop projecting your Jpop anger onto this project. You made a terrible choice. Lebowski buyers didn't. Sorry.

Gregory, the TBL apologist, as always, 24/7

On an island by yourself. And you got ripped off at $8500.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Meaningless from a Jpop cult member.

And meaningless from a DP cult clueless member. I'm over Jpop, what are you crying about now?

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nothing. You're just being a jagoff and have a it out for a company you know nothing about. You're lying, slandering, and insulting people. So I'm calling you out on it. Jagoff.

Shall I shed a tear for you crybaby? What do you know? NOTHING.

$10k is a JOKE, so is $9k

And I don't care when/if a pin "arrives", too many other great options compared to this inferior product imo

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, I'm having flashbacks, can't tell if it's latent LSD kicking in or just watching Doug and Greg going at it like it's 2014!

Yep, except this time I get the last laugh with Greg, even though I really don't like to see it happen.

This pin at $8500 is a ripoff if it ever arrives. The lower play field is BORING, the upper is WPT light and the rest is a skittles fest.

I'm falling asleep even thinking about it.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I know the facts. I've played the game. They're being built. You're an bitter, ignorant, arrogant, liar. Sorry you gave $10k to a clown and got nothing. Or was it more? Did you buy two games? Idiot.

Sorry numby, but I only lost $3500. And i don't care one bit.

You, are the clown, and you don't see it, but then again, you are the pathetic DP defender.

No other clowns like yourself will buy this dog for $10k

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You literally don't understand life.
I bought a game and will get a game.
You bought a game and got nothing. I guess that's funny...enjoy your laugh!

Trust me, I'm laughing my A** off at you.

I could care less about peanuts lost, watching you as the lone ranger TBL defender is priceless.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

As always, EVERYTHING YOU SAY is WRONG! ALWAYS! How do you function day to day?

I function very successfully, getting under your skin Gregory? Looks like it.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are you comparing yourself to a splinter, disease or tiny insect?

Haha, I'm not part of some BS union so I function just fine!

At the end of the day, ALIEN will blow this turd away for a lot less.

Stay fixated on Jpop

I'll tell you what, STFU until you can show me a pin. And then, if you roll it out of the box and can sell it for more than $8k I'd be shocked. You are stuck.

#146 4 years ago

Like it or not, $10k is a F ing JOKE.

#173 4 years ago

Fun stuff. Loosen up a bit. I'm done aggravating poor Greg

The "fact" still remains that it is WAY overpriced and I'd say the same thing about TH but hey, if it floats your boat knock yourselves out

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

yeah it has some very nice features but please explain to me how TBL trumps GOTLE or STLE, WOZ and TH and so on. I'm not knocking the game or the price just curious.

It's easy to explain, it doesn't trump anything. When it finally gets delivered and we can see the whole package then we'll see how it measures up.

#191 4 years ago

What we do know at least from Stern and JJP's part is they pay close attention daily to what is expressed on Pinside.

Stern has done a much better job recently with code and updates. Other changes coming in 2016 that benefits us the consumer.

Price being another issue, the "buy it or don't" mantra means what?

As prices go higher and higher the "don't" column is going to add up more and more.

We just saw this with SMVE. I don't know about OPs and what they need to pay to make it profitable but I can't imagine an endless flow of $8k plus games and HUO people screaming "take my money" over and over.

#201 4 years ago

We are lucky in south Texas to have Pinballz in Austin, and a few others, to get to play just about any pin you can imagine, including some EMs.

They opened another location south of Austin in Kyle which is fantastic too.

Denver and Breckenridge are excellent pin in the wild locations too

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside