image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
download_(resized).jpg
TBL_(resized).png
TBL_(resized).png
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 8 years ago

Man, it would be amazing if TBL starting shipping next month.

Sucks that the price has crept so ridiculously high though.

At the 2014 Expo I was so over the moon over this game, I freely admit I drank the kool aid big time. Phil talked me into signing up for the game with no money down, told me I wouldn't have to pay in until the January payments. Figured I'd sell my Scared Stiff to front the bulk of the cash during that time and just pay the extra couple grand. It was what? $8500 then? Felt high, but I was hooked on it all. Figured WTF, why not.

I signed up on the flight home that same day.

Fast forward to when the first payment was due, I feel like this was just a couple weeks before Philgate. My high had worn off, and I just couldn't deal with the pre-order roller coaster. Felt like too much money for a pin, let alone a pre-order. Told Barry I was backing out, didn't ever send them a dime.

Was easy to not regret that when the shit with the money went south. That seemed crazy stressful. All of you who rode that out have cast iron stomachs!

Now with the game about to ship I can't honestly say I regret backing out, all my reasons still stand. But it sucks that the price has shot up to $10k, no one game is worth that much to me. I can't see ever trying to get one again.

But I'm definitely stoked that they're hopefully shipping soon, and can't wait to see the final production game.

1 week later
#69 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Going forward the new pricing gives them capital to make their business survive. They have something like 7 or 8 guys working on this. I would imagine they'd like to get paid someday. I also imagine they don't want to make just 191 games. This is the new entry cost.

I just wonder what kind of market there is with this kind of entry cost. I mean $10k for a pin is just getting pretty expensive. We're at literally double Stern Pro territory here.

I still think the game is awesome, I mean, a freaking Big Lebowski pin, it still blows my mind that it's happening at all.

But it's a somewhat niche theme (hardcore following, but not very wide) and a really ridiculous price. Can they get much more interest at that price? I wonder what the bowling lower playfield adds to the BOM?

I just hope that they stay in business, do a second pin, and that's it not quite so expensive. I like DP in pinball, just can't swallow the 5 figure cost.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I wish we had more Pinball 2000 I could put an extra game under all my pins and double my collection without eating up more space!!!

That's the model that Heighway is using, swappable games like Pin2k. See if it takes off or not.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well you know the cure for that!

Didn't cost me $10k either!

#87 8 years ago

Consider me educated on exchange rates.

The no-shipping price did include it being in the US though, so it was only local ground shipping.

#94 8 years ago

It is what it is, we don't run DP's business. I'm just lamenting that while I backed out at $8500, I kinda hoped that once they were shipping I might suck it up and get back in. At $10k it's not even a fantasy, that's just ridiculous for me personally to spend on a single pin.

Maybe in Europe they're used to it, who knows, but here in the US there's no way I'm spending that for any game. Dream theme or otherwise.

If someone does a hand painted Star Wars game, where all the costumes are replaced with samurai uniforms and RZA does interpretations of the John Williams soundtrack we can talk about it. Until then though ...

#130 8 years ago

Man, I'm having flashbacks, can't tell if it's latent LSD kicking in or just watching Doug and Greg going at it like it's 2014!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-kits?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.