Topic Stats

• 219 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mswhat
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
download_(resized).jpg
TBL_(resized).png
TBL_(resized).png
image_(resized).png

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

TBL is popular here.
$9k+ pins not so much.

Well they are arrogant and clueless Jim.

The current people that have paid should hope to get their pin and not on the hope of some $10k ponzi scheme to pay for it.

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Just like Hobbit?

Are you getting a dozen or so at $10k? Pathetic.

TH is x10 this disaster. And it will sell in the thousands, this joke at $10k won't leave a skid mark.

And even if TH is a joke at $8500, which it is, its MILES beyond this thing.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I do see where you're coming from, but there is a sizeable pinball market in Europe and TBL has cost me significantly less than a Stern LE or premium. Therefore while they may be losing potential sales in the States, it's still a very attractive price for us over here.

This. Also it should be a much higher quality, more heavily featured product than any Stern.

Then you talk about cost of raw materials vs Stern or JJP's, rent, and wages - all of which will be higher or massively higher than NJ or Chicago. I suspect the guys doing assembly once mass production starts will get paid an absolute minimum of double what Stern pay. Holland can be a very expensive place to do business, though it makes up for much of this with a highly skilled and highly educated labour market.

If they're ripping people off, then the incumbents are robbing people.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

This. Also it should be a much higher quality, more heavily featured product than any Stern.

And where are the "production units"?

This has been a Cluster F from the get go.

The Big Bend Over.

It's not like it's the second coming of pinball. WPT is x 10.

They have F ed this thing up so bad it's unreal, maybe the local Euros will buy it without the shipping.

#105 4 years ago

I went on record saying this game would never see the light of day and so far I like my odds.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I went on record saying this game would never see the light of day and so far I like my odds.

I wouldn't take your odds, Your winning now but your going to lose. However, Vegas was never built on winners or wait maybe it was.
They did lose $743.7 million in fiscal 2014. Ouch!

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

download_(resized).jpg

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

They are literally building them right now.

Place your bets, paraquats!!!

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What!! Where are the photos of the assembly line filled with busy workers and partially assembled games? How dare they start without properly informing us!

#111 4 years ago

I'd be in at $8,500. At 10k, I'm out.

#112 4 years ago

I.just paid 10K for a CC, I feel it's a better investment . I'm still waiting for MMR, I support coin taker, great people , I will never pre order again, I wish DP the best, @ 8500 and ready to ship , ok

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So was JPop! Doh!

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Place your bets, paraquats!!!

Pics or it isn't happening?

Who is "they" and if/when you get a pin it will be the end of DP as a pin maker in the US.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

What!! Where are the photos of the assembly line filled with busy workers and partially assembled games? How dare they start without properly informing us!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/17

#116 4 years ago

And we all did the Jpop dance together with Bill and you guys.

IF they get a pin out the door, there may be a handful of dummies that will pay $10k for this fiasco. But I seriously doubt it.

And Alien is SO much better for SO much less $$$.

#117 4 years ago

so if the euro is weaker, we should be able to get these cheaper right now. Damn I love this game, but I will not shell out that much for a NIB game under any circumstances. but I love the details, layout and the way the rules are going. So much detail in this game. Looks fantastic. And I don't even care for the movie. But theme doesn't really mean anything, if the game is impressive, and this one is. not $9500 impressive, but impressive.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

So was JPop! Doh!

No, Jpop never had a factory, never built working prototypes, and never built engineering samples. Dutch has.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if the game is impressive, and this one is. not $9500 impressive, but impressive.

You aren't dropping more than $6k Neo so does it even matter?

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You aren't dropping more than $6k Neo so does it even matter?

yes it does, because if it was 6k, I'd be on the phone right now ordering one. If the dollar gets stronger, 6k might not be that far off.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, Jpop never had a factory, never built working prototypes, and never built engineering samples. Dutch has.

Where are the pins? They do have in common a ridiculous $10k price tag. This is one and done if they can even get it out.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Where are the pins? They do have in common a ridiculous $10k price tag. This is one and done if they can even get it out.

Currently being built...and it was $8500

Please stop projecting your Jpop anger onto this project. You made a terrible choice. Lebowski buyers didn't. Sorry.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes it does, because if it was 6k, I'd be on the phone right now ordering one. If the dollar gets stronger, 6k might not be that far off.

DP seems to go in the other direction. As the dollar gets stronger you'll pay more.

These guys don't have a clue.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Currently being built...and it was $8500
Please stop projecting your Jpop anger onto this project. You made a terrible choice. Lebowski buyers didn't. Sorry.

Gregory, the TBL apologist, as always, 24/7

On an island by yourself. And you got ripped off at $8500.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gregory, the TBL apologist.
On an island by yourself. And you got ripped off at $8500.

Meaningless from a Jpop cult member.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Meaningless from a Jpop cult member.

And meaningless from a DP cult clueless member. I'm over Jpop, what are you crying about now?

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And meaningless from a DP cult clueless member. I'm over Jpop, what are you crying about now?

Nothing. You're just being a jagoff and have a it out for a company you know nothing about. You're lying, slandering, and insulting people. So I'm calling you out on it. Jagoff.

I was right about Jpop and I'm right about this.

Looking forward to your apology when my game arrives.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nothing. You're just being a jagoff and have a it out for a company you know nothing about. You're lying, slandering, and insulting people. So I'm calling you out on it. Jagoff.

Shall I shed a tear for you crybaby? What do you know? NOTHING.

$10k is a JOKE, so is $9k

And I don't care when/if a pin "arrives", too many other great options compared to this inferior product imo

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

So was JPop! Doh!

No he wasn't, JPOP never had anything close to a fully functioning game! FFS he didn't even know how the Mechs/toys were supposed to work on MG and he designed them.

#130 4 years ago

Man, I'm having flashbacks, can't tell if it's latent LSD kicking in or just watching Doug and Greg going at it like it's 2014!

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Shall I shed a tear for you crybaby? What do you know? NOTHING.
$10k is a JOKE, so is $9k

I know the facts. I've played the game. They're being built. You're an bitter, ignorant, arrogant, liar. Sorry you gave $10k to a clown and got nothing. Or was it more? Did you buy two games? Idiot.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, I'm having flashbacks, can't tell if it's latent LSD kicking in or just watching Doug and Greg going at it like it's 2014!

Yep, except this time I get the last laugh with Greg, even though I really don't like to see it happen.

This pin at $8500 is a ripoff if it ever arrives. The lower play field is BORING, the upper is WPT light and the rest is a skittles fest.

I'm falling asleep even thinking about it.

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep, except this time I get the last laugh with Greg, even though I really don't like to see it happen.

You literally don't understand life.

I bought a game and will get a game.

You bought a game and got nothing. I guess that's funny...enjoy your laugh!

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And we all did the Jpop dance together with Bill and you guys.
IF they get a pin out the door, there may be a handful of dummies that will pay $10k for this fiasco. But I seriously doubt it.

Each their own I guess
i haven't seen anything that has me super into Aliens yet.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I know the facts. I've played the game. They're being built. You're an bitter, ignorant, arrogant, liar. Sorry you gave $10k to a clown and got nothing. Or was it more? Did you buy two games? Idiot.

Sorry numby, but I only lost $3500. And i don't care one bit.

You, are the clown, and you don't see it, but then again, you are the pathetic DP defender.

No other clowns like yourself will buy this dog for $10k

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You literally don't understand life.
I bought a game and will get a game.
You bought a game and got nothing. I guess that's funny...enjoy your laugh!

Trust me, I'm laughing my A** off at you.

I could care less about peanuts lost, watching you as the lone ranger TBL defender is priceless.

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry numby, but I only lost $3500. And i don't care one bit.
You, are the clown, and you don't see it, but then again, you are the pathetic DP defender.
No other clowns like yourself will buy this dog for $10k

Glug glug glug glug glug glug...is it right to argue with an alcoholic on a forum? Glug glug glug glug.

I bought one DP game, and now own it: BOP 2.0.
I bought the other, and it's shipping soon.

You have zero proof of the lies you spew. Your opinion of the game is irrelevant.

As always, EVERYTHING YOU SAY is WRONG! ALWAYS! How do you function day to day?

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

As always, EVERYTHING YOU SAY is WRONG! ALWAYS! How do you function day to day?

I function very successfully, getting under your skin Gregory? Looks like it.

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

HAHAHA - how did I miss this gem!? ALIEN!? So - you're disparaging a game that's been FULLY BUILT and PLAYED at multiple shows and is getting ready to ship.....but you're defending a game that isn't even remotely close to being done yet!?!? All you've seen is a playfield! BWHAHAHAHAHA....it's your Jpop M.O. all over again. You have life dyslexia.

***Let it be known that I have no doubts that Alien will be finished and built...it's just absurd to say a game is "better" when it's not even a game yet.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I function very successfully, getting under your skin Gregory? Looks like it.

Are you comparing yourself to a splinter, disease or tiny insect?

#141 4 years ago

Well.....just gonna go ahead and army crawl out of this thread....

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are you comparing yourself to a splinter, disease or tiny insect?

Haha, I'm not part of some BS union so I function just fine!

At the end of the day, ALIEN will blow this turd away for a lot less.

Stay fixated on Jpop

I'll tell you what, STFU until you can show me a pin. And then, if you roll it out of the box and can sell it for more than $8k I'd be shocked. You are stuck.

#143 4 years ago

Isn't pinball supposed to be fun? This isn't fun!

#144 4 years ago

Rarehero, pull out! You're surrounded by ignored user posts..

#145 4 years ago

Take it to PM..

#146 4 years ago

Like it or not, $10k is a F ing JOKE.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You made a terrible choice. Lebowski buyers didn't.

That's because Lebowski buyers were stoned when they pre-ordered.

Quoted from sd_tom:

Rarehero, pull out! You're surrounded by ignored user posts..

Nah, just shows you ignored the wrong guy.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Well.....just gonna go ahead and army crawl out of this thread....

But don't you want to find out who is the bigger jagoff/idiot/clown/numby?

#149 4 years ago

IMHO, the money is in the game. Look at all the features..Hand drawn art, Color display, Leds, Upper playfield with bowling alley and hidden car bash toy. Main playfield with rug bash toy, lighted drink, ball return tray, and custom pop bumpers. Lower playfield with complete bowling alley - it's insane how much is in this game. Chrome package, and a rug that will tie your whole room together - there really isn't a game to compare to this one. DP loves pinball, and it shows.

#150 4 years ago

Wow, this thread exploded. Wish only that some people would take the fighting to PM. But it's Pinside and it has happened befor and will happen again

When talking about exchange rate, yep the dollar is stronger so pricing should decrease. However, it is not that the dollar is stronger but the euro is weaker.

So parts coming from outside Europe all have become more expensive. Think not only about flippermech's but also displays, computer etc. so the advantage vapors quickly

On a personal note : DP is working hard to get the job done and very likely those visiting TPF will see the latest result of their work. My personal thoughts of a Dutchman

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 43.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside