Topic Stats

• 218 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mswhat
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
download_(resized).jpg
TBL_(resized).png
TBL_(resized).png
image_(resized).png

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 2 years ago

We are now taking pre-orders for TBL pinball.

To place your orders, please call Melissa @ 570-847-9595.

#2 2 years ago

Is the price $1995.00?

#3 2 years ago

#4 2 years ago

What advantage does a buyer have with preordering?

#5 2 years ago

Oh................SOOO very tempting......hmmmmmm.........

#6 2 years ago

I think most are burned on preordering.

When will Cointaker have these in stock?
I would only be interested in them then

#7 2 years ago

Is $9950 the suggested retail price, or is that the actual price?

#8 2 years ago

I LOVE the theme, loved the first vids of the prototypes, HATED the price, at 10K hate it even more now especially since they gutted the movie assets and music. F this pinflation. Sad to say I supported the initiation of it with JJPs WoZ, I felt $6500 to help give Gary Stern some competition would be a good thing. I compounded my mistake by going $7500++ for THSE (cab decals and pf protector) Little did I know it would all lead to price fixing in the industry. $6500 > $7500 > $8500 to now $9500 for a red Woz (that's bs) Stern quickly followed suit in pricing if not quality (sigh) $9500 for a MMr rehash? (no thanks)

So I participated in the inflation of pinball prices, my bad. Enough is enough. Best of luck to DP and the rest but not really, I hope they all fall flat on their faces on sales and are forced to bring their prices back into the real world so the average bankroll ops and collectors can buy.

#9 2 years ago

Finally, a pin that's basically 10k before Christmas

#10 2 years ago

Last year at Expo this game was so exciting. This year at expo it fell totally flat. There seemed like there was zero progress on the game from the year before. Same mechanical issues that plagued it the year before and no progress in rules or modes. Gameplay felt very bland and boring. I hope DP turns this around and proves me wrong but it seems like they are going backward instead of forward.

#11 2 years ago

Everything is bland the longer you wait... Case in point: Hobbit. Sounded cool the first time it was announced.... but after YEARS of waiting with basically the same demo games.... I'm Meh. I haven't even tried to play it at the last few shows.

Back to Topic... GLWS, Cointaker.

#12 2 years ago

Yeah I think at this point, sales will come after the game is shipping. There have been setbacks, but in truth, these setbacks matter more to rabid fans (myself) of the movie than will actually affect game play. And most of those folks got in on the original pre order and yeah.. We're indeed getting a bit "meh" with the delays and lost ground against our expectations.

Once things start shipping, just like with WOZ and MMR pre orders our moods will swing positive again I'm sure.

And good luck to coin taker in this endeavor! Have always had great service from them! The games will sell once we get over these doldrums, no doubt about that.

4 weeks later
#13 2 years ago

Because of the price, this game won't sell. I have a feeling DP will loose there shirt on this one and disappear.. Good luck getting parts for the 3 machines they sold. I'm happy with my $3000 Whitewater. Thx. Gotta give a clap out to DP for trying tho, good luck!

#14 2 years ago

im with Andrew on this.

#15 2 years ago

My husband and I really want a game with an LCD display and so many are in development right now. Hopefully one gets released soon other than WOZ.

#16 2 years ago

This was a movie most people don't or didn't know about. One of the best in my opinion though. For me it is a shame about how clips and music has had to change. Wish all could see that the original idea would be good advertising for their movie and soundtrack which is awesome. But they don't . Game in my opinion is going to be great still.

#17 2 years ago

DP/TBL has taken around 200 orders that have been paid up.

#18 2 years ago

If they dropped the price 3k they would sell 10X more. Not to me though. It misses the mark without the music and clips. Tragic really.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

If they dropped the price 3k they would sell 10X more. Not to me though. It misses the mark without the music and clips. Tragic really.

It has music and clips.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Because of the price, this game won't sell. I have a feeling DP will loose there shirt on this one and disappear.. Good luck getting parts for the 3 machines they sold. I'm happy with my $3000 Whitewater. Thx. Gotta give a clap out to DP for trying tho, good luck!

Quoted from John_in_NC:

image_(resized).png

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It has music and clips.

Not like the early proto had. If you like TBL as it is at the price it is, great! enjoy! All I'm saying is I would love to have had one like they set out to build at no more than 7K, it's not the same game any more and the rent is too damn high (for my taste)

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Not like the early proto had. If you like TBL as it is at the price it is, great! enjoy! All I'm saying is I would love to have had one like they set out to build at no more than 7K, it's not the same game any more and the rent is too damn high (for my taste)

Neither the early proto or the latest proto we saw had code that was anywhere near complete. I'm not going to take them as literal representation of what the audio/video package will end up as. BOP 2.0 shows they know how to put together an immersive and compelling presentation. I have no doubt it will be fantastic despite any licensing limitations.

#23 2 years ago

I'd be interested in a "pro" model with no rug, no lower playfield, and plain trim. Unfortunately at nearly five figures, I'm out even though I absolutely love the movie and think the pin looks great so far.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It has music and clips.

That's good to hear. I love TBL movie and followed the threads about the pin pretty religiously until it was announced that original movie music and much of the clips/sounds had to be cut.

Good to hear they figured all of that out.

Back in the hunt for me!

#25 2 years ago

Are they not allowed to post the price?

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Are they not allowed to post the price?

http://cointaker.com/products/the-big-lebowski
Says right there.
$9,995

#27 2 years ago

Preorder price was what, $8500?

#28 2 years ago

Yeah, with rug and chrome.

#29 2 years ago

Thanks for the link. I think it's a better deal then a SMVE for $7500, but that's a steep price tag for a pinball machine. I can buy a Jeep for $10k. (A nice Jeep!)

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Thanks for the link. I think it's a better deal then a SMVE for $7500, but that's a steep price tag for a pinball machine. I can buy a Jeep for $10k. (A nice Jeep!)

In Europe it's cheaper than any Stern LE. Dunno what pricing will be in the UK, hopefully similar to Europe, but in the UK Stern machines are significantly dearer than Europe (typically add 10-20%), which are significantly dearer than the US.

TLDR $9995 is still cheaper than most Stern Premiums in the UK, and Stern LEs in EU. For a much higher quality, better crafted machine. Furthermore, it's hardly being marked up in the US, unlike Stern machines going the other way across the Atlantic ... hence why they have their nice region locking stuff - for price discrimination.

#31 2 years ago

I agree, I think TBL is a better deal. I would be interested in buying one but not as a pre-order deal. I don't do pre-orders anymore .......ever

#32 2 years ago

Chris and Melissa are great! Whether you preorder is up to you but don't disparage the OP. They are great sellers

#33 2 years ago

You are right, Chris and Melissa are good people and I have purchased from them before. Bump

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Chris and Melissa are great! Whether you preorder is up to you but don't disparage the OP. They are great sellers

Who disparaged them in this thread? I am sure they can defend themselves since it is their thread if someone did.

#35 2 years ago

So is 10k msrp or final price?

I notice on their website got pro is 5595 but I bet actual cost is lower...

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Who disparaged them in this thread? I am sure they can defend themselves since it is their thread if someone did.

No one said anything about Chris or Melissa, just that the preorder mania is over. 'Specially for high priced vaporware.

1 week later
#37 2 years ago

This isn't really pinball related, but had a scene from the Big Lebowski in it, so I figured it could be posted here.

Similar to the way Pinball 2000 works, an artist has recreated movie scenes as holograms:

https://vimeo.com/150264292

#38 2 years ago

I thought the price was going to be $9,000 after preorder? Or, are they just selling this as a post-preorder LE (basically with a $1,000 rug..)?

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This isn't really pinball related, but had a scene from the Big Lebowski in it, so I figured it could be posted here.
Similar to the way Pinball 2000 works, an artist has recreated movie scenes as holograms:
» Vimeo video

How cool would it be to have a pinball machine with Hologram targets you need to hit? Remember Sega's "Time Traveler" in the arcades in the 90's than used holograms? That would be insane.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I thought the price was going to be $9,000 after preorder? Or, are they just selling this as a post-preorder LE (basically with a $1,000 rug..)?

It was a year ago, but then they were also not doing chrome or rug for past preorder at that time either. Sounds like things have changed.

Whatever it takes to remain profitable I guess.

Maybe they only want to sell ~100 more than the preorder batch and be done ? I.e., I keep seeing 300 being speculated as their initial run size, and given we have tracked preorder serials up to 190.. 300 seems a reasonable number.. If there's huge demand, make another run. If not, have to move half as many units as their were preorders for.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

» Vimeo video

Cool.. That looks like a lot of work for a diarama. Ah to have that kind of free time. Get a job, sir!

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Shipping is rolled into this price too.

#43 2 years ago

Any new start of shipping date rumors?

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Any new start of shipping date rumors?

From the club thread:

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Dudes - FYI (& FWIW):
Spoke to Melissa at CoinTaker today.
For anyone contemplating ordering a TBL: $9,995 price includes rug, chrome trim, and delivery to your door. Anticipated shipping is May/June.
For pre-orderers: anticipated shipping is Feb/March. All games will probably be shipped thru Cointaker so that they can inspect them, but this has not been finalized with DP yet.

#45 2 years ago

Thanks!

#46 2 years ago

Man, it would be amazing if TBL starting shipping next month.

Sucks that the price has crept so ridiculously high though.

At the 2014 Expo I was so over the moon over this game, I freely admit I drank the kool aid big time. Phil talked me into signing up for the game with no money down, told me I wouldn't have to pay in until the January payments. Figured I'd sell my Scared Stiff to front the bulk of the cash during that time and just pay the extra couple grand. It was what? $8500 then? Felt high, but I was hooked on it all. Figured WTF, why not.

I signed up on the flight home that same day.

Fast forward to when the first payment was due, I feel like this was just a couple weeks before Philgate. My high had worn off, and I just couldn't deal with the pre-order roller coaster. Felt like too much money for a pin, let alone a pre-order. Told Barry I was backing out, didn't ever send them a dime.

Was easy to not regret that when the shit with the money went south. That seemed crazy stressful. All of you who rode that out have cast iron stomachs!

Now with the game about to ship I can't honestly say I regret backing out, all my reasons still stand. But it sucks that the price has shot up to $10k, no one game is worth that much to me. I can't see ever trying to get one again.

But I'm definitely stoked that they're hopefully shipping soon, and can't wait to see the final production game.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

How cool would it be to have a pinball machine with Hologram targets you need to hit? Remember Sega's "Time Traveler" in the arcades in the 90's than used holograms? That would be insane.

Revenge From Mars, brotha!

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Yes Master.

#49 2 years ago

You would think with the crazy strong us dollar the price could be negotiated a bit

#50 2 years ago

Can't wait to play this again at TFP....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 209.99
There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside