• Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

part.jpg
image-581.jpg
IMG_6688.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballnut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 9 years ago

I have my kit installed and it worked from the first time I pushed "start" without any issues except for a switch situation that was causing a trough problem that looked like a software problem...but it wasn't.

I have 2 questions of any owners out there including Scott:

1- I have ordered and tried two different "smart strips" and neither one will work. Nope, not operator error...works with other than the computer hooked in. For those who do not know what a smart strip is, it senses when the computer is shut down and turns off other AC lines--- in this case, the amp and the LCD. It does the opposite when you turn the game on. Soooo... for anyone who has a smart strip installed that works, where did you get it and what brand is it?

2- If I run 1.9 or the original game, the helmet lights chase as they should. Once I run the updates - 1.91 or 1.92, the chase lights act funny. What is funny? They light in a different pattern (or no pattern) and random ones will light during ball locks when they should all be doing something else or be off. They in short do not chase properly. I don't think it can be the game because, like I wrote, 1.9 runs them fine as does the original game version (from the computer).

Anyone?

thanks in advance for any help
Brad, Vacaville, CA

#45 9 years ago

Here is first mov of 1.92
http://pinagogo.org/storage/IMG_2214.MOV
here is second mov of 1.92
http://pinagogo.org/storage/IMG_2215.MOV
both of these show incorrect chasing.

here is fist mov of 1.9
http://pinagogo.org/storage/IMG_2216.MOV
and 2nd mov of 1.9
http://pinagogo.org/storage/IMG_2217.MOV

Brad

#52 9 years ago

Scott,
Thanks for the reply. I did report this to DP support a few weeks ago and yourself (via pm) and I got a reply from you that you would check and see what yours is doing...never heard back from DP support though. So does your have this issue?

Glad to have info on the smart strips. One I bought had an adjustment, the other did not, neither would work correctly.

thanks, Brad

a few weeks ago vi

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:Hey Brad,
To answer your first question, I am using a Belkin brand power strip without any issues.
This one:
http://www.staples.com/Belkin-Conserve-Smart-AV-8-Outlet-Auto-Off-Surge-Protector/product_911710
The second question, v1.91 and v1.92 are beta versions, and there is different logic driving the helmet lamps. Please report this problem to us by emailing DP support so we can properly log the issue.
Thank you!
--Scott

#56 9 years ago

No worries. I made 4 short videos and happy to make more-- and longer ones. Kept them short as I was not sure how I was going to post them when I took them. I have incandescent lamps in the helmet.
I don't know what to look for as a fix since the helmet chases quite nicely in 1.9, not 1.91 or 1.92. The "progress bar effect" works fine in 1.9 but not the others as well. This is the effect where the helmet lights act as a progress bar when the software is loading.

Holler if you want more video.

Brad

If

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:Hey Brad,
I apologize, I was unable to reproduce the behavior that you were describing. Are you using LEDs? Is it possible you can record a video of the strange behavior?

#68 9 years ago

Thanks for suggesting BELKIN smart strip. After purchasing 2 other brands with no success, the Belkin (which I could not find available online anymore) from my cocktail mame worked dandy in the BOP and all is now well with that.

Still have issues with the helmet lights, a fellow BOP 2.0 friend is bringing his controller board over on Wednesday so we will see what we will see.

"Bug" below will be reported to "support":
Multiball
2 balls drain close to same time
third ball is shot to shuttle ramp to mouth
head turns
ball drops into cabinet
This is during countdown to hit scoop to restart multiball
Suggest writing code to divert ball to PIN-BOT area BEFORE head turns.

thanks, Brad

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 27.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballnut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-help-thread?tu=pinballnut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.