• Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

part.jpg
image-581.jpg
IMG_6688.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

in 1.0 mode can you get to the switch test?

#15 9 years ago

I can't get the display positioned vertically. I've tried the osd settings and nothing works. Any tips?

EDIT: nevermind. SO blinded by the new shiny that I forgot about the built in service buttons. They work great

#17 9 years ago

ok now I'm having the issue switching back to 1.0, it's bother flippers and start right?

#30 9 years ago

Although in the US don't switch the fuse (not included anyway) and use the 12 volt wall adapter for the display . The instructions call out a split connector. This is not split any more and goes from the do board to the proc board

#32 9 years ago

That is what they call the split connector. it is not longer split, but it still used. The missing split part used to power the display. Now a separate power adapter is used for the display.

1 month later
#62 9 years ago

At Dutch Pinball we respect Ohms law!

Great new slogan!

1 week later
#69 9 years ago

I've been working with pinballnut to try and figure out the chase light issue on his 2.0 installation. We went through some troubleshooting steps and here are the findings. I will post this to the DP forums as well. I want to post them here to maintain a thread with pinballnut's

The environment:
The helmet contains incandescent bulbs and all bulbs work. There is no noticeable damage to wiring or circuitry

My helmet contains non-ghosting leds

The symptoms:
1. In 1.09 the chase lights work as expected. The progress animation and other scenes all flow normally
2. In 1.091 and 1.092 the animations are blocky and some lights do not come on

Testing
We tried 4 different scenarios:
1. His hardware after reseating all connections
2. My chase controller board with his helmet
3. My chase controller and helmet
4. His chase controller and my helmet

The animation issues persisted through all tests.

I was able to discuss the situation with a local who is famililar with P-roc and we came up with some theories:

1. His kit was received a week before mine. Is it possible that he received earlier software than I and the beta updates do not replace all BoP 2.0 files? i.e. are there proc libraries etc... that exist outside the BOP2 directory structure. If so, could a system image correct this issue?

2. Beta 1.091 introduced changes to the chase lighting to improve LED performance. I assume this involved changing the voltage range or somehow attenuating low voltages to eliminate strobing. If this is the case could corrosion or tarnishing on the pins on the driver board or connectors further exacerbate the issue?

#71 9 years ago

How would a beta reinstall work? Anybody have to do one?

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

delete the existing one, i believe its in the menus, then reinstall. They mentioned at the beta start we would need to remove old versions over time due to space limitations on the HD.

worth a try

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-help-thread?tu=cheddar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.