Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by nonik
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

11aeb45e3610ce008927c5556a656dc70920b9e7 (resized).jpg
525a4b429c80ea1f5f5e341d54eb1c12d039f3c7 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
20160328_075944 (resized).jpg
20170313_132832 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I'm thinking about doing it, good move??? Is it easy to install?

20170313_132832 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

yes, and yes.

20160328_075944 (resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

It's a must have!

image (resized).jpeg

#4 3 years ago

I heard these kits are going for $2,000! Is that for real? What all does it contain to justify such a stout price?

1 week later
#5 3 years ago

It is a significant improvement for what you pay for overall (sort of on the line of what people payed for the MikeD CFTBL Holo Kit, cost to features comparison), of which all features can be found in equivalency the backside of the BoP 25th flyer, except the additional changes in the translite, cabinet, and playfield artwork which of course are independent.

BUT customer support is a sorely lacking right now.

They simply stopped responding to inquiries.
This is not meant as some DP joke or redirection, I have fellow experienced collectors that are struggling for legitimate assistance, and it is not how to install the kit.

Be wise buyers.
More waves in the water are forthcoming, and some of the latest generation of pinball owners are going to be very unhappy with the results.
Think about things like licenses, that have not been even considered by many.

"Mexicano el punto muerto" continues.

#6 3 years ago

What could you possibly need support on here that you can't solve yourself?

1 week later
#7 3 years ago

my second run kit has never worked correctly. nobody replies to email help anymore, im stuck with a 2k turd

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

my second run kit has never worked correctly. nobody replies to email help anymore, im stuck with a 2k turd

Did you post your problems in the 2.0 thread?

Quoted from Davidus56:

I heard these kits are going for $2,000! Is that for real? What all does it contain to justify such a stout price?

Quite a lot of changes but the main ones are below:
- Computer (runs the program)
- P-Roc Board
- Upgraded speakers (backbox speakers and a sub w/ amplifier)
- Different back panel (replaces the factory BOP one)
- color LCD panel

Add up the cost of some of these things on other games and that $2K starts to not look as high. Then consider selling your factory board and backpanel and that reduces cost even more. It's a big difference in game play for sure.

#9 3 years ago

As for ease of installation. It's much easier than what I expected assuming you don't wind up with PC issues (assuming that's the problem pin-pimp is having).

Couple of pics of the main components installed in my game.

525a4b429c80ea1f5f5e341d54eb1c12d039f3c7 (resized).jpg

11aeb45e3610ce008927c5556a656dc70920b9e7 (resized).jpg

#10 3 years ago

mine locks up, freezes and resets, cant get through even 1 game. send it back couple times after i first got it and they said it works fine.
well it dont work fine. i even replaced power driver board from my working perfect funhouse to make sure no issues there.

3 months later
#11 2 years ago

Check the USB cable that connect the pc to the p-roc, make sure that not move nothing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside