(Topic ID: 130839)

Booked flight for Chicago EXPO 2015! You coming?

By Jared

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 624 posts
  • 127 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Ironphl
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3009.jpg
    image.jpeg
    IMG_20151014_214020914.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    Old_Chicago.jpg
    cocknbull4pk.jpg
    IMAG8995.jpg
    image.jpeg
    Samoan-drag-queens-with-big-hair-2.jpg
    Westin_Wheeling_September_15_2015.png
    NPgoolie.jpg
    442155.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#475 8 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

No problem, Jared, totally understandable.
    I WOULD STRONGLY URGE *ALL* manufacturers to make sure their seminars are broadcast. Don't rely on someone else, have a crew member or supporter handle it. Ask Jared for tips. The global audience will outnumber the people in that room many times over. To put all the effort and expense into coming to expo to do a seminar, and then not broadcast is bad business and a huge missed opportunity. Last year Jared demonstrated the power of the live feeds and turning those seminars into *GLOBAL EVENTS*.

I have mixed feelings about the live feed thing. We at Pintastic spent a lot of money to fly Jared in this year to live stream all the seminars. I think he told me the total viewers over the whole show was 152 people. I'm not sure it's worth the expense moving forward.

#477 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

You can't just look at the live stats. I never watch any of the things live myself. But I will go back and watch the archives. Like the PNW talk with JJP. That was good. I didn't watch live, checked it out the next day or so. They also then gave the same talk at other shows, and I'd already seen it, so didn't bother again.
    Also, no offense to Pintastic, but you were a new show without a lot of draw from outside your local region. You can't really take stats from your first year and apply them to something like Expo, which has an international attendance. People are going to want to see what's in store for Dutch Pinball, Heighway, JJP etc.

I think video taping and posting up the videos up on the Internet after the show is a better alternative for some shows. I agree expo needs to have the live stream or they will be just another show. Let's hope Expo promoters find someone to fill in for Jared from hear on out.

#482 8 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

To be fair, Expo breaks more "news" than any other show.
    2014 we had:
    Big Lebowski unveiled
    Hobbit unveiled
    Pinball Circus unveiled
    Alien announced
    So there is a lot more interest, than just listening to speakers talk pinball. That's why I also think it fair to put the onus on the manufacturers, since they are the ones with news to break and machines to sell.
    I was part of the live audience last year, and it was exciting, at times hundreds of us watching. Jared was asking our questions, it was interactive, and tons of news broke.
    I think for new products is where the focus on live should be, anything else can be recorded and posted later.

I was one of those people watching! I agree with you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/booked-flight-for-chicago-expo-2015-you-coming?tu=dannunz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.