(Topic ID: 130839)

Booked flight for Chicago EXPO 2015! You coming?

By Jared

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 624 posts
  • 127 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Ironphl
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3009.jpg
    image.jpeg
    IMG_20151014_214020914.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    Old_Chicago.jpg
    cocknbull4pk.jpg
    IMAG8995.jpg
    image.jpeg
    Samoan-drag-queens-with-big-hair-2.jpg
    Westin_Wheeling_September_15_2015.png
    NPgoolie.jpg
    442155.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jared.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I am very, very excited!

I booked my flight for the 2015 Chicago Expo. This time I am coming in super early, on MONDAY to get some work done and I am staying 7 full days. Finally I will get to experience the Windy City for real!

Hopefully I am not the only one who has already booked their flight/hotel for this event. So many awesome things! I cannot wait to play pinball with everyone and hang out. EXPO is the center of the pinball universe for 4.5 days and there is nothing like being in the middle of it.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

Look forward to meeting you Jared. You have done an incredible job on Facebook for Stern.
    Congrats on adding 10,000 Fans in just a few weeks!!!
    Let me put this in perspective. They had 19,000 likes the day you were announced after 3+ years of working on it. Today, they have 29,000 likes just 3+ weeks later. Really, an incredible job!
    Jim Tracy

You guys actually watch those numbers? LOL

I appreciate the kind words. Hopefully my new position does not make me so official that I can't just drink some beer and play pinball or dollar games with random strangers. That's basically my favorite part of the expo is getting to meet everybody.

There are bigger shows, and I would even say there are better shows. However expo is very unique in that it seems to draw the energy and attention of the entire industry to one place for a weekend and that is why the show is very unique. Also unlike any other show that seems to attract out-of-town visitors from anywhere in Europe or Australia and certainly from across the country. If you wanted to meet and extremely diverse group of pinside members this would be the show to attend.

#15 8 years ago

I have found that when you buy a non refundable plane ticket, that will "block" anything else from coming up. Lol.

Someone is like HEY WE HAVE TO GO TO THIS WEDDING and you can be like "nope, sorry, I already spent money on a plane ticket" Lol

#21 8 years ago

I am just ready for some epic reveals...

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

Make sure you try the Italian Beef sandwich as well. Get it sweet and hot and dipped. You'll never be the same again!
    (Mods- this photo may need an "unsafe" tag - it's the one thing that makes me drool as much as boobs)
    20101024 Italian Beef Portillos Main Post.jpg

OMG!

I was at Stern last month for meeting and Jody took me over there to the original location. He made me eat that sandwich. My life is never been the same ever sense!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I would likely not be going at all but since RD is going, I will be there.

Arm wrestling. Let's do this.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you have about 200lbs on me. It would not be much of a show if that is what you are looking for. Maybe I can hire Flanker to do the arm wrestling for me?

Oh.

#59 8 years ago

If all these aussies are coming U.S. domestic people really have no excuse...

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Except we are not from Australia.
    Is Texas in Mexico?
    rd

To be fair, I was not talking about you and your group in particular, I was literally talking about the Australians I knew that were coming, lol. But now that you mention it, Kiwis too.

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey Jared >> Will new KISS code be dropping today so we have it before the launch parties?
    There is a currnet bug which is causing resets sometimes during demon multiball and this would be very bad during the launch events.
    thx

I cannot comment officially on this question on Pinside.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

But off Pinside, he'll give you an earful.

See, even saying what I cant say, causes people to say things. lol.

I probably shouldn't have even said THAT. lol. Oh brother.

#83 8 years ago

Games I want to play at EXPO:
    -Grand Lizard
    -Joust Cocktail Pinball
    -Zac Time Machine
    -Zac Magic Castle
    -CV Prototype
    -Mustang LE
    -FIRE!
    -Blackwater 100
    -Banzai Run
    -WOOLY
    -AMH
    -Rob Zombie Proto?
    -The newest Stern LE that will be there...

I hope most of those games are there, lol.

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Isn't that how he got the Stern job?

lol... no..

#94 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I asked on Stern FB and still no reply???
    Where is that response time now? Heading over to fire up the launch party and honestly no longer excited to be running it since I am going to be dealing with game resets and trying to explain to very frustrated players how Stern has known about this issue for ~2 weeks and no fix or comment on root cause.

Criticizing me publicly doesn't make me want to rush out to assist you with your questions.

I respond to private messages sent to the Stern Facebook page. There is an actual button that you press that says send message. Any message sent to that box will get a response within 5 to 12 minutes on average. I respond to 98% of the messages: virtually everyone of them.

A comment, a post to the wall those are not things that necessarily get responded to. However an actual private message sent to the page is what I'm talking about when I talk about my response rate and response time.

#95 8 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

Maybe he bought 10,000 Likes?
    http://www.buylikesandfollowers.net/buy-facebook-likes-cheap.html
    That % increase in the number of Likes in such a short period of time is definitely suspicious.

Conspiracy thories abound. LOL! They are very real.

#97 8 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

20141018_140917.jpg

I love this place because it's very close to the expo.

#99 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Important update.
    I will be at Expo. There will be an LTG : ) Show.
    See you there !
    LTG : )

EPIC!!!!!

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

Expo is too far to drive back and forth from Chicago and that has kept me away since 2012. Maybe this year I will go Thursday and work from the hotel on Friday during the day without having to use any vacation time.

Book a room man!

4 weeks later
    #142 8 years ago

It is 84 days, 12 hours, 29 minutes, 37 seconds

Until EXPO

2 weeks later
    #143 8 years ago

Hoping to have dropped 40+lbs before EXPO.

Already lost 10.5lbs since PINTASTIC.

#145 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Please be careful.
    LTG : )™

No worries Lloyd! When you are as big as I am, weight comes off quickly at first. Its after 21 days when you really have to put in work. Doing my very best these last weeks...

#147 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Nice Jared!
    My Wife and I will be attending our first Expo.
    I will need to be on good behavior when she is around....shit.
    How do Stern tour tickets work? Are they for a specific day and time?

Thats sort of a Rob Berk question, my understanding is that you buy them from the Expo site and everyone goes at once. 3-6 buses will be chartered to come to the Westin Hotel, pick everyone up, take them to the factory all at once, and then back when it's over. The Stern Tour (for Expo) all happens at once, in groups of 15-20 per guide. Basically all hands on deck from Stern to lead tours... you may get John Borg... or Jody... or Steve... or John... or George... or maybe... just maybe... if you are incredibly lucky... me!

I promise to give the most EPIC tours of all. I am going in several days early to do some hands on work at HQ so in this time I will become fully certified as an official tour guide.

Very few have seen the new place, and it's extremely awesome compared to the old one let me tell you. Something like 125% larger (more than double). Very cool to see.

I am super excited to see everyone. I am working hard every day to have a slightly slimmer and trimmer Jared to "unveil" at EXPO.

1 month later
    #472 8 years ago

I will not be live-streaming the event this year, just to be very clear. I *will* do "some" live-streaming on my personal facebook account (which I will post about when its about to happen) from an "overview" type prospective. Facebook has now enabled me to do real-time ad-free live-streaming with auto-save from my phone, so I will be utilizing that. You can watch without an account.

I do not plan to stream (any) of the seminars, although I am 100% willing to assist Mr Berk in setting this up for the EXPO as a whole should he request. With the right gear such a thing could be done without anyone "manning the station" so to speak.

My reasoning for not live-streaming the event this year is because new roles and responsibilities have dictated my time to spent in other areas at the event, for example, you may get me as a tour guide at Stern.

Hoping you all understand, it's going to be a great time and I am excited to see everyone. -Jared

3 weeks later
    #575 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Well, Bad news for me. I had to cancel the trip for my wife and I.....I was so looking forward to this, as my first time.
    My apologies to all those with PMs and invitations, to hang.
    Doctors orders, and some hospital work to see if and what they need to do with my heart again...no fun at all....darn....
    Enjoy everyone!
    Art

Im so sorry buddy. Hanging out with you was going to be one of the highlights of my trip here. Hope to see you again soon!!!

#576 8 years ago

I will be doing some live-streaming of the vendor hall on my personal page. My facebook account is verified so I am allowed to push live video to my profile, ad free for up to 1 hour. I can also do "some" of the seminars and the stern launch party, but that will be live streamed from other angles as well via Deadlip (Jack Danger).

I will also be live-streaming the 2015 Expo Factory Tour of Stern for everyone who cannot make that.

#616 8 years ago

Pinball people, I will be live streaming the 2015 Pinball Expo "Stern Tour" LIVE on facebook shortly. This live-stream will include the worlds first look at Game of Thrones LE pinball as well as a complete guided tour of the worlds largest pinball factory featuring legendary game designer George Gomez.

The live-stream should begin between 9 and 10am. I will update the "exact" time here in the comments as I know it's getting closer. Anyone who wants to watch needs to only be on my profile page on mobile/desktop to see. Thanks!

If you click "follow" and then "get notifications" you will be notified as soon as it starts automatically.

https://www.facebook.com/jguynes

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jared.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/booked-flight-for-chicago-expo-2015-you-coming?tu=Jared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.