(Topic ID: 130839)

Booked flight for Chicago EXPO 2015! You coming?

By Jared

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 624 posts
  • 127 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Ironphl
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3009.jpg
    image.jpeg
    IMG_20151014_214020914.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    Old_Chicago.jpg
    cocknbull4pk.jpg
    IMAG8995.jpg
    image.jpeg
    Samoan-drag-queens-with-big-hair-2.jpg
    Westin_Wheeling_September_15_2015.png
    NPgoolie.jpg
    442155.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gexchange.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#199 8 years ago

Looks like the hotel room block is booked up =(

Anyone have any luck calling the hotel?

JJ

#253 8 years ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

Yes. I couldn't get the rate from the website but I was able to do so on the phone.
    Aaron
    FAST Pinball

You were right! Called and got a room! Friday and Sat Night! Now I can book a flight!

JJ

#254 8 years ago

Should We Do another Meet an Greet? Suggestions where and when? I'm thinking Twin Peaks

#306 8 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

There's always Twin Peaks in the Westin parking lot if you absolutely must see spray-tanned cleavage while eating a thousand calorie burger.

Ha Nothing Beats the place we did the Meet and Greet in Texas At! Wow that place was AMAZING!! Think it was called Wild Pitch

JJ

#307 8 years ago

Friday Night? Sat Lunch? Or Sat Dinner for Meet and Greet?

Or shall we wait until the schedule is posted to decide this?

JJ

1 week later
    #368 8 years ago

So do people like pinside meet and greet at 4pm friday or 630 pm friday?

#382 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

friday between 11:30 and 6:30 many will be at pinball life explosion.
    Like others I assumed Thursday at 10: was the meetup and then heading somewhere for more drinks?

No I didnt know anything about the Internet meet and greet until just now. I fly in Early Early Friday Morning.

I'm Leaning towards do the 6:30 Time Slot Due to Pinball Life party.

LTG how long does your show go?

#395 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I usually drive up to pinballlife from expo and have room for several if needed. PM if you would like to catch a ride and we can see if it works out
    troy

Ditto. I only Stay an hour or two normally but I price lined a Premium car for $25 a day. I have one other guy with me too.

JJ

#425 8 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Is it considered nerdy to wear a pinside ID lanyard? No one knows (or cares, lol) who the hell I am. I would hate to walk straight past some of the great folks on here and not say hi.

Ha I hope not! In about a week I will make a posting for making them again for everyone along with the pinside Lanyards I have.

#449 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

How far is this from the hotel? Trying to avoid getting a car. Anyone driving? Really wanted to check this out and see AMH auctioned off.
    Also, does anyone need a room? I may go from a king bed to two queens. Cut the cost in half for each of us. Just throwing it out there.

its about 30-40 min away. You will need a Ride or a Car for sure. Several have offered rides on page 7 and 8 of this thread I think including me. Maybe we should Start a thread just for rides to PBL?

JJ

#453 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

That event is the official (in Expo viewpoint) meet-up for people on Pinside, r.g.p, and whatever else. I'll be in the designated room but can dispense info about off-premises meet-ups if I have it.
    .................Dave Marston

Many of the People I spoke to Won't be there in time for a Thursday meet up. So I was asked to do as I have done the last 3 years and organized the Pinside Meet and Greet. Last year we had it at the hotel, and the hotel got mad at us due to the pizza so I decided to take it back off the grounds again

JJ

#470 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

This is key.. if you don't have cash you better hope the ATM at the Jewel next door isn't empty.

To bad its not in Colorado I would bring one of my Extra ATMS out =)

#479 8 years ago

I would be willing to help. I can setup a camera or two and Walk away. Or loan out a couple of my cameras.

I have a
    Go Pro Hero 4
    Contour Roam 2
    and a Point and shoot that Shoot Video As well
    Also an Ipad air 2 Of that helps too?

My Plan was to try and setup a Live video Stern off of GOT if I can get Stern to let me.

JJ

#494 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I've had my hotel for a while, but just booked my flights finally. I should get into Wheeling around Midnight on Wed, and I'm flying back to LA at 3pm on Sat.
    I'll be at Terry's party on Friday, I'll be on the Heighway panel Thursday night, at the afterparty (assuming such a beast exists!) and I hope to be partying with as many people as possible Friday night.
    I wonder if I can find the Pinside badge JJ gave me last year, I think I kept it ...
    Either way I'll be easy to spot, I'm wearing a different Alien themed shirt every day of Expo.

Don't worry if you didn't will be opening thread later this week for Printing ones if anyone needs =)

#509 8 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I second that. is mr. soda pop going to be @ expo this year?
    if so, I'd like to put in an early order for a case of cock & bull ginger beer. can't seem to find that stuff in my area and a moscow mule just isn't the same without cock & bull! (seriously).
    plus, it's got an awesome art package on the label and carton
    cocknbull4pk.jpg

I sure Hope so to. Im trying to give up Soda but If he comes I will got into a Soda Coma for the weekend! =)

#515 8 years ago
    Quoted from highdef:

Thanks for the heads-up Whysnow!

I remember it being pretty slow. But that might have just been the traffic

JJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gexchange.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/booked-flight-for-chicago-expo-2015-you-coming?tu=Gexchange and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.