(Topic ID: 130839)

Booked flight for Chicago EXPO 2015! You coming?

By Jared

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 624 posts
  • 127 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Ironphl
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3009.jpg
    image.jpeg
    IMG_20151014_214020914.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    Old_Chicago.jpg
    cocknbull4pk.jpg
    IMAG8995.jpg
    image.jpeg
    Samoan-drag-queens-with-big-hair-2.jpg
    Westin_Wheeling_September_15_2015.png
    NPgoolie.jpg
    442155.jpg
    There are 624 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.
    #52 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I haven't decided yet on this year. Last year my seminar was a bust, I wasn't needed for the fireside chat. The time there I kept thinking I'd been better off having my business open than be there.
    LTG

Lloyd, you have to be there. Expo would not be the same without you. I, and everyone else at your seminar had a great time. It was so popular, you ran out of cheese!

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I haven't decided yet on this year. Last year my seminar was a bust, I wasn't needed for the fireside chat. The time there I kept thinking I'd been better off having my business open than be there.
    LTG

Man, I felt bad leaving your seminar early last year. The really late start and conflict with the Penthouse party was bad timing out of your control.

Can you please packup the cheese pump and give it another go?

Maybe we can give Wayne another new pinball machine if so.

#54 8 years ago

I would have loved to attend Lloyd but it was at the same time as the party upstairs . Hope we can hang out .

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinFun:

I, and everyone else at your seminar had a great time.

It was less than thirty minutes. I was cut to an hour and then the seminar before me ran longer. The year before it had a bad slot after the banquet.

For all practical purposes, my seminar is dead at Expo. Whether I go or not.

LTG

#56 8 years ago

Booked. Not entirely sure what I'm getting myself into.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from eraserhead:

Booked. Not entirely sure what I'm getting myself into.

A great time. You'll have a blast. And if it's your first Expo, don't be shy.

LTG : )™

#58 8 years ago

Cant wait. Never been to Chicago before. Really looking forward to this. All booked and ready to go.

#59 8 years ago

If all these aussies are coming U.S. domestic people really have no excuse...

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

If all these aussies are coming U.S. domestic people really have no excuse...

Except we are not from Australia.

Is Texas in Mexico?

rd

#62 8 years ago

I prefer Old Zealand to New Zealand.
    Theres much more Run DMC there.

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Is Texas in Mexico?
    rd

Lol

#64 8 years ago

This shit is miles away. Fired up for Southern Fried TOMORROW.
    Allman Brothers and Young Jeezy.

#65 8 years ago

Ok, first of all, Jason is NOT getting anywhere near my Mom. Second, brother you better book a room for Friday night, cause I ain't driving anywhere.

#66 8 years ago

Your mom says she'll drive me.

#67 8 years ago

I'll be there this year. Missed 2014 sadly, but 2013 was fun as hell. Hope to meet even more of you guys.

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The year before it had a bad slot after the banquet.
    LTG

I ended up stumbling in to your 2013 (my first expo) event; While I understand it apparently didn't live up to previous years, if it's any consolation I thought it was hilariously and randomly fun. Still have my mug/ashtray combo prize.

Would attend again. Here's hoping for a LTG 'seminar' in 2015.

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Your mom says she'll drive me.

Lol!!

Quoted from LTG:

LTG

Hopefully you can make it along Lloyd, seminar or not.

rd.

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Is Texas in Mexico?
    rd

To be fair, I was not talking about you and your group in particular, I was literally talking about the Australians I knew that were coming, lol. But now that you mention it, Kiwis too.

#71 8 years ago

Booked my drive on I-94.

#72 8 years ago

Hey Jared >> Will new KISS code be dropping today so we have it before the launch parties?

There is a currnet bug which is causing resets sometimes during demon multiball and this would be very bad during the launch events.

thx

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from pauloz:

Cant wait. Never been to Chicago before. Really looking forward to this. All booked and ready to go.

Just to be clear, Expo isn't in Chicago, it's in a suburb outside of it. 30-45 minute drive or so. So plan accordingly if you want to actually get to spend any time in the city.

#74 8 years ago

This year will be my 15th Expo, wouldn't miss it. Last year some dumb kid ran a red light in front of the Westin and totaled my car, but I only missed about an hour of the show. It'll take more than that to keep me from Expo.

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey Jared >> Will new KISS code be dropping today so we have it before the launch parties?
    There is a currnet bug which is causing resets sometimes during demon multiball and this would be very bad during the launch events.
    thx

I cannot comment officially on this question on Pinside.

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

But off Pinside, he'll give you an earful.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

See, even saying what I cant say, causes people to say things. lol.

I probably shouldn't have even said THAT. lol. Oh brother.

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Please don't get Jared fired.

#79 8 years ago

I'll most likely be there . I'll be the guy wearing a shirt (most of the time) and yelling LIONMAN!

#80 8 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

This year will be my 15th Expo, wouldn't miss it. Last year some dumb kid ran a red light in front of the Westin and totaled my car, but I only missed about an hour of the show. It'll take more than that to keep me from Expo.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I really hope you're not talking about the place with the signs in the bathroom about not flushing toilet paper.
    There's a reason it's cheap!

No I wasn't talking about your moms house

#82 8 years ago

I can't wait for it to get here. Will be bringing more games!!

#83 8 years ago

Games I want to play at EXPO:
    -Grand Lizard
    -Joust Cocktail Pinball
    -Zac Time Machine
    -Zac Magic Castle
    -CV Prototype
    -Mustang LE
    -FIRE!
    -Blackwater 100
    -Banzai Run
    -WOOLY
    -AMH
    -Rob Zombie Proto?
    -The newest Stern LE that will be there...

I hope most of those games are there, lol.

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Please don't get Jared fired.

If he got fired over a joke I made on Pinside, I'd personally call Gary to explain what a douchebag I am and that he should do what my wife does to keep us happily married: Ignore 99% of what comes out of my mouth.

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

If he got fired over a joke I made on Pinside, I'd personally call Gary to explain what a douchebag I am and that he should do what my wife does to keep us happily married: Ignore 99% of what comes out of my mouth.

That will be real comforting to Jared. When he's standing on a corner with a sign that says "Will work for pinball".

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Just to be clear, Expo isn't in Chicago, it's in a suburb outside of it. 30-45 minute drive or so. So plan accordingly if you want to actually get to spend any time in the city.

Yes I know. Fly into Chicago on the 8th for a look a look around. Staying in the city and going to Wheeling on the 14th for Expo. Thanks for your concern. Will buy you a drink at expo.

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That will be real comforting to Jared. When he's standing on a corner with a sign that says "Will work for pinball".

Isn't that how he got the Stern job?

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Isn't that how he got the Stern job?

lol... no..

#90 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I asked on Stern FB and still no reply???

Where is that response time now? Heading over to fire up the launch party and honestly no longer excited to be running it since I am going to be dealing with game resets and trying to explain to very frustrated players how Stern has known about this issue for ~2 weeks and no fix or comment on root cause.

#91 8 years ago

LTG I will assure that dont happen again WE NEED YOUR SHOW its the best CALL me MIKE PACAK expo is not the same without you....

#92 8 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

LTG I will assure that dont happen again WE NEED YOUR SHOW its the best CALL me MIKE PACAK expo is not the same without you....

Feel the love.

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

Look forward to meeting you Jared. You have done an incredible job on Facebook for Stern.
    Congrats on adding 10,000 Fans in just a few weeks!!!
    Let me put this in perspective. They had 19,000 likes the day you were announced after 3+ years of working on it. Today, they have 29,000 likes just 3+ weeks later. Really, an incredible job!
    Jim Tracy

Maybe he bought 10,000 Likes?

http://www.buylikesandfollowers.net/buy-facebook-likes-cheap.html

That % increase in the number of Likes in such a short period of time is definitely suspicious.

#94 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I asked on Stern FB and still no reply???
    Where is that response time now? Heading over to fire up the launch party and honestly no longer excited to be running it since I am going to be dealing with game resets and trying to explain to very frustrated players how Stern has known about this issue for ~2 weeks and no fix or comment on root cause.

Criticizing me publicly doesn't make me want to rush out to assist you with your questions.

I respond to private messages sent to the Stern Facebook page. There is an actual button that you press that says send message. Any message sent to that box will get a response within 5 to 12 minutes on average. I respond to 98% of the messages: virtually everyone of them.

A comment, a post to the wall those are not things that necessarily get responded to. However an actual private message sent to the page is what I'm talking about when I talk about my response rate and response time.

#95 8 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

Maybe he bought 10,000 Likes?
    http://www.buylikesandfollowers.net/buy-facebook-likes-cheap.html
    That % increase in the number of Likes in such a short period of time is definitely suspicious.

Conspiracy thories abound. LOL! They are very real.

#96 8 years ago

20141018_140917.jpg20141018_140917.jpg

#97 8 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

20141018_140917.jpg

I love this place because it's very close to the expo.

#98 8 years ago

Important update.

I will be at Expo. There will be an LTG : ) Show.

See you there !

LTG : )

#99 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Important update.
    I will be at Expo. There will be an LTG : ) Show.
    See you there !
    LTG : )

EPIC!!!!!

#100 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I love this place because it's very close to the expo.

Make sure to go to the original one in Chicago at least once in your life. Also, hit Gene & Jude's (open until 1 AM Friday & Saturdays).

There are 624 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/booked-flight-for-chicago-expo-2015-you-coming/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.