(Topic ID: 130839)

Booked flight for Chicago EXPO 2015! You coming?

By Jared

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 624 posts
  • 127 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Ironphl
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3009.jpg
    image.jpeg
    IMG_20151014_214020914.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    Old_Chicago.jpg
    cocknbull4pk.jpg
    IMAG8995.jpg
    image.jpeg
    Samoan-drag-queens-with-big-hair-2.jpg
    Westin_Wheeling_September_15_2015.png
    NPgoolie.jpg
    442155.jpg
    There are 624 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.
    #501 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Flights booked, hotel booked. Going into Chicago Tuesday night for work. Staying at the Ritz Tuesday / Wednesday night and then onto the Westin Thursday - Saturday. Super excited. There's a pinside get together on Thursday night, right?

Bally had one of their shareholder meeting there (at the Ritz-Carlton Chicago) in the '80's. Williams used to have invitation-only parties there during the AMOA shows when they were held in downtown Chicago. Even lowly me got invites.

#502 8 years ago

I'll be present. So should Pinball Magazine No. 3 (in limited quantity)

#503 8 years ago

I will need to find you!

#504 8 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

I'll be present. So should Pinball Magazine No. 3 (in limited quantity)

where exactly? i'd like to grab one.

#505 8 years ago

Arrive Thursday afternoon, departing Sunday am. Counting the days!

#506 8 years ago

I Hope the guy selling the soda/pop will be there this year. He had some good stuff.

#507 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

I Hope the guy selling the soda/pop will be there this year. He had some good stuff.

Their will be a specialty soda guy there? I love specialty soda. Especially root beer.

#508 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

Quoted from charliebrown2417:

Their will be a specialty soda guy there? I love specialty soda. Especially root beer.

I second that. is mr. soda pop going to be @ expo this year?

if so, I'd like to put in an early order for a case of cock & bull ginger beer. can't seem to find that stuff in my area and a moscow mule just isn't the same without cock & bull! (seriously).

plus, it's got an awesome art package on the label and carton

cocknbull4pk.jpgcocknbull4pk.jpg

#509 8 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I second that. is mr. soda pop going to be @ expo this year?
    if so, I'd like to put in an early order for a case of cock & bull ginger beer. can't seem to find that stuff in my area and a moscow mule just isn't the same without cock & bull! (seriously).
    plus, it's got an awesome art package on the label and carton
    cocknbull4pk.jpg

I sure Hope so to. Im trying to give up Soda but If he comes I will got into a Soda Coma for the weekend! =)

#510 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Another flyover of the Westin Wheeling

I drive past it twice every monday (and often other times of the week). And the last few weeks it has been a sore reminder of how far behind I am on having my machine ready.

#511 8 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

I drive past it twice every monday (and often other times of the week). And the last few weeks it has been a sore reminder of how far behind I am on having my machine ready.

I know I just buttoned up my my high speed 2. and needs a few things to be done. done. Im ready to go

#512 8 years ago

Does anyone recall how strong the hotel's WiFi signal is/was in the seminar rooms?

#513 8 years ago
    Quoted from highdef:

Does anyone recall how strong the hotel's WiFi signal is/was in the seminar rooms?

worked fine for me. I uploaded videos to youtube while in the main hall last year.

#514 8 years ago

Thanks for the heads-up Whysnow!

#515 8 years ago
    Quoted from highdef:

Thanks for the heads-up Whysnow!

I remember it being pretty slow. But that might have just been the traffic

JJ

#516 8 years ago

That helps too JJ. Thanks!

#517 8 years ago

I just got confirmation that mr. soda pop will be attending expo this year, but only on friday.

#518 8 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I just got confirmation that mr. soda pop will be attending expo this year, but only on friday.

Are you trying to get me to spend all of my money on Friday?
    Because that's how you get me to spend all my money in Friday.

#519 8 years ago

Closer we get the better my odds of attending are. If anything will only be a saturday, but still plenty of time in my mind.

If not hopefully there are some great pictures posted again this year.

#520 8 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

Quit slacking and get cracking!

P.S. I know exactly how you feel.

#521 8 years ago
    Quoted from charliebrown2417:

Are you trying to get me to spend all of my money on Friday?
    Because that's how you get me to spend all my money in Friday.

Are you going to spill that soda? Because that's how you get ... well you know.

#522 8 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

Closer we get the better my odds of attending are. If anything will only be a saturday, but still plenty of time in my mind.
    If not hopefully there are some great pictures posted again this year.

Totally worth it to just come for Saturday.

#523 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nelly:

Quit slacking and get cracking!
    P.S. I know exactly how you feel.

I saw you posted the latest Buffy artwork, looks good. I just finished installing and clear coating the art on my playfield, so like you, going to be a crazy two weeks trying to get it all put back together.

#524 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Are you going to spill that soda? Because that's how you get ... well you know.

Its a risk I am willing to take.
    haha

#525 8 years ago

i will be at expo thursday and friday.....really looking for a nice cabinet that i can redecal for a replacement for my beat up whirlwind......anybody have something that they can bring to expo for me?

#526 8 years ago

Wed thru sat for me. I will also be sporting Alien and TPF tshirts as that may be all I own.

I will also be sporting as much craft beer as humanly possible.

Looking forward to the pinside meetup. TPF one was quite the time.

Pinball life party is a lock as well as the Alien/Heighway show!

I'll probably make some time to do the Goose Island brewery tour sat morn.

-Jeff

#527 8 years ago

got the room, i'll be there from wed to sunday morning.
    gonna do as much as i can.

damn! can't wait.

#528 8 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Wed thru sat for me. I will also be sporting Alien and TPF tshirts as that may be all I own.

Most people probably don't know what I look like, so you can pass yourself off as me in your Alien shirts and tell them all kinds of outrageous lies!

#529 8 years ago

i will be there friday night with jarjarbinks

#530 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Most people probably don't know what I look like, so you can pass yourself off as me in your Alien shirts and tell them all kinds of outrageous lies!

I did that last year. Wouldn't be as fun this year.

LTG : )

#531 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Andrew is gonna be so happy when people ask him about the c5000 power loader that is delivering the LE.

--Jeff

#532 8 years ago

Leave New Zealand for Chicago tomorrow night. Really looking forward to this trip.

#533 8 years ago

Tomorrow, tomorrow. I wish EXPO was tomorrow. It's only a week away!!! Good luck not singing that in your head. You're welcome.

#534 8 years ago

Leaving in one week. Should be a nice drive over.

#535 8 years ago

its gonna be a great EXPO!

#536 8 years ago

I'm going solo to expo all day Friday. Any advice on good places for lunch and dinner in the area?

#537 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

Any advice on good places for lunch and dinner in the area?

There's twin peaks next door. Just across the street is Buca de peppo (chain italian restaurant) and RAM. If you want good hot dogs, the 2nd superdawg is a short drive south.

#538 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

I'm going solo to expo all day Friday. Any advice on good places for lunch and dinner in the area?

pack a lunch and save some cash while maximizing your time spent playing rather than out eating.

#539 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

pack a lunch and save some cash while maximizing your time spent playing rather than out eating.

Eh, you can only play so much pinball. Expo is also about the people, get out from the games and grab some food with people, socialize!

#540 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

I'm eating lunch for free at Terry's Pinball Explosion on Friday. His food was killer last year, free beer, cheap parts, and one hell of a party!

#541 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Eh, you can only play so much pinball. Expo is also about the people, get out from the games and grab some food with people, socialize!

unfortunately there is not much in the area worth eating that does not blow 2 hours.

I agree that it is all about the people but if I only had a single day I would suggest focusing on the games/vendor hall.

#542 8 years ago

Be there Saturday all day with the wife. Most likely will be sporting my Shlitz logo button down shirt.

Since I have not met or interacted with most guys, I'll be on the lookout for pinside badges

#543 8 years ago

anyone is picking up the streaming from Jared ? Sounds like no.

#544 8 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

I'll be on the lookout for pinside badges

What are these badges you speak of?

Nevermind - Found it.

Do people really wear these? I only spent a few hours EXPO last year and it's a bit foggy.

#545 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

unfortunately there is not much in the area worth eating that does not blow 2 hours.
    I agree that it is all about the people but if I only had a single day I would suggest focusing on the games/vendor hall.

I agree, if you only have one day you want to spend it playing games and checking them out and you can always go grab a subway sandwich at subway in the parking front of the hotel or Twin Peaks to get a quick beer and apetizer. There are Three good restaurant bars in the outlot around the hotel and many more within short walking distance. Many good places to eat right there no need to drive at all...

#546 8 years ago

Sooo close!

#547 8 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I'm eating lunch for free at Terry's Pinball Explosion on Friday. His food was killer last year, free beer, cheap parts, and one hell of a party!

I have some seminars that I want to catch during the day on Friday, otherwise I'd be at PBL. I've encountered Terry's hospitality on a couple occasions and it's second to none.

Thanks for the other food ideas. It's about what I expected.

#548 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Uhm, Superdawg. 1.3 miles from the hotel. Go! Go now! Or at least when you are there.

Andrew

#549 8 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

I agree, if you only have one day you want to spend it playing games and checking them out and you can always go grab a subway sandwich at subway in the parking front of the hotel or Twin Peaks to get a quick beer and apetizer. There are Three good restaurant bars in the outlot around the hotel and many more within short walking distance. Many good places to eat right there no need to drive at all...

Also, if you want cheap, there is a Subway in the lot.

Andrew

#550 8 years ago

good info Andrew!

I had no idea there was a superdog so close.

There are 624 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/booked-flight-for-chicago-expo-2015-you-coming/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.