image (resized).jpeg
dims (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_6299 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
I Said That (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aobrien5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I think someday someone like Peter Jackson should film the name of the wind series.

No way. I don't want him destroying it like he did The Hobbit.

FWIW, Movie/TV/Video Game work is already progressing, with Lin Manuel Miranda involved already.

For recommendations, I'd recommend Rothfuss, Scott Lynch, and Joe Abercrombie.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I have read some joe hill and for Stephen Kings son he is not just some writer. He is good.
I read heart shaped box and his collection before that, 20th century ghosts. Both very good. I am going to read more.
When I first heard about him (as the son of King). I sort of cringed. But then I read 20th century ghosts. Now I just shut up.

If you liked Joe Hill, make sure to read his Locke and Key comic.

I'll tack my recommendation on to RP1 along with others as well.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Lots of great suggestions here. I don't believe anyone has mentioned their local library and the services available to the public. A book really has to be on my have to have list to purchase these days. Just got tired of them stacked up everywhere and then I would just donate them to the library anyway. Anyone that has ever wondered which book came first from a particular author in a series and wants to read them in order, check out this website, http://ww2.kdl.org/libcat/whatsnext.asp

Absolutely. I've started checking out 2 books at a time because they auto renew and I don't have to go so often.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aobrien5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/book-recommendations?tu=aobrien5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.