Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How much are you liking BOBF? Scale is 1-Garbage to 10-Perfection”

• 1: Worst thing ever created 2 votes
      1%
    • 2: Jar Jar 6 votes
      4%
    • 3: Poor 14 votes
      9%
    • 4: DESW 1 vote
      1%
    • 5: Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 6: Better than Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 7: Good 42 votes
      28%
    • 8: Grogu 15 votes
      10%
    • 9: Ashoka Tano 12 votes
      8%
    • 10: Perfection 9 votes
      6%

(151 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E742DA8D-569C-4AA1-B938-020931548460 (resized).jpeg
    2022-02-25_14-29-19 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    larry_david (resized).jpg
    3fbd63ebd54e507d (resized).jpg
    22BA15BD-5E1E-40E0-A39C-11BB74ADCB56 (resized).jpeg
    B-arthur-ROTJ (resized).jpg
    KK-hut (resized).png
    hulk-smash (resized).jpg
    Boba and Mando.gif
    The-Book-of-Boba-Fett_poster (resized).jpg
    20220209_142113 (resized).jpg
    20220209_142158 (resized).jpg
    F6C6A748-EE7B-443E-93C4-AC296D353495 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 2 years ago

Meh - it has the look of Star Wars, but not the feel. No heart or soul.

He doesn't act like Boba Fett, and what's with the helmet coming off all the time?

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I thought it was ok so far. It basically seemed like a warm-up pitch that set the stage for future plot lines.

Yeah, I have to agree there. This version of Boba Fett keeps getting the stuffing knocked out of him.
    Boba Fett is/was cool because he looks like he can handle anything that comes his way without breaking a sweat. He's the one bounty hunter that Darth Vader himself basically said to take things down a notch. I want to see *that* Boba Fett.

Like I said - he doesn't act like Boba Fett. Plus he's about 30 pounds too heavy.

But the worst part of the series is the Fennec Shand character. Dialog and presence would fit in the MCU, not Star Wars.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrWol64:

Really enjoyed the 1st episode,.. made me wonder if Tusken raiders ever take their mask off,.. ever!!
    Good to see Temuera Morrison bringing in some attitude that you may just have to be a New Zealander to appreciate.
    Btw, if you are concerned about his acting chops and ability to bring aggression,.. watch the movie Once Were Warriors.
    Bring it on,.. Boba the Muss

That's the other rub. The Raiders were always ruthless as hell, now their respect can be earned it seems. Even Lucas still has them as bad assets in the prequels.

No storytelling, just dialog than Kung fu fight scene, witty dialog than Kung fu fight scene. It is the MCU.

1 week later
    #94 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Sorry but I scrubbed through the episode & that meme is inaccurate.

It has to be, no way it could be staged like that.

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Happens all the time in Hollywood.
    Watch Hidden Fortress by the Japanese director Kurosawa, Lucas admitted blatantly "borrowing" from it.

I’ve seen it, and it isn’t that familiar. Not like Fistfull of Dollars, that is a direct rip off of one of his movies. Even some of the scenes are the same.

2 weeks later
    #330 2 years ago
    Quoted from henrydwh:

OK, let me ask you this... Boba Fett is a badass based on his characterization in the movies? Correct?
    Is he a badass because he captured Han Solo? No Vader did that, I guess technically Boba provided back up.

Incorrect. Fett tracked him down after they floated with away with the garbage. The empire could not locate them during the entire movie. One of the Officers died because of it.

#334 2 years ago

The fact that they are making Fett as some sort of a hero or at least a character with heroic tendencies or a moral compass is bullshit. Nuff said.

1 week later
    #451 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

The term you are looking for is "Mary Sue"
    A Mary Sue is a type of fictional character, usually a young woman, who is portrayed as unrealistically free of weaknesses.[1] Originating in fan fiction, a Mary Sue is often an author's idealized self-insertion. Mary Sue stories are often written by adolescent authors.[2]
    The term Mary Sue was coined by Paula Smith, as a character's name in the 1973 parody short story "A Trekkie's Tale", which satirized idealized female characters widespread in Star Trek fan fiction. A male character with similar traits may be labeled a Gary Stu or Marty Stu.

That makes so much f'ing sense.

#564 2 years ago

So Cad dies, but Amy Sedaris and junkie biker gang lives on. Such a waste.

#565 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

On 25 May I'll be watching the new Obi-Wan series with my family.
    https://collider.com/obi-wan-kenobi-release-date-disney-plus/
    The Bobba Fett series did a good job of being interesting and appealing to my entire family. I would have like it a bit darker but after all this is Disney. Of the live action series I would rate it in order: Mando Season 2, Mando Season 1, Book Of Bobba Fett.
    Actually, let's start a fight. From best to worst:
    1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Rogue One
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. The Mandolorian (TV Series)
    6. Revenge of the Sith
    7. Book of Bobba Fett (TV Series)
    8. Attack of the Clones

Put down the crack pipe ok?

1 week later
    #617 2 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

The Prequels were 100% garbage.
    Always were ALWAYS will be.
    Trash.

I liked episode 1. Take Jar jar out and rewrite the kid's dialog, and it's a damn good movie.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/book-of-boba-fett-thoughts?tu=methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.