Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How much are you liking BOBF? Scale is 1-Garbage to 10-Perfection”

• 1: Worst thing ever created 2 votes
      1%
    • 2: Jar Jar 6 votes
      4%
    • 3: Poor 14 votes
      9%
    • 4: DESW 1 vote
      1%
    • 5: Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 6: Better than Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 7: Good 42 votes
      28%
    • 8: Grogu 15 votes
      10%
    • 9: Ashoka Tano 12 votes
      8%
    • 10: Perfection 9 votes
      6%

(151 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E742DA8D-569C-4AA1-B938-020931548460 (resized).jpeg
    2022-02-25_14-29-19 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    larry_david (resized).jpg
    3fbd63ebd54e507d (resized).jpg
    22BA15BD-5E1E-40E0-A39C-11BB74ADCB56 (resized).jpeg
    B-arthur-ROTJ (resized).jpg
    KK-hut (resized).png
    hulk-smash (resized).jpg
    Boba and Mando.gif
    The-Book-of-Boba-Fett_poster (resized).jpg
    20220209_142113 (resized).jpg
    20220209_142158 (resized).jpg
    F6C6A748-EE7B-443E-93C4-AC296D353495 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jstoltz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 2 years ago

Boba Fett had some BRIGHT teeth in those desert scenes...

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

1st EP should have been AT LEAST 1 hour.....
    Oh well....

This was one of my only gripes about The Mandalorian, as well. I appreciate that they're not just loading episodes with filler so that each story comes out to exactly an hour (or 52 minutes or whatever it is). But at the same time, the Disney+ Star Wars series seem to be of a high enough quality that even the filler would be welcomed.

And as the first episode of a series, a little more table setting (or fan service, re: Sarlacc Pit) would have felt appropriate.

#78 2 years ago

Mandalorian felt a lot more immersive because it really thrust you into his world. The combination of the set design, music (esp. the theme), and almost entirely new characters just made it more exciting imo.

I think Book of Boba Fett has been suffering a little bit in that it's not quite as interesting to visit Tatooine yet again. We also know as viewers what Boba is capable of, so they're kind of teasing us by not showing much of it. In Mandalorian they had to show viewers up front how badass Mando was.

They're just different types of stories.. I'm expecting Boba to pick up quite a bit. Thought Episode 2 was a step in the right direction for sure-- definitely enjoyed it.

Note: Thought it was a great detail that the hand signals used to communicate with the Tuskans are the same exact signals used by Mando in S2E1. Was cool that verbs like "Kill" and "Stop" that Mando used resonated a little more when you saw Boba use them too.

#92 2 years ago

Haha, that is wild. With it being that close, kind of hope it was an intentional nod.

#154 2 years ago

I honestly don’t have a problem with the acting in the show (seems appropriate for the characters imo) but I have to agree that the technicolor space Vespa “chase” scene should have been used for the next Spy Kids movie instead.

What REALLY bugged me was all the unnecessary “formations” the Vespas kept taking, and the unnecessary maneuvers through the streets. And of course the forced shots of the “bikers” using their unique little “powerups” as if they’re Power Rangers or something.

Also, at the end of the “chase” Boba just drops out of the sky from his Jetpack next to the speeder? If he can do that, why not just cut out the lame chase sequence entirely?

Seriously just look at this nonsense. Who approved it?!

E21F5490-F7B8-4733-8734-75B730825992 (resized).jpegE21F5490-F7B8-4733-8734-75B730825992 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #233 2 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Spoiler alert?
    I’m wondering if I was the only one to notice that they played the Mando theme when they were talking about credits buying muscle! It’s Mando tie-in time!

Wasn’t very subtle!

What’s weird is the idea that Mando would be back to working for $$ at this point. His character development in The Mandalorian seemed to be steering him away from it… but now that [spoilers] Grogu is no longer in his care, maybe he has nothing better to do?

This is all assuming I’m correct in my understanding that this particular moment in BoBF is after the last episode of The Mandalorian Season 2…

#240 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

At this point in the timeline Fett has not met Mando yet and collected his armor. I suspect we will see that episode of the Mandalorian replayed, but from Boba Fett's point of view.

For real? Maybe I need to go back and watch again… Wasn’t the conversation being had from Jabba’s palace, meaning it had been after Fett returned (with his armor) and killed Bib Fortuna?

#242 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Sorry you are right, the flipping flashbacks are killing me.

No worries, I’m skeptical about my perception of pretty much anything related to this timeline stuff.
    It’s a doozy.

#275 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Whats the gift for Grogu?
    I say a chain linked protective suit?

I was thinking it may be something related to his Mudhorn signet, signifying that Grogu is part of Mando’s “lineage.” Something sentimental rather than practical.

2 weeks later
    #513 2 years ago

It had its “oh, come on” moments but I enjoyed it!

Mando with the almost James Bond style “This is The Way” to Boba was great.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jstoltz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/book-of-boba-fett-thoughts?tu=jstoltz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.