Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How much are you liking BOBF? Scale is 1-Garbage to 10-Perfection”

• 1: Worst thing ever created 2 votes
      1%
    • 2: Jar Jar 6 votes
      4%
    • 3: Poor 14 votes
      9%
    • 4: DESW 1 vote
      1%
    • 5: Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 6: Better than Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 7: Good 42 votes
      28%
    • 8: Grogu 15 votes
      10%
    • 9: Ashoka Tano 12 votes
      8%
    • 10: Perfection 9 votes
      6%

(151 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E742DA8D-569C-4AA1-B938-020931548460 (resized).jpeg
    2022-02-25_14-29-19 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    larry_david (resized).jpg
    3fbd63ebd54e507d (resized).jpg
    22BA15BD-5E1E-40E0-A39C-11BB74ADCB56 (resized).jpeg
    B-arthur-ROTJ (resized).jpg
    KK-hut (resized).png
    hulk-smash (resized).jpg
    Boba and Mando.gif
    The-Book-of-Boba-Fett_poster (resized).jpg
    20220209_142113 (resized).jpg
    20220209_142158 (resized).jpg
    F6C6A748-EE7B-443E-93C4-AC296D353495 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jackalwere.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#195 2 years ago

This has to be a stylist choice by Favreau. Rodriquez directed some decent episodes in The Mandalorian, particularly "Tragedy" where Grogu and Mando go to the ruined Jedi temple and Boba Fett single handedly kicks the crap out of a squad of Stormtroopers. Two very different pictures being painted.

It's probably leading up to a big blowout ending, something like a de-aged Harrison Ford taking on Boba Fett while the two Wookies battle it out.

And if you haven't had enough of Tatooine, you're in for a treat because Obi Wan will be more of the same.

1 week later
    #295 2 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

I loved the last episode as well. Awesome Mando action throughout. However..........Just one thing irked me.
    I don't like the idea of Mando's new ship. He's a bounty hunter for Heaven's sake, so how is he going to put those frozen carbonite chambers of his captives in that tiny ship?? Okay, maybe if he just brings the heads I get it, but dangit I miss my Razorcrest!

No droid...plenty of room in the back seat lol

#301 2 years ago

The detail and continuity is quite good too. When Mando takes the Naboo Starfighter through Beggars Canyon it looks just like it did in Episode 1 when the pod racers went through it, but with slightly different looking (or completely absent) buildings, which you would expect to change over the years especially with big monsters, Tuskan Raiders, bandits, drought, new occupants, etc.

4 weeks later
    #623 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Not really though. Lucas was making it up as he went along. When he wrote the Star Wars screenplay, they weren't brother & sister. In the Splinter of the Mind's Eye book (which followed ANH & the author had Lucas' blessing), they were a budding love interest. They still weren't siblings in ESB, just the vague "there is another throwaway line".
    Lucas likes to say it was his plan all along, but I think he's obviously done some mental retconning on this subject himself. If that was his intention all along, why would Obiwan say "That boy is our last hope"? He was present at Luke & Leia's birth after all. He knew about Leia.
    By ROTJ Lucas committed fully to the sibling storyline, but it was a pretty weak reveal at that point. She never really showed any sensitivity or use of the force in the original trilogy, until she was flying like superman in the cold vacuum of space in Episode 8.
    No I'd argue the "There is another" line makes more sense if it refers to Grogu. Yoda knew about him, kept him secretly hidden away in the temple from all the other Jedi. The last hope, the hidden backup plan. Everyone was clueless except of Mace Windu, his right man man in the Prequels. If you ask me, when they eventually reveal who saved Grogu from the assault on the Jedi Temple, it will be Mace, who survived the his fall & hustled ass back to the temple & smuggled Grogu out quietly, but ultimately failed to protect him. I mean you don't think Samuel L Jackson wouldn't love to revisit that character again? He always complained that he never got a chance to show what a badass he was with a lightsaber. Or maybe they never tell that story. He was taken by commandos. Simple as that.
    Sorry guys. Got derailed from the nerd rails for a minute.

I'm thoroughly surprised there hasn't been a Mace Windu series announced. He would have easily survived a push out of a window. And Jackson would love it, he begged Lucas to be a part of Star Wars.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jackalwere.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/book-of-boba-fett-thoughts?tu=Jackalwere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.